Author Topic: S19: Yasmin Giles, a hairstylist from Sherman Oaks, CA  (Read 4759 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
S19: Yasmin Giles, a hairstylist from Sherman Oaks, CA
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:00:29 AM »
Yasmin Giles, a hairstylist from Sherman Oaks, CA

Yasmin
Biography
Yasmin Giles (33)
Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.

Yasmin Giles is nicknamed “Sassy Yassy” and is ready to show everybody how she got this moniker. An opinionated motor mouth from the Motor City, she always speaks her mind.

Growing up in Detroit, Yasmin claims her life experiences have prepared her for anything that comes her way. She is aware that her know-it-all attitude can rub people the wrong way, but she doesn’t care. “If you’re going to give it to somebody straight, real and raw, then a big mouth doesn’t matter, because they are going to think about what I said and realize Yasmin was right!”

Yasmin believes that once you get past her constant chatter, she is likeable, funny and quick-witted. In addition, working in a beauty salon has helped her learn how to hustle because she is constantly competing with the other employees for new clientele in order to earn a living. While she may look feminine, Yasmin insists she’s a tomboy at heart.

A firm believer in the mantra “winners never quit and quitters never win,” Yasmin claims she’s a winner and she’ll never quit SURVIVOR. “I want to do this and I want to take it all the way.”

Yasmin is single and currently resides in Los Angeles, Calif.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:23:56 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: S19: Yasmin Giles, a hairstylist from Sherman Oaks, CA
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:54:42 PM »
from CBS

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 05:31:12 AM »
Pre-jury boot. Nuff' said.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 09:56:54 AM »
Reminds me of Candace of the previous season.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 06:42:02 PM »
Yes, I agree...But she seems like she may make it far...Just a wild guess.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 12:41:32 PM »
'Survivor''s Yasmin Giles: 'The Hood is not the Woods'

The Galu Tribe lost its first Immunity Challenge on Thursday night's "Survivor: Samoa," and there was major dissension as to whether the castaways should oust Monica Padilla or Yasmin Giles. Tribe leader Russell Swan wanted to eliminate Monica, because she was weak in that night's challenge, but he was outvoted when Galu sent home the outspoken Yasmin, who they felt wasn't helping out enough around camp.

ET: Your strategy was to stay under the radar and do well in challenges. If you had to do it again, would you change that and possibly do more in camp?

Yasmin Giles: Absolutely. I have played that back in my mind a million times. I am, "Okay, if I had been a little quieter, or if I had done more around camp and still been strong in the challenges..." I have come to find out with a game like "Survivor," you are damned if you do, or damned if you don't. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't, but if I had no choice, there are a lot of things I would have changed so I would have stuck around longer. But, I would be lying to you if I didn't say, "When you saw Jeff [Probst] put the torch out, did you see me smile?"

ET: It seemed to me, you really did not enjoy the jungle? Did you discover that you are a city girl?

Yasmin Giles: It was the happiest day in my life when I left. I know people want to hear, "Oh my, God, I gave up that chance." Blah, blah, blah, whatever. The heels set it off first of all. I said, "I am going to take my heels and have a little fun." I was, "What? The jungle!"

ET: Hadn't you watched the show? Why did you audition in the first place?

Yasmin Giles: I don't know if too many people know this, but I was recruited. Then it became a challenge, "I can get on that show." Then I am, "Let me start watching some episodes," because I had seen it from time to time. When you watch TV, you think it is TV. "Survivor" is really surviving. I think that is where I was totally not prepared.

ET: What is it like to watch it back on TV?

Yasmin Giles: The worst time in my life! No, when I watch it back, I am thinking, "Wow!" If I could have taken advantage of all the research I should have done, outside of watching it on TV, or knowing how to camp... I cracked a little joke: "The hood is not the woods." If you pay attention to Jeff's first comment, "I think this girl is used to a softer life," I couldn't be used to that much of a softer life coming from the hood. It was just a cute little saying for TV and people blew it up. It is crazy, but I am kind of sheltered. I have never even had a drink. I don't know what alcohol tastes like. Not even on a special occasion. My mom kept me from a lot of things, and camping was one them.

ET: Even if you like to camp, this is extreme camping.

Yasmin Giles: Thank you for saying that. That makes me feel a little bit better. Again, this is not the first time I have done any reality TV. I got caught up in wanting to hear them say, "Cut," and we go to crafts services.

ET: Shambo seemed to be a misfit from what we are seeing on TV. What was it really like in your camp?

Yasmin Giles: It is funny you would ask about her because if you pay attention to the parallels, me and her were so much alike. As a matter of fact, she was my only ally. She was a misfit, but I understood her, and she understood me. She was outspoken and so was I. When you saw a lot of the girls together, you never saw either me or Shambo. But what I can tell you about my tribe, since I am the first to leave, is my tribe is not consistent. They were all over the place. I can't stress that enough. Go back through the episodes: It was, "I want to vote John [Fincher] off because he didn't swim the correct way and his pants were too tight and we lost the challenge." Then it was, "Shambo lost the fishing gear, so she could go home." Then it was, "Dave is weird. He is irking people. He should go home." See what I am saying, all the back and forth?

ET: What was the hardest part for you?

Yasmin Giles: The hardest part for me outside of the food was the people and the negative energy. Nobody understands, because again, creative editing. If you notice in my words to Shambo, I said, "I don't want the negativity." I was getting that from every which end. I am a grown woman. I am not used to adults shooting looks behind each other's backs. If I have a problem with you, like I had with Ben [Browning], I am going to pull you to the side. I think maybe I got my games mixed up. I should have gone on "Amazing Race."

ET: Who do you see as possibly going all the way from your tribe?

Yasmin Giles: Possibly Shambo. I can see Shambo teaming up with Foa Foa. That is a good fit for her.

"Survivor: Samoa" airs Thursday nights at 8 p.m. on CBS.

http://www.theinsider.com/news/2900629__Survivor_s_Yasmin_Giles_The_Hood_is_not_the_Woods

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 05:25:54 PM »
Yes, I agree...But she seems like she may make it far...Just a wild guess.
Guess she didn't, shouldn't make statements like that...
:groan:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 10:22:48 AM »
Pre-jury boot. Nuff' said.

Survivor b***h never makes it far. Sorry there Yasmin, but you didn't seem too likable.