Author Topic: TAR15: Tiffany Michelle & Maria Ho - Poker players  (Read 68345 times)

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Re: TAR15: Tiffany Michelle & Maria Ho - Poker players
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 05:57:02 PM »
Wow thanks Peach, great that they do lots of charity work, love the pictures. Kynt and Vyxsin Sure are at a lot of things! This team is definitely one of my favorites!

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »
Still loving M/T! I hope (really really hope) that they can do this! Just to survive 3-5 legs is good for me.
M

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 12:09:48 PM »
Here is more about Tiffany's charity:

http://layn.org/about.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »
Okay, maybe I was hasty in my opinion, but after all the lies on BB, it's hard to like anybody that starts out like that.  Think it will still blow up in their face and they won't last too long, but only time will tell.  I am glad to see that she actually does charity work though.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 12:12:18 AM »
So they weren't lying, just covering up? That makes me <3<3<3 them more.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2009, 10:21:49 AM »
Well, shades of the former NFL player from Survivor Guatemala Gary, lol!

I think the problem with that is that several took it to mean that the charity stuff what how they made their living, or how they spent their time.  Not that they were poker players.  Can't really blame them for trying, because the other racers would have definitely targeted them, stating that they already have a lot of money, and that they don't need to win.  Well, sometimes winning in general is more than the money that comes with it.  I would personally go for the win, as money may not mean much (it comes and goes), but the win lives on forever.

I guess per the viewer, they felt that they could've come up with something better than charity work.  Since they actually do charity stuff, there's nothing to be made up about that.  It's just isn't what they do primarily compared to the poker stuff.  Again, I can't fault them for trying to hide that, although it doesn't always add up to being super successful at it.

Now, sadly outside TAR, on another note: Per Maria, her father is ill.  To her fans and others, please keep the family in your thoughts.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2009, 09:44:24 PM »
Oh my gosh. I hope her father will get better. :(
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2009, 09:03:05 PM »
I'm glad Maria's dad is doing well  :hearts:

By the way while I'm here, WTG Maria and Tiffany! Tiffany nailed that RB!  :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2009, 06:08:50 AM »
OMG!!! Maria! Go for the win! You did well for now.
M

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 11:08:52 AM »
I'm glad to see that there is some good in the poker player girls..  :jumpy: the updated information on them makes rooting for them to get further way easier.

thanks to all who cleared up  the confusion of thier attempted decption!! :tup:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 09:37:08 PM »
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Amazing Race Contestant Maria Ho Defends Motives
By Jimmy
Created 10/14/2009 - 4:34pm

The fifteenth season of The Amazing Race once again boasts some far-flung locales, and like every other reality show there is plenty of far-flung drama.  Maria Ho and Tiffany Michelle are professional poker players who garnered some ill will after the first episode when they “bluffed” about their real professions. Cheerful 26-year-old Maria spoke with RadarOnline.com about her exciting experience on the show and told us why she and her partner chose to lie about their professions.

“We did not want to go into it having people be intimidated by us or see us as a threat to them at all,” explained Maria.  “The more harmless we seem the better off it was for us, they would be more willing to help us.”

As best friends for years, Maria and Tiffany depended on each other during the race.  “At the end of the day that’s all you had, that person, and it was your entire support system,” Maria said.   “Ultimately it wasn’t conducive to wining this competition if we were fighting so we made sure to be nice to each other.”

One hurdle she struggled with was being cut off from the world while globe-trotting: “You don’t get any outside contact. That was hard in this day and age when you’re so reliant on cell phones and email, but it was kind of nice break but I definitely missed all my friends and family.”

Maria and Tiffany were spared elimination on the episode Sunday thanks to another team’s lost passport.

“I’m not the most physical person.  I’m pretty much a girly girl at heart and we knew we had to rough it and knew there was a physical part so I was a little weary of the fact that I was competing against the Harlem Globe Trotters,” she admitted. “I mentally psyched myself up to do things but I was fearful. “

Cheer the duo as they continue to battle the challenges on The Amazing Race airing Sundays at 8 pm on CBS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source URL (retrieved on 10/14/2009 - 10:35pm): http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/10/exclusive-interview-amazing-race-contestant-maria-ho-defends-motives

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 07:48:11 PM »
One story about the Poker Princesses

Maria Ho: Best Finish Yet on The Amazing Race

A gleeful Maria Ho proclaimed her best finish yet on Sunday night's installment of The Amazing Race. She and fellow poker pro and good buddy Tiffany Michelle finished second in Dubai.

"Woohoo! Best finish yet on The Amazing Race tonight! Thanks to all who watched and for all the awesomely supportive comments! Xoxo"

Tiffany added: "Funny about tonight's episode: We were in bikini bottoms & BRAS! We didn't wanna waste time so we just ripped shirts off & went down the slide!"

Our own Jenny Woo asked Maria Ho how she and Tiffany got the part on The Amazing Race.

"Tiffany and I had wanted to be on it probably for almost a year ago or a little bit more," Ho said. "We actually had our manager find out what the casting process was like, contact them and see how we would go about applying for the show. It had turned out that they had already finished casting for last season. So we kind of just put it off on the back burner and we said that this was definitely something we still wanted to do. Later on, a couple of months after that, it turned out that they were casting again for the next season. Tiffany and I jumped on that and we definitely just went through the casting process like everybody else and some how we ended up on the show."

CBS, which airs the show, has made sure the ladies remain tight-lipped about any outcomes since The Amazing Race is pre-recorded.

Unfortunately for the show, it went up against the Cardinals vs. Giants game on NBC and a pre-empted baseball game that determined the New York Yankees place in this year's World Series. In fact, the New York Yankees completed their six-game series win over the Los Angeles Angeles of Anaheim on Sunday night, combining with a healthy dose of NFL overrun to help FOX pull a Sunday night upset over NBC's normally victorious football coverage.

ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" was tied with The Amazing Race with a 6.4/10 rating during the 8 pm EST hour.

Ace King, Gambling911.com         

Source - http://www.gambling911.com/poker/maria-ho-best-finish-yet-amazing-race-102609.html
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 11:18:14 PM »
They did GREAT last night I was excited as they were, imagine if there had been an equalizer, they might have beat  Cheyne & Meghan and won the leg!   .. GIRL POWER  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: WTG!!
I'm enjoying the way they are racing and love the Dan and Sam alliance  :hearts:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2009, 11:32:05 PM »
They did GREAT last night I was excited as they were, imagine if there had been an equalizer, they might have beat  Cheyne & Meghan and won the leg!   .. GIRL POWER  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: WTG!!
I'm enjoying the way they are racing and love the Dan and Sam alliance  :hearts:

:jumpy: :jumpy:

I love F/F teams that do well in legs

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 11:38:45 PM »
I love them Michael! I think they are truly genuine, not fake at all  :hearts:. Not too many girls would take a leap of faith in their bras and check into the pitstop, again .. in their bras  :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2009, 11:40:11 PM »
I love them Michael! I think they are truly genuine, not fake at all  :hearts:. Not too many girls would take a leap of faith in their bras and check into the pitstop, again .. in their bras  :lol:

haha, that was one of the sexiest pit-stop check ins ever!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2009, 11:46:38 PM »
Loved the Baywatch moment  :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 12:19:12 AM »
Maria's kinda sexy biting her nail there.  :luvu: :luvu: :luvu:
Just here to visit.

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2009, 10:29:41 PM »
Maria & Tiffany are doing a great job, for being the only Female/Female team this season!

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2009, 08:13:33 PM »
NO SPOILERS HERE!    :groan: WTF?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:21:03 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2009, 11:26:57 PM »
I suppose this is okay to post ..

Tiffanys thoughts on Amsterdam @ her blog  :hugs:

1.THE QUITTING THING: Technically we didn’t “quit”, we took a penalty for not completing the Detour which happens to be a 24hr penalty (for an unfinished Detour)... mind you, that was AFTER over THREE HOURS of attempting both challenges. Obviously we knew that by giving up on the Detour and asking for the penalty we could VERY likely be eliminated, it was unlikely that we could withstand a 24hr penalty unless it was a non-elimination leg but “quitting the Race” was not what we did, technically we took the penalty (although they worded it differently when Phil came out to the field) and at the point that Brian & Ericka checked in we were then eliminated.

read more at the link above

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2009, 11:56:02 PM »
It does explain better than what we saw, but I do wish it was explained that they were getting a 24 hour penalty instead of quitting.
Just here to visit.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2009, 12:05:28 AM »
I suppose this is okay to post ..

Tiffanys thoughts on Amsterdam @ her blog  :hugs:

1.THE QUITTING THING: Technically we didn’t “quit”, we took a penalty for not completing the Detour which happens to be a 24hr penalty (for an unfinished Detour)... mind you, that was AFTER over THREE HOURS of attempting both challenges. Obviously we knew that by giving up on the Detour and asking for the penalty we could VERY likely be eliminated, it was unlikely that we could withstand a 24hr penalty unless it was a non-elimination leg but “quitting the Race” was not what we did, technically we took the penalty (although they worded it differently when Phil came out to the field) and at the point that Brian & Ericka checked in we were then eliminated.

read more at the link above

Lost a ton of respect for them when they decided to quit the race, but upon seeing that they did try to stay in the race with their 24 hour penalty, all the respect is won back. Sad to see you go, girls.