Author Topic: Ellen DeGeneres to Join American Idol Judging Panel replacing Paula Abdul  (Read 6570 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 Ellen DeGeneres to Join American Idol Judging Panel
By: Brian Scott Lipton · Sep 9, 2009  · New York

Emmy Award winner Ellen DeGeneres will join FOX's American Idol as a judge when the show returns to the air in January, replacing Paula Abdul. DeGeneres will join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Kara DiGuardi.

As previously reported, Neil Patrick Harris, Kristin Chenoweth, Victoria Beckham, Shania Twain, and Mary J. Blige are among the stars who acted as guest judges during the show's audition process this season.

DeGeneres currently hosts her own syndicated talk show and starred on the hit sitcom Ellen.

American Idol has featured such stage talents as Clay Aiken, Fantasia Barrino, Frenchie Davis, Diana DeGarmo, Adam Lambert, Syesha Mercato, and Ruben Studdard.

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/news/09-2009/ellen-degeneres-to-join-american-idol-judging-pane_21134.html

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ellen DeGeneres to Join American Idol Judging Panel replacing Paula Abdul
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:40:24 AM »
Ellen DeGeneres to Join American Idol Judging Panel
By: Brian Scott Lipton · Sep 9, 2009  · New York

Emmy Award winner Ellen DeGeneres will join FOX's American Idol as a judge when the show returns to the air in January, replacing Paula Abdul. DeGeneres will join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Kara DiGuardi.

As previously reported, Neil Patrick Harris, Kristin Chenoweth, Victoria Beckham, Shania Twain, and Mary J. Blige are among the stars who acted as guest judges during the show's audition process this season.

DeGeneres currently hosts her own syndicated talk show and starred on the hit sitcom Ellen.

American Idol has featured such stage talents as Clay Aiken, Fantasia Barrino, Frenchie Davis, Diana DeGarmo, Adam Lambert, Syesha Mercato, and Ruben Studdard.

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/news/09-2009/ellen-degeneres-to-join-american-idol-judging-pane_21134.html

1. Why Ellen? Just wondering.
2. I was okay with three judges. Why did it have to be four?
3. Syesha Mercado has returned. :funny: I haven't heard of anything she's done post-Idol. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:45:15 AM »
OMFG. I LOVEEEEEEE IT. I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN I READ ABOUT IT.

SHE'LL BE DAMN FUN TO WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:41:55 AM »
okay, this should be my most favorite Idol Season!
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 08:06:53 PM »
Ellen: *to contestant* I love love love your performance and thought your stage presence was really good.
Simon: *to Ellen* Well, i didn't know what was she thinking.. but i thought it was a fiasco and your days are over.
Ellen: *to Simon and contestant* (insert whatever smart talkings to insult Simon you can think of here)

:funny: :funny: :funny:

She's awesome!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 02:48:50 PM »
I think Idol has taken a turn for the worse with a  non musically - educated personality  as Ellen.. i love her but i don't think the contestants will  get the correct reviews that they need to further themselves  to win.

again i love Ellen but i don't agree with the judging choice. there had to be soooo many other talented performers they could have put in there on a weekly basis..
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »
I think Ellen wasn't the best choice as a judge. I know, kind of vanilla for a statement.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 10:15:01 PM »
On one hand, we get the viewpoint of someone who's not traditionally regarded as a "music expert" and maybe they can get comments on what music the people would truly want to hear (or most likely, buy). On the other, we get the viewpoint of someone who's not traditionally regarded as a "music expert" and maybe the singing advice will not help. We'll just wait & see, I suppose. :duno:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 11:12:17 AM »
Ellen brings in the perspective of the fan. She has no singing/producing/song writing backround. She is like having us be the judge. Like she said she has been watching the show forever.

How many times have you sat in your couch yelling at the TV “Are you serious!!! Can’t you hear! He/She was great/terrible, on point/flat, What was she/he thinking!!"

I think Ellen will give that perspective and I think I’ll reserve judgement till I see what she has to offer. :tup:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 08:35:48 PM »
I'm still discouraged that Paula left, but I have hope in this new judge.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 02:40:07 PM »
Syesha? Oh please, not her again. Still puzzled about why she went so far in Idol as she did. *grumble grumble* :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 06:46:41 AM »
Wrong topic? :duno: