Author Topic: Amazing Race 15 Commercial Screencaps  (Read 70648 times)

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
Re: Amazing Race 15 Commercial Screencaps
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »
Thanks guys.  I owe it to you.

Here is the embedded version:

Play it loud to get the full impact of the music  :jam:

OUTSTANDING! :yourock: and you're way too modest concerning your own contribution to this.
Much appreciated.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2009, 11:48:12 PM »
I have a bad feeling that the otaku fans all over the world would love to watch TAR 15 this year. :lol:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2009, 06:10:09 AM »
Do the greetings mean anything? :P Or did they randomly choose the languages? 'Cause if isn't random, I can't find any country on the spoiled list that speaks Spanish. :P

the first greeting is Spanish, followed by Japanese and French!  We already know about Japan this season as well Cambodia, a former colony of France.  So the Spanish greeting could represent the Philippines since due to the known fact that everything after Cambodia towards the final leg has been spoiled.  And the unknown destination after Tokyo and before Vietnam has been remained unsolved.  The Philippines is the only known place to where Spanish could be a major language in Eastern Asia and due to the fact it has alot of Spanish influences.  This is my only guess since no other country in Eastern Asia speaks Spanish, another possibility could be the Pacific Ocean region of Micronesia "not the country" due to the Spanish influence.

If Philippines is visited and no such clues popped up... I don't know what to say, Filipinos love TAR, as by TARA applications, AXN has said (I think) that most auditions come from the Philippines...

I sure hope so they go to the Philippines!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2009, 08:14:39 AM »
Do the greetings mean anything? :P Or did they randomly choose the languages? 'Cause if isn't random, I can't find any country on the spoiled list that speaks Spanish. :P

the first greeting is Spanish, followed by Japanese and French!  We already know about Japan this season as well Cambodia, a former colony of France.  So the Spanish greeting could represent the Philippines since due to the known fact that everything after Cambodia towards the final leg has been spoiled.  And the unknown destination after Tokyo and before Vietnam has been remained unsolved.  The Philippines is the only known place to where Spanish could be a major language in Eastern Asia and due to the fact it has alot of Spanish influences.  This is my only guess since no other country in Eastern Asia speaks Spanish, another possibility could be the Pacific Ocean region of Micronesia "not the country" due to the Spanish influence.

I agree with mjriches about what is called the Spanish East Indies to describe Spanish territories in Asia-Pacific which lasted over three centuries (1565 to 1899). It encompassed the Philippine Islands (Las Islas Filipinas), and its dependencies including the Mariana Islands and the Caroline Islands, and for a period of time, parts of Formosa (Taiwan), Sabah, and parts of the Moluccas. It also included Guam, where Spanish is still a major language.

Now, I would say that this might be a hint about where a leg after Japan was going since there are no other current Spanish speaking countries outside the Western Hemisphere except Spain, the Balearic and Canary Islands controlled by Spain and Ceuta and Melilla (Spanish city-states on the Moroccan side of the Straits of Gilbraltar that I tend to forget about - and you do too, admit it).

The inclusion of Allez and of Cambodia, a French colony until 1953, makes it likely that those languages shown are indeed markers of where the race went. This has altered my thinking to the extent that vamanos could be telling us that a Sapnish language country was included in AR15. it could also be an instance of misdirection, but I don't think so. I think the meaning of this is that the Philippines was the missing second leg. We'll see no later than October 4.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2009, 08:28:37 AM »

The inclusion of Allez and of Cambodia, a French colony until 1953, makes it likely that those languages shown are indeed markers of where the race went. This has altered my thinking to the extent that vamanos could be telling us that a Sapnish language country was included in AR15. it could also be an instance of misdirection, but I don't think so. I think the meaning of this is that the Philippines was the missing second leg. We'll see no later than October 4.

If the Philippines is indeed a destination, I don't get it why no one blogged or posted about it.  :duno:  (considering the Philippines is loves TAR) No media whatsoever... and something "Spanish" in the Philippines could be the Ilocos Region, which has houses still related to the Spanish Era...

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2009, 08:42:13 AM »

I believe the race started in the U.S.A.
According to Wikipedia Spanish is widely spoken there...
"The U.S. is home to more than 45 million Hispanics, making it the world's second-largest Spanish-speaking community, only after Mexico and ahead of Colombia, Spain, and Argentina."
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2009, 08:45:19 AM »

"The U.S. is home to more than 45 million Hispanics, making it the world's second-largest Spanish-speaking community, only after Mexico and ahead of Colombia, Spain, and Argentina."

good point, but I do think that the "vamanos" thing is a clue.... not pertaining to the United States though.

I can't wait! It's mind boggling! LOL!

@ apskip; I think we can prolly know our destination after September 27 ^_^

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2009, 08:48:11 AM »

good point, but I do think that the "vamanos" thing is a clue.... not pertaining to the United States though.

I can't wait! It's mind boggling! LOL!

@ apskip; I think we can prolly know our destination after September 27 ^_^

i think we might be able to know this mystery location (???) before all those dates if cbs continues to release the destination map prior to the season broadcast..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2009, 11:43:41 AM »
Guys!! :lol3:

Did you watch the video? ???

I think you may all be jumping to conclusions here.

The video clearly says....different languages  Just all mean the same thing!

I think it is a big jump to suggest that having Spanish there means a definitive Spanish speaking country, but hey, have fun!

There is currently no other evidence for the Philippines at all, and as MooYou says, I doubt they could have escaped there unnoticed....every schoolkid seems to have an Amazing Race day...it is wildly popular there.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »

The video clearly says....different languages  Just all mean the same thing!

I think it is a big jump to suggest that having Spanish there means a definitive Spanish speaking country, but hey, have fun!

There is currently no other evidence for the Philippines at all, and as MooYou says, I doubt they could have escaped there unnoticed....every schoolkid seems to have an Amazing Race day...it is wildly popular there.

Very true. Try searching blogs for the term "amazing race" and at least half or two thirds of the hits are from Asian school kids talking about their school's Amazing Race contest.  :ascared

Plaidmoon

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2009, 05:16:35 PM »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2009, 06:40:54 PM »
I saw a photo of Zev and Justin in red! Wowzers it is a split second thing just after Ericka says Miss America 2004!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2009, 06:42:54 PM »
I saw a photo of Zev and Justin in red! Wowzers it is a split second thing just after Ericka says Miss America 2004!
I see it now but its hard to grab .......

Finally! Good Eyes Kiwi  :jumpy: :jumpy:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:49:13 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2009, 06:50:12 PM »
I got it
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2009, 06:51:48 PM »
Its an Easter egg! I wonder if there are anymore?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2009, 08:21:48 PM »
This is Narita Airport arrival area (go figure!)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:25:10 PM by puddin »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2009, 08:23:34 PM »
^ fixed

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2009, 12:58:56 AM »

red visors

blue visors

green visors

:duno:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2009, 03:38:14 AM »

red visors

blue visors

green visors

:duno:

Is there ANY chance this is happening on the next day? I mean, could they have gone somewhere else where they stayed for the night? Or if that is definitely not the case (which seems to be based on the lighting at the blue visors pic - the lighting looks somewhat similar to the Tokyo Tower), maybe there are 11 tourist groups (I love me some Japanese game shows :funny:), all wearing differently-colored visors & we just haven't seen it yet.

Now, I would say that this might be a hint about where a leg after Japan was going since there are no other current Spanish speaking countries outside the Western Hemisphere except Spain, the Balearic and Canary Islands controlled by Spain and Ceuta and Melilla (Spanish city-states on the Moroccan side of the Straits of Gilbraltar that I tend to forget about - and you do too, admit it).

Ceuta & Melilla are on my radar, so yay for me. :funny:

The video clearly says....different languages  Just all mean the same thing!

I think the possibility of the languages meaning something seem SO far off, but just putting it here: if the Philippines does get visited, they either went to Ilocos or Zamboanga, if we're following the "languages mean something" route. Zamboangueños speak Chavacano, a Spanish creole language. And Ilocos has retained some of its Spanish influences. Both the Ilocos & Zamboanga regions have an international airport, meaning they don't have to fly through any of the major Philippine airports. However, I doubt it's the case for this one. They're either going to get noticed (Ilocos), or the area could be too dangerous (Zamboanga).

ETA: Following up on what I said, I checked flightstats for flights to Zamboanga. (I think there's a bigger chance Zamboanga is visited than Ilocos.) There's one arriving at 4:15 pm, 7/21/09. (Details are somewhat fuzzy. :P I'll recheck it later.) Assuming the tasks are do-able at night (think India 1 of TAR 13), they leave Zamboanga in the morning of 7/22/09, leaving enough time for teams to catch flights to Ho Chi Minh. However, this could only work if: a) the Zamboanga tasks are done at night or b) the Zamboanga tasks are done in the morning, teams leave Zamboanga in the evening of 7/22/09 and the Ho Chi Minh tasks are done at night. In short: Possible, but VERY unlikely.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 05:55:04 AM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »
The only thing I can say:

"Vamanos" = SPELLING FAIL!

It should be "vámonos", but that means more like "Let's Go" (implying 'we') than "Go!" if they wanted the equivalent imperative they should have chosen "Vamos", "vayamos" (we) or "Vayan" (pl. you)

In Japanese, it says ikinasai...it's polite imperative, I would've chosen ike! (informal imperative) or ikou! (let's go) for the tone (they're more compatible with the explanation point).

In French, they nailed it with "Allez"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 11:40:10 AM by cdfe88 »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2009, 08:40:55 PM »
Then maybe it's Mirnish? (Which could refer to any country, then?)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2009, 09:06:32 PM »
Neobie,
You put one over on me and maybe a few other RFF members. I had to look up the word Mirnish, which fortunately is explained in depth in these excerpts from a 2004 article from TARFlies Times:

Mirna Hidoyan is fluent in Mirnish, a beautiful language, elegant in its simplicity and fascinating in origin. A creole of English, French, Armenian, Esperanto, and wild improvisation, Mirnish is even rumored to have a distant relationship to Spanish, although such claims are controversial and have yet to be substantiated. Mirnish is widely spoken in many parts of the world - Season One's Kim and Leslie spoke a dialect of it at the Eiffel Tower - and virtually anyone can be fluent in it overnight. Some particularly useful phrases are listed below. Note that Mirnish is an extremely versatile language; several phrases have many different meanings (compare the German Bitte schön or the British Cheers!, each of which is an essentially meaningless phrase that could be said at any time for any reason).

Useful travel expressions:
Yugó? -- Do you go there? ALSO Do you like small European cars?

Stoppo! - Stop!

Ambarco! - Yes, we need a boat! ALSO Whatever you say!

Ayuda, cáridis, por favore. - Help carry this, please. ALSO We don't need anybody. We never do. ALSO We are strong, independent women. ALSO We are the strongest women here.

Amigo. - (General form of address which can mean any of the following) Friend. Compatriot. Poor sucker. Innocent bystander. Stupid buffoon. Partner in miscommunication. Temporary ally.

Morte, morte! - Thanks for helping carry the beef! ALSO Get us a taxi!

Excuüsi. - Excuse me.

Donde es discotec? -- Where the discothèque is? ALSO Would your mother approve of you being a prostitute, Phyllis?

Bot aquí? - Is the boat here? (NOTE THAT "AMBARCO" CHANGES TO "BOT" WHEN IN A QUESTION FORM, OR WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT, REALLY.)

Emerdchensía. - Emergency. ALSO We deserve to be ahead of others. You must comply, for we have the Luck of the Evil.

Posibla bot stopé? - Is it possible to stop the boat? ALSO We deserve to be ahead of others. You must comply, for we have the Luck of the Evil.

Necesito emerdchensía dísbot. - I must get on this boat. ALSO We deserve to be ahead of others. You must comply, for we have the Luck of the Evil.

Fronto! - Please get in front of the next car. ALSO We deserve to be ahead of others. You must comply, for we have the Luck of the Evil.

Pequeño bela! - Small lady coming! ALSO We deserve to be ahead of others. You must comply, for we have the Luck of the Evil.

No posible. - We can't. ALSO It's not possible. ALSO We kinda don't feel like running. ALSO Is it disrespectful to run in a cemetery?

Te amo tango. - I like to tango. ALSO I like orange-flavored drink. ALSO I can do the tango with a gentleman.

Disgósting. - Disgusting. Unsavory. Bad. Unfortunate. NOTE: May be used to express anything that is disfavorable to you. Examples: "El reno es disgósting." (The rain is unfortunate.) "El Bridches de Madison Caunti es disgósting." (The Bridges of Madison County made me cry.)

Ainíd e doctoro. - I need a doctor. ALSO This flight is very important to me. ALSO We deserve to be ahead of others. You must comply, for we have the Luck of the Evil.

Conjugation of the verb "to know":
Note that in questions it should be asked as "Tu se…?" as in "Tu se Disco Shake Mega Disco?" The object must be repeated. Another example might be: "Tu se ambarco Ferry Terminal ambarco?"

In negative questions, the construction is totally different and must be asked, "No cono…?" as in "No cono Disco Shake Mega Disco?" Again, the object must be repeated. Further example: "No cono taxi to Maldonado taxi?"

Some other useful grammatical notes:
The word "necesito" is very flexible, meaning I need, I want, please, I must, I have, I think, I should, thank you, Help me, watermelon, sandals, algebra, closed-captioning, and swordfish.

You may substitude "ainíd" for "necesito."

Now, I ask, where is TARAsiaFan when you need him? Nobody does interpretations of Mirna like him!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2009, 09:19:25 PM »
Te amo tango

This made my day :lol: in Spanish it literally means "I love you, Tango"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2009, 04:04:42 PM »
Awesome! Can't wait! *Goes to watch the promos* :colors
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2009, 07:05:54 PM »

Mika too. Same shorts.