Author Topic: CBS has leaked the official map to Entertainment Weekly.  (Read 9647 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
CBS has leaked the official map to Entertainment Weekly.
« on: September 24, 2009, 09:24:19 PM »
CBS has leaked the official map to Entertainment Weekly.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/09/24/the-amazing-race-15-exclusive-reveal-of-the-route-plus-teases/

• The action begins at the Los Angeles River, and for the first time in show history, a team will be eliminated mere yards from the starting gate. The challenge involves a fence with thousands of license plates—some of them from Japan (which serves as the first destination). “Twenty four people run up and frantically start grabbing license plates, but they’re wrong because as usual they don’t read their clue,” chuckles van Munster. “Eventually a team gets eliminated—they see the cars drive off and it is bye-bye. We told them 100 times, ‘Read your clue. Repeat after me: Read your clue.’ They don’t read the clue. It’s unbelievable. Nothing has changed.”

• Once they get to Tokyo, Racers find themselves on a Japanese game show, and they have to eat a tear-inducing Wasabi bomb. Notes van Munster: “Even the Japanese are horrified by it, which is good. If the Japanese are horrified by another game show, then we’re on the right track.”

• When contestants arrive in Vietnam, they face down a Roadblock involving 2,000 ducks. “You have to show how good you are in guiding these ducks from one end of a soccer field, across a little bridge to the other end, turning them around and bringing them back into the pen,” explains van Munster. “It turns into total duck madness. It’s just hysterical… I’ve tried for eight years to integrate it into the show, and we never succeeded in getting [contestants] to do it. They know it’s too difficult. So I said, ‘Roadblock!’”
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:42:51 PM by puddin »
-- theschnauzers

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:37:30 PM »
thanks theschnauzers, Raymond and peach guessed Cai Be, I guessed the ducks in Vietnam ;)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:39:03 PM »
So...is it a double leg in Prague?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 09:44:23 PM »
I wonder if we'll be shown the text of the clue that the Racers didn't read at the Start.   :neener:
-- theschnauzers

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 09:46:26 PM »
to add:

• In Dubai, competitors will be presented with a chilling Detour: They have to take snow from an indoor ski area and build a snowman outside in the scorching Middle East heat. “The quality of the snow changes instantly the moment you bring it out,” chuckles van Munster. “And the snowman can’t be a little one—it has to be five-, six-foot-high snowman with eyes and a real carrot in his nose.”

• In another first for the show, one of Race’s most infamous Roadblocks is revisited. “It is so crazy and difficult to do, and it was so amazing the last time we did it,” says van Munster. “And it’s just as crazy and amazing this time.”

• Although this Race takes place over a relatively brisk 21 days, van Munster insists that it won’t be any easier. “Very often in the middle of the series, [the contestants] get kind of cozy with each other and there could be a little bit of a lull,” he notes. “In this race, there is no lull. There is pedal-to-the-metal competition. They’re constantly overtaking each other. Every time we stand at the finish line we were blown away who gets eliminated and who stays in.”

• Among the contestants to watch:

-Herbert and Nathaniel from the Harlem Globetrotters. (“Great sense of humor.”)

-Justin and his best friend Zev, who has Asperger’s Syndrome. (“The things Zev says are so right on the money and they come from left field… You’re gonna love that team.”)

-Professional poker players Maria and Tiffany. (“They are incredibly shrewd. They are tough as nails… They’d do anything to win. They blew me away.”)

-Keri and her aggressive lawyer-fiance Lance. (“He’s so combustible. He whacked a piece of wood so hard, he opened his hand.”)

• Van Munster adds that he prefers to feature fresh contestants rather than familiar faces on Race. “I was never fond of ‘All-Stars’ and stuff like that,” he explains. “A cast like this is proof that to have new people is always a good idea, because every time we find new characters, new stories, new energy, new karma, you name it.”

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 09:48:20 PM »
WHeee!!

CAI BE!! I am ecstatic, this is a fabulous location that could have been so much better in TARA.

DUCKS!!! AND 2 legs in PRAGUE!!  :winner

:wtg: puddin!!

Where could we find 2000 animals? How about a Duck farm?

They were in Nam  between the 21st to the 23rd, based on presumed/known pitstop in Japan and KNOWN sightings in Phnom Penh 24-25th.

SInce we have info about the "pitstop" in HCMC on the 23rd...then my guess is first leg Mekong Delta, second leg HCMC city.

And based on all the research we did when TARA 3 was there, I would love to see more floating cities like Cai Be.

And don't forget the ducks.   :snicker:  LOTS of ducks.

Need to check the Timelines to be sure about this...but seems to me we always had a bit of time around Prague...before and after?? ???

Not sure if there is enough time for an extra leg though, but I think the other times are pretty tight.

images

images

images

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 09:53:08 PM »
The ski place in Dubai is exactly where our source spotted them!! :hearts:

Keri and her aggressive lawyer-fiance Lance. (“He’s so combustible. He whacked a piece of wood so hard, he opened his hand.”)

Does this sound like a martial arts challenge?? If so...where better than Japan? Chateau says we may have time that morning for "something else", based on shadow time.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 09:57:10 PM »
At least then have the map heading the right direction over the Pacific this year, :lol:

But NEOBIE's is SO much prettier!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 11:01:06 PM »

Need to check the Timelines to be sure about this...but seems to me we always had a bit of time around Prague...before and after?? ???

Not sure if there is enough time for an extra leg though, but I think the other times are pretty tight.

Peach,
You may not be thinking about a TBC in Prague, but it would fit nicely and minimize the total time there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 11:02:39 PM »
TBC may be perfect there, we just have no proof of TBC yet, and the MAP says Pitstop...but we know they take liberties.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 11:09:24 PM »
• In another first for the show, one of Race’s most infamous Roadblocks is revisited. “It is so crazy and difficult to do, and it was so amazing the last time we did it,” says van Munster. “And it’s just as crazy and amazing this time.”

I'm still stoked about this infamous roadblock thing.. If it is indeed the Haybales in Sweden and BVM saying it yeilded the same effect/result as the former one then it simply mean that we have another Lena incident our hands  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 11:12:51 PM »
I only see that he says it was crazy and amazing.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 11:28:44 PM »
TAR14 Leg 10 was also put on CBS's map as a pitstop and it ended up being the so called double leg or TBC.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:43:29 PM by puddin »

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 03:11:30 AM »
if there's 2 pit stops on Prague, they're could be on the same pit stops where TARA 2 had went when they're on that city in which I don't know where was it?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 06:26:49 AM »
topaz,
Those pit stops were Karlstejn Castle (14 km from Beroun and 50 km west of Prague) and Vrtbovska Gardens is in Prague's Lesser Town below Prague Castle.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 06:28:49 AM »
Yay! I guessed Cai Be right! :jam: But is there a chance there are tasks in HCMC before heading to Cai Be? Because after all, the airport nearest Cai Be is HCMC. Well, unless I'm mistaken. :P
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 10:48:18 AM »
I only see that he says it was crazy and amazing.

Yes but the end result of that haybale roadblock is what made it crazy and amazing

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 02:17:50 PM »
-Keri and her aggressive lawyer-fiance Lance. (“He’s so combustible. He whacked a piece of wood so hard, he opened his hand.”)

I'll take it he ment them when talking about a combustible husband/wife team in TV guide. I guess it would be an easy mistake to make since they married shortly after the race ended. Thank god it wasn't Brian and Ericka he was refering to!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: CBS has leaked the official map to Entertainment Weekly.
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 02:27:57 PM »
Editing TAR is like witch's brew. 

:stirtp:

I can wait to see what happens.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 10:57:49 PM »
TAR14 Leg 10 was also put on CBS's map as a pitstop and it ended up being the so called double leg or TBC.

I can totally see them sneaking in another double-length leg and just telling the racers there will be 12 legs to throw them off. But just note that in Season 14 Phil said "a number of legs" at the starting line. Back at that time we assumed he meant 12 (because that's what the map said), but it was never confirmed. Plus, last season's map didn't have a number 12 at the Finish Line; this season's does. So it really depends on whether we trust Phil and the map, or not.

If I were in charge of planning this season though, I'd move the double-leg to Dubai, rather than make it Leg 10 for the second season in a row, to keep the surprises surprising.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 11:01:01 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 12:41:01 AM »
Wouldn't it be fun if both Dubai and Prague were TBCs? I always preferred them to NELs...

Anyway, I think the NEL/TBCs occur in Dubai Leg 1, Stockholm, Prague Leg 1.

Offline EnduranceRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 09:54:33 AM »

I'll take it he ment them when talking about a combustible husband/wife team in TV guide. I guess it would be an easy mistake to make since they married shortly after the race ended. Thank god it wasn't Brian and Ericka he was refering to!

glad they leaked the map! And I hope your avi comes true!