Author Topic: "Big Tom" ready for big payback  (Read 3859 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"Big Tom" ready for big payback
« on: May 07, 2004, 01:09:30 AM »

"Big Tom" ready for big payback
BY JOE TENNIS
BRISTOL HERALD COURIER
May 7, 12:00 AM EDT 

RICH VALLEY – It’s all over but the big payback.

Thursday night, local cattle farmer "Big Tom" Buchanan lost his bid to win $1 million on the CBS reality series "Survivor: All-Stars" when contestants including "Boston" Rob Mariano voted Buchanan off the show.

But it did not end without a promise.

Buchanan signed off the episode by giving a stern look to Mariano and later telling a camera crew he would find justice as a member of the jury that decides who will be the show’s ultimate "Survivor."

"Tom’s done well," said his sister, Rachel Buchanan, who watched the show from the family home here. "He survived 36 days out there. That’s longer than any of us ever could."

Buchanan’s downfall came because he had trusted in an alliance with Mariano and Mariano’s girlfriend, contestant Amber Brkich, said Buchanan’s father, Raymond Buchanan.

"I’m mad," said 70-year-old said. "I’m mad because both of them turned against Tom."

The elder Buchanan summed up his son’s dilemma with a Big Tom-style quip: "When you play with a skunk, he’ll squirt you."

And Mariano is "a true skunk," Raymond Buchanan said. "He smells bad."

For weeks, the Buchanan clan’s hometown crowd in Rich Valley had booed the sight of Mariano on screen.

Rachel Buchanan figured her younger brother "could have won if Boston Rob hadn’t stabbed him in the back."

But, on Thursday, the buzz on the Internet and in "Survivor" polls had said Buchanan faced getting voted off. And more speculation followed after Buchanan left home on Thursday to fly to New York.

This morning, he is slated to appear in a live segment of CBS-TV’s "The Early Show," which, like "Survivor," airs locally on News Channel 11.

Sunday’s "Survivor" finale starts at 8 p.m. A reunion featuring all of the "All-Star" contestants begins at 10 p.m.

Thursday night, Mariano solved a puzzle – and gained immunity from being voted off.

Preston Buchanan said he was worried his nephew would have trouble with such a challenge.

"He doesn’t do well with puzzles," he said. "And he’s not the greatest speller in the world."

Buchanan, 48, spent a few weeks late last year near Panama to film the reality series. But, by contract, he could not reveal to anyone the outcome of the show or how he fared.

jtennis@bristolnews.com |

http://www.tricities.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=TRI%2FMGArticle%2FTRI_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031775316859&path=/news/localnews&s=

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
Re: "Big Tom" ready for big payback
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 08:47:15 AM »
I am so mad!  >:(  I never saw someone who got voted off look the way Big Tom did..... He was PISSED. I hope there is some kind of twist at the end to help Big Tom get his revenge... I am on his side.... I love him.
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 11:15:02 AM »
I know Wendy..It was ugly..I really felt bad for him..Something tells me that he Will have his revenge  :;>) :;>)

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 12:24:46 PM »
Thanks for the clue!
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

surviordude_JT

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 06:11:30 PM »
Put a knife through Robs back hows that........for revenge  :;>) :;>) :;>)

CindiLou

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 07:06:34 PM »
The biggest revenge Tom can do is to NOT vote for Rob and/or Amber.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 07:51:45 PM »
Right Cindi..our Rob has mentioned that the Big Surprise is that the jury refuses to vote for either of them  :;>) I love this prediction..
ADMIN. Rob ~
now this is my thoughts, and my thoughts only, but I think that the big surprise is that the Jury refuses to give the money to either Rob or Amber, they decide not to vote, and put a knife in their back, like they have to everyone on the Jury. Who knows, just my thoughts! What do I know?

CindiLou

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 08:01:44 PM »
Ooooooohhhhhh, now THAT would be payback!

Theresa

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 08:06:19 PM »
That would be sooooooo funny....