Author Topic: TAR15: Keri Morrione & Lance Layne - Engaged  (Read 33902 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TAR15: Keri Morrione & Lance Layne - Engaged
« on: September 09, 2009, 07:42:31 AM »
Lance and Keri
Biography
Lance Layne (41); Keri Morrione (33)
Hometown: Salem, Mass./ Peabody, Mass.
Relationship: Engaged      

Lance and Keri have been dating each other for over two years.  Lance proposed this winter, and the two are planning to be married soon.  Both are looking to the Race to test their relationship, communication skills and their physical breaking points.    

Lance and Keri are very athletic, love animals and the outdoors.  Some of their fondest memories include recent vacations in Jamaica and the Dominican Republic, and they are now looking forward to traveling around the world together.

Lance, a self-made trial attorney and black belt in karate, has an über-aggressive personality and is admittedly confrontational — he describes himself as having a "street persona" and will do whatever it takes to win.  Keri is a health care finance manager and while she likes to take the kinder and gentler approach to dealing with certain situations, she admits that she is equally as competitive.  

Keri's hobbies include jogging, jet skiing and shopping. Lance's hobbies include karate, weight training, and following the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics.  

Lance loves the competition aspect of the Race and Keri loves to travel. Both are eager to compete and put their relationship through the rigors of the Race.  They have not lived together around the clock before, or necessarily had to work as a team….and believe this experience will be good practice for the rest of their lives together.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:35:19 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR15: Keri Morrione & Lance Layne - Engaged
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:07:28 AM »
The Amazing Race 15 - Meet Lance and Keri

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:34:04 AM by puddin »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 02:33:45 PM »
Weve neva lived tagetha! I love accents and theirs are so cool. I like them but I think I will either grow to like them more or start to dislike them

Selective Hearing haha
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 11:09:01 PM »
They are very...interesting. Their accents are hilarious, but I think they are going to annoy me. But it's too early to judge well right now.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 09:35:54 PM »
They give me the Brad and Victoria vibes... and that doesn't spell good if they're eliminated early.

Not a favourite, slanting towards neutral and dislike. :(

Hopefully they will be good to watch and bring us some entertainment..!

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 01:27:18 PM »
Hmmm Lance look like Jonanthan to me.. And Keri a quiet Victoria??

Hope they are like Tina and Ken!! :)
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 04:07:15 PM »
KiwiJay and Hooky,

Boston accents are taken seriously in eastern Massachusetts (I ought to know; I lived there for 6 years). The locals there do not appreciate people from elsewhere (including New Zealand and the western half of the U.S.) making fun of their accents.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 05:37:30 PM »
KiwiJay and Hooky,

Boston accents are taken seriously in eastern Massachusetts (I ought to know; I lived there for 6 years). The locals there do not appreciate people from elsewhere (including New Zealand and the western half of the U.S.) making fun of their accents.

Well, yes, but most people in the world don't live in Boston. Or LA, either. (Hint to producers).
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 06:43:22 PM »
I lived in Boston myself for a few years, so the accents bring back some great memories...

I think he is/will be verrrry competitive, and loved the selective hearing comment too! They are going to be interesting to watch...hope their edit is good!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 08:50:22 PM »
Keri and her Boston accent are sexy, you go girl! And congrats on their recent wedding and sending Wedding Blessings :congrats:

Offline bostonmom

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 05:01:34 PM »
Keri is very sweet.  We used to be very close but we've let the years get between us. She and her sister were bridesmaids in my wedding.  I have never met Lance but was happy to learn of their nupitals last month.  I wish them the very best!  :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 05:12:12 PM »
welcome to the forum bostonmom :hiya

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 05:13:54 PM »
Keri is very sweet.  We used to be very close but we've let the years get between us. She and her sister were bridesmaids in my wedding.  I have never met Lance but was happy to learn of their nupitals last month.  I wish them the very best!  :)

ARE SWEET COUPLE OR DO THEY BICKER

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 05:56:13 PM »

ARE SWEET COUPLE OR DO THEY BICKER
bostonmom never met Lance how would she know if they bicker?

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 06:07:28 PM »
 :-[ i aplogize for that

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 08:09:29 PM »
KiwiJay and Hooky,

Working in Eastern MA and living in Rhode Island, people here have a sense of humor about the accents. They just don't like actors making the accents sound like John Kennedy.
Just here to visit.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 09:05:16 AM »
They seem forgettable, didn't even realise this team existed until I re-visited the racers page again. They remind me of Mark and Char of the Schroeder family in Season 8. They don't look like they'll last, hmm, maybe 8th or 9th place.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 12:39:25 AM »
Weve neva lived tagetha! I love accents and theirs are so cool. I like them but I think I will either grow to like them more or start to dislike them

Selective Hearing haha

I agree with a on will they go on me or will I dislike them...i'm thinking dislike haha...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »
North Shore newlyweds celebrate ‘Amazing’ life in fast Layne
By Tenley Woodman  |   Thursday, September 24, 2009 

The new season of CBS’ “The Amazing Race” hasn’t started and contestant Lance Layne has already been pegged as the Boston bad boy.

On the official “Amazing Race” Web site, the Peabody resident is described as “uber-aggressive” and someone who “describes himself as having a ‘street persona’ and will do whatever it takes to win.”

Viewers can decide for themselves Sunday, when the 15th installment premieres at 8 p.m. on WBZ (Ch. 4).

“I didn’t come on (the show) trying to be a character, hoping to be a villain,” said Layne during a telephone interview. “I was going to be myself.”

Layne, 41, joins his bride Keri Morrione, 33, in the globe-trotting reality competition.

As a defense laywer, Layne said his outspoken nature is an asset. Not everyone may see it that way.

“He’s obviously a great guy, otherwise I wouldn’t have married him. There are times he doesn’t listen and that was something we wanted to work on,” said Morrione, a finance manager.

On their blogs, fans have already chastised Layne for his take-charge persona.

“I try not to read too much,” Morrione said. “You can see some pieces of who people are (in clips and on the show), but it’s not enough to size them up. It’s not really fair.”

Layne and Morrione were engaged while the show was filming. They married in August.

“We thought the stress of the race is equivalent to five years of marriage,” Layne said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/television/general/view.bg?articleid=1199542&format=text

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 11:30:14 AM »
“I try not to read too much,” Morrione said. “You can see some pieces of who people are (in clips and on the show), but it’s not enough to size them up. It’s not really fair.”

I totally agree Lance!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 11:48:47 AM »

I totally agree Lance!

You mean Keri. :tup:

And that is absolutely true. We don't know them well enough yet.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 11:55:16 AM »
yeah right whatever hooky

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 08:40:13 PM »
Keri's accent totally wins my heart.  I wish had been brave enough to talk to them in the gate area.  I really should have tried   :'(
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 08:44:43 AM »
Ok this guy irritated me!   (:;)

his "in your face"  tactics are too much for me!! and Phil looked taken back :ascared by him each time he came to the mat!!  Have some control man will ya! :lol:

can't say much about the wife she didn't come through as a strong person but i think she wouuld have to be thick skinned to deal with his ego.

i'm sure if they make it  through more races  we'll see some blow ups!
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 05:20:02 AM »
The way that Lance conducted himself on the first two legs was not up to scratch.
He really needs to think before he speaks.
Other than that they would be amazing racers.