Author Topic: TAR15EP 1&2 "They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street" (Japan/Vietnam)  (Read 121793 times)

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member

I can not wait for the premiere of TAR 15. i want the poker girls win the first leg of the race :D.
surely is, because Maria Ho is an Asian and the 1st 3 legs of the race will visit 3 Asian countries and Maria will have a closer ties with the Asian locals there.  And hopefully she could speak both Japanese, Vietnamese and Khmer to get into the 1st team on the pit stop.  But the rest of the legs will be dominated by the Harlem Globetrooters because imo, they're the most competitive team on TAR 15 compare to Mark and Rovilson of TARA 2 and Nick and Starr of TAR 13.

btw, since the 1st leg will be in Tokyo, Japan, will there be any possible task on wearing or doing a cosplay in a Japanese anime that is quite similar to TARA 2?  I remember what Jeremy of TAR 9 said when he'd saw a Japanese girl wearing a gothic maid dress, and he said, "this is a naughty fantasy come true right here."  Remember that? ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 08:43:15 PM by topaz »

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
Well...I hope TOHO studios is one of the route markers!
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

NoluckBoston

You can get lost fo hours looking at all those plates lol.

I see "GI JO"e one on of the plates.  :lol:

My humble guess would be -
Maybe they need to find the 3 letter airport code for there first destination. like NRT for Tokyo.

Or the plate holds the address for the first destination.

Also  Kyū (級) is a Japanese term used in martial arts.

This is too much fun. I am so happy the show is back.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Y'all listen to Chateau's video. They are saying it wasn't the numbers but the LOGO. Whatever that means....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Y'all listen to Chateau's video.
Did he say "I thought it was a traditional collage?" B/E seem to be looking back at another board/pattern.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."

I can not wait for the premiere of TAR 15. i want the poker girls win the first leg of the race :D.
surely is, because Maria Ho is an Asian and the 1st 3 legs of the race will visit 3 Asian countries and Maria will have a closer ties with the Asian locals there.  And hopefully she could speak both Japanese, Vietnamese and Khmer to get into the 1st team on the pit stop.  But the rest of the legs will be dominated by the Harlem Globetrooters because imo, they're the most competitive team on TAR 15 compare to Mark and Rovilson of TARA 2 and Nick and Starr of TAR 13.

btw, since the 1st leg will be in Tokyo, Japan, will there be any possible task on wearing or doing a cosplay in a Japanese anime that is quite similar to TARA 2?  I remember what Jeremy of TAR 9 said when he'd saw a Japanese girl wearing a gothic maid dress, and he said, "this is a naughty fantasy come true right here."  Remember that? ;D

We don't know that the Harlem Globetrotters will be strong racers, or that they will be the "most competitive team" of the season. Physical abilities don't necessarily equate with racing skill. Remember Ray & Yolanda? Preston & Jennifer? The "strongest" racers are those who can focus and perform well under stress, not those who are physically the strongest. To me the only season where physical strength was practically the only measure of racing skill was season 10. All the others required more than just that.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
NoLuckBoston,

I think you have got it. My guess is that teams have to find license plates for their home state, then they have to find one with a proper airport code. Of the plates shown I noteed these 3 character groups:

FLC
AKY
GIJ
UED
CPY
KYU
IKA

None of the above are valid airport codes. There would be NRT for Narita Airport on one plate on each state that is a home state.

I think this is an excellent test for the racers. Knowledge of airport codes is important. I hope that the hypothesis that this is the first task is correct.

The distribution of states among the teams is 6 (half) from California (this might be a record number and this time there are several from northern California), two from Tennessee, one from Montana, one from Massachusetts, one from Missouri and one from Louisiana.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 02:21:09 PM by apskip »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
NoLuckBoston,

I think you have got it. My guess is that teams have to find license plates for their home state, then they have to find one with a proper airport code. Of the plates shown I noteed these 3 character groups:

FLC
AKY
GIJ
UED
CPY
KYU
IKA

None of the above are valid airport codes. There would be NRT for Narita Airport on one plate on each state that is a home state.

I think this is an excellent test for the racers. Knowledge of airport codes is important. I hope that the hypothesis that this is the first task is correct.
behin

Maybe the racers are given a list of international airport codes to check.  Maybe that list is posted behind them, where B/E are looking.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
As Peach said, the racers where saying something about the logo and that sounds rather 'different' to me!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
The "Logo" could be either the graphic used on state license plates (such as the Orange for Florida, the Peach for Georgia, etc.), or the phrase used on the plate in addition to the state name (New Hampshire "Live Free or Die," Delaware, "The First State," etc."  I'm guessing that the plate teams have to find has a "special" logo that's not really used on the vehicle plates.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Y'all listen to Chateau's video.
Did he say "I thought it was a traditional collage?" B/E seem to be looking back at another board/pattern.

That part has been so hard to make sense of (at about 1:08).  But when you use headphones it stands out as

"I could not figure out how to get it in drive.  Was that too much?"
"I know, it didn't .... "
"I thought it was a traditional column."
"I know, it was weird"
"When I got on the freeway I was in like  H H H ... H"

Do Mercedes have odd transmmision layouts?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
The logo idea seems more plausible to me.

To eliminate a team just because they don't know the code for an airport in Japan? That just seems cruel and unusual to me.

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
Is that a license plate in Lisa's hand?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Here?

I was wondering if that could be some sort of a hold up and compare picture, as it may have a bend in it? But the back is nice and grey like a tag would be...so  :duno:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Konno Hachimangu Shrine is a pitstop, did we know that?

The game show is  "Sushi Roulette."

more later I'm in a rush

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
news to me!

:popcorn:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Hmmmm... as a game show task:

Sushi roulette is eating sushi, waiting for the one piece totally filled with wasabi! :eww

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Ancient Yoyogi Hachiman Shrine site
(Yoyogi Hachimangu Shrine, 5-1-1 Yoyogi)
Head up Yamate-dori St., which runs above the
train tracks from Yoyogi Hachiman Station, toward
Shinjuku, and the trees of Yoyogi Hachiman Shrine
will come into view on the right after a short walk.
Discovered in 1950, places
where pi l lars once stood
were unear thed along with
a dwelling site and numerous
artifacts. Estimating from
the pottery unearthed here,
people lived at this site approximately
4,500 years ago.
Today, a reproduction of an
ancient house of that time is
on display at the site.

=======================
An unusual cherry tree--where the number of petals varies from flower to flower--has reputedly been flourishing at this shrine since the latter part of the 12th century.

The main hall of Konno is the oldest extant building from the Edo period in this part of Tokyo. The shrine's gods, a white tiger and a tapir, grace either side of the hall. To the left of the main hall there is a stage for Noh theater.

========================

Much more with some pics:

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/fe20051007se.html
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 03:41:33 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Incoming .............

"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" --
Brothers Sam and Dan of THE AMAZING RACE 15 begin their around-the-world race for $1,000,000 under the 4th Street bridge in Los Angeles, CA. THE AMAZING RACE 15 premieres with a special two-hour episode on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. 2009 Emmy Award nominee, Phil Keoghan, is the host.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 03:26:42 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Oh NICE ones!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Konno Hachimangu Shrine...I think! :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" -- Ericka and Brian of THE AMAZING RACE 15 perform a Road Block in Tokyo in which they participate in a Japanese game show "Sushi Roulette." on a special two-hour episode on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. 2009 Emmy Award nominee, Phil Keoghan, is the host.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"They Thought Godzilla Was Walking Down the Street (Japan/Vietnam)" -- Mika and Canaan of THE AMAZING RACE 15 perform a Road Block in Tokyo in which they participate in a Japanese game show "Sushi Roulette." A special two-hour episode on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. 2009 Emmy Award nominee, Phil Keoghan, is the host.