Author Topic: TAR15: Tiffany Michelle & Maria Ho - Poker players  (Read 68346 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TAR15: Tiffany Michelle & Maria Ho - Poker players
« on: September 09, 2009, 07:43:38 AM »
Maria and Tiffany
Biography
Maria Ho (26); Tiffany Michelle (25)
Hometown: Arcadia, Calif./ Los Angeles
Relationship: Professional Poker Players

These two female professional poker players have been best friends for three years, and were also the last women standing in the World Series of Poker Championship Event in 2007 and 2008.  From Vegas to Monte Carlo, the two have competed against the toughest fields across the world and hold their own playing for high stakes in a male-dominated sport.

Maria is currently ranked 33rd in the Top 100 Women's All Time Money list among poker players and finished 38th out of 6,358 people in the 2007 World Series of Poker Championship Event.

Tiffany, who is known throughout the poker community as "Hot Chips," fell into poker via Hollywood home games that she played with fellow actors while working in film and television.  At the 2008 World Series of Poker Championship Event, Tiffany broke records when she finished 17th out of 6,844 players, the largest field ever conquered by a female in live tournament history.  

Maria was born in Taipei, Taiwan, and moved to the United States with her family when she was just four years old and is fluent in Mandarin Chinese. Maria graduated from the University of California, San Diego with a degree in communication and a minor in law.  When she is not busy traveling the poker tournament circuit, Maria enjoys singing with her sister's band, "Another Sky."

Born with a love for the stage and competition, Tiffany naturally found her way into competitive sports, pageants and the college Speech & Debate team.  She got her start in theatre at the age of 10 and began performing and touring with shows across the country. A far departure from poker, Tiffany is a former beauty queen, having held the titles Miss Teen Newhall, Miss Teen Santa Clarita Valley and was a finalist in the Miss Teenage California where she was named Miss Congeniality.

As a team, these two are well traveled, extremely competitive, strong-minded, savvy players who can deal with any hand they are dealt. Even though they are known as two of the hottest young females in poker, they are willing to put pretty aside when it is time to battle it out.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:30:03 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR15: Tiffany Michelle & Maria Ho - Poker players
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 08:51:38 AM »
The Amazing Race 15 - Meet Maria and Tiffany

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:29:29 AM by puddin »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »
I get great vibes from these two. Personally I quite like them and hope they go far!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »
I think they will get a lot of hate but I've watched some of their videos on line and girls just want to have fun  :bounce
Tiffany & Maria  :trashy: :hoot:, representing the woman love!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:54:39 PM »
I can't believe they are the only female team! I like them, but they are kind of close to mactor status to me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:00:18 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 01:05:02 AM »
Love by Poker association!

I've seen a bit of Tiffany on the WSOP on ESPN, she's cool, a good player as well. She doesn't let the boys push her around any.

Haven't seen much of Maria though.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »
Our only all-female team WIN hope. And i don't think it will be them.

Looks like a first 6 boot. Sigh, let's hope luck goes alllll the way with them.. all the luck.. they need... not for POKER.. but TAR.. :groan:

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 01:42:37 PM »
Haha my another pre Faves when i saw them!!

All Females team!! Best Interracial!! Wohoo!!!

They seem strong and the reason why i support them is Maria and Taiwan born!! I love Taiwan and wowed she actually know chinese when she in America!! Impress..

Hope Maria and Tiffany can go further and further.. Go Girl Power!!  :yess: :yess:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 07:23:18 PM »
Gosh, some of their language talents would have been great in TAR14! But the strategy they both have from their poker and "people reading" and the ability to "bluff" may be very good skills indeed in the race!

Female/female teams sometimes have a hard time in the tasks geared to a guy's upper body strength. I wish them both lots of luck, and will be SO excited to see them race!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 08:23:04 PM »
 :'( IS SAD THAT ARE ONLY FEMALE TEAM

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 08:10:41 AM »
I'm really liking this team for now, they look like they have the brains to do this. And they mentioned that they're willing to put pretty aside, and not use their looks to flirt or something to that extent! Lol.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 12:12:19 PM »
They be great!! Think will be entertaining and competitive like other females teams! Go Maria and Tiffany!!  :jam: :jam:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 08:18:53 PM »
Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2009

Michelle, Ho discuss The Amazing Race

By Arthur Crowson

Poker players Tiffany Michelle and Maria Ho did something amazing this summer.

Neither won the WSOP Main Event, nor did they repeat as last woman standing.

Instead, the pair was cast on the 15th season of the award-winning CBS reality show The Amazing Race.

"Poker is something we do, but we don't want our lives to be driven by it," Michelle said. "When we first heard about it, it didn't take us long to say 'Heck yes, we want to do this.' Poker is always going to be around but The Amazing Race doesn't come around quite so often."

In the poker world, Ho and Michelle are famous for being the last female player surviving in poker's biggest event in consecutive years. Ho managed the feat in 2007 while Michelle made it even deeper in 2008.

When they got the call for The Amazing Race this summer, it quickly became apparent they would both have to miss the 2009 Main Event.

The decision was easy, according to Ho.

"I didn't give it a second thought," said Ho. "It was a little different for Tiffany, who was actually defending her title as last woman standing, but I hands-down wanted to be on the show. I'm glad we saw the big picture."

2008 WSOP Main Event last woman standing Tiffany Michelle.

It wasn't the first time that Michelle had been approached to do reality TV, but it was by far the best offer.

"After my run at the Main Event there were a lot of opportunities," said Michelle. "Obviously there are a lot of crummy reality shows, but getting to star in a multiple-Emmy winning show is an amazing opportunity."

As soon as Michelle and Ho received word they would appear on the show, they set about preparing for the journey by watching a number of the previous seasons and going over possible scenarios from a strategic point of view.

In other words, they approached the game as poker players.

"I watched the very first season and I was completely intrigued," said Michelle. "It's kind of the purest form of reality show. It's not a popularity contest and you don't get voted off. You compete hard or you go home."

"There's a strategy in any game," added Ho.

In an ironic twist, Ho and Michelle were cast as the only all-female team for Season 15 of The Amazing Race. No all-female team has ever won the show.

"Once again we were living the whole male-dominated dynamic of the poker world, but we were really excited to take this on together," said Michelle.

Perhaps the most challenging aspect of the show was the timing. Since filming began in the middle of the WSOP Main Event, both Ho and Michelle were required to be vague when talking to fellow poker players about their plans.

'There's strategy in any game.'

"You understand why they don't want people to ruin the surprise," said Ho. "We see it all the time in poker when everyone knows the result of the Main Event before it's shown on television."

Despite the distraction, Ho managed to put on an impressive poker performance in one of the last events she played this summer. She finished 11th for $41,040 in the prestigious $10,000 World Championship Limit Hold'em event.

"I was getting a lot of questions," Ho said. "It was hard because I didn't want to lie to anyone when they asked if I was playing the Main Event."

Now that their appearance is public knowledge, both Ho and Michelle say they knew all along there was more on the line then just their individual reputations.

"We really wanted to go out there and represent poker in the best way possible," said Ho. "Sometimes poker is shown in a negative light because of the gambling aspect and we wanted to change that."

Michelle went so far as to say they had something to prove and Ho agreed.

"We're pretty unique in the poker world because it's a male-dominated game and we wanted to prove that we are some kickass girls who are nice, but also really competitive," said Ho.

"We wanted to get away from the whole pretty girls playing poker thing and prove that we are gamers," added Michelle.

'Tiff is a badass chick.'

Although the pair weren't able to disclose any information on the actual Amazing Race experience, it's obvious the bond between them remains tight.

"Tiff is a badass chick," laughed Ho. "I got to see how that translated into the race first hand. She's an emotional person and I love her."

Michelle went on to say that whatever happened on the show they agreed to be very forgiving of each other.

"Our relationship is probably stronger now," added Ho.

With the show completed both girls suddenly have a plethora of new career options, but the siren call of the good old poker game seems to be strong.

"I miss being able to play poker," said Ho. "I'm not going to say that I'll play every tournament, but I obviously love it. I'm going to make my best efforts to play the Aruba Poker Classic and WPT Festa al Lago."

Michelle, having recently re-signed with sponsor Ultimate Bet, was a bit coy about her future prospects.

"At this point I think we have to go for either a presidential campaign or world domination," she joked.

The 15th season of The Amazing Race begins airing on CBS Sept. 27.

http://www.pokerlistings.com/michelle-ho-discuss-ithe-amazing-racei-43991

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 08:23:22 PM »
Great interview, it looks like they aren't so addicted to poker.  I wonder if this team can pull the win...
 :lol:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 07:47:44 AM »
Daily <3 for the only F/F team in the Amazing Race 15!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 08:26:59 AM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 02:16:51 PM »

Tiffany Michelle Gives the Inside Scoop on Amazing Race
By Dan Cypra for POKER NEWS DAILY | Posted on September 16, 2009

On September 27th, the 15th installment of the CBS reality franchise “Amazing Race” will kick off at 8:00pm ET. Appearing will be professional poker players Tiffany Michelle and Maria Ho, the last women standing in the 2008 and 2007 World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Events, respectively. Michelle sat down with Poker News Daily to preview the season.

Poker News Daily: Congratulations on appearing on “Amazing Race.” Tell us how the opportunity came up.

Michelle: Maria Ho and I have been friends for a while and bonded even more recently. There was lots of talk of us doing a reality television show. We agreed that if we did anything, it’d be “Amazing Race.” We thought we’d be an interesting team. With the competition and challenge of the show, it’d be right up our alley. We could take our poker playing background and use it on “Amazing Race.” We had a chance to go through the casting process and were in Las Vegas playing tournaments when we got the call. It was definitely hard to head back to the tables during the WSOP knowing we’d be traveling the world soon.

PND: Had you watched previous seasons of “Amazing Race”?

Michelle: I hadn’t seen a full season, but saw the show on different occasions. It looked challenging and was out of my league. I think it looked fun.

PND: The cast features Harlem Globetrotters and a former Miss America. Talk about the competition that you’ll face on “Amazing Race.”

Michelle: We were surprised to learn that we were the only all-female team this season. We felt pressure to represent women and knew that no all-female team had ever won “Amazing Race.” We thought that our competition consisted of young, big, athletic people. That was going to be our weakness, but we knew that the race tests your mental and physical skills.

PND: Past seasons of “Amazing Race” have included stops in the four corners of the globe. Talk about being able to travel the world.

Michelle: It was a very life-changing experience. I live a wonderful and blessed life. I get to travel and stay in nice hotels. We have a life of luxury and don’t have to sweat it out. It was probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done, mentally and emotionally. I came home and had a whole new appreciation for my life. I feel like I’m so full after the experience.

PND: Talk about your relationship with Maria Ho.

Michelle: I wouldn’t have done “Amazing Race” without her. You have to trust and feel comfortable with your partner. I was excited to share this experience with her. We travel together on the poker circuit already. We’re 10 times closer now.

PND: Is there anything you can take away from Annie Duke’s appearance on “Celebrity Apprentice” that could have helped you on “Amazing Race”?

Michelle: “Celebrity Apprentice” is a different format than “Amazing Race.” You’re competing against different people on your own. On the race, you have a team. There’s not that direct competition and you have the opportunity to work together in a group. We wanted to represent poker well after what happened between Annie and Joan Rivers. We wanted to come off the best that we could. We wanted to play a clean game and give poker players a good name. Also for us, we’re controversial and wanted to show people a different side.

PND: You’re hosting a Hollywood premier of “Amazing Race” that will likely include Tammy and Victor, who won last season’s installment of the reality show. Did they provide any advice before you set out?

Michelle: We got to go to a Labor Day barbeque at Victor’s house. A lot of people who were on “Amazing Race” were there and you felt like a big family. These people know exactly what you went through. Within a few minutes of being there, I felt like I had known them forever. It’s wonderful being a part of something special.

PND: What preparations did you make before the show began filming?

Michelle: I ran out and bought running shoes. I got my cardio up because I knew there was a lot of running involved. Also, we learned how to drive a stick shift. Maria was much better than I was at that, so she was responsible. We watched past episodes and talked about them. We prepped for the unknown as much as we could. I got my butt in the gym and got in touch with the outdoors.

PND: You mentioned in a blog entry before you left that poker will always be around, but doing “Amazing Race” was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Was it hard walking away from this year’s WSOP Main Event to film?

Michelle: There wasn’t even a doubt in my mind that I wanted to do the show. What I did last year in the Main Event was amazing. As hopeful as I could be to repeat that, I was happy with that punctuation. The Main Event comes around every year and poker is always there. Not only was this an amazing challenge, but it was also an opportunity to be a part of an Emmy Award winning show. To get to do it with someone else sounded like a fun time

http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/tiffany-michelle-gives-the-inside-scoop-on-amazing-race-4970/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 01:27:11 AM »
I get great vibes from these two. Personally I quite like them and hope they go far!

I do. They will be one of my teams to root for besides Erika and Brian. I just like their personalities and you can tell they truly have a bond.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 08:38:13 AM »
WOW! :ascared  can you say BUSTED!! :lol: 

nice!! use a lie to cover that you are in an untrusting "profession"  :groan:

i see them being targeted for a long time if they make it through more of the race.

also I'm  NOT a fan of them what so ever, catty-greedy  chics is my view on them  :meow:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 02:08:11 PM »
I thought it was a smart thing to do...coming in saying yeah we are high rolling last women standing poker players would NOT be a good start with your fellow teammates!

Strategy...always have to admire a good strategy.

Oh and as someone who picks the faintest hint of wasabi out of my sushi...

:wtg: MARIA!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 05:46:34 PM »
I agree peach to not say that particualr profession but to call yourself a humanitarian of some sort was definatly stretching it!! :lol:

yeah the wasabi bomb,  having to do it 2x's.. i was cringing/gagging for her!

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 07:00:58 PM »
I didn't care for these girls at all.  Maybe it was just a bad edit or something, but I thought the lie was totally unnecessary.  Gald they got caught on it early in the game. 

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 07:52:33 PM »
I didn't care for these girls at all.  Maybe it was just a bad edit or something, but I thought the lie was totally unnecessary.  Gald they got caught on it early in the game. 

:lol3: almost like deja vu!!  :ascared

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 05:43:07 PM »
Please give Maria and Tiffany a chance, they are playing a game .. yes like BB, TAR is a game. And Maria ate 2 wasabi's, I felt her pain and she did it. I'm glad they were saved by the NEL, I can't imagine losing the only all female team so early. They also rocked the mud task and Tiffany kicked butt with the ducks and ended up finishing 6th place even with the speedbump, nice comeback girls :yess:   :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 05:54:18 PM »

Actually, it was not really a lie! They both do a fair bit of charity work, and Tiffany is actually very involved in a charity for homeless youth in LA , so it was more a strategy of omission I think.

Here are a couple of pics to share from a California premiere night party, so cute!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 05:57:02 PM »
Wow thanks Peach, great that they do lots of charity work, love the pictures. Kynt and Vyxsin Sure are at a lot of things! This team is definitely one of my favorites!

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »
Still loving M/T! I hope (really really hope) that they can do this! Just to survive 3-5 legs is good for me.
M

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 12:09:48 PM »
Here is more about Tiffany's charity:

http://layn.org/about.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »
Okay, maybe I was hasty in my opinion, but after all the lies on BB, it's hard to like anybody that starts out like that.  Think it will still blow up in their face and they won't last too long, but only time will tell.  I am glad to see that she actually does charity work though.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 12:12:18 AM »
So they weren't lying, just covering up? That makes me <3<3<3 them more.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2009, 10:21:49 AM »
Well, shades of the former NFL player from Survivor Guatemala Gary, lol!

I think the problem with that is that several took it to mean that the charity stuff what how they made their living, or how they spent their time.  Not that they were poker players.  Can't really blame them for trying, because the other racers would have definitely targeted them, stating that they already have a lot of money, and that they don't need to win.  Well, sometimes winning in general is more than the money that comes with it.  I would personally go for the win, as money may not mean much (it comes and goes), but the win lives on forever.

I guess per the viewer, they felt that they could've come up with something better than charity work.  Since they actually do charity stuff, there's nothing to be made up about that.  It's just isn't what they do primarily compared to the poker stuff.  Again, I can't fault them for trying to hide that, although it doesn't always add up to being super successful at it.

Now, sadly outside TAR, on another note: Per Maria, her father is ill.  To her fans and others, please keep the family in your thoughts.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2009, 09:44:24 PM »
Oh my gosh. I hope her father will get better. :(
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2009, 09:03:05 PM »
I'm glad Maria's dad is doing well  :hearts:

By the way while I'm here, WTG Maria and Tiffany! Tiffany nailed that RB!  :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2009, 06:08:50 AM »
OMG!!! Maria! Go for the win! You did well for now.
M

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 11:08:52 AM »
I'm glad to see that there is some good in the poker player girls..  :jumpy: the updated information on them makes rooting for them to get further way easier.

thanks to all who cleared up  the confusion of thier attempted decption!! :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 09:37:08 PM »
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Amazing Race Contestant Maria Ho Defends Motives
By Jimmy
Created 10/14/2009 - 4:34pm

The fifteenth season of The Amazing Race once again boasts some far-flung locales, and like every other reality show there is plenty of far-flung drama.  Maria Ho and Tiffany Michelle are professional poker players who garnered some ill will after the first episode when they “bluffed” about their real professions. Cheerful 26-year-old Maria spoke with RadarOnline.com about her exciting experience on the show and told us why she and her partner chose to lie about their professions.

“We did not want to go into it having people be intimidated by us or see us as a threat to them at all,” explained Maria.  “The more harmless we seem the better off it was for us, they would be more willing to help us.”

As best friends for years, Maria and Tiffany depended on each other during the race.  “At the end of the day that’s all you had, that person, and it was your entire support system,” Maria said.   “Ultimately it wasn’t conducive to wining this competition if we were fighting so we made sure to be nice to each other.”

One hurdle she struggled with was being cut off from the world while globe-trotting: “You don’t get any outside contact. That was hard in this day and age when you’re so reliant on cell phones and email, but it was kind of nice break but I definitely missed all my friends and family.”

Maria and Tiffany were spared elimination on the episode Sunday thanks to another team’s lost passport.

“I’m not the most physical person.  I’m pretty much a girly girl at heart and we knew we had to rough it and knew there was a physical part so I was a little weary of the fact that I was competing against the Harlem Globe Trotters,” she admitted. “I mentally psyched myself up to do things but I was fearful. “

Cheer the duo as they continue to battle the challenges on The Amazing Race airing Sundays at 8 pm on CBS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source URL (retrieved on 10/14/2009 - 10:35pm): http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/10/exclusive-interview-amazing-race-contestant-maria-ho-defends-motives

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 07:48:11 PM »
One story about the Poker Princesses

Maria Ho: Best Finish Yet on The Amazing Race

A gleeful Maria Ho proclaimed her best finish yet on Sunday night's installment of The Amazing Race. She and fellow poker pro and good buddy Tiffany Michelle finished second in Dubai.

"Woohoo! Best finish yet on The Amazing Race tonight! Thanks to all who watched and for all the awesomely supportive comments! Xoxo"

Tiffany added: "Funny about tonight's episode: We were in bikini bottoms & BRAS! We didn't wanna waste time so we just ripped shirts off & went down the slide!"

Our own Jenny Woo asked Maria Ho how she and Tiffany got the part on The Amazing Race.

"Tiffany and I had wanted to be on it probably for almost a year ago or a little bit more," Ho said. "We actually had our manager find out what the casting process was like, contact them and see how we would go about applying for the show. It had turned out that they had already finished casting for last season. So we kind of just put it off on the back burner and we said that this was definitely something we still wanted to do. Later on, a couple of months after that, it turned out that they were casting again for the next season. Tiffany and I jumped on that and we definitely just went through the casting process like everybody else and some how we ended up on the show."

CBS, which airs the show, has made sure the ladies remain tight-lipped about any outcomes since The Amazing Race is pre-recorded.

Unfortunately for the show, it went up against the Cardinals vs. Giants game on NBC and a pre-empted baseball game that determined the New York Yankees place in this year's World Series. In fact, the New York Yankees completed their six-game series win over the Los Angeles Angeles of Anaheim on Sunday night, combining with a healthy dose of NFL overrun to help FOX pull a Sunday night upset over NBC's normally victorious football coverage.

ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" was tied with The Amazing Race with a 6.4/10 rating during the 8 pm EST hour.

Ace King, Gambling911.com         

Source - http://www.gambling911.com/poker/maria-ho-best-finish-yet-amazing-race-102609.html
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 11:18:14 PM »
They did GREAT last night I was excited as they were, imagine if there had been an equalizer, they might have beat  Cheyne & Meghan and won the leg!   .. GIRL POWER  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: WTG!!
I'm enjoying the way they are racing and love the Dan and Sam alliance  :hearts:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2009, 11:32:05 PM »
They did GREAT last night I was excited as they were, imagine if there had been an equalizer, they might have beat  Cheyne & Meghan and won the leg!   .. GIRL POWER  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: WTG!!
I'm enjoying the way they are racing and love the Dan and Sam alliance  :hearts:

:jumpy: :jumpy:

I love F/F teams that do well in legs

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 11:38:45 PM »
I love them Michael! I think they are truly genuine, not fake at all  :hearts:. Not too many girls would take a leap of faith in their bras and check into the pitstop, again .. in their bras  :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2009, 11:40:11 PM »
I love them Michael! I think they are truly genuine, not fake at all  :hearts:. Not too many girls would take a leap of faith in their bras and check into the pitstop, again .. in their bras  :lol:

haha, that was one of the sexiest pit-stop check ins ever!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2009, 11:46:38 PM »
Loved the Baywatch moment  :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 12:19:12 AM »
Maria's kinda sexy biting her nail there.  :luvu: :luvu: :luvu:
Just here to visit.

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2009, 10:29:41 PM »
Maria & Tiffany are doing a great job, for being the only Female/Female team this season!

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2009, 08:13:33 PM »
NO SPOILERS HERE!    :groan: WTF?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:21:03 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2009, 11:26:57 PM »
I suppose this is okay to post ..

Tiffanys thoughts on Amsterdam @ her blog  :hugs:

1.THE QUITTING THING: Technically we didn’t “quit”, we took a penalty for not completing the Detour which happens to be a 24hr penalty (for an unfinished Detour)... mind you, that was AFTER over THREE HOURS of attempting both challenges. Obviously we knew that by giving up on the Detour and asking for the penalty we could VERY likely be eliminated, it was unlikely that we could withstand a 24hr penalty unless it was a non-elimination leg but “quitting the Race” was not what we did, technically we took the penalty (although they worded it differently when Phil came out to the field) and at the point that Brian & Ericka checked in we were then eliminated.

read more at the link above

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2009, 11:56:02 PM »
It does explain better than what we saw, but I do wish it was explained that they were getting a 24 hour penalty instead of quitting.
Just here to visit.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2009, 12:05:28 AM »
I suppose this is okay to post ..

Tiffanys thoughts on Amsterdam @ her blog  :hugs:

1.THE QUITTING THING: Technically we didn’t “quit”, we took a penalty for not completing the Detour which happens to be a 24hr penalty (for an unfinished Detour)... mind you, that was AFTER over THREE HOURS of attempting both challenges. Obviously we knew that by giving up on the Detour and asking for the penalty we could VERY likely be eliminated, it was unlikely that we could withstand a 24hr penalty unless it was a non-elimination leg but “quitting the Race” was not what we did, technically we took the penalty (although they worded it differently when Phil came out to the field) and at the point that Brian & Ericka checked in we were then eliminated.

read more at the link above

Lost a ton of respect for them when they decided to quit the race, but upon seeing that they did try to stay in the race with their 24 hour penalty, all the respect is won back. Sad to see you go, girls.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2009, 12:25:22 AM »
Poker Goddesses LOVE <<<<<<<<<33333333333  :jam:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2009, 12:42:10 AM »
^^I second that motion. :(
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2009, 01:11:08 AM »
Pokergoddesses  :'(
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline tigellinus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2009, 07:25:37 AM »
It sucks they got eliminated (especially since I thought the spoilers indicated they went a little further than this), but they did try and Tiffany came damn close on that hammer bell!

I do think if they had focused a little more on golf they could've got it...8 strokes is a lot!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2009, 10:42:12 AM »
Actually they were pegged as the next team eliminated and some thought this would be the leg they were eliminated but with the CBS press release and the blurb for the following leg it led us to believe this leg as not a elimination leg.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2009, 10:49:15 AM »
tigellinus,

A Farmer's golf hole averages 200 meters (220 yards). A golf ball can be hit that far in one stroke, but the croquet-like mallet cannot hit a large ball that far. With males swinging the mallet, I think they can maybe get 100 meters if their shot is accurate. With 2 females on a team, I don't know what their typical distance for a well-hit shot is, but I am going to guess between 25 and 50 yards. That could take 8 perfectly hit shots for them to reach the hole area. Since many shots are not perfectly hit, you can see why Maria/Tiffany were never able to get close in at least 16 separate attempts at just hole #1.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »
Besides, the weather is bad.. they were cold and tired... and the wind was strong.. all these contributed to them not being able to complete the Detour.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2009, 09:01:01 PM »
Amazing Race's Maria and Tiffany: We Didn't Want to Quit
Nov 2, 2009 08:00 PM ET by Joyce Eng 1 Comment

Poker players Maria Ho, 26, and Tiffany Michelle, 25, ran out of luck on Sunday's Amazing Race when they were forced to withdraw after failing to summon enough strength for either Detour. After bailing on a carnival test-your-strength bell-ringing device, they headed to the golf field before switching back, and then switching back again to golf — before calling it a day. "We are tough girls and like to win, but at that point, we realized we had nothing more that we could physically give," Tiffany tells TVGuide.com. How much time did they spend attempting both tasks? Find out below — and whether they really thought gay brothers Sam and Dan were straight.

TVGuide.com: How long were you guys trying to do both Detours — twice — before deciding to quit?
Tiffany: It was over three hours. Toward the end, it was so hard because we had no idea where the other teams were. We had only seen Meghan and Cheyne leaving and Matt and Gary on the golf field, but we had a good feeling that nobody else was taking three hours to do either of the challenges. It felt like days, but in reality it was three hours that we put our hearts and souls out there on that field.

TVGuide.com: At what point did you decide to quit?
Tiffany: Technically, we didn't want to quit. ... If you can't complete a Detour, it's a 24-hour penalty. We weren't sitting there saying, "We're done!" We were saying, "We'll take the penalty because we can't finish this," but we knew there was no way to come back from that. Quitting was not what was in our heads. ... We were at the point where we had tried so hard on both sides that we just couldn't do it. That mallet at the carnival bell was over 40 pounds and if you [multiply] that by 70 attempts, our bodies were physically weak. When we got to the golfing challenge, the winds had picked up so terribly.
Maria: The ball would come back toward us because the wind was so bad [at the golf field]. That's another thing — they can't predict weather elements when they test a challenge. Sometimes it comes down to Mother Nature!

TVGuide.com: Some viewers think the leg was poorly designed since both Detours were physical. Did you think it was unfair? And why was the bell outside? Why couldn't you just dance?
Maria: We don't know [why the bell was there.] But no other female still in the race attempted the carnival bell. Also, they didn't show this, but it took a couple tries for all the males that did it. Normally, [there's one physical Detour] and the other is a little less physically demanding and usually involves something more mental or something more gender-neutral. The dance was supposed to be the gender-neutral one, but adding that element of the carnival bell made it a very physical task. Even though there's a certain technique to hitting those bells, it still requires a certain amount of physical strength. I can attest to Tiffany being one of the two strongest females in the whole race and she came close, but for her to not be able to do that goes to show that it might've been something that was impossible for most women.

TVGuide.com: Do you think you would've made it if you stuck with one and didn't change tasks?
Maria: We feel like if maybe we had stayed at the carnival bell a little bit longer the first time instead of going to the golf thing, we might've been able to do it. When Tiffany was getting close to ringing the bell, that was actually on our second try back. So it leads us to believe that we would've gotten it eventually if we stayed. We like to think that because we don't like to think something's impossible. But at the end of the day, we were just happy to have gotten that far with each other.

TVGuide.com: I thought it was ironic Sam helped you with the bell count at the Roadblock by telling you the number, but you were done in by a bell in the end.
Tiffany: [Laughs] We didn't think of that, but that's true! I actually had 61 as my first count. I had gone up and down a couple times. When he said 62, I was like, "Wait a second." We were getting deep into the race and so at some point you have to start cutting each other off, so I had this weird feeling he wasn't telling me the truth and my number was close enough, so my first attempt, I went with 61. When I had to start again, I went with 62 and he wasn't lying!

TVGuide.com: You had a good alliance going there. But why did they wait for you to get a new car in Dubai? There was nothing they could do.
Tiffany: They told us later it was because we had a map and they didn't! Every time you see something, there's always something else going on behind the scenes. We know from poker you have to be nice to everyone. You don't want to stand out and have someone hate you, but sometimes there are things you do on the race that have ulterior motives even though they look nice at the time.
Maria: I think a lot of people have been discounting how beneficial having an alliance is on the race versus Survivor or something. But what they're forgetting is, in The Amazing Race, you just have to avoid being last. Whenever you're in a situation where you can make sure to keep close in distance to someone else and you guys are helping each other out, four heads are better than two. There was a reason why we both made it this far.

TVGuide.com: Did you honestly not know they were gay?
Tiffany: [Laughs] This is a funny thing. We've seen seasons past, so we had a feeling they were the hot, token gay guys, just looking around, seeing the other teams. They tried to downplay it, like we tried to downplay that we were poker players. They talked to some of their ex-girlfriends because they have dated women before. ... We really fell in love with who they were, but it's not like we were planning on having their children! You could hear the lovefest [in our confessionals], so people thought we didn't know they were gay, but it was a very platonic love. They actually told us they were gay in Vietnam before they told all the other teams [in the airport on Sunday's episode]. They came out to us early on, so we knew our initial instincts were correct.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Races-Maria-1011494.aspx?rss=news&partnerid=spi&profileid=05#comments

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2009, 03:04:55 AM »
Tiffany and Michelle knew that Sam and Dan were gay
TVGuide.com: Did you honestly not know they were gay?
Tiffany: [Laughs] This is a funny thing. We've seen seasons past, so we had a feeling they were the hot, token gay guys, just looking around, seeing the other teams. They tried to downplay it, like we tried to downplay that we were poker players. They talked to some of their ex-girlfriends because they have dated women before. ... We really fell in love with who they were, but it's not like we were planning on having their children! You could hear the lovefest [in our confessionals], so people thought we didn't know they were gay, but it was a very platonic love. They actually told us they were gay in Vietnam before they told all the other teams [in the airport on Sunday's episode]. They came out to us early on, so we knew our initial instincts were correct

http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/411776_tvgif2.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2009, 11:53:37 AM »
FYI, Maria and Tiffany will be on The Bonnie Hunt Show today. I'll look for the video later and post it.  :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2009, 02:02:42 PM »
They are coming up soon  :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2009, 02:05:39 PM »
Bonnie is showing the clip of the Globetrotters Soul Train and now tells us she will talk to the girls a little bit later, they are in the audience. Bonnie, as always gives TAR a nice plug!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2009, 02:28:54 PM »
Bonnie showing the girls trying for 2 hours to hit the bell

Tiffany said it was frustrating she was praying for strength they tried their hardest

Bonnie calls them out for telling the contestants they worked for charity

Maria tells her that they do work a lot for charity so they highlighted it

Bonnie asks if they are happy with who won

They say they are happy with any of the 5 left to win

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2009, 03:04:13 PM »
Does anyone here know if it was in the rules that they had to ring the bell by swinging the mallet onto the target?

If it just said that they had to ring the bell, then they could have tried a few different things.

I didn't think of it at first, but from looking at the bell-ringing device, they could have tried stomping on or jumping on the target with their entire body weight.  I don't know if it would have even worked, especially because of their wooden shoes, but I would have liked to have seen them try it if it wasn't against the rules.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 03:36:25 PM by slayton »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2009, 01:44:05 AM »
I had to cut out the Globe Trotters dancing scene from the Netherlands, it was too big a file

When ready, Uploaded (processing, please wait)   

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2009, 08:29:14 AM »
Oh thank you puddin!! :hearts:

They looked beautiful!! Glad they got a chance to explain the "lie", as that seems to have raised the most questions from their teammmates and the Internet community.

I am going to miss them!! Would have loved to see how they would have tackled the rest of the race.

Valiant effort!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2009, 10:07:23 AM »
Maria: We don't know [why the bell was there.] But no other female still in the race attempted the carnival bell. Also, they didn't show this, but it took a couple tries for all the males that did it. Normally, [there's one physical Detour] and the other is a little less physically demanding and usually involves something more mental or something more gender-neutral.

Same sentiments there, Maria. :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2009, 08:20:56 PM »
The Amazing Race

Amazing Race’s Poker Players Call Final Task ‘Unfair’
November 3, 2009
After surviving wasabi bombs, a nasty fall in a dirty river and a car accident, the lucky streak ended for professional poker players Maria Ho, 26, and Tiffany Michelle, 25, in Holland. Over the phone, the only all-female team in the competition defended their decision to quit during the detour in Holland. –Carrie Bell

It must hurt to be yet another all-female team knocked out due to a lack of strength.Maria: We didn’t come into this thinking we would be the physically strongest team, but we also didn’t think we would be faced with something that we just couldn’t do because we lacked brute strength. We were forced to throw our hands up in defeat. It was a very hard situation … We would have been able to get the dance and we would have eaten the herring, but that carnival bell dinger added an element that was physically unfair … It was heartbreaking.

And the golf game really wasn’t any easier?
Maria: It was not regular golf. And you have to add in the other elements like weather and the fact that we were freezing from swimming. There were literally 30-mile-an-hour winds blowing in the opposite direction of where we had to hit the ball. I don’t want to make excuses but we gave everything we had and we still couldn’t complete either one.

You both make a successful living in a stressful high-stakes, male-dominated field. It must have taken a lot to make you feel quitting was the only option.
Tiffany: TV doesn’t do justice to real-life situations. It was so much worse than it looked. That mallet was over 40 pounds. Just lifting it over your head was a task. We were exhausted from going back and forth. We were uncomfortable in wet long johns. I’m a push-through, do-anything girl, but I hit a wall and needed to hug it out.

You went into the Race fairly confident. Was it harder than you imagined it’d be?
Maria: It’s a hundred times harder physically and mentally than you expected and we realized that within the first hour of landing in Japan. For any competition, you have to put on an air of confidence and capability. After that first wasabi bomb, I was like, “What did we get ourselves into?”
Tiffany: Luck plays a huge part. Take the Dubai snowman thing. Erica showed up last and wasn’t really digging that hard but she found one first. We can’t knock it because we got lucky several times. Luck is also what makes it fun to watch. Without it, you’d know the winner on day one.

You were knocked by viewers for lying about your occupations. Why’d you use that strategy? And do you regret it?
Tiffany: After seeing [Survivor contestants] Rob and Amber deal with so much animosity for being TV personalities who had won a million dollars already, we thought the best strategy would be to highlight something else in our lives as our careers. I’m very involved with the Los Angeles Youth Network, which helps homeless youth, so it wasn’t a lie. You need allies and we thought it’d endear people to us.

How have you coped with being one of the season’s most hated duos?
Tiffany: We were a little more prepared for that than Lance because we have a public image. We have dealt with trash talkers before. We already learned not to pay attention or let those negative words in our brains. Anyone who knows us knows we’re good people.

How did the Race change you?
Maria: Rarely in life do you get the opportunity to push yourself to the limit and see what you’re capable of when you put your mind to it. It strengthened [our] relationship. We wanted to spend more time together after. We didn’t want a break. We made bonds that will last a lifetime. The million-dollar prize pales in comparison to what we take away from participating.

Certainly most people cannot claim they crashed a car in the parking lot of the Dubai desert.
Maria: That was my favorite part. Another racer made me a keychain that says, “Warning: Asian female driver,” and it’ll be my keychain from here on out.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/11/03/amazing-races-poker-players-call-final-task-unfair/?xid=rss-topheadlines

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2009, 08:26:33 PM »
Amazing Race: Maria Ho and Tiffany Michelle Speak on Elimination
By Dan Cypra for POKER NEWS DAILY | Posted on November 04, 2009

In the Netherlands, professional poker players Tiffany Michelle and Maria Ho were eliminated from the CBS reality series “Amazing Race” when the duo was unable to complete either side of the leg’s Detour. The last women standing in the 2007 and 2008 World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Events sat down with Poker News Daily to recap their journey.

Poker News Daily: Congratulations on finishing sixth in the 15th cycle of “Amazing Race.” The show was filmed during the WSOP Main Event. How do you feel now after watching it unfold on television?

Ho: It definitely took some time after the fact to cope with, but watching it on television was hard for both of us. We’re living it and feeling those emotions all over again.

Michelle: We made it so much further than we thought we would. At any point, we were willing to accept our fate.

PND: Several in the poker community have labeled the Netherlands’ Detour as sexist due to the presence of a high striker and whipping winds at the golf course. Do you agree?

Ho: From a production standpoint, it’s so hard for them to come up with all of these tasks. We’re not going to call it unfair. All we knew is that we gave it everything we had, but what we had wasn’t enough to complete it. In golf, the elements were too much to overcome. For us to try the high striker 70+ times, it obviously wasn’t the easiest thing to do. It might have come off like we didn’t give it our best shot, but we did.

Michelle: We spent three hours giving each side of the Detour a decent shot. If you can’t finish a Detour, you got a penalty of 24 hours. At one point, EMTs had come out and assess that we weren’t getting hypothermia. Either way, we knew it would be tough to come back from that.

PND: What was the most memorable part of the race?

Ho: Every moment was memorable. We got to go to so many good places and do things that we would never be able to do under normal circumstances. It was memorable when we got a four-hour penalty after losing two tourists and also had a speed bump to overcome. I feel like people were going to count us out and we wanted to show that we could compete, so we gave that next leg of the race our all. It was so great to come in the middle of the pack on that leg.

Michelle: Any time I was able to do a challenge that the guys were doing, like in the Dubai desert, it was incredibly rewarding.

PND: Was it tough seeing that two Harlem Globetrotters were among your competition?

Ho: We definitely tried to size them up a bit based on what we saw. Once we got to know who they were, they didn’t physically intimidate us. It’s not always about being the strongest or the fastest.

Michelle: We started calling them the “Lakers” because they looked like basketball players. We knew that they were going to have a lot of strength physically, but we could use our intelligence and creativity to counteract that.

PND: Do you feel that you represented the poker community well?

Michelle: All that we can represent is ourselves. It’s a big burden to take the poker community on our shoulders. A lot of poker didn’t come into play and this is a very physically intense game. All that we can hope is that our friends thought well of it. All we could do is represent Maria Ho and Tiffany Michelle the best we could.

PND: Are you changed after this experience?

Ho: The “Amazing Race” was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It’s life-changing in the sense that you get to push your limits physically, emotionally, and mentally. This race gave us both the opportunity to do that. Given any situation we encounter, we know what’s inside of us and what we’re capable of. In addition, the bond between Tiffany and I will last a lifetime. We were close friends leading up to this race and there’s nothing like having a person to lean on.

PND: The finish line of this installment of “Amazing Race” is in Las Vegas. How disappointed were you to hear that given you’re both professional poker players? Also, who’s your pick to win?

Ho: You have some strong teams left. Sam and Dan are tough boys. Meghan and Cheyne won a lot of legs. The Globetrotters have been in it to win it. Matt and Gary have sneaked by. Any of the last five teams are going to be tough competition. We got so close with those top teams. We’re excited to see how it ends.

Michelle: This was ours to lose. Las Vegas is our second home. It’s a place we’re very comfortable and familiar with. It broke our hearts that we couldn’t be a part of it. Lady Luck was on our side for parts of the race. If we made it that far, we would have given the other teams a good fight to the finish.
http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/amazing-race-maria-ho-and-tiffany-michelle-speak-on-elimination-6125/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2009, 01:01:10 AM »
The Insider Dish's Ross Matthews interviewed Maria and Tiffany

Click on link below to view video:

http://www.theinsider.com/obsessions/Inside_Dish_with_Ross_Mathews

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2009, 01:54:17 AM »
thanks Will!

I'm going to miss the Poker Girls  :beer: :hrt:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2009, 02:28:01 PM »
 :waves:

The girls on the Early Show

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2009, 10:18:30 AM »
Thanks for the video! The girl's are such great darlings! :hearts:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2009, 10:15:09 PM »
Ugh. After Leg 8 I've really started to miss them. :(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2009, 11:33:35 PM »
Your not the only one Hooky *sigh*

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2009, 09:56:34 PM »
The strange thing is I started off not liking them at all. I don't think I've ever had a team I dislike become one of my favorites later.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2009, 01:21:18 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2010, 10:39:38 PM »
From Maria's twitter:
What a pleasant surprise in the mail today! I guess CBS sends the cast the entire season on DVD! Wasabi!
http://yfrog.com/1dd5qsj

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2010, 08:37:16 PM »
I think each team gets a short DVD of "their" moments...  nice present!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2010, 01:52:50 PM »
I saw that on Twitter. I wish CBS would release each season.  :duno: :duno:
Just here to visit.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2010, 02:20:24 PM »
They have a YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xxTiffanyMichellexx

Here's a cute video of them visiting the Globetrotters.

"Adventures of Ho-Chips: Globetrotters for a Day"
Poker pros Maria Ho and Tiffany Michelle suit up to join their Amazing Race cast mates Flight Time and Big Easy for a Harlem Globetrotter game in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Offline TARdevotee

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2011, 11:50:24 AM »
Cool article about Maria on RealityBlurred: http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_15/2011_Jun_08_maria_ho_wsop_win

Congrats Maria!

No Tiffany and Maria for Allstars.. but congrats! That's... ALOT of money. :lol3:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2011, 05:18:27 AM »
This team, as well as the Bowling moms, the Doctors and the Shopping Hosts need to go back to the race so much.

I hope there's sometime a TAR:AS (F/F teams). :lol:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:03:26 AM by Dave the 2nd »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2012, 01:37:08 AM »
They were coming down under to Melbourne!!

:hearts:

Maria & Tiffany at Crown Casino, Melbourne

They were attending the 2012 Crown Casino's Aussie Millions
15-19 January, 2012

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2012, 03:54:51 PM »
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2012, 03:58:03 PM »
Good luck to her!  :lol:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2012, 10:32:48 PM »
Oh boy...she'll need so much luck
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2012, 11:57:32 PM »

She won the first competition for her team.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2012, 12:14:25 AM »

So does that means she made the worst meal?

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2012, 12:17:09 AM »

So does that means she made the worst meal?

Nope. Basically these terrible cooks are split up into two teams of each and week the person from each team who does the worst at the competitions are eliminated. At the end of the show, the final member from each team cooks a restaurant quality meal and the winner wins 25k.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2012, 09:10:45 PM »
Just an update on how Tiffany's been doing on WCIA. She's in the final 6. However, she's ben doing worse with each episode. I believe she's eliminated next.

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2012, 05:47:22 PM »
I hope she isn't....she's freakin' hilarious.
"This is such a humbling experience..and I HATE IT!"
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2012, 11:11:50 PM »
"I realized my food was lacking, so I pulled out my special ingredient... me!"

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2012, 09:33:53 PM »
Alas, Tiffany was eliminated tonight.....she made it to the Final 3 though.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2012, 12:00:45 AM »
she made it to the Final 3 though.

For her team, final 6 overall. They eliminate two each week.