Author Topic: Dancing with the Stars - 9  (Read 46228 times)

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
Re: Dancing with the Stars - 9
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2009, 08:47:05 AM »
Dancing with the Stars

Melissa Gives Mya A Run For Her Money
October 13, 2009

Week 4 on Dancing With The Stars brought out four new routines—the bolero, two-step, lambada and Charleston—three perfect scores, two leaders and one extremely elated former Teenage Witch.

Melissa Joan Hart charmed the crowd with a jumpy Charleston that had audience member Gilles Marini and his plus one, Brothers and Sisters co-star Rachel Griffiths, on their feet. “I’ve gotten lots of perfect scores [in past seasons] but tonight is my proudest 10 I’ve ever gotten,” Hart’s dance partner Mark Balls said after the show. “Going from [a score of] 19 to 28 in a week, it’s unheard of!”

Melissa’s effort, however, couldn’t knock last week’s leader, Mya, from the top of the leader board. With a hot lambada, a.k.a. “the forbidden dance,” that had judge Bruno Tonioli fanning himself, Mya and Dmitry Chaplin also scored a 28, though they once again couldn’t please head judge Len Goodman. “I felt in the lambada I was going to get a little bit more,” he told the couple as the audience’s boos got louder.

Joanna Krupa and a shirtless Derek Hough also fired up the competition with a lambada that the judges said could have pushed the show out of family-friendly territory. “All I can say is I hope that the children were in bed!” said Carrie Ann Inaba. “I bet some of the adults are now,” host Tom Bergeron added.

And though some succeeded, others struggled. Chuck Liddell and Louie Vito fell flat with their country two-steps, Michael Irvin also couldn’t break the 20-point mark and the judges shared some harsh but constructive criticism with Aaron Carter: “You have to chill out. You’re trying too hard,” Carrie Ann told the singer about his over-the-top lambada that had more tricks than technical moves.

One of the night’s most-improved awards? That would go to musical fanatic Kelly Osbourne, who brought Broadway to the dance floor with a 1920s-esque Charleston. Len told her and partner Louis Van Amstel they could have used a bit more swivel, but Bruno assured them it “was a very good performance. You should be happy!”

Full list of couples and their scores:
Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya: 17
Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas: 28
Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo: 24
Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff: 18
Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer: 22
Kelly Osbourne and Louis Van Amstel: 23
Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough: 26
Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson: 24
Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova: 16
Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower: 16
Mya and Dmitry Chaplin: 28
—Eunice Oh

Craig Sjodin/ABC(2)

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/13/melissa-gives-mya-a-run-for-her-money/#more-18441

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2009, 11:45:21 AM »
Monday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See

Dancing Dolls: An audience member in the balcony grabbed the studio’s attention by holding up Donny and Marie Osmond dolls she brought to the taping. The Barbie-sized dolls were, according to the woman, a gift from many years ago. During a commercial break, the warm-up guy took a doll and walked down to have Marie, who was cheering on brother Donny from the front row, sign it.

Center of Attention: He wasn’t even on the dance floor but all eyes were on Gilles Marini as he took a seat in the front row next to Brothers and Sisters star Rachel Griffiths and Mark Dacascos‘ wife and three kids. Female fans squealed once they spotted Marini, a finalist last season. They stood up from their seats and shouted his name as the Sex and the City actor waved. Just a few minutes before the show went live, host Samantha Harris ran over and gave him a hug but she wasn’t the only one — several production crew members also dropped by to say hello.

T-Shirt Trouble: Christian Slater got one last week and Jason Biggs also got lucky — well, sort of — Monday night. Minutes before Karina Smirnoff hit the dance floor for her routine with Aaron Carter, the ballroom pro scanned the crowd to see where she wanted to hand out a T-shirt. Spotting Biggs standing up and trying to get her attention, Smirnoff threw it in his direction, only to have it him in his face.

Family Matters: Sharon Osbourne, along with her daughter’s boyfriend, Luke Worrell, had some of the best seats in the house to cheer on Kelly; Lacey Schwimmer gave her dad a warm hug before the show started; Melissa Joan Hart spotted some family members in the crowd; the Dacascos family gave their dad hugs and kisses before he performed the two-step; and the Osmond clan came out in full force. “I just want you to know tomorrow is Marie’s birthday,” Donny told the crowd, before adding that she was going to turn “29 years old!”

Snack Time: They don’t allow food and drinks inside the ballroom but Makoa Dacasco, the Iron Chef chairman’s oldest son, got his hands on some sweet treats. During a short impromptu Q and A session with the warm-up guy, the sharply dressed 8-year-old told the audience his favorite team was, of course, Mark and Lacey, and explained why his mouth was a bit full while talking: He was enjoying a Butterfinger.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/13/mondays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-30/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »
ABC press release:

SIXTH COUPLE ELIMINATED ON "DANCING WITH THE STARS THE RESULTS SHOW,"  TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13, ON ABC

International Superstar Shakira Performs

"Episode 904A" - After last week's shocking elimination and Tom DeLay's withdrawal due to injury, only 11 teams remain and the sixth couple eliminated from the competition is announced on "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

International Superstar Shakira performs "Did It Again" from her forthcoming album, "She Wolf." Shakira also takes to the "Dancing with the Stars" stage with her hit "Hips Don't Lie" from her second English-language album, "Oral Fixation Volume 2," released in 2006. Shakira has won two Grammy Awards, seven Latin Grammy Awards and has been nominated for a Golden Globe. In addition she is the highest-selling Colombian artist of all time, and the second-most successful female Latin singer, having sold over 50 million albums worldwide.

In a special professional dancer routine, pros Cheryl Burke, Dmitry Chaplin, Alec Mazo, Edyta Sliwinska, Karina Smirnoff and Louis Van Amstel preview and showcase next week's dances, the Argentine Tango and Paso Doble, together in one performance on the "Dancing with the Stars" stage. By evening's end one couple will be eliminated, as determined by a combination of the judges' scores and viewers' votes. Who among the following 11 teams will leave the ballroom floor?

* AARON CARTER (pop star) and partner KARINA SMIRNOFF.

* NATALIE COUGHLIN (Olympic champion swimmer) and partner, Season 1 champion ALEC MAZO.

* MARK DACASCOS ("Iron Chef America" star) and partner LACEY SCHWIMMER.

* MELISSA JOAN HART (actress) and partner, reigning two-time "Dancing with the Stars" champ MARK BALLAS.

* MICHAEL IRVIN (NFL Hall of Famer) and partner, Season 8's Professional Dancer Competition winner ANNA DEMIDOVA.

* JOANNA KRUPA (model) and partner, Season 7 champ DEREK HOUGH.

* CHUCK LIDDELL (Ultimate Fighting Champion) and partner ANNA TREBUNSKAYA.

* MYA (award winning singer) and partner DMITRY CHAPLIN.

* KELLY OSBOURNE (reality star) and partner LOUIS VAN AMSTEL.

* DONNY OSMOND (showbiz legend) and partner KYM JOHNSON.

* LOUIE VITO (professional snowboarder) and partner CHELSIE HIGHTOWER.

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2009, 08:10:23 AM »
Karina Smirnoff and Aaron Carter Brush Off Romance Rumors
October 13, 2009

It happens almost every season on Dancing with the Stars, and this time around it’s partners Karina Smirnoff and Aaron Carter debunking the buzz that they’re getting cozy off the dance floor.

“It’s really funny,” Smirnoff, 31, told PEOPLE after Monday night’s performance. “The rumors are that we are hooking up but then we’re not sexy enough on the dance floor [according to head judge Len Goodman]? Let me tell you, if that was the case, the dance would have been very raunchy, as Len wanted it to be.”

For Carter, 21, the rumors are off the mark from what’s really happening between the two of them: a budding friendship.

“We have a lot of respect for each other and I have a lot of respect for her,” he says. “She’s a lady and I’m going to treat her like that. She just went through a breakup so it’s important to respect her.”

“Honestly the last few months have been beyond difficult,” Smirnoff says about her split with fiancé Maksim Chmerkovskiy. “If Aaron wasn’t by my side, kind of being there, a shoulder to lean on, I don’t think it would’ve been possible to get through it. He reminds me that I do what I love—dancing. And he’s always happy, always smiling, saying, ‘Come on, girl! You can do this!’ I tip my hat off to Aaron for being as strong as he is.”

The singer likewise had kind words for Smirnoff. “She’s incredible,” he says. “She’s dealing with a lot of stuff [but] what’s amazing is that she’s got her head up high and doing an amazing job.
—Eunice Oh

Craig Sjodin/ABC

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2009, 11:29:37 AM »
Ultimate Fighter Chuck Liddell Voted Off DWTS

Ultimate fighter Chuck Liddell and his dance partner Anna Trebunskaya were booted off of Dancing with the Stars after their Texas Two-Step failed to win enough votes to keep them dancing for another week.

“I’ve never been accused of being a good dancer, but I’ve always liked dancing,” says Liddell, who is the designated dancer among friends. “I wish I could’ve stuck around a little longer.”

He may not have been the most skilled dancer of the bunch, but he definitely entertained. In fact, last week, the judges asked for an encore performance of the couple’s samba because it was filled with energy and enthusiasm.

Costar Joanna Krupa says Liddell’s ouster is a reminder that no one is safe. “We were really shocked that Chuck left, so that makes me even more nervous for next week because you just never know.”

Her dance partner, Derek Hough, says he was impressed with Liddell’s footwork and he was continually improving as a dancer. “I saw him do a little bit of quick step last night and he did really good. I’m so bummed that he’s not going to be able to show that to everybody.”

Joining Liddell in the bottom two was early front-runner Aaron Carter and his partner Karina Smirnoff. When his name was announced at the start of the show, the audience gasped. Carter, who wears his often teary emotions on his sleeves, was nowhere to be found after the show.

Snowboarder Louie Vito and his partner Chelsie Hightower, who has spent most of her Tuesday nights on the hot seat, also joined them at the bottom. “The more you care, the more you get nervous about it,” she says.

But Vito joked that he kept his partner’s best interest in mind. “I didn’t want to take Chelsie out of her comfort zone. I know how much she likes being in those last three.”

As the dancers enter their fifth week of competition, they are beginning to bond backstage. Former Dallas Cowboy football player Michael Irvin, who was prepared to leave and then shocked to hear that he was safe from elimination, says it was hard to watch Liddell leave.

“Seeing the way this hurts Chuck, it hurts me that he’s hurt by it,” says Irvin.

Liddell, who is 6’2”, says he’s walking away from the show a little bit taller thanks to his partner Trebunskaya.

“All my friends said, ‘Man, something’s different about you now that you’re dancing,’” he says. “There’s nothing different about my body, it’s just that I’m standing up straight and walking with good posture.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/14/ultimate-fighter-chuck-liddell-voted-off-dwts/#more-18530

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2009, 10:01:39 AM »
'Dancing with the Stars'' Tribute to Michael Jackson

"Dancing with the Stars" will honor Michael Jackson with a dance tribute on next week's results show.

In a special "Macy's Stars of Dance" performance, the hit ABC series' professional dancers will pay tribute in a medley of three of Jackson's hit songs representing different styles and eras of his work.

"Michael Jackson is the reason why I started to dance. I find it hard not to incorporate some element of Michael Jackson into any dance I do. His style and inspiration is forever engraved in my soul," says Derek Hough, who is one of the 16 professional dancers taking part in the tribute.

And Cheryl Burke adds, "Michael Jackson and his music are an inspiration to every dancer. As a performer he was such an innovator that to be able to choreograph part of this tribute to him is an honor."

Also participating in the special dance performance are season nine pro dancers Mark Ballas, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Anna Demidova, Tony Dovolani, Chelsie Hightower, Kym Johnson, Alec Mazo, Jonathan Roberts, Lacey Schwimmer, Edyta Sliwinska, Karina Smirnoff, Anna Trebunskaya and Louis Van Amstel.

"Michael Jackson was my absolute idol and inspiration. It's extremely important for me to do a great job with this routine. I love the song I'm choreographing to and all of us in my portion are having a blast dancing the number," says Chmerkovskiy.

And Ballas comments, "Michael Jackson is the reason I do what a do. He has been a lifelong idol and inspiration of mine. There will never be anyone or anything like him again -- simply the best."

The Michael Jackson tribute airs Tuesday, Oct. 20 at 9 p.m. on ABC. "Dancing with the Stars" airs Mondays and Tuesdays on ABC.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/10/79762/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2009, 12:16:08 PM »
Maksim Chmerkovskiy to Replace Derek Hough on 'Dancing with the Stars'?

Is Maksim Chmerkovskiy headed back to the "Dancing with the Stars" ballroom to replace Derek Hough?

That isn't clear yet -- but Maks will be helping out, according to 'Dancing' pro Derek.

Derek took to his Twitter account Thursday to reveal that he's feeling sick and thinks he has the flu with a temperature of 104 degrees. He also tweeted that fellow pro dancer Maksim, who was already sent home this season with his partner Debi Mazar, may be helping Derek coach his partner Joanna Krupa for the next round of the competition.

Derek tweeted the following messages Thursday:

"Woke up with the serious sweats .. I think I'm getting the flu ... Had a bath now trying to get more sleep ... Bummer .. Tough week."

"My whole body is aching like crazy I can barely stand up ... And I'm coughing like crazy.. This sucks."

"At the docs for 3 hrs today ... Had a temperature of 104 ... Had an IV in my arm for 2hrs ... Maks is steppin up for me helpin Jo."

"Dancing with the Stars" airs next on Monday night at 8 p.m.on ABC.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/10/79818/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2009, 01:49:26 AM »
Week 5 Dancing Score Results:

Maksim filled in for Derek this week because Derek came down with the flu and couldn't continue with the rehearsals. Mark had the flu as well but recovered quicker than Derek.

Natalie/Alec
Paso Doble            7      8     7     22

Aaron/Karina
Argentine Tango     8     8     8     24

Michael/Anna
Paso Doble            7     7     7     21     

Mya/Dmitry
Argentine Tango    9     9     9     27

Mark/Lacey
Paso Doble           9     9     8     26

Donny/Kym
Argentine Tango   10    9    10    29

Louie/Chelsie
Argentine Tango    7     8     7     22

Melissa/Mark
Argentine Tango    8     8     7     23

Kelly/Louis
Paso Doble           8     8     8     24

Joanna/Maksim
Argentine Tango   8     8     8     24

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2009, 02:50:59 AM »
Oh BTW, Tom announced on tonight's show that starting next week will be the back to to back double eliminations. So I guess it means three weeks from now we will be down from 10 to 5!

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2009, 08:09:37 AM »
Dancing with the Stars

Louie Vito Talks About Chemistry with Chelsie Hightower
October 19, 2009
Another Monday, which means another blog about Dancing With The Stars from me.

I wanted to start this week’s blog off by saying THANK YOU to everyone who voted for me last week. It definitely wasn’t my best dance but I worked hard and did it the best I could. It was a hard dance to do because it is a dance that is suppose to showcase the woman and one where the guy leads her around the entire dance. Let me tell you, although it is called a 2-step, it’s a lot harder than it sounds.

Enough of that, let’s move on to this week. I was ready from day one to step it up and make sure this was one of my better dances. The only thing is, I had to learn three dances this week. The Argentine tango, the hustle (group dance) and a knockout dance, which will be used next week if you are in the bottom two. I tried to put most of my effort and focus on the Argentine tango since the hustle is not judged and I felt like I needed to give you, the viewers, a better dance after last week.

The Argentine tango is a good dance for me, I think. It kind of reminds me of the rumba. I just try to think that it is just Chelsie and me on the dance floor and block everything else out. I gotta tell you, it isn’t that hard to just focus on her! There is some more footwork than the rumba, but I think I am going to be able to do it pretty well.

A fun way that helped me get into character for the rumba was creating an alter ego named “Vito Suave.” Well for this week, I created “Vito Loco.” What I never realized with dance was that it requires a lot of acting and getting into character. Most dances tell a story and even the littlest facial expression can make a dance that much better. So hopefully I can make this Argentine Tango tell a story!

Chemistry, Chemistry, Chemistry … I don’t actually have much to say about this. Chelsie and I get along. We are the same age which works for the better…. and for worse sometimes. It is easier to relate and get along with each other, but it also causes some problems because we are the same age. I spend 5-8 hours a day with her EVERY day. That is more time than I have ever spent with EVERY one of my past girlfriends put together, and more time than I spend with family and friends on most days. How do you not get close to each other? I am comfortable around her, and she is teaching me to dance. When we do the romantic dances, I just feel the dance and go with the flow. That is as much as I can give you today. The rest is up to you guys to figure out….. –Louie

Craig Sjodin/ABC

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/19/louie-vito-talks-about-chemistry-with-chelsie-hightower/

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2009, 08:11:48 AM »
Dancing with the Stars

DWTS: Donny ‘Darko’ Osmond Tangos to the Top
October 20, 2009
The top 10 battled it out with two passionate dances — the Argentine tango and paso doble — on Monday’s Dancing with the Stars, but also got their groove on during this season’s first group performance: the disco-friendly hustle.

Donny Osmond danced his way to the top of the leader’s board with an intense Argentine tango that almost earned a perfect 30. “This is a transformation,” Carrie Ann Inaba told him and partner Kym Johnson. Bruno Tonioli proclaimed, “finally [you're] turning into Donny Darko!”

She got the crowd on its feet, but the judges told Mya that she had to work on the emotional aspect of the dance. “You move so well,” Carrie Ann said of her tango, “[but] it was distant without an inner dialogue.” Head judge Len Goodman disagreed. “I never really know what I like until I see it and, I’ve got to say, I liked that,” he said.

Could Mark Dacascos be season 9’s dark horse? The Iron Chef America chairman’s paso doble (along with a flip and a handful of air kicks) surprised all three judges, especially Bruno who simply stated he was “on it! Talk about sharp.”

Model Joanna Krupa was this close to nailing her tango but stumbled briefly after a misstep with Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who filled in for her sick partner Derek Hough. “Getting a new partner is a bit like getting a new pair of shoes,” said Len. “I think you did a great job under the circumstances.” Added Carrie Ann, “You guys matched so well.”

Louie Vito got docked for his pedestrian footwork — “You’re still stepping … you have to dance,” advised Bruno — and while the snowboarder lacked movement, Natalie Coughlin failed to showcase the aggressiveness required in the paso doble. She also hit a flat note when Carrie Ann’s hawk eyes spotted a lift. –Eunice Oh

Full list of couples and their scores:
Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo: 22
Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff: 24
Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova: 21
Mya and Dmitry Chaplin: 27
Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer: 26
Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson: 29
Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower: 22
Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas: 23
Kelly Osbourne and Louis Van Amstel: 24
Joanna Krupa and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 24

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/20/dwts-donny-darko-osmond-tangos-to-the-top/

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2009, 08:17:31 AM »
'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Riding the Crazy Train
The remaining dancers take on a group hustle and Maks makes a surprise return
Comments (55) Add comment Buzz up!More

DRESSED TO THE TENS Donny and Kym were the best outfitted and took home the top scores of the night
Craig Sjodin/ABC
All AboutDancing With the Stars By Annie Barrett Annie Barrett
 Give boys wigs and funny things start to happen. Having the Hustle song in your head seven hours after hearing it loop at least 20 times = not funny, ABC! On week 5 of Dancing With the Stars: Hairstyles by Fellini, the 10 remaining couples danced either the paso doble or the Argentine tango and later dabbled in some minimal Group Hustle action. Not exactly the shame bonanza I'd been hoping for (except for the amazing rainbow graphics introducing the event), the Group Hustle was somewhat disappointing, even though it was technically, as Bruno said, ''sublime and ridiculous at the same time.'' Not such a high distinction, considering it applies to virtually everything else within the entire series. Before we get to the all-important judges' leader board, I'd like to alert you to this fairly hilarious Unfortunate DVR Pause of the Night, a Tom/Sam gem that presented itself in my apartment around 2:30 a.m. It pretty accurately sums up nine seasons' worth of DWTS' patented brand of lovable terror, don't you think? Moving on...

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson: 29 out of possible 30 Two 10s for Mr. Four Nights a Week in Vegas! Only DANCMSTR held out. The Argentine tango suited the increasingly ''dangerous'' Donny Osmond, whom Bruno has newly labeled ''Donnie Darko.'' ''You took me there,'' cooed Marie's brother back at Bruno, while Tom gave his best ''Dear God, not this again'' headshake. Donny seems much less hammier than Marie used to, and I'm surprised to be enjoying his DWTS trajectory as of late. Part of this could be due to Kym's costumes — yet again, I thought they were the best-dressed couple of the night, and Kym's dress was probably one of my favorites ever. Ruffles, sequins, lace and fringe, and all black to boot. Well, all black except for that clear strip of packing tape on Kym's left hip that suggested the entire dress was being held together by merely a few sparkles and a prayer. Is there any better form of attachment? Check your email; the answer is no.

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin: 27/30 I liked Bruno's follow up to Carrie Ann's critique of Mya's Argentine Tango: ''Technique alone can sometimes become distant.'' I think that's the root of why, despite her obvious talent, I'm not completely on board with Mya this season. Maybe if she and Dmitry hammer two more nails into a foundation for Habitat for Humanity next week, I can be persuaded. Maybe Mya's just getting a really harsh edit, but I don't like the condescension involved in her partnership with Dmitry. From the ''Oh wow, great'' when he cheesily handed her a rose, to ''It's hard with the tricks, especially for Dmitry,'' I just don't think that attitude has a place on DWTS. It's a toss-up between Mya's 'tude and Dmitry's long Hustle wig for my Do Not Want award of the night.

Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer: 26/30 This paso doble, on the other hand, was my favorite dance. I was fully committed to Mark starting with the dramatic crotch outline of his initial pose. As Lacey had told us, thus somewhat defeating the purpose of what she was about to say, ''I'm taking a risk and giving Mark a solo. I really need him to stand out.'' The drama didn't end with Mark's crotch — suddenly, Lacey emerged from a cloud of smoke! I think maybe it did something weird to her hair. Mark, or ''Mephisto the Red Devil,'' as deemed by Bruno, held his serious expression even after the final note, and even got to throw a butterfly twist in there. Lacey's choreography was fantastic; I loved her ''fluttering to the floor'' move at the end. She's such a cape!

Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff:24 /30 Sometimes I don't understand why Aaron feels the need to constantly play up his whole ''this boy can become a man'' story line — it's like he's an actor playing this foreign role called ''a male'' on TV. And yet most of the things he does (falling to the ground after dancing with Karina's pro friends) and most of the comments he receives (DANCMSTR: ''You're lost in the wilderness like a little boy who lost his daddy. You've come back to me!'' Ew, by the way) corroborate this stupid manhood plot, so okay, I guess. Aaron and Karina's Argentine tango was extremely effective in its slowness and much better than most of his other routines in that it demanded some never-before-seen subtlety from Aaron. Their final pose was incredible — you think, ''no way can they pull this off in two beats,'' and then Karina's whirling and whirling and all of a sudden BAM she's on the ground. But back to Aaron: ''A little like watching Robert Pattinson tangoing in Twilight, said you-know-who. Carrie Ann loved his performance, too, and even called Aaron up to the table for a little cheek-kiss action. Tom kept saying ''it's makeup time'' while this was going on, and I like to believe he was literally referring to their frosted snack cake faces.

Joanna Krupa and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 24/30 Ooh, I'm loving Joanna with Maks. (Surprise! I like Maks.) Like I said last week, I think Joanna's actually really good when she's in hold and can be sort of swept around. She's tall, but she's what my mom would call ''just a wisp of a thing'' and having a bigger partner in Maks was great for the parts of the tango where the feet are just supposed to lightly sweep the floor. She's good at draping herself over things and being taken over, like a noodle hotly pursued by a fork. I know she messed up with the footwork, but I still enjoyed this more than most of the other dances and thought Joanna's character and general sense of movement were pretty spot-on this week. I'm sorry Derek got the flu, but I was endlessly amused by the scene of him lounging around with only his giant wraparound sofa, strategically placed iPhone, and sad ''Get Well Soon'' balloon to keep him company...and I am overjoyed that his illness paved the way for Dancing With the Stars to make what I believe was its first '4:20' joke ever with this shot of Derek eating ice cream in bed.

Kelly Osbourne and Louis Van Intensity: 24/30 I'm not sure why Kelly was so worried she wouldn't do justice to her father's song ''Crazy Train'' — doesn't she know there's an entire band for that? Bruno's critique of Kelly was spot-on: When she is ''on it,'' she delivers; she just needs to get there and stay there. I'm loving the rapport between Kelly and Louis (they're so comfortable with each other, he even blows his nose into her mouth) and their shared commitment to the heavy metal qualities of slate gray. The extra-voluptuous Kelly had total Sharon hair for the paso, and Louis loves any excuse to wear eye makeup, so that worked out well. Ozzy Osbourne's reaction to Carrie Ann's comment that Louis looked just like him was beyond priceless. On my TV screen it seemed like Ozzy was looking into the camera; not so much in that photo. I guess he's like one of those lions whose eyes follow you across the room but not if you take its picture. We used to have one of those creepy pottery figurines with glass eyes in my house. I know I sound insane right now, but I have a very clear picture of this in my head and it's 4:25 in the morning, and maybe that's enough?

Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas: 23/30 Anna Tre-BUN-skaya (whom Melissa called ''Anya'' but later self-corrected) stopped by for a rehearsal session once Mark's infectious disease became too much for a single surgical mask to handle. In just one day, Melissa learned one of the most important lessons in ballroom culture: ''Boobies up. Try to lift the girls up and keep them there.'' Melissa filled in the blanks for the backwards head toss Anna showed her as well. ''I'll throw my head back — dramatic, like you beat me — but now I'm back,'' Melissa explained to Mark once he was back. Hey, whatever helps you learn the technique. Unfortunately, Tre-BUN's womanly guidance did not hold, and neither did Melissa's wobbly footwork during the Argentine tango. This was extra obvious because Mark had decided to wear bright red spats! He does love his footwear. Difficult choreo can be impressive with the right partner, but Mark might want to scale it back for next week.

Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo: 22/30 Natalie's transformation into Edyta continues! Take Edyta's NFL-themed paso doble from season 6, replace her green satin bikini attachments with Natalie's heinous blue ones, add a horrifying rendition of ''American Woman'' and a sparkly black suit for the man, and you'd have Natalie and Alec's lackluster routine from last night. Nothing really worked with Natalie here — the messy bun, the weird tan shoes...she even looked (gasp!) a bit Denise Richards-y at times. They started out strong, but now Natalie and Alec seem afraid to talk to each other, let alone step on each other's toes. I can't decide which episode involved more dead eyes: the actual dance or the somewhat terrifying scoring process. Zero reaction! It was uncanny. I think Natalie and Alec are both just ultra-serious in their training approaches and could benefit from a goofy third party of some sort in their rehearsal package if they make it to next week's show. I'm disgusting myself a little by referring to the ''rehearsal package'' specifically crafted for television instead of, you know, their actual rehearsal time. It's all the same to us!

Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower: 22/30 Was it just my TV or did it seem like Chelsie and Kym had been awarded the ''honor'' of an extra-tasty-crispy coat of spray tan like five minutes before airtime? I digress. All the chair work in Louie and Chelsie's paso reminded me of my favorite So You Think You Can Dance tango (choreographed by Dmitry, and the reason I started loving Chelsie), her goosebump-y routine with Joshua to ''A Los Amigos''. Louie's routine was a little less complicated than that. Just a little. DANCMSTR kept saying Louie's performance was ''pedestrian,'' by which he meant not that Louie was mediocre (my original assumption) but that he was literally just walking around. When Louie walks, he ''comes out of dancer mode,'' said Carrie Ann. This couple should be around next week, if not for Chelsie's fan base then as a result of the hype ramped up about Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower by Louie himself as he conducted a Hustle rehearsal interview in the third person. Excellent strategy.

Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova: 21/30 I kept wanting Michael and the newly brunette Anna's paso doble to really blast off. I guess it sort of did when he launched into his ''cape work'' and then ended up knelt over her in a passionate embrace, but it was nothing to squirt a nickel out of your ass over, if you know what I am saying! Michael Irvin knows what I am saying. Sadly, Irvin's treasured ass nickel — the Non-Hidden Gem of the Week — is currently nowhere to be found on eBay like Bruno promised. There is, however, this signed photo of Bruno in what appears to be a fancy tiled powder room on sale for an inexplicable $29.99. Michael and Anna did get a pimp spot during the Group Hustle, due to a pretty impressive spread-eagle lift that perfectly portrayed one of the long-standing rhetorical questions of Dancing With the Stars: What good is having a crotch if you don't take time once and a while to remind everyone of its existence?

Who's going home tonight? Perhaps more important: Who had the worst/most outdated hairpiece — Alec, Dmitry, or Samantha? Discuss the week 5 performances and nominate your Hidden Gems of the Week, in the comments!

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20313880_3,00.html#

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2009, 01:43:11 PM »
Monday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See

In Kelly’s Corner: During a commercial break warm-up guy Cory asked an audience member seated in the balcony who her favorite dancer was. “Kelly!” the fan from Sacramento screamed, which prompted proud dad Ozzy Osbourne to applaud and smile. Seconds before dancing to her father’s 1980 song “Crazy Train,” Kelly ran up to kiss Ozzy, who had a front row seat next to his daughter’s boyfriend Luke Worrell and Castle star Nathan Fillion.

Another Injury: By the end of Monday’s show, Kelly had joined the list of stars — Tom DeLay, Mya, Mark Dacascos – who’ve been injured. She slammed her foot into a shoe buckle during the paso doble but didn’t let the pain stop her from performing the group hustle — barefeet! The reality TV star went to the hospital to get her foot checked and will be able to dance next week, according to a show rep.

Battle of the Paddle: When the usually tough-to-please Len Goodman handed out higher scores than Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli, the audience showed their support. After his fellow judges gave Louie Vito a 7 (while he awarded him an 8 ) for his Argentine tango, Len waved his score paddle in the air as the crowd cheered — all while Carrie Ann and Bruno playfully smacked the head judge with their score cards.

Pen Pals: All three judges took a quick timeout to sign a black DWTS T-shirt for a birthday girl celebrating her sweet 16, but Bruno had some trouble writing with the metallic pens. When the ink splattered on his clothes and face, crew members rushed to clean up his suit and Carrie Ann used tissue to wipe his face. “Oh it doesn’t matter,” Tonioli said. “It’s just a little glitter!”

Spare Change: Why did Michael Irvin give Bruno a nickel, the one he had placed in his, um, bottom to get the correct posture for the paso doble? “I told him, this is my appreciation for you, to you guys [the judges] for pushing me,” the former football pro said after the show. “I couldn’t believe it. He took the nickel and put it in his pocket! I would’ve been like, ‘Thank you Michael,’ and just left it on the table. It was the nickel I really did use!”

Buddy’s Hustle: The group’s disco dance at the end of Monday’s show wasn’t just for the pros and the stars — it also got a Schwimmer family member in on the action. Lacey’s dad, Buddy, who was seated in the audience wearing sunglasses and a long blond wig, went unrecognized. “[Before we danced] I was walking up the stairs and I said, what is that person wearing?!” recalled Lacey. “Then the guy waves and I was like, oh my God. It’s Dad. You know when you get older how your parents like to embarrass you? Well that was one of my moments, but it was on live television!”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/20/mondays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-31/#more-18777

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2009, 10:26:54 PM »
Oh BTW, Tom announced on tonight's show that starting next week will be the back to to back double eliminations. So I guess it means three weeks from now we will be down from 10 to 5!

Reality Freak Will,
No doubt that announcmjent was made, but it was a repeat of the same announcment made back on Sept. 22:

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 09:23:22 AM » Quote Modify 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks, Reality Freak Will. I know what it took to write the above recap and appreciate your efforts. I have a few comments on last night's DWTS9 performance round:

Whichever one doesn't get eliminated tomorrow will be eliminated before the double elimination weeks.

So, let me be fearless and predict that Aaron, Donnie and Mark will still be standing after the 3 rounds of double eliminations week 6, 7 and 8. 

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2009, 08:19:37 AM »
Dancing with the Stars

Inside the Dancing with the Stars Flu Outbreak
October 20, 2009
They try to avoid injuries every season, but these days the Dancing with the Stars cast is hoping to protect themselves from the flu bug that’s hit the ballroom.

“I’m living off of [vitamin drink mix] Emergen-C right now,” Lacey Schwimmer said after Monday night’s performance. “And though I love them, I’m also keeping my distance from Derek [Hough] and Mark [Ballas].”

Hough, who got sick and had to drop out of Monday’s performance with model Joanna Krupa, said he’s not 100 percent recovered but is “feeling and doing a lot better. I was in pretty bad shape last week.”

“Wednesday I got home around 1 a.m. after rehearsing and choreographing [the Michael Jackson tribute]. By 3 a.m., I was sicker than a dog,” Hough told PEOPLE, adding that he had a 105-degree fever. “My whole bed was drenched because I sweated so much. I had to sleep in the bathtub. I’ve been sick a thousand times but something was different about this — I literally couldn’t walk or move but I eventually went to the doctor and got some IVs in my arm because I was so dehydrated.”

Krupa also felt ill during the week but with the aid of “some homeopathic stuff from the doctors” her health improved. “It was a little bit of cold but thankfully I didn’t get what Derek got,” she said.

So how is the rest of the group fighting off the flu?

“As soon as I heard about it, I took medicine. I’m a hypochondriac — I hate, hate getting sick. I use hand sanitizer every five seconds,” explained Aaron Carter.

“I’m just trying to sleep as much as I can,” said Mark Dacascos.

When Hough’s pal and dancing pro Mark Ballas got sick at the same time, he made sure to wear a mask during practice with Melissa Joan Hart, while Mya said her solution was just some rest and relaxation.

“It’s all about the massages,” the singer said. “They get rid of a lot of toxins. Taking baths and overloading on water also helps.”

“No flu shots yet,” added partner Dmitry Chaplin, “but definitely a lot of vitamin C!” –Eunice Oh

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2009, 08:20:43 AM »
Dancing with the Stars

Dancing’s Disappointing Departure
October 21, 2009
After performing a paso doble that the judges said lacked aggressiveness, one of their favorites, Natalie Coughlin, and her partner Alec Mazo had to hang up their Dancing shoes on Tuesday’s live results show.

“I’m pretty bummed,” the Olympic champion swimmer said after the show, her eyes red from shedding tears.

She wasn’t the only one who felt that way. Although the judges awarded her just 22 points on Monday — a night when Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson scored 29 and Mya and Dmitry Chaplin earned 27 — the entire panel was regretful seeing Coughlin and pop star Aaron Carter, who scored 24 with Karina Smirnoff, in the bottom two.

“I’m not only surprised. I’m heartbroken,” Len Goodman said. “I do understand with the viewers — they want to support underdogs, but justice must prevail.”

“I’m very disappointed,” said Carrie Ann Inaba. “You’ve always had this incredible ability to mix strength with flexibility as well as fluidity, which is very unique … I hope this is not going to happen.”

Sadly, it did. “You can’t prepare for it,” Coughlin said about exiting the show. “I’ll survive but it’s not life or death.”

Of her DWTS journey, Coughlin said, “I enjoyed the entire process. I enjoyed making good friendships along the way. I enjoyed the training. It’s been wonderful.”

Her partner said he had a similar experience working with her. “We get along really well,” Mazo said. “I made a very good friend and I hope we get to see each other again.”

As for the remaining contestants, it’s getting more difficult to say goodbye to the competition — even as that disco ball trophy gets a little more within reach. “You get so close to everyone,” Kelly Osbourne said after the show. “And after, I thought, ‘It shouldn’t have been Natalie.’ And then I thought, ‘Who should it have been?’ I couldn’t pick anyone on that stage. It’s harder and harder every week.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/21/dancings-disappointing-departure/

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2009, 08:42:45 AM »
Earliest Exit for Olympian on 'Dancing with the Stars'
Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Of course John predicted it right, but I'm sure no saw it coming. Natalie Coughlin became the sixth person eliminated from  Dancing with the Stars (seventh, if you count Tom DeLay), and in the process, her elimination marks the earliest exit for an individual Olympic gold medalist since the show's 2005 debut. Three former Olympians - Speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno, figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi and gymnast Shawn Johnson - won their respective seasons. There were other Olympians who did worse, but they were of the team variety.

What does this mean?

For one, it means Natalie Coughlin - or any celeb on Dancing, for that matter - definitely need to smile more. There is nothing particularly horrible about her dancing skills. She permanently had nice angles, good movements, and sharp turns and such. Technically, her routines were sound. But maybe it became too technical? The paso doble, for instance, is a dance that ideally teemed with emotions and passion and such. Intensity can be Natalie's  middle name (just look at her face), but it's one thing to do it for the dance, and it's another to always be scowling.

Or maybe because the judges, most notably Len, just became paddle-happy with their scoring last night, and with the scores close, Natalie suffered from being the least celebrated among these so-called celebs?

Take note that Natalie's average so far is good enough for fourth place, and just two weeks ago, she peaked at second spot when her rumba scored 26. Only Mya's rumba was better at 27. Throughout her stay, she never went below fourth spot for the night, except this week, when she plummeted to the bottom with Michael Irvin and Louie Vito.

On the other hand, it also means that Michael Irvin has some serious fans voting for him, and voting for him, I can imagine, in awesome proportions. If, after several weeks of taking a beating from the judges' paddle and landing in the bottom of the leader board, Michael still manages to escape the claws of elimination by a mile, just imagine the prospects if his scores inexplicably improved.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-with-the-stars/earliest-exit-for-olympian-on-32055.aspx

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2009, 01:16:10 PM »
Leaving Louie Devito out of it, what is it about Michael Irvin that has gotten the votes to stay in while Natalie Coughlin, clearly both a better dancer and better potential dancer than Michael, is gone?  The only reason I can come up with is pure sexism. I understand that females watch Dancing with the Stars to a greater % than males do. Who would a typical female vote for? It's a no-brainer to identify Michael.  Who between those two would males typically vote for? Unless they are Dallas Cowboy fans (who ought to be no more than 3% of the audience), males could be expected to vote for Natalie. How do YOU explain it?

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »
Leaving Louie Devito out of it, what is it about Michael Irvin that has gotten the votes to stay in while Natalie Coughlin, clearly both a better dancer and better potential dancer than Michael, is gone?  The only reason I can come up with is pure sexism. I understand that females watch Dancing with the Stars to a greater % than males do. Who would a typical female vote for? It's a no-brainer to identify Michael.  Who between those two would males typically vote for? Unless they are Dallas Cowboy fans (who ought to be no more than 3% of the audience), males could be expected to vote for Natalie. How do YOU explain it?

Actually - Monday night was my 1st night to vote since I usually watch after the show or on Tuesday before the results.  I was quite heartbroken about Natalie - since she has been one of my favorites from the start!  Now - I am a true cowboy fan - but, don't believe that Micheal should still be there.  My votes on Monday went to Natalie!!   :'(

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2009, 08:18:28 AM »
Tuesday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See

Thriller Night: The Dancing with the Stars pro dancers performed to a medley of Michael Jackson hits as a tribute to the influential performer on Tuesday’s live results show. Jackson’s family, including matriarch Katherine, as well as a tearful LaToya and Jermaine, watched the tribute from their front row seats. The performers were equally moved. “We gave it a ballroom twist, obviously, but why try to reinvent the wheel? It’s been done, it’s amazing and we’ll just keep it that way,” says Maksim Chmerkovskiy about the performance, which included the popular dance sequence from the King of Pop’s “Thriller” video. According to Derek Hough, the dancers didn’t have a lot of time to rehearse. “There’s a lot of pressure to do something like that. They don’t give us a lot of time,” he says. “They throw us in a room and go, ‘Do this in like two hours.’”

Back In Action: Derek returned to his rightful spot — alongside partner Joanna Krupa — Tuesday night after he was sidelined with the flu and Maksim filled in while he got better. “I’m weak, but I’m fine,” says Hough. Krupa is trying not to get what he had. “It’s not the flu. It’s a cold,” says the model, who was carrying bottled water to keep hydrated. And after a difficult performance on Monday, she’s thankful to have her partner back. “I didn’t want to leave like this. If I leave, I want to leave with him,” she says. Good thing she was safe!

Two to Tango: Kelly Osbourne was still barefoot at Tuesday night’s elimination round after she injured her right foot performing the tango the night before. She was thankful her father, Ozzy Osbourne, was there to take care of her as she was taken to the hospital by ambulance. “When I was in the wheelchair, he was taking me on joy rides up and down the halls,” she says. “He asked the ambulance man if he could drive, and he said no. And my dad said, ‘But I’ve got my license now.’”

One Stage Isn’t Enough: Musical guests normally perform on the main stage in front of the orchestra pit. But not this time! Norah Jones, who sang a new song from her upcoming album Fall, had a stage built on the opposite side. In fact, 97 seats were removed from the audience configuration to accommodate the Grammy award-winning singer.

Teacher’s Pet: Donny Osmond and his partner Kym Johnson were given the honor of dancing the encore performance of their tango, but Osmond couldn’t resist adding a couple of new moves. “I started changing the choreography,” he says. “I stayed in character but kept spinning.” Johnson says she was surprised, but danced along: “I was helpless and in his arms.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/21/tuesdays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-26/#more-18886

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2009, 11:21:54 AM »
ABC press release:

EIGHTH & NINTH COUPLES ELIMINATED ON
"DANCING WITH THE STARS THE RESULTS SHOW,"
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27, ON ABC

Taylor Swift Performs New Single, "Jump, Then Fall," for the First Time

Cuban Superstars Tiempo Libre Perform

First Dance-Off with a Double Elimination Sends Two Couples Home

"Episode 906A" - After a night of Waltz, Jitterbug and the first competition Mambo group routine, the remaining nine couples face their first Dance-Off double elimination as the eighth and ninth couples eliminated from the competition are announced, on "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Taylor Swift, who sold more records in 2008 than any artist in the world, will make a very special appearance on "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show" on Tuesday, October 27, the release date of the Platinum Edition of her "Fearless" album, to premiere a brand-new single, "Jump, Then Fall," as well as perform her worldwide chart-topping hit, "Love Story," accompanied by professional dancers Cheryl Burke, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Tony Dovolani, Jonathan Roberts, Edyta Sliwinska, and Anna Trebunskaya. Taylor, who at 19 is the youngest artist in history to be nominated for the Country Music Association's prestigious "Entertainer of the Year Award," has had singles top both the country and pop radio charts, and has career record sales in excess of 10 million albums, plus 20 million paid song downloads. She holds the Billboard all-genre record for most Top 20 debuts in a calendar year, as well as the Billboard record for the largest overall airplay audience for a country-based act. She is currently nominated for six American Music Awards and four Country Music Association Awards. Recently Taylor announced that her sold out "Fearless Tour" would return to North America for 37 additional dates in 2010.

Cuban superstars Tiempo Libre take to the "Dancing with the Stars" stage performing "Tu Conga Bach" from their new Sony Masterworks album entitled "Bach in Havana." Representing the new sound of Cuban music, the seven members of Tiempo Libre fled Cuba for a life of freedom in the United States. Their joyful, passionate music celebrates their dual musical heritage of Classical and Afro-Cuban music -- and their exuberant performances on disc and on stage have earned them two Grammy nominations, ecstatic reviews, sold out shows and legions of fans around the world. They have enjoyed collaborations with artists including Paquito D'Rivera, Sir James Galway and Joshua Bell. In 2008 Tiempo Libre brought a true Cuban experience to its American hometown of Miami with the interactive musical production entitled Miami Libre, based on the band's collective immigrant experience and told through English and Spanish narrative with sizzling music and explosive dance.

In a "Dancing with the Stars" first, the couple with the lowest combined scores will be eliminated, while the second and third couple with lowest combined scores will face the judges one last time in a Dance-Off to save their spot in the competition. The two couples will perform a short dance routine of their choosing that they have secretly prepared for the Dance-Off, and the judges' scores for the Dance-Off routine will determine their fate.

By evening's end two couples will be eliminated, as determined by a combination of the judges' scores and viewers' votes, along with the rankings from the Dance-Off dance. Who among the following nine teams will leave the ballroom floor?

* AARON CARTER (pop star) and partner KARINA SMIRNOFF.

* MARK DACASCOS ("Iron Chef America" star) and partner LACEY SCHWIMMER.

* MELISSA JOAN HART (actress) and partner, reigning two-time "Dancing with the Stars" champ MARK BALLAS.

* MICHAEL IRVIN (NFL Hall of Famer) and partner, Season 8 Professional Dancer Competition winner ANNA DEMIDOVA.

* JOANNA KRUPA (model) and partner, Season 7 champ DEREK HOUGH..

* MYA (award winning singer) and partner DMITRY CHAPLIN.

* KELLY OSBOURNE (reality star) and partner LOUIS VAN AMSTEL.

* DONNY OSMOND (showbiz legend) and partner KYM JOHNSON.

* LOUIE VITO (professional snowboarder) and partner CHELSIE HIGHTOWER.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=102109_04

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2009, 02:09:16 AM »
Week 6 Dancing Scoreboard

Mya/Dmitry
Jitterbug            8     7     9     24

Melissa/Mark
Waltz                7     7     6     20

Mark/Lacey
Jitterbug            9     9     8     26

Aaron/Karina
Waltz                8     9     8     25

Michael/Anna
Waltz                6     8     6     20

Kelly/Louis
Jitterbug            7     6     7    20

Louie/Chelsie
Jitterbug            7     7     7    21

Joanna/Derek
Waltz                8     9    9     26

Donny/Kym
Jitterbug            8     8    8     24

GROUP MAMBO (judges eliminate the teams one by one and are awarded points with the lowest getting 2 and the highest getting 10)

Michael/Anna     2
Louie/Chelsie     3
Melissa/Mark     4
Kelly/Louis        5
Mark/Lacey       6   
Donny/Kym       7
Aaron/Karina     8
Mya/Dmitry       9
Joanna/Derek    10

TOTAL COMBINED SCORES:

Mya/Dmitry    33
Melissa/Mark  24
Mark/Lacey    32
Aaron/Karina  33
Michael/Anna 22
Kelly/Louis     25
Louie/Chelsie  24
Joanna/Derek 36
Donny/Kym    31

Offline potter

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2009, 05:30:55 AM »
 I like Dancing with the Stars tv show very much. Here is very good pictures of the stars. I have watched its 2 season. 2nd season is very interesting as compare to the 1st season.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2009, 07:25:54 AM »
I like Dancing with the Stars tv show very much. Here is very good pictures of the stars. I have watched its 2 season. 2nd season is very interesting as compare to the 1st season.
potter, this is the 9th season of Dancing with the Stars. It has been about 4 years since DWTS2 and DWTS1.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2009, 12:31:34 AM »
Monday’s Dancing : What You Didn’t See

OOPS!: Louie Vito said the jitterbug has been one of his favorite dances so far. “It’s flipping, kicking, flicking, it’s all about fun,” he says. But one move he wasn’t prepared for was dropping. During a flip, Vito’s dance partner Chelsie Hightower fell to the floor with a thud. Both dancers knew it was happening, but the performance had to go on. “Getting her to her feet was all I cared about,” he says. Hightower added she just wanted to get to the next step as quickly as possible. “It looks really quick, but when you’re in it, it feels like a lifetime.”

MY LEFT FOOT: Just as Kelly Osbourne’s sprained foot was beginning to heal, she dislocated her small left toe. “It actually hurts more than my sprained ankle,” she says, but adds it will heal quickly. She hurt her toe while jumping from a trapeze during while taping a segment that aired before her performance Monday night. The goal was to help her face her fears, which she battles each week before she performs. “Climbing a 35-foot ladder and jumping off and hoping that the net will catch you — I’m not into that. That’s my brother’s world,” she says. “It’s the first time I felt proper fear. Like, oh my God, I’m going to die fear.”

CAN’T QUIT DANCING: For the first time in DWTS history, the dancers particiapted in a Mambo Marathon. One by one, dancers were asked to leave the dancefloor, but Donny Osmond wasn’t ready. “I didn’t want to get off the floor,” says Osmond. “Leave with a bang!” And so he turned to Derek Hough and began dancing with him. “He started dancing and I thought, ‘Ok, I’ll go with it,’” Hough joked.

MAMBO HAIR: Joanna Krupa may have won the mambo contest, but her hair definitely lost. When she approached the judge’s table, her dance partner Derek Hough was seen trying to smooth out her ponytail, which looked like it had just passed through a wind tunnel. But Hough’s styling technique wasn’t enough; the show’s hair stylist quickly ran out to the dance floor with a comb. “Her hair was everywhere!” Hough said.

RAISE YOUR HAND: It has been well documented that judge Len Goodman is hard to please. Usually, he’s the one giving the lowest score among the three judges. But Monday night was different. Goodman repeatedly raised his paddle, often with an 8 or 9, handing out the highest score of the night. He did it for Michael Irvin and Aaron Carter, garnering loud approval from the audience.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/27/mondays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-32/#more-19273