Author Topic: Dancing with the Stars - 9  (Read 46226 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: Dancing with the Stars - 9
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2009, 03:01:00 AM »
I am totally pulling for Aaron/Karina and Mya/Dmitry for the FINAL TWO! And for
Aaron to totally win! I totally cried at his performance tonight and was screaming for 8's and he got 9's which was even better!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2009, 01:43:33 PM »
Monday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See

Backstage Drama? It was clear from the rehearsal footage on Monday’s Dancing with the Stars that pros Maksim Chmerkovskiy and his former fiancée Karina Smirnoff are bonding with their star partners Debi Mazar and Aaron Carter. And both pros say that they’re focusing on those bonds to get through the awkwardness of working with an ex. Amidst speculation of an attraction brewing between Karina and Aaron (which he denied earlier in the day), Maks wouldn’t comment except to say, “I just feel betrayed.” Luckily, he’s got a tough woman helping him through. “He’s going through a very rough period in his life,” Debi explained. “I’m giving him a lot of support and positive energy.” For her part, Karina is focusing on herself and winning. “Aaron and the show are the only things I’m concentrating on, and I think he’s doing the same thing with Debi.” No one is expecting reconciliation any time soon. “We’re both trying to figure out our lives, and work on ourselves,” she says. “At this moment, we’re happy to be where we are.”

Managing Expectations: After a smash hit performance in her opening week, Kelly Osbourne disappointed herself with a few missteps her tango Monday night. The one thing she was relieved about? “I’m glad my dad wasn’t here,” she says. “I really would have lost it!” The reality star, who still had a smile on her face when she greeted fiancé Luke Worrall and mother Sharon after the show wrapped, says she had a perfect performance in the dress rehearsal. “It was great,” she says. “Then I got out here and I was like, ‘I did so well last week, I’ll never be as good as that.’ I let the pressure go to my head. But I’m glad it happened, you need something like this.”

Donny’s Close Call: In Dancing’s second week, Debi Mazar is nursing a neck with torn muscles, Tom DeLay is struggling to keep balance on a foot with a pre-stress fracture and Donny Osmond came thisclose to being sidelined before his performance Monday night. “I had to have a chiropractor work on me before the show,” he says. “I fell on my hip and twisted my lower back.” Donny was able to pull it together, though, thanks to dance partner Kym Johnson. “She’s a tough teacher, and she demands a good performance,” he says. “I try to give it to her. I’m chiropracticing!”

Melissa’s Tiny Dancers: Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas were disappointed that their jive didn’t get better scores from the judges despite vast improvements over her waltz last week, but the actress says she’s getting plenty of support from her family. Her husband Mark Wilkerson, who breathed a sigh of relief in the front row after she finished her routine, “is so excited, but he says he’s going to punch the judges!,”she says. “It’s hard for him to take the criticism.” Her 3-year-old Mason is also getting into the show. “My husband made me a video of him dancing with his friend. They danced the waltz like we did. “It was so cute!” Check out Melissa’s tiny dancers on her Web site.

Shrinking Waistlines: Mark Dacascos blames a shrinking waistline for slipping up during his quick step misstep Monday night. “We’re dancing so much, and I’m losing weight,” he says. “I’m usually between 153 and 156 lbs., and right now I’m at 148. It feels good, but I have to make sure my pants still fit me!” Debi Mazar said she’s also watching the pounds fly off her midsection, having already gone from a size 4 to a size 2 much to her displeasure. “I’m starting to lose a size in my clothes. I like to have a juicy butt, and I eat a lot, but my metabolism is starting to go through the roof. I can’t go to a zero,” she says. Her defense mechanism? “I’m eating lots of chocolate ice cream!”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/29/mondays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-28/#more-17751

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2009, 01:13:48 PM »
Busy day at work yesterday....didn't get to post or read any of this!    :lol:

Dancing with the Stars

Louie Vito’s DWTS Blog: ‘My Hair Is Me’
September 28, 2009
Another Monday, which means another blog about Dancing With The Stars from me.

One week down, another to go, and boy, am I thankful to live to dance another week. Going into the first show I had no idea what to expect. I can deal with pressure and nerves. In fact, I LOVE pressure, but this was on a whole other level. The rehearsal went super well. I felt like I danced better than ever. Going into the first dance, I was ready to go. I am my toughest critic. I did my dance successfully and thought I did pretty well. I started to get on myself about my two mini slip-ups during the dance. Chelsie just told me to get over it and kill the salsa. So with the salsa, I just tried to turn it up a notch and get it going. Overall with both dances I was stoked. I didn’t forget any steps. I was a little nervous I would keep a game face on, but I smiled the whole time. Most importantly, Chelsie was happy.

Everyone keeps asking me my thoughts on the judges and their comments. I am from the snowboarding world. We aren’t afraid to voice our opinions on ANYTHING. I have grown up around snowboarding and have been traveling since I was little with different sponsors. I have almost always been the smallest and youngest, which has made me the little brother to a lot of snowboarders that I look up to and travel with. You think calling me a name or making fun of my hair is going to bother me?! No way. My hair is me. I am not going to cut my hair and then have to wait for it to grow back. Plus, I look pretty funny with short hair. I obviously try to dance well to please the judges, but I really am just aiming to please everyone watching. I try to do as best as I can, as well as make the dance fun and cool to everyone. So if the judges hate on something, I won’t be happy, but as long as I get good feedback from the viewers, then I did what I wanted to do.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not the most patient and I am always on the move. So on Wednesday, my anxiety kicked back in because I just wanted to know, AM I GOING TO STAY OR GO?!?! I always hope for the best and prepare for the worst, so I had a feeling either way I would be down to the last three. Although, when they called my name first, it was like a giant weight lifted off of me. I was happy people liked everything and wanted me around for another week.

Now on to this new dance. The jive is a dance I learned about the Friday before the first show. I had no idea what it was all about. As soon as I found out I was moving on, I knew the rest of the week would be a long one. I started practice Thursday. On top of that it has to be ready by Monday. Talk about learning something fast. Chelsie worked with me and got me ready for tonight. I feel pretty confident going into the show and I am ready to show everyone what I have learned. Like I said earlier, Chelsie and I tried to put this dance together that was all Jive but we still managed to put our own style in it as well. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as we do performing it.

I also wanted to thank everyone who voted for me. Without you all texting, calling, emailing and telling your friends, my dance career would have already been over by now. Thanks again to all of YOU!!! –Louie Vito

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/28/louie-vitos-dwts-blog-my-hair-is-me/#more-17700

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2009, 01:14:32 PM »
Aaron Carter Predicts ‘I’m Going to Win’ DWTS
September 28, 2009
Aaron Carter is quite confident about his chances of winning Dancing with the Stars.

“There are no if’s, and’s or but’s or possibilities or chances,” he said during an interview Monday on 104.3 MY FM’s Valentine in the Morning. “I’m going to win Dancing with the Stars.”

With only the first week of competition down, the pop singer predicts he’ll be in the finale with Donny Osmond and Joanna Krupa, who both also performed well last week.

For Monday night’s performance, Carter will dance a quickstep with his pro partner Karina Smirnoff, who he says he is not dating. “She’s beautiful, but I’ve got to keep it professional,” he said while calling into the radio show.

The show’s hosts reminded Carter of Karina’s past relationships that started in the ballroom with Mario Lopez and her former fiancé Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

“Honestly, why would I want to be in that category?” Carter said. “I’m sorry, but I’m not that guy. I don’t got that kind of time.”

As for injuries, Carter only admits, “My knees hurt but that’s about it.” And he’s got the perfect remedy for the pain: “I take Epsom salt baths,” he said.

http://tvwatch.people.com/category/dancing-with-the-stars/

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2009, 01:15:25 PM »
Dancing with the Stars

Mya & Aaron Carter Lead on Dancing with the Stars
September 29, 2009
Moulin Rouge director Baz Luhrmann joined Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli in Len Goodman’s place on the Dancing with the Stars panel for Monday’s show, as the men and women danced together for the first time, performing either the quick step, the tango or the jive. There were highs (like Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy’s dramatic tango comeback) and lows (what the heck was Joanna Krupa wearing in her hair?), but we’ll start with the bad news first.

Tony Dovolani seemed to be doing everything possible to help his partner Kathy Ireland loosen up and enjoy performing, but their quick step was another disappointment. “You’re so reserved,” Carrie Ann told her of the stiff performance. “You’re beautiful to look at but you have to be engaging,” Bruno said. The judges awarded them six points each for a total of 18, one of the lowest of the night.

Tom DeLay and Cheryl Burke took on the tango and also earned just 18 points from the judges — even though the panel had plenty of positive comments for what Carrie Ann called an “oddly well-matched couple.” “I thought you had dignity and grace,” Baz said, while Bruno called the former Congressman, “distinguished” and “determined.”

Finally, after wowing the judges in an emotional performance last week, the pressure of the follow-up must have gotten to Kelly Osbourne, who danced a tango with her partner Louis van Amstel, but made some clear mistakes that ruffled her feathers during the dance. “You’re building this wonderful technique,” Carrie Ann said, but “you have to stay in character.” “When you got it right, I was looking at Eva Peron,” Bruno said. “You could be amazing but too many mistakes.” The couple got just 19 points.

And now for the good news: Bruno could barely contain himself following a confident Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff’s Muppets-themed quick step. “Spectacular, spectacular!” he shouted. “A mini Fred Astaire you are.” Carrie Ann said the performance was “truly a pleasure” and complimented their “great pizzazz.” Baz thought they were “clever and inventive,” and they were awarded accordingly with a whopping 27 points.

But they weren’t the only ones. Mya and Dmitri Chaplin danced an outstanding and energetic jive that also earned straight 9’s from the judges. “That is the real deal,” Baz said of the performance. Bruno, once again, was handing out titles to the singer and her pro partner. “Mya the magnificent!” he yelled. “Like Josephine Baker and Clark Kent.” –Aaron Parsley

Here’s a full list of the scores:
Joanna Krupa’s jive: 20
Natalie Coughlin’s quick step: 21
Chuck Liddell’s tango: 19
Melissa Joan Hart’s jive: 19
Michael Irvin’s quick step: 20
Debi Mazar’s tango: 21
Louie Vito’s jive: 19
Aaron Carter’s quick step: 27
Kelly Osbourne’s tango: 19
Kathy Ireland’s quick step: 18
Mark Dacascos’s quick step: 21
Mya’s jive: 27
Tom DeLay’s tango: 18
Donny Osmond’s jive: 25

Tell us: Who was your favorite of the night? Did you vote? Who deserves to go home on Tuesday’s elimination show?

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/29/mya-aaron-carter-lead-on-dancing-with-the-stars/#more-17730

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »
Dancing with the Stars

Kathy Ireland Leaves Dancing with the Stars
September 30, 2009
For Kathy Ireland, the good news is that she broke the longtime Dancing with the Stars curse against models by managing to escape the first two eliminations. The bad news, however, is that she and partner Tony Dovolani were deemed the third couple to be eliminated from season 9 Tuesday night.

“I wouldn’t change a minute of it,” Ireland, 46, told PEOPLE minutes after the show. “To be able to work with Tony the past six weeks has changed my life forever. I can do so many things I never thought I could do. I feel like the biggest winner because I got him as my teacher.”

The former Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover girl, who now heads Kathy Ireland Worldwide, a billion dollar brand marketing company, warmly embraced her partner when the announcement was made. On Monday night, the pair danced a quick step that earned them just 18 points and complaints from the judges that Ireland wasn’t engaging and too reserved.

“I was not ready to go because I was having so much fun,” Dovolani said backstage. “I always walked into practice with a smile on my face because I knew she was ready to work. I’ve grown to love her family and she happens to really like mine, too. I’ve gained such an incredible friend.”

And Dovolani wasn’t alone. Even though it was only the show’s second week, the impact of Ireland’s departure will be felt in the ballroom, according to pro Cheryl Burke.

“She has such a positive energy. She always has a smile on her face,” Burke told PEOPLE. “She’s so positive and you always want to be around that.”

Burke’s partner, former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay says the news of Ireland’s departure not what he expected. “She’s a very elegant, very charming young lady,” he said. “I was prepared to go. We all knew coming into this that somebody has to leave every week and we’ll miss her.” –Monica Rizzo

Tell us: Did the right person go home? Will you miss Kathy and Tony? What did you think of the show?

Craig Sjodin/ABC

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/30/kathy-ireland-leaves-dancing-with-the-stars/#more-17826

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2009, 01:17:25 PM »
Dancing with the Stars

Tuesday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See
September 30, 2009
Nerves of Mush: The pro dancers have been through elimination rounds before and know how to handle them. But for the celebrities, the suspense of Tuesday night was almost too much. “It was a little more drama that I sort of didn’t anticipate,” said Debi Mazar, who was in the bottom two with the night’s eliminated contestant, Kathy Ireland. “I was sort of confident, like, ‘Oh yeah, my fans will vote and my score wasn’t so bad.’ So it did raise some emotion in me.” Louie Vito, who landed in the bottom three, admitted he was stressing out. “I didn’t like it at all,” the snowboarder said. “That would be the worst thing if they say you’re name and everyone looks at you and ugh, you suck.” As pro Alec Mazo said, “You never know with this competition. Someone dances well and people think ‘Oh, they’ll be fine.’ But it just goes to show you that fans need to vote for their favorite person.”

Injury Update: Mazar, who strained a muscle in her neck last week, told PEOPLE she’s “doing really well” and is regaining movement. “I’m just grateful I’m here to work harder for another week and learn another dance.” Tom DeLay, whose foot suffered a pre-stress fracture before the season premiere, admitted he was “in a lot of pain” while performing the tango with partner Cheryl Burke Monday night. “I just hit [my foot] wrong and it just sent pain up me,” he said. “But it’s going to be alright.” Pro Lacey Schwimmer is ailing from strained muscles in her hip flexor, her groin and her hip abductor. “Basically anything in my hip area is not good right now,” she said. “I’m on medication to help me heal faster and I’m getting physical therapy for an hour each day … It’s very painful but … I’m a tough chick and the show must go on.”

No Rest for the Weary: Minutes after Tuesday’s show, pro dancers Alec Mazo, Chelsie Hightower, Anna Trebunskaya and Maksim Chmerkovskiy were prepping their partner’s for next week. In past seasons, results show night was usually the time when people grabbed a long dinner with friends or family and relaxed. Not any more, Chmerkovskiy said. “We have to get a good hour in tonight.” Same thing for Trebunskaya, who said, “We’re going to start learning our next dance, the samba, and it’s going to be happy and smiley and flamboyant and basically we’re going to have to work a lot.” While Hightower was working out their next dance, the rumba, in her head, her partner Vito said his evening plans were much simpler. “I’m going to get something to eat, refuel, watch a bunch of YouTube videos,” he said. “Tomorrow I’ll learn the rumba!”

Team Spirit: Oscar-nominated actor Mickey Rourke strolled into the ballroom Tuesday night. Seated in the front row, Rourke was there to cheer on pal Chuck Liddell. “He’s a friend of mine,” Liddell said. “I hope he had a good time here. I think he’s going to try to make it back in one of these times to see me dance.” The other big excitement in the ballroom happened before the show began. As he often does, warm-up entertainer Corey Almeida invited audience members to do some dancing of their own on the ballroom floor. Nearly 100 people jumped at the opportunity. When The Village People’s “Y.M.C.A.” came on, Michael Irvin, Tony Dovolani, Schwimmer and Chmerkovskiy helped him lead the masses. Now that’s team spirit! –Monica Rizzo

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/30/tuesdays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-24/#more-17881

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2009, 01:43:46 PM »

Nerves of Mush: The pro dancers have been through elimination rounds before and know how to handle them. But for the celebrities, the suspense of Tuesday night was almost too much. “It was a little more drama that I sort of didn’t anticipate,” said Debi Mazar, who was in the bottom two with the night’s eliminated contestant, Kathy Ireland. “I was sort of confident, like, ‘Oh yeah, my fans will vote and my score wasn’t so bad.’ So it did raise some emotion in me.” Louie Vito, who landed in the bottom three, admitted he was stressing out. “I didn’t like it at all,” the snowboarder said. “That would be the worst thing if they say you’re name and everyone looks at you and ugh, you suck.” As pro Alec Mazo said, “You never know with this competition. Someone dances well and people think ‘Oh, they’ll be fine.’ But it just goes to show you that fans need to vote for their favorite person.”

Injury Update: Mazar, who strained a muscle in her neck last week, told PEOPLE she’s “doing really well” and is regaining movement. “I’m just grateful I’m here to work harder for another week and learn another dance.” Tom DeLay, whose foot suffered a pre-stress fracture before the season premiere, admitted he was “in a lot of pain” while performing the tango with partner Cheryl Burke Monday night. “I just hit [my foot] wrong and it just sent pain up me,” he said. “But it’s going to be alright.” Pro Lacey Schwimmer is ailing from strained muscles in her hip flexor, her groin and her hip abductor. “Basically anything in my hip area is not good right now,” she said. “I’m on medication to help me heal faster and I’m getting physical therapy for an hour each day … It’s very painful but … I’m a tough chick and the show must go on.”

No Rest for the Weary: Minutes after Tuesday’s show, pro dancers Alec Mazo, Chelsie Hightower, Anna Trebunskaya and Maksim Chmerkovskiy were prepping their partner’s for next week. In past seasons, results show night was usually the time when people grabbed a long dinner with friends or family and relaxed. Not any more, Chmerkovskiy said. “We have to get a good hour in tonight.” Same thing for Trebunskaya, who said, “We’re going to start learning our next dance, the samba, and it’s going to be happy and smiley and flamboyant and basically we’re going to have to work a lot.” While Hightower was working out their next dance, the rumba, in her head, her partner Vito said his evening plans were much simpler. “I’m going to get something to eat, refuel, watch a bunch of YouTube videos,” he said. “Tomorrow I’ll learn the rumba!”

Team Spirit: Oscar-nominated actor Mickey Rourke strolled into the ballroom Tuesday night. Seated in the front row, Rourke was there to cheer on pal Chuck Liddell. “He’s a friend of mine,” Liddell said. “I hope he had a good time here. I think he’s going to try to make it back in one of these times to see me dance.” The other big excitement in the ballroom happened before the show began. As he often does, warm-up entertainer Corey Almeida invited audience members to do some dancing of their own on the ballroom floor. Nearly 100 people jumped at the opportunity. When The Village People’s “Y.M.C.A.” came on, Michael Irvin, Tony Dovolani, Schwimmer and Chmerkovskiy helped him lead the masses. Now that’s team spirit!

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/30/tuesdays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-24/#more-17881

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2009, 02:06:17 AM »
Week 3 Scoring Results:

Mark/Lacey
Rumba                  6         6        6        18

Joanna/Derek
Samba                 7         8        8         23

Mya/Dmitry
Rumba                10        7       10        27             

Melissa/Mark
Samba                6         6        7         19

Louie/Chelsie
Rumba                8         5        7         20       

Debi/Maksim
Samba               6        5        6          17

Donny/Kym
Rumba              7        7         7          21

Michael/Anna
Samba             5        4         5          14

Natalie/Alec
Rumba              9       8        9          26

Chuck/Anna
Samba              6       5       6           17

Aaron/Karina
Rumba              8       6      7            21

Tom/Cheryl
Samba             6       4      5            15           

Kelly/Louis
Rumba             7      6       7            20

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2009, 09:37:37 AM »
He is just too cute -

Louie Vito’s DWTS Blog: I’m Having Trouble Moving My Hips

October 5, 2009

Another Monday, another blog from me: Let’s start this one off with my thoughts and feelings on last week’s jive. The jive to me has been my favorite one so far. It’s upbeat, fast and fun. I couldn’t have been happier with the way I performed the jive even if I didn’t get the scores I was hoping for. It’s all good to me because we got good feedback from the viewers. I feel like my hard work paid off and showed, and, most importantly, I am here for another week.

Personally, I listen to the judges. It doesn’t bother me how harsh their comments are because I try to take what they say and put it toward my next week’s dance. I, for one though, try to do things I think the viewers and people like whether it is a flip or some sort of style. I want my dances to be fun to watch. Luckily for me, Chelsie is good at choreographing routines and knows what moves can accent my strengths.

As the weeks continue, the practices get more intense. This week I have to perform the rumba — the sexy, romantic dance. I mean, let’s be honest here, with a partner like Chelsie we all know this shouldn’t be a problem. Yet, I am having a problem with the hip movement that is needed for this dance. Working on this hip movement is what I have been focusing on for most of this week’s practices.

As I said in my previous blogs, we have less than a week to learn these dances. That means practicing, literally, all day. I practiced from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. just to drill this dance in my head and make sure I am ready to go. The main thing with hip movement is I have to be confident that I can do it. Chelsie has taught me how to do it. Doing the motion is only part of it — the other part is having the confidence that you can do it and selling it to the crowd. That is what caused me the most trouble. I mean, I’ll be honest, in the beginning, in my mind I felt like I was sexy and hot doing the dance. In reality, when I watched the video, I wasn’t. Finally, after lots of practice and video review I feel I can do everything. I just need to do it and do it with confidence.

This week, my goal is just to go out there with belief in my dancing. Even if I am so far off and mess everything up, I want to go out there and handle this dance. The rumba is about male dominance and that’s what I want to do — move my hips and romance Chelsie on the dance floor. If I do that, all my work and goals are accomplished!! –Louie Vito

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/05/louie-vitos-dwts-blog-im-having-trouble-moving-my-hips/#more-18047

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2009, 09:39:10 AM »
Mya & Dmitri Score Season’s First 10s on DWTS
October 6, 2009
Thirteen couples heated up the ballroom (or tried to) on Monday night’s Dancing with the Stars, performing sexy Latin dances, the samba and the rumba, in the ballroom.

Mya and Dmitri Chaplin’s rumba was the night’s scorching highlight. “I had chills,” said Carrie Ann Inaba, who gave the couple the first 10 of the season. Bruno Tonioli also gave them a 10, but Len Goodman, who was back on the panel and as hard to please as ever, gave them just seven points. “There was too much going on,” he said.

Natalie Coughlin kicked off a sexy rumba with a moody start that had the audience cheering for more. Her long legs and technical form pleased the all the judges, but Bruno said her performance was out of this world. “I knew you could fly, but that was stratospheric!” he said.

At the start of the Joanna Krupa’s fun-loving samba, her partner Derek Hough swung into his performance with a rope. It was just the beginning for the use of props throughout the night, but his entrance was a sign for the couple’s approach to dancing. “You are fearless,” Carrie Ann told the couple, who rounded out an all-female top three.

Aaron Carter, who has a reason to be confident this season, was challenged Monday night when he performed the rumba with Karina Smirnoff. Although he still made dancing look easy, Bruno said there was too much hip-hop in his moves. They earned a respectable 21 points for their effort.

The following couples also broke the 20-point mark: Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson; Kelly Osbourne and Louis Van Amstel; and Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower, whose chemistry impressed the judges.

Michael Irvin landed on the opposite end of the scale after performing a samba that sank. Len gave him an embarassing 4, but it was Carrie Ann who gave him good advice. “You’re a big man dancing in a small space,” she said. “You need to open up.”

Another low score went to Tom DeLay, who suffered stress fractures in both his feet. Despite his doctor’s recommendation to drop out of the competition, the former Congressman came out swinging for his politically-themed samba with Cheryl Burke. “What’s a little pain when we you can party,” he said after the performance. Despite being “a super trooper,” according to Bruno, he got just 15 points (including another four from Len).

Full list of couples and their scores:
Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer: 18
Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough: 23
Mya and Dmitri Chaplin:27
Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas: 19
Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower: 20
Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 17
Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson: 21
Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova: 14
Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo: 26
Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya: 17
Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff: 21
Tom DeLay and Cheryl Burke: 15
Kelly Osbourne and Louis Van Amstel: 20

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/06/mya-dmitri-score-seasons-first-10s-on-dwts/#more-18056

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2009, 09:44:02 AM »
What were Carrie & Bruno thinking...giving Mya a 10??  For some reason I just don't like her performances (not to mention who the heck is she???)  I just love Natalie and Louie!!   Why isn't Anna challenging Michael more - it seems she is holding back on choreography?    Lacey seems to not like having a "rebel" to teach....  just a few thoughts on the night.  What do others think? :waves:

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2009, 09:48:57 AM »
Another review from last night....

'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Latin Swing
The samba and rumba took center stage on Latin night, but not everyone could get into the groove
Comments (97) Add comment Buzz up!More

SOFT TOUCH Chuck got in touch with his feminine side with a pedicure but couldn't quite get in touch with his feet during the samba
Craig Sjodin/ABC
All AboutDancing With the Stars By Annie Barrett Annie Barrett
 I suppose the only way to follow last week's Bizarro World installment of Dancing With the Stars was with an unfathomably awkward performance night only a true fan could appreciate. And isn't that why we're all here? Welcome back, DANCMSTRs one and all. Last night, Donny Osmond accepted Bruno Tonioli's invitation to turn himself over to ''the dark side,'' by running up to the judges' table and planting multiple over-the-top smooches on the beaming wedge of imported Italian formaggio. Donny complained/rejoiced: ''I don't think they're going to let me back into Utah anymore!'' Really? For double-dipping a flamboyant Rowdy With a Chance of Meatballs muppet on national TV? Try harder, Donny.

In an effort to add to the red alert of discomfort, special guest Paula Abdul told Tom Bergeron she'd been having a gay old time at the DWTS live show until he had approached her with a microphone. Paula then suggested she and Carrie Ann Inaba should make out. Later, Tom DeLay made the difficult decision to risk the future functionality of both of his feet in the name of canned patriotism, an inexplicable commitment to the televised ballroom, and love...of sequined zoology. Meanwhile, DANCMSTR had returned from Londontown, and was being so not-prickly for a few seconds that Tom Bergeron asked him if he'd been to ''Marshmallow Camp.'' I totally wish that existed. A camp. For marshmallows! They'd just be waddling around saying pleasant things and roasting in the sun. I must stop; there are important iiJudges' Leader Board!! rankings to report. Here we go....

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin: 27 out of possible 30 Thanks to the ''mesmerizing fluidity'' of their rumba, and perhaps Dmitry's sheer black deep-V shirt, Mya and Dmitry earned the first 10s of the season from Carrie Ann and Bruno. DANCMSTR balked that ''it was too grand with trick after trick'' (read: ''stop showing off,'') and gave them a 7. After the dance, Bruno told Mya, ''You put all of America in the mood for love. No price is too high for you.'' So she's a high-priced hooker for America? If we have the cash, do we get to join Mya in her fantasy chemistry-generating suite featuring rose petals, cheesy red and pink backdrops, and candles?

Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo: 26/30 Alec's wife, Lady Legwarmer, joined the couple during rehearsal to show Natalie how to make eye contact with Alec. ''Look at him. Look at him,'' Edyta purred, approvingly, before encouraging Natalie to ''go all out'' with her husband. I have no idea why a smoke machine was necessary for a rumba, but I kind of dug the special effects, particularly the dimming of the lights as Natalie lowered into a half-splits near the beginning of the song. What else was in the air last night? FULL SPLITS! This was easily my favorite ''finish'' of the season so far. Natalie's shyness added a quality to the rumba that we usually don't see with the Stars — I felt like she and Alec danced it the way Karina attempted to explain it to Aaron: there's no audience and it's just two people (+ the spirit of Edyta) in a private bubble.

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough: 23/30 ''I almost fell on the rope swing,'' Derek complained to Samantha backstage after his and Joanna's samba. Oh, how awful. Question: Why the heck did he need to swing in on a rope? Was he scavenging rare-earth elements from row 6 of the audience? I can't believe DANCMSTR didn't '5' him for this instance of messin' about. Then again, Derek did include DANCMSTR's favorite move, the stationary samba roll, six times. Carrie Ann called them out for ''a few little thingies,'' which was very helpful, and said Joanna was ''fearless'' in her sexiness. I would also call Joanna's lips ''fearless'' in their attempt to completely dominate her tiny head.

Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff: 21/30 Karina kept telling Aaron he was ''overdoing it'' during rumba rehearsal, so I'm not sure how anyone involved thought that costuming Aaron in a powder blue kimono wrap top that could have doubled as a very inappropriate bathrobe for the ballroom's famed ''bedroom dance'' was a good idea. Aaron couldn't even get the ''sexy stare'' down, so his disappointing rumba was no surprise. Despite Bruno's ineffective demonstration of (his own warped version of) hip-hop dancing, I think he was onto something when he said Aaron's movements hit too sharply and lacked fluidity.

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson: 21/30 DANCMSTR had told Mark Dacascos that when men dance the rumba, it either comes off as soft and feminine or hard and aggressive. I know Donny was trying to seem serious and manly, but he reminded me of a young girl trying really hard to stand out during ballet class. So he decided to overcompensate. As discussed above, during the judges' critique, Donny transitioned to ''the dark side'' by fake-making out with Bruno the Dark and Twisted Gay Man. Heavens! Let me run and get my pearls so I can clutch them! I can't imagine anything more taboo and horrifying than simulated lust between two men! Ahhhhhhh! I'm fainting! Later, backstage, after Donny bragged that he and Bruno ''have a relationship now'' (ugh), Samantha effectively promoted cigarette smoking on live national television and then suggested the pair might have received a better score from Bruno if Donny had ''given him tongue.''

Kelly Osbourne and Louis Van Amstel: 20/30 These two always seem to dance towards the end of the show, which could help them with viewer votes. Perhaps the producers are afraid of scaring away viewers too early with Kelly's increasingly bad wigs. I thought their samba looked very uncomfortable the first time I watched it, but I think it's because I was focused on her often-worried facial expressions. The dance itself was pretty good, and when she's ''got it'' and is confident about her steps, Kelly actually gives better face than most of the contestants. I can hardly believe that Kelly Osbourne seems more intense about DWTS than her partner Louis Van Intensity, but there is still plenty of time in season 9 for a full role-reversal. Either way, this couple is on the upswing.

Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower: 20/30 Louie's slicked-back 'do and wealth of knowledge about the rumba inspired him to call himself a ''Guido Suave'' and flirt more heavily than usual with his partner of the same age. Do we think there's something going on there? I don't care; I was too busy marveling at Chelsie's lower half during the rumba to wonder about much else. If swathing her ass in a 13-inch sheath of shiny fabric was a ploy to detract attention from Louie' dancing or lack thereof...then it worked. Chelsie's choreography seemed to center around her own movements — but I have to say, I love when there's a dramatic and quick dip at the climax of the routine instead of at the very end. You could hear someone in the audience squeal as Louie extended Chelsie's left leg from a 180-degree angle to about a 230. It sounded like ''Ye-ohhh!'' I should stretch more.
Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas: 19/30 Melissa and Mark performed a fiery, red-fringed samba within the confines of a very special ballroom tiki hut. Even the screens featured flames! Maybe that's why Melissa dances with ''sometimes the fear,'' according to Carrie Ann. Poor Melissa is just not good at dancing. I'm not sure if she needs to ''come out of her shell'' or ''let go'' any more than she has already. I think she really just can't do the moves very well because she's uncoordinated. It's okay! It happens. It just doesn't usually happen to Mark Ballas. He looked a bit ''over it'' after the pair received their scores, though he may have just been smarting that his ridiculous hair reminded Tom of T.J. Hooker.

Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer: 18/30 I didn't think Mark's rumba was as ''uncomfortable to watch'' as the judges did, though I agreed about his staccato movements and the lack of connection between him and Lacey. Maybe he was standoffish towards her because her short fuchsia dress contained neither sequins nor fringe (this is not counting her single ''sleeve,'' of course), and so he simply did not recognize her as a legitimate component of the ballroom atmosphere. Mark started off the dance by holding hands with his wife, and then after the pair were awarded straight 6s, Samantha said to Mark, ''I guess more reason to stay with your wife.''

Chuck Liddell and Anna Tre-BUN-skaya: 17/30 Anna delivered the greatest DWTS line ever featuring two components that have nothing to do with each other. ''It's great that Chuck got a pedicure with his daughter, but now he needs to nail the samba.'' Exactly right. Chuck's willingness to go along with pink and yellow ruffled, detachable sleeves sort of counts as ''nailing the samba'' in my book, but his actual footwork was heinous. Bruno likened Chuck's dance to ''a samba from Zombietown, but Zombietown is a hit.'' Small world — there's a movie called Zombieland that's doing pretty well, too.

Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 17/30 Love was in the air, and so was a flower from Debi's hair. The actress proved she was very resourceful, having borrowed the top half of her costume from Ballroom Bikini Barbie and the skirt portion from the half-hearted ''ironic drag queen'' Halloween costume Donny Osmond had cobbled together from the feather boa/sex toy shop around the corner. Which is to say, the outfit made even less sense than usual. But any flash — or prop flower — was good here, as the rest of the dance lacked flavor and was deemed ''too safe'' by the judges.

Tom DeLay and Cheryl Burke: 15/30 For the samba he was not medically cleared to perform, Tom DeLay wore a red-and-white barbershop quartet costume with a giant, sparkly elephant emblazoned on its back. Cheryl's starry blue dress featured a donkey. Why can't they be friends? Oh, but they can. They can dance together. Dance unites the political parties, dontcha know? During the samba, DeLay tossed fistfuls of play cash (out of nowhere!) to show us how our money's spent, and pointed at himself and smirked with the line, ''I think I'd like to be the president.'' Ha! Good luck.

Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova: 14/30 Wow, Michael and Anna love themselves some hot pink verging on red. The bewildering shade did, at least, match the ''Hard to Handle'' theme of the pair's samba. The judges blamed Michael for ''dancing too small'' and having ''no rhythm whatsoever,'' but I suspect it was the dance's fault instead. Anna's choreography had barely any physical contact and way too much boring, simple side-by-side footwork. I'm not sure he could have danced that routine any bigger, and he looked like he really wanted to. That song was also way too slow. Do you ever just start singing the song faster in your head, in hopes that the dancers on your screen will follow your version instead? I wouldn't recommend it.

What did you DANCMSTRs think of last night's performance show? Leave your thoughts — and your nominations for Hidden Gem of the Week (I dug the bolt of lighting annihilating Kathy Ireland, but that is so last week) — in the comments!

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20310410_3,00.html#

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2009, 02:21:52 PM »
Monday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See

A Kiss Is Just a Kiss: There was a whole lot more than dancing going on during Monday’s episode of Dancing with the Stars. Donny Osmond got the night started when he charged the judges’ table, took Bruno Tonioli into his arms and served him with a big kiss. “When he called me ‘airy fairy’ … I snapped and I had to go there. Don’t dare me, Bruno,” Osmond said of the buss. “He wanted me to go out to dinner with him, but I declined.” Derek Hough couldn’t believe his eyes. “It was a crazy night,” he said. “It’s like Cloris Leachman all over again.”

K-I-S-S-I-N-G: Not to be outdone, Kelly Osbourne says her kiss with partner Louis Van Amstel was also unplanned. Osbourne blamed it on the full moon, but she doesn’t turn away from a dare. “I said, ‘I dare you to kiss me,’ and he said, ‘I dare you to kiss me,’ and I went, ‘fine.’ And I said, ‘F— it. Why not?’”

Who’s Kissing Whom: Former American Idol judge Paula Abdul was in the house Monday night and despite being away from the judges’ table, she still has a way with words. At one point, she turned to Carrie Ann Inaba and said, “You and I should start making out.” By the end of the show, she had become a verb. Lacey Schwimmer called dance partner Mark Dacasco’s wife “hot,” but wanted to make one thing very clear. “I’m not going to pull a Paula,” she joked.

Twinkle Toes: Throughout the night, Tom DeLay’s Dancing future was in question after what started out as a pre-stress fracture turned into full-blown stress fractures in both his feet. Doctors and the producers encouraged DeLay to back out, but he went ahead with his samba routine — and ended up paying for his decision. “They’re starting to tell me I shouldn’t have done this,” he said of his feet, which were dressed in orthopedic booties after the show. “I ice them. I’ve got a bone stimulator machine that I put on them.” And when he’s not dancing with Cheryl Burke, “I stay off my feet,” he says.

Hair Apparent: Snowboarder Louie Vito took some guff from judge Len Goodman on the first week of the show for having long hair. And for his sexy rumba with partner Chelsie Hightower, Vito took the advice of ballroom pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy and slicked his hair back. During rehearsals, Vito toyed with the look, using only water, but about 45 minutes before showtime, Chmerkovskiy, who donned a similar style on season 2, joined Vito in the hair and makeup trailer backstage and applied some product to get Vito ready to rumba.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/06/mondays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-29/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »

Ready to Rumble: Before Chuck Liddell was asked to give a repeat performance of Monday night’s samba for Tuesday’s encore presentation, he was spotted jumping up and down and slapping his legs. “It’s something always do,” the UFC fighting champ says. “It wakes up my legs … It gets my adrenaline going and [then] slows it down a little bit.”

Bipartisan Partner: Cheryl Burke, who wore the Democrat’s donkey on her dress for Monday night’s performance, says her Republican dance partner, who had to quit due to injury, is a great guy. “He’s a normal man and he cares about everything. He’s so caring. He’s so loving. He’s the grandpa you never had, or you always want to be with.” She thinks DeLay won over some new fans when she realized they weren’t in the bottom two. “People are really behind him. They love him. He gained Democrats’ votes, as well.”

Going Back to Texas? Chelsie Hightower and her dance partner Louis Vito are preparing to learn the Texas two-step for next week’s competition. But Chelsie, who spent some time in Texas last season with partner Ty Murray, may be headed back to her old stomping grounds for some pointers. “Tune in,” says Hightower. “It definitely might happen. We’re trying to make us going to Texas work. We don’t know if it’s going t o happen, but fingers crossed.”

Tee Time: During the commercial breaks, fans of the show — including Christian Slater — squealed for a Dancing wiith the Stars T-shirt. Slater, who clapped throughout the performance, is starring on ABC’s The Forgotten. As soon as he was given the shirt, he immediately threw it to a woman in the audience who hadn’t been so lucky. Awww.

Anything Can Happen: Joanna Krupa showed a surprised look when she and her partner Derek Hough were told they weren’t safe from elimination on Tuesday night — even though their scored ranked them high on the leader-board. Hough immediately hugged and comforted her as they walked backstage. “I was surprised in a way because we were doing good, but I wasn’t surprised because my fan base may not be as high as some of the other celebrities. So it really wasn’t a great feeling and I hope it never happens again, unless you guys want me to have a heart attack.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/07/tuesdays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-25/#more-18200

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2009, 02:27:32 PM »
Maksim Chmerkovskiy: I'm Done with Karina

Perhaps the only upside to being eliminated from Dancing with the Stars Tuesday for pro dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy is that he won't have to endure any more uncomfortable encounters on set with his ex- fiancée, Karina Smirnoff.

"I feel completely betrayed. I'm done," Chmerkovskiy tells PEOPLE of his relationship with Smirnoff.

Asked why he feels betrayed, he declined to elaborate, saying only, "I don't want to get into the specifics. Let's just leave it at I'm done."

The effects of the breakup touched Chmerkovskiy’s season nine partner, actress Debi Mazar, was well. "I'm giving him a lot of support and positive energy," she said recently.

No Reconciliation
The two dance pros, who got engaged last New Year's Eve, at one time seemed destined to have a litter of Latin ballroom champs in their future. Even after calling it quits on Sept. 8, pals said the two were likely headed toward a reconciliation – but not anymore.

Sources tell PEOPLE things came to a head when Chmerkovskiy was made aware of the inordinate amount of time Smirnoff, 31, has been spending off the dance floor with her partner, Aaron Carter, 21.

Carter recently declared to the press that he has a crush on DWTS pro Chelsie Hightower – but a source tells PEOPLE that was a smokescreen.

"That's so funny. Everyone [at the show] knows that's not true. That's Karina trying to manipulate things to take attention off her and Aaron," a source says, noting that Chmerkovskiy "had hoped they could work things out."

When asked about the situation, Smirnoff told PEOPLE that she and Chmerkovskiy are "both trying to figure out our lives and work on ourselves. At this moment, we're happy to be where we are."

Social Scene
Meanwhile, Chmerkovskiy and Smirnoff will undoubtedly cross paths socially, as was the case one night last week when a group from Dancing went to L.A. hotspot Teddy's. Smirnoff was there with some friends and other costars.

"Maks showed up with these two smoking hot women," an onlooker tells PEOPLE. "I mean they were like models – tall, gorgeous. Karina looked like, 'Oh, my God!' He sat down and they were just talking. He was cool. He wasn't putting on a show."

But his mere presence with the women clearly made Smirnoff uncomfortable. "She just shot out of her seat and left. I would have done the same thing if I were her. I would have run out of the place crying."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20310823,00.html

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2009, 07:48:28 AM »
Debi Mazar and Tom DeLay talk about 'Dancing with the Stars' exits

By Christopher Rocchio, 10/07/2009

Debi Mazar has "no clue" why she was ousted from Dancing with the Stars ninth season during last night's live results show broadcast.

"I gave it my all.  I'm used to having other takes," said the actress during an appearance on last night's Jimmy Kimmel Live broadcast.  "It's hard.  It's really hard."

Mazar and her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy were eliminated during the third week of the competition based on a combination of their judges scores from Monday night's performance episode and home viewer votes cast immediately following the broadcast.

In addition, former Republican House Majority Leader Tom DeLay was forced to withdraw from the competition due to stress fractures in both his feet.  He also participated in the Kimmel appearance and was carted onto the stage in a wheelbarrow by Chmerkovskiy.

"Does that embarrass you at all?" asked Kimmel about the dance-related cause of the injuries.

"Frankly, a little bit," answered DeLay.  "A boy from Texas breaking his feet dancing?"

While DeLay had already been diagnosed with a pre-stress fracture in his right foot prior to the show's September premiere, during Monday night's broadcast he announced he had decided to ignore the advice of his doctor and producers and continue in the competition despite the newly-diagnosed dual stress fracture.

He said he never had any problems with his feet before appearing on the show.

"They put you in these Latin shoes with high heels," he told Kimmel.

DeLay was partnered with two-time Dancing with the Stars professional champ Cheryl Burke, and Kimmel asked her if their pairing was a result of her being "punished by the producers."

"That's what I thought in the beginning.  But now, I just injured him.  No, I'm just kidding," answered Burke.  "Tom's a great guy and I learned a lot from him.  We had a lot of fun together."

DeLay acknowledged that his Dancing with the Stars participation "shocked a few people," but not those who know him best.

"Actually, they weren't very surprised because if you really get to know me you know that I like to have fun.  I like to push the envelope," he said before turning his attention to Kimmel.  "I'm still upset that you don't think I can dance.  I'll take you to a Texas dance hall and show you a little Texas two-step."

"I'll carry you in there and we'll dance around," replied Kimmel.

Chmerkovskiy also denied Kimmel's accusation that he yelled at Mazar during rehearsals.

"I just looked at her and she started crying," said Chmerkovskiy.

"I heard there was some yelling?" replied Kimmel.

"Maybe from her, not from me," he answered.  "She's from Queens, I'm from Brooklyn -- so there's a lot of back and forth going on."

Kimmel also reiterated his belief that a few ninth-season celebrity participants have background in dance, giving them an unfair advantage -- and Mazar agreed.  She specifically singled out singer/actress Mya, who found herself atop the judges' leaderboard for the second consecutive week.

"I actually was so inspired.  Mya made me want to get up and dance," said Mazar.  "She's beautiful to look at, but she definitely had an advantage.  She's wonderful to watch.  She's got great moves, showmanship.  She leaves her nerves at home, which I couldn't."

Kimmel also asked about entertainer Donny Osmond, who is his favorite to take home the ninth-season mirror ball trophy.

"I think he's got a great chance along with some others.  This cast is one of the best casts," said DeLay.

Burke said she also thinks Osmond "has a chance."

"But I also think Mya has a chance.  You never know," added Burke.

Chmerkovskiy said both Osmond and Mya will make it far in the competition.

"He's going to be in the final, but Mya's going to win," predicted Chmerkovskiy.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/debi-mazar-and-tom-delay-talk-about-dancing-with-stars-exits-9688.php#

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2009, 07:53:25 AM »
The Curse of the First 10 on 'Dancing with the Stars'
Wednesday, October 07, 2009

This week on Dancing with the Stars, Mya and Dmitry Chaplin received the first 10s of season 9 for their Rumba, winning over Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.  But does being the first couple to get a 10 make them the frontrunners, or is it a bad omen?

History suggests that being the first couple to receive a 10 from the judges is not a good thing.  In almost every season, the first couple to get a 10 didn't win, so Mya and Dmitry might want to get ready for a second or third place finish.  Let's look at the Dancing with the Stars Curse of the First 10.

Season 2:
In week 2, Stacy Keibler and Tony Dovolani earned 10s from Len and Bruno for their Rumba, but finished the season 3rd.

Season 3:
In week 2, Joey Lawrence and Edyta Sliwinska earned 10s from Bruno and Carrie Ann for their Quick Step, but finished 3rd.

Season 4:
In week 4, Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson earned a 10 from Carrie Ann for their Paso Doble, but finished 2nd.

Season 5:
In week 4, Jennie Garth and Derek Hough earned a 10 from Len for their Paso Doble, but finished 4th.

Season 6:
In week 4, Jason Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska earned 10s from Bruno and Carrie Ann for their Viennese Waltz, but finished 2nd.  Also in week 4, Shannon Elizabeth and Derek Hough earned a 10 from Len for their Viennese Waltz, but finished 6th.

However, in week 4, eventual winner Kristi Yamaguchi and partner Mark Ballas earned 10s from Bruno and Carrie Ann for their Paso Doble, breaking the curse.

Season 7:
In week 3, eventual winner Brooke Burke and Derek Hough earned a 10 from Len for their Viennese Waltz, breaking the curse again.

Season 8:
In week 4, Lil Kim and Derek Hough earned a 10 from Bruno for their Argentine Tango, but finished 5th.  Also in week 4, Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani earned 10s from Bruno and Carrie Ann for their Lindy Hop, but finished 3rd.

So from these seven seasons, 10 couples have earned 10s the earliest, and only two of those have gone on to win.  I don't like those odds, so it looks like Mya and Dmitry are destined for a second or third place finish.  You may not like it, but stats don't lie, and that's just the Dancing with the Stars Curse of the First 10.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-with-the-stars/the-curse-of-the-first-10-on-d-31737.aspx

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2009, 07:55:32 AM »
Why Does Len Goodman Hate Mya and Dmitry?
Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Last week Dancing with the Stars took off and started to fly, with 9s being thrown out like they were candy.  But this week, despite some great dancing, there was a dark cloud over the performances, and its name was Len Goodman.

The elder statesman of the Dancing with the Star judges' table was crankier than normal during the week 3 performance show, doling out low scores like he was the Estonian judge at a figure skating competition.  The most offensive bit of Len's foul judging came during Mya and Dmitry Chaplin's breathtaking Rumba.  While Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli gave out the season's first 10s, mean old Len gave the pair a 7.

Why?  The answer is simple: Len hates young whippersnappers.

Len Goodman is obviously an old fogey when it comes to dance, a man who likes all of his routines prim and proper.  What he fails to understand is that dance is an evolutionary art form, and that as much as he hates it, change has come.

Most notably, Len seems to hate Dmitry Chaplin.  On the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars, Len did the same thing, giving Mya and Dmitry a 5 while Carrie Ann and Bruno gave them 8s for their Viennese Waltz.  Len whined and moaned that what Dmitry choreographed wasn't a traditional Viennese Waltz, so he wanted to punish innovation.

Dance is young and hip.  Just look at all the different styles of hip hop, or the success of shows like America's Best Dance Crew and So You Think You Can Dance.  That's the future of dance, and Len wants to stall the progress that's going on.

The irony is that Dancing with the Stars itself recognizes the change.  While the "winners" from this show don't do anything (when was the last time you heard from or thought of Helio or Apolo?), shows like So You Think You Can Dance are cranking out great new talent every year.  For instance: Lacey Schwimmer, Chelsie Hightower and Dmitry Chaplin, three former SYTYCD contestants now deemed appropriate to become professionals on Dancing with the Stars.

So Len needs to get with the times or resign as a judge.  He clearly can't be objective about Dmitry's choreographing skills, and he did the same thing by low-balling Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower for being too chaotic.  Len doesn't like frenetic movement or a lot of flashy style in his dance.  He wants a nice, quiet and calm ballroom piece.

Well, if that's what you want, I suggest you hop in your time machine and go back to the 1950s when that was possible.  Today, dance is loud, in your face and full of energy, and if you can't stand the heat, get out of the ballroom.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-with-the-stars/why-does-len-goodman-hate-mya-31697.aspx

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2009, 08:09:18 AM »
Tom DeLay: ‘I Made Some Very Good Friends’ on DWTS

October 7, 2009

Former Republican House Majority Leader Tom DeLay knows he’s long been a polarizing political figure. But when the 62-year-old teamed up with Cheryl Burke for Dancing With the Stars this season, viewers connected with his determination and entertaining approach to the ballroom. Suffering from stress fractures in both of his size 9 feet, DeLay reluctantly bowed out of the competition Tuesday night. PEOPLE caught up with him the next day to talk about his sidelining injuries, his plans to return to the ballroom floor and cruising back to Texas with a new set of (liberal) friends. –Monica Rizzo

You’ve had people love you and you’ve had people not love you.
That’s my entire life. Love me or hate me.

But people loved you on Dancing. It’s been a whole new type of celebrity for you, hasn’t it?
Yes! I can’t go anywhere without people recognizing me and it’s kind of a kick. It’s kind of fun.

What surprised you most about this experience?
The thing that surprised me the most were the people on the show … I didn’t know what to expect coming to this show and Los Angeles and being amongst the more creative people. I found that even as liberal as some are, they were very open and very warm. The professional dancers were just amazing. The kind of people they are, their work ethic, how smart they are, how talented they are — I was blown away. I made some very good friends.

How difficult was it to make the decision to withdraw?
It really was difficult. I was looking forward to seeing how far I could go. I knew I wouldn’t win, but it was kind of a challenge to live week by week and see how I could improve. But you know when your feet give out — even if they are two left feet — there’s not much dancing you can do. I didn’t want to go through another week like we did last week.

Rehearsals were very painful?
My feet were hurting. I broke my left foot Thursday and then I couldn’t practice on Saturday but a couple hours. And then Sunday, I only got 30 minutes in. You can’t play this show if you can’t practice. If you can’t practice you can’t really stick around. Frankly, it’s not fair to the rest of the cast.

You pulled through on Monday.
I did want to dance Monday night because we worked so hard on that dance.

You were very concerned with impacting Cheryl’s experience this season.
Oh definitely. Cheryl’s got a great track record on this show and I really hated to soil her record like that. She carries the worst dancers a long ways. But she understands. In fact, she didn’t want me to dance Monday night. She’s taking it like a trooper. She’s a precious young lady.

You exposed your personality on the show. Any regrets about that?
Oh, that didn’t bother me a bit. That was a second thought. I wanted the challenge, I wanted the competition, I wanted the excitement of learning to dance. All the rest of it flows from there. I got a taste of if and I enjoyed it. They were so good to me. They said they will send Cheryl [to Texas] to teach me the Texas two-step so I can dance it on the finale. I’m really looking forward to that.

Will you be healed by then?
Oh sure. The doctor this morning told me my feet will probably be all well in three or four weeks.

What kind of treatment are you getting?
I have one foot (left) in a soft cast, and both feet are in orthopedic shoes. I have to keep my feet as immobile as possible. And then I have this bone stimulator machine you put on your feet and sleep with and it stops the bone from deteriorating and starts rebuilding it, so the recovery time is a lot shorter.

Are you headed back to Texas now?
Yeah. I drove out in my RV and in a few days after I wrap up around here I’m going to get my two bichon frise dogs (Taylor and Bailey), and my wife and we’re going to take a slow trip back to Texas.

And your wife will do the driving?
Oh no, she won’t drive this. I have a forty-foot diesel pusher. She won’t drive it. I can do it. I don’t need feet — I’ve got cruise control.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/07/tom-delay-i-made-some-very-good-friends-on-dwts/#more-18240

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2009, 02:41:46 PM »
Dancing with the Stars

Mya & Aaron Carter Lead on Dancing with the Stars
September 29, 2009
Here’s a full list of the scores:
Joanna Krupa’s jive: 20
Natalie Coughlin’s quick step: 21
Chuck Liddell’s tango: 19
Melissa Joan Hart’s jive: 19
Michael Irvin’s quick step: 20
Debi Mazar’s tango: 21
Louie Vito’s jive: 19
Aaron Carter’s quick step: 27
Kelly Osbourne’s tango: 19
Kathy Ireland’s quick step: 18
Mark Dacascos’s quick step: 21
Mya’s jive: 27
Tom DeLay’s tango: 18
Donny Osmond’s jive: 25

My favs are Mya and Donny's jive.  :jam:

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2009, 07:50:49 AM »
Debi Helped Maksim Through Split with ‘Home Cooked’ Meals

October 11, 2009

Their toe-tapping reign may have just ended – but Dancing with the Stars partners Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Debi Mazar will always share a strong bond.

What helped solidify that friendship? Chmerkovskiy’s split from ex-fiancée Karina Smirnoff.

“She has been so good to me,” Chmerkovskiy tells PEOPLE. “She’s helped me through this whole thing so much. My family is in New York and I don’t have anybody here in L.A. so when [we split] Debi would call me and say, ‘If you need a home cooked meal, come over.’ “

“She was like, ‘Get over here. You’ll be out in 10 minutes. I just want you to eat well,’ ” he says. “So she was very good. Very cool.”

Though they may not be dancing together now, perhaps there’s room for another professional collaboration soon?

“I actually wanted to bring her on the carpet with me as [her Entourage character] Shauna,” Chmerkovskiy says, joking that Mazar, who plays a publicist on the HBO show, could represent him. “She was like, ‘Oh my god, I would have totally done it.’ ” -– Jessica Herndon

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2009, 07:51:22 AM »
Mark Ballas Jokes Partner Melissa Joan Hart Couldn’t Handle Maksim
October 12, 2009

With last week’s strong showings by Mya and Natalie Coughlin, Melissa Joan Hart and her pro-partner Mark Ballas may have an uphill climb to that mirror ball trophy, and it will take less talk, more action!

“I call her ‘Tangent,’ ” Ballas tells PEOPLE with a laugh, ” She can talk … a lot, and about the most random things, because one thing will set her off, and she will talk about that forever, and that will link to something else, and that will link to something else … and then twenty minutes will go by.”

The dancing duo, appearing together on Friday night at the 5th Annual GLSEN Respect Awards are still getting to know each on the dance floor, but, as far as any chemistry issues, think old, married couple, with a lot of give and take.

When asked if she had come up with a moniker for her dance instructor, Joan Hart quickly shot back with, “Bossy,” which elicited an eye-roll from Ballas. “She thinks that I’m mean,” he said, “she wouldn’t last five minutes with Maks [Chmerkovskiy].” – Reagan Alexander

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2009, 02:39:59 AM »
Week 4 Dancing Score Results:

Chuck/Anna
Two-Step            6     5     6      17

Melissa/Mark
Charleston           9     9    10     28

Natalie/Alec
Bolero                 8     8     8     24

Aaron/Karina
Lambada             6     6     6     18

Mark/Lacey
Two-Step           8     7     7     22

Kelly/Louis
Charleston          8     7     8     23

Joanna/Derek
Lambada            9     8     9     26

Donny/Kym
Charleston         8     8     8     24

Michael/Anna
Bolero               5     6     5     16

Louie/Chelsie
Two-Step         5     5     6     16

Mya/Dmitry
Lambada         10    8     10    28   

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2009, 08:45:36 AM »
Dancing with the Stars

Louie Vito Finds His Inner Cowboy with Ty Murray’s Help
October 12, 2009
This week has been jammed packed and crazy!

It all started out with Chelsie and me going to Texas on Wednesday to help me find my “inner” cowboy. I mean going to Texas alone would help, but luckily Chelsie knows the toughest cowboy in the Western World: Ty Murray. We went to Ty’s ranch so he could teach me a little about being a cowboy and help me get into character for this dance. He laced me out with his signature cowboy get-up … DENIM.

I’m not gonna lie, I felt pretty legit wearing all the cowboy gear, plus I am wearing hand-me-downs of a legend in the rodeo cowboy world. After I got my cowboy get-up on, it was time to learn to lasso. Let me tell you all, lassoing is cool. Ty had a practice steer to show me how it was done. Actually he showed me how it was done by telling me to run, and then by roping me … EVERY TIME!

After the lasso lesson it was time to get on the horse. I have ridden a horse before but not since I was probably younger than 10 years old. At the end of the day, I felt like the inner cowboy started to show through and I felt ready to take on this two step. Thanks goes to Ty and Jewel for letting Chelsie and me come to their ranch. These two are good people and welcomed us with open arms.

Although Texas was super fun and definitely helped me get ready for the dance, we didn’t get much practice in at all for the first two days because of the traveling. For all of you that don’t know, the first two days are crucial. So Friday and Saturday we put in MAJOR TIME at the studio!

The two step isn’t a traditional ballroom dance so it was not only a challenge for Chelsie to teach me, but also a challenge for Chelsie to choreograph a routine for us. I don’t think people will understand what we went through — and especially what she went through in her effort to get this routine together — in order to get us ready. Monday is now here and we are ready!

If your votes get me through another week, we will discuss “chemistry” next week! – Louie Vito

Craig Sjodin/ABC

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/10/12/louie-vito-finds-his-inner-cowboy-with-ty-murrays-help/#more-18413