Author Topic: S19: Mike Borassi, a personal chef from Marina Del Ray, CA  (Read 4455 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
S19: Mike Borassi, a personal chef from Marina Del Ray, CA
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:48:57 AM »
Mike Borassi, a personal chef from Marina Del Ray, CA

Mike
Biography
Mike Borassi (62)
Hometown: Marina del Rey, Calif

This California transplant, originally from New York, will do or say anything to become the next SURVIVOR. After a career as a college football coach at Boston University in the 1970’s and over 30 years in the food industry, he currently works as a personal chef.

Married without children, he enjoys gardening, reading, working out and spending time with friends. He is funny, dependable and quiet, yet, he is never afraid to tell it like it is. He can’t stand bad drivers, republicans or bigots and admits that the easiest way to make him angry is to move around his kitchen equipment.

At 62 years old, he has been preparing for his experience on SURVIVOR by working out with a personal trainer on a daily basis and has lost over 30 pounds in preparation for his chance at the million dollar prize. A true SURVIVOR fan, he has watched every single episode from the very beginning and came close to being part of the cast last season. His strategy includes remaining cooperative and low-key so the “stupid, cocky ones self-destruct.”  Rather than making aggressive moves, he plans to allow his leadership qualities to emerge naturally which may mask the fact that he can, at times, be competitive and almost predatory.

Mike resides in Marina del Rey, Calif. and his birthday is March 13.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:19:49 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: S19: Mike Borassi, a personal chef from Marina Del Ray, CA
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:51:07 PM »
from CBS

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 05:36:27 AM »
Pre-jury boot. Sigh, would be surprised if he even made jury.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 09:12:18 PM »
Exclusive Interview with Mike Borassi from 'Survivor: Samoa'
Friday, September 25, 2009

Last night on Survivor: Samoa, Mike Borassi, the 62-year-old personal chef from Marina del Ray, California, was evacuated from the game. After trying hard to prove himself in the Schmergenbrawl challenge he collapsed twice from the exhaustion and dehydration.  Mike had originally been chosen to compete on Survivor: Tocantins but had been removed hours before the game for medical reasons. Mike has since reported that he was fine an hour later, but not until after he had been removed from the game.

When I talked with Mike earlier today he told me about his culinary training, how his football training prepared him for the Schmergenbrawl, what inspired him to grow a pointy beard, why he really voted off Marisa and whether he would have preferred to compete in Tocantins

more here....
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/exclusive-interview-with-mike-31466.aspx

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 10:23:47 AM »
Pre-jury boot. Sigh, would be surprised if he even made jury.

:D I didn't really like him much either, should have been first boot.