Author Topic: Dancing with the Stars - 9  (Read 46222 times)

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
Re: Dancing with the Stars - 9
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 10:12:49 AM »

'Dancing' pros Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff break-up

"I am confirming that they did indeed break up," Sminoff's representative told E! News Tuesday.

The Dancing with the Stars professionals began dating last summer following Smirnoff's breakup with Mario Lopez -- her dancing partner on the show's third season. They subsequently got engaged last New Year's Eve.

When asked by E! News on Tuesday for the reason behind the break-up, Chmerkovskiy said it was a "little personal."

"It's a little rough right now," he told E! News outside West Hollywood's 3rd Street Dance Studio.

Smirnoff and Chmerkovskiy made their Broadway debut last month in Burn the Floor and are also scheduled to dance at the 61st Annual Primetime Emmy Awards on September 20, which E! News confirmed they intend to follow through with.

With both of those commitments on-top of training for Dancing with the Stars' upcoming ninth season, the couple recently told E! News they had decided to delay their wedding until next summer.

"The only thing we've decided on is next year in June," Karina told E! News at the time. "We were supposed to pick the place, but we've never actually had the time to go further... As long as we're together, tying the knot is a plus. It's something extra."

Dancing with the Stars ninth season will premiere with a two-hour performance episode on Monday, September 21 at 8PM ET/PT.  Chmerkovskiy is partnered with actress Debi Mazar, while Smirnoff will be competing with singer Aaron Carter.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/dancing-pros-maksim-chmerkovskiy-and-karina-smirnoff-break-up-9511.php

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2009, 06:54:58 PM »

Dancing with the Stars: Debi Mazar

meet the cast of Dancing with the Stars Season 9 behind the titleshoot

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 01:28:07 PM »
banzai,

I think the dancer vignettes are very interesting. The Debi Mazar 2 minute clip is fantastic. I got a better appreciation for the rehearwsal process than I ever have in any DWTS material of comparabel length. Thanks!

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 08:21:01 AM »
Our 1st injury.....

Tom DeLay suffers foot injury during 'Dancing with the Stars' practice

By Christopher Rocchio, 09/16/2009

So much for Dancing with the Stars' new training safety measures to help its celebrity participants avoid injury before the season starts.

"Old age is catching up to me, may have a stress fracture in my foot," indicted former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay posted Tuesday on his Twitter page, adding he wasn't too concerned about the possible injury.

"No worries, it'll take more than that to keep me off the dance floor!"

RELATED LINKS 
Reality TV World: Dancing with the Stars 9

More Dancing with the Stars 9 News 

A Dancing with the Stars representative subsequently confirmed the injury to People and added the 62-year-old DeLay was having his foot examined in Los Angeles.

Despite the scare, DeLay apparently received good news following the exam.

"No stress fracture," he posted on his Twitter page on Tuesday afternoon. "It's a pre-stress fracture. I live for another day."

DeLay will compete with two-time mirror ball trophy winner Cheryl Burke when Dancing with the Stars ninth season premieres next Monday at 8PM ET/PT on ABC.

It was Burke who last month revealed that Dancing with the Stars producers had implemented new rules to help curtail injuries to its celebrity participants.

"There's a rule now that we're not allowed to train for more than five hours a day for the first two weeks," Burke told E! News at the time. "After every two hours, you have to have a 30-minute break.  And we have to have one full day off a week."

Injuries plagued Dancing with the Stars eighth season this past spring, as singer Jewel and Access Hollywood co-anchor Nancy O'Dell were both forced to withdraw prior to the premiere after sustaining serious injuries while training for the reality dance competition.

In addition, Sex and the City star Gilles Marini injured his groin and subsequently needed surgery to repair a shoulder injury; Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak fractured his foot and was forced to wear a cast; and Steven "Steve-O" Glover suffered nerve damage in his back.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/tom-delay-suffers-foot-injury-during-dancing-with-stars-practice-9552.php

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 08:24:16 AM »
News - regarding the show

Dancing with the Stars will honor Patrick Swayze on its Sept. 23 live results show, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

“We have some very fond memories of [the late actor] coming to help us our when we were a tiny little show way back when,” Dancing’s executive producer Conrad Green says.

Swayze, who died of pancreatic cancer on Monday at the age of 57, made a guest appearance on Dancing’s inaugural U.S. season in 2005, teaching friend and fellow actor John O’Hurley a few dance moves in rehearsal. He also came to the show and supported O’Hurley by attending the season 1 finale.

“He was one of the few people to integrate dance with being an A-list actor,” Green says. “He inspired many people and many of our pros to dance. We want to honor the great moments he’s brought to film by getting our dancers to do their interpretation to some music from his films.” –Monica Rizzo

From Dirty Dancing to his valiant battle with pancreatic cancer, see what made Patrick Swayze a beloved star in PEOPLE’s tribute to the late actor.

http://tvwatch.people.com/category/dancing-with-the-stars/

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2009, 08:26:29 AM »
It all begins next week - thought we could use some updates!! 

DWTS Blog: Ashley Hamilton Reminded of Military School

Hello my friends,

I hope you all had a great week … we are only days away from the premiere of the show. I am extremely excited and nervous.

For the last month, I’ve been getting up early every day and studying some of the greats like Fred Astaire, Michael Jackson, and Steve-O.

At first I thought, how hard can this be? Edyta drags me around, the judges vote, I make a joke about how tan my dad is … and then I go back and cry in my dressing room. I have realized it is much more than that. Dancing is an expression of life, and I am living it to the fullest through this experience. It is challenging on all three levels, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

The true challenge lies in how fast we have to learn how to dance. It takes humongous discipline to stay out of your head and in your dance shoes … remembering it is a process that is one step at a time. Sometimes Edyta reminds me of that school teacher or parent who would make you sit there for hours and finish your project even though you didn’t think it was possible.

I remember when I was a kid and I went away to military school in Lebanon, Tenn., because my best friend was going … even at a young age I enjoyed a good challenge. My friend had an easier time being accepted because he was a great athlete. And I was a 25-pound overweight boy named “Ashley” from the mean streets of Beverly Hills, who got his hand stuck in the vending machine the first week while trying to steal some cookies …

When I came home from military school for Christmas, I didn’t want to go back. I wanted to stay home. My dad said that quitting wasn’t an option. “Just look at this tan, kid.” He said that if you start something you have to finish it … and that I would thank him one day.

The day I got back to military school I broke out with the chicken pox and was quarantined. I was put in isolation and cursed my dad. People would sneak in to see me … I didn’t realize how many people cared about me and how many friends I had made in a short time. I finished that year on the honor roll and I even wanted to go back for another year.

Turns out my dad was right..

I am going to give DWTS 100 percent and do the best I can … and hopefully make some new friends along the way … like Chuck Liddell. He seems like a great guy, even though I was scared of him at first when he almost choked me out for accidentally taking his leg warmers.

I had the pleasure of running into Debi Mazar a few times. Debi’s adorable. She reminds me of all those smart, cute, funny women who are WAYYYY too stable to ever go out with me. I even got to hang with Mya. She goes by one name. I tried going by one name once but a dude simply known as Ashley doesn’t quite work!

This whole experience is amazing … I am even getting recognized more now than I never did. Until next week…

Much love,
Ashley H.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/16/dwts-blog-ashley-hamilton-reminded-of-military-school/#more-17069

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2009, 08:31:16 AM »

'Dancing' Couple Still Friends After Split
Posted Thursday 17 September 07:36 AM By: PopEater Staff

Despite their split earlier this month, Karina Smirnoff and Maksim Chmerkovskiy are still on good terms. "It's kind of easy to stay friends," Smirnoff told PEOPLE.

"We were friends for 14 years, before anything else. It will always remain this way. It's not difficult. We both think the world of each other," she added.

The 'Dancing With The Stars' couple broke up after being engaged for about eight months.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There are a lot of events, and a lot of opportunities where you have to go solo," she says. "It's interesting because I know there are a lot of people in the room I want to meet and interact with."

As for Maks she adds: "Nothing has changed. Everything is great."

Smirnoff and Chmerkovskiy met on 'Dancing With the Stars' and started dating in October of last year. Then, just a few months later on New Year Eve, he popped the question. They planned on getting married in June 2010.

http://www.popeater.com/2009/09/17/dancing-couple-karina-makism-still-friends-after-split/

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 09:58:20 AM »
Some hints on the new format!!  It's going to be quite a night of TV!!

Dancing with the Stars to ‘Mix Things Up’
September 21, 2009
As contestants are lacing up their dancing shoes for tonight’s season 9 premiere of Dancing with the Stars, they may already be feeling the pressure of a new scoring and elimination process.

“We like to mix things up every now and again to keep the audience on their toes,” Dancing’s executive producer Conrad Green says.

Derek Hough told PEOPLE Friday night at Family Guy’s pre-Emmy party by Night Vision that his partner, model Joanna Krupa, is “getting nervous and psyching herself out.” He’s trying to calm her nerves by “making her laugh” and reminding her that “it’s all mental at this point.”

Premiere week will feature three consecutive nights of Dancing with all 16 couples dancing two routines each. Monday the male celebrities will perform, while Tuesday’s show features only the women. On Wednesday night, the season’s first live results show, two contestants will go home.

There will be a little math involved during the first week, so viewers keeping scores may want to have a pen and paper handy. Each celebrity’s first dance of the night will be scored as usual by the judges, who will hold up their paddles to indicate one to ten points from each for a maximum possible score of 30.

The second dance will be a relay in which each couple will dance for 30 seconds of a song. For example, four male contestants and their partners will perform the salsa on Monday, while the other four couples will dance the Viennese waltz. Judges will rank each 30-second leg of the relay. The pair that comes in first place gets 10 points; the second place pair get eight points; third is 6 points; fourth is 4 points. The maximum total score a contestant can receive on Monday or Tuesday night’s shows is 40 points. These combined scores, factored in with America’s vote, will determine which contestants — one male and one female — will be eliminated on Wednesday’s live results.

On Sept. 28, Dancing will resume its customary format of performance shows on Monday and live results shows on Tuesday. But the dreaded dance-off will return for weeks five, six and seven of the season. Two couples will be sent home in each of those weeks, reducing the cast from 11 to five couples in just three weeks.

“The way the double eliminations will work is the lowest scoring couple will [automatically] go. Then the next two lowest scoring couples will dance off,” Green explains. “We’ll have asked all of our couples to prepare a short dance, which we’ll call their secret dance, which is the dance they think is their best effort for staying in the competition. Every single couple at the top 11 will need to prepare this and have it ready to go at a moment’s notice. It will be really dramatic.” –Monica Rizzo with reporting by Reagan Alexander

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/21/dancing-with-the-stars-to-mix-things-up/#more-17252

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 02:41:55 AM »
Men tonight, ladies tomorrow, two eliminations on Wed

Tonight's scoring results:

Aaron/Karina
Cha Cha Cha                        7     8     7     22

Chuck/Anna
Foxtrot                               6     5      5     16

Mark/Lacey
Cha Cha Cha                        7     7      7     21

Ashley/Edyta
Foxtrot                               5     6      4      15

Donny/Kym
Foxtrot                              7      6      7      20

Louie/Chelsie
Foxtrot                              6      7      6      19

Michael/Anna
Cha Cha Cha                      5      4      4      13

Tom/Cheryl
Cha Cha Cha                      6      5      5      16

RELAY DANCE (Judges jointly rank them 1st thru 4th and points are scored)

SALSA

Chuck/Anna                    3rd      6

Ashley/Edyta                  4th      4

Donny/Kym                    1st      10

Louie/Chelsie                  2nd      8

VIENNESE WALTZ

Aaron/Karina                  1st      10           

Mark/Lacey                    2nd      8

Michael/Anna                  3rd      6

Tom/Cheryl                    4th      4

COMBINED SCORES

Aaron/Karina                32
Chuck/Anna                 22
Mark/Lacey                  29   
Ashley/Edyta                19
Donny/Kym                  30
Louie/Chelsie                27
Michael/Anna                19
Tom/Cheryl                   20   

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 08:23:22 AM »
Thanks, Reality Freak Will. I know what it took to write the above recap and appreciate your efforts. I have a few comments on last night's DWTS9 performance round:

1. I was not surprised that performers Aaron and Donnie did well.
2. I was surprised and pleased that Mark did well.
3. I expected Tom to do better. He is in a bracket with Ashley and Michael. I expect that voters will want to keep Tom around longer, so it will be Ashley or Michael that bites the dust tomorrow night on the results show. Whichever one doesn't get eliminated tomorrow will be eliminated before the double elimination weeks.
4. I did not get much of a sense of the potential of Chuck or Louie.

So, let me be fearless and predict that Aaron, Donnie and Mark will still be standing after the 3 rounds of double eliminations week 6, 7 and 8. Michael/Ashley (whichever remains after tomorrow) will be eliminated sometime in weeks 2 through 4. I expect Tom to be eliminated along with Louie and Chuck in weeks 5, 6 and 7.

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 08:38:35 AM »
Dancing with the Stars

Aaron Carter Cha Chas Ahead on Dancing’s First Night
September 22, 2009
Let’s hear it for the boys! Dancing with the Stars‘ eight male contestants took to the freshly buffed parquet floor Monday night to kick off the new season.

First up, were pop star Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff, who appeared to be wearing the same fringe pants that she performed in at the Emmy Awards on Sunday night. Cheered on by Aaron’s brother, Nick Carter and his fellow Backstreet Boys, the duo delivered a solid cha cha. Len Goodman said it was full of potential. Bruno Tonioli called it sharp and edgy. And they were awarded 22 points.

It was a tough act to follow for ultimate fighter Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya, who performed a clunky and funky fox trot. Carrie Ann Inaba thought Chuck was smooth and Len suggested Chuck get in touch with his feminine side. Their debut earned 16 points.

Iron Chef America host Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer’s Kung Fu-style cha cha was a crowd pleaser, but Len didn’t buy it. Fewer gimmicks, more substance, he suggested. Still, the duo scored a solid 21.

With mom Alana Stewart and dad George Hamilton, who competed in season 2, looking on from the front row, Ashley Hamilton did his best fox trot with Edyta Sliwinska, but came up short. Len praised his footwork, but Bruno and Carrie Ann felt he lacked showmanship. The so-so routine got them just 15 points.

Not one to shy away from an enthusiastic audience, Donny Osmond and partner Kym Johnson turned up the electricity with their fox trot — and earned the first standing ovation of the season. Bruno praised Donny’s “full-frontal” theatrics (seriously, that’s what he said), while Len was felt there was too much razzmatazz. A score of 20 left Donny unable to wipe the smile off his face.

Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower did a respectable fox trot as well. The diminutive Olympic snowboarder, whom Bruno called “a dancing hobbit,” landed a 19 for his first dance of the season. But despite the solid score, Len scolded him for his shaggy hair, saying it was not ballroom appropriate. Dude, that was harsh.

Right out of the gate, Michael Irvin swore he’d do better than NFL great and DWTS finalist Jerry Rice did on his cha cha years ago. Paired with new pro Anna Demidova, Irvin’s routine, full of repetitive and unimaginative moves, seemed to stall. His score of 13 was the lowest of the night.

Last up was former congressman Tom DeLay and his partner Cheryl Burke. The controversial Texas politician had the crowd and the judges in hysterics as he performed a cha cha to “Wild Thing.” Bruno declared DeLay was “crazier than Sarah Palin,” but nobody denied it was entertaining. He earned a 16 for his hip-shaking effort.

The final 15 minutes of the show were the most exciting as Dancing instituted its first relay and a new scoring system. Four of the couples danced the salsa and the four other couples danced the Viennese waltz. They were ranked first, second, third and fourth (and given points accordingly: 10 for first, 8 for second, 6 for third and 4 for fourth). Best in show for salsa was Donny, followed by Louie, Chuck and Ashley. And in the waltz relay, Aaron came out on top, followed by Mark, Michael and Tom.

Here’s the final tally for boys’ night at the ballroom:

Aaron: 32
Donny: 30
Mark: 29
Louie: 27
Chuck: 22
Tom: 20
Ashley: 19
Michael: 19

Tuesday night the boys will kick back while the ladies take to the ballroom floor. –Monica Rizzo

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/22/aaron-carter-cha-chas-ahead-on-dancings-first-night/#more-17309

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »
Monday’s DWTS: What You Didn’t See

Brotherly Love: Aaron Carter had “the Boys” in his corner Monday night on Dancing with the Stars — as in his brother Nick and the rest of the Backstreet Boys. The group, whose new CD This Is Us comes Oct. 6, were on their feet after “little Aaron” performed the show’s first dance of the season, an admirable cha cha with partner Karina Smirnoff. Carrie Ann Inaba remarked that Carter is “all grown up,” a sentiment the Boys shared with PEOPLE after the show. “We’ve grown up with him and still he has that spunk he had when he was six,” Howie Dorough said. Nick, meanwhile, said his little brother “killed it! … I told him that he needs to remember that it’s not how you start, but how you finish.”

Come Together: They used to be rivals on the record charts in the ’70s, but Marie Osmond and Jermaine Jackson teamed up to cheer on Donny Osmond, whose cha cha with Kym Johnson received the season’s first standing ovation. Later, during the salsa relay dance, Osmond came out on top, proving he could more than follow in Marie’s Dancing footsteps (she finished third in season five). After the show Donny told PEOPLE that his sister signed some words of support to him before he went on. “We know sign language because two of our brothers are deaf,” Donny explained. “She signed to me after my first dance, ‘You were great. Smile more.’ Osmond says he was touched his friend Jackson could come to the show. “It was so cool to have him here,” he said.

Buff Daddy: While most people drop weight on Dancing, pro Tony Dovolani has been packing on the pounds — nearly 20 — since the end of season 8 in May. Dovolani, whose twins turned one earlier this month, tells PEOPLE he’s in training for a role in the upcoming independent film Pumping Up. Shooting stars in December and Dovolani has been working out every day. “I eat like a horse, five or six times a day, and I drink protein shakes, I eat protein bars,” he says. “Right now I’m 192. Usually I’m at 175.” In the movie, Dovolani plays “a character getting ready for a bodybuilding competition. He’s an Italian guy from Queens.”

Injury Update: What’s a new season of Dancing without running down the roster of injuries? Tom DeLay was diagnosed with a “pre-stress fracture” on his right foot last week. “I’m hurting,” said the Texas pol, who changed into special orthopedic booties after the show to keep his toes flat. Like many contestants on this show, DeLay is “doing things he’s never done before in his life. There’s a cumulative wear and tear,” his doctor tells PEOPLE. Meantime, Kathy Ireland is recuperating from a gash she got while surfing in Santa Barbara two weeks ago. Mya received stitches after cutting her hand on, and Carter is seeking treatment after experiencing a bit of knee pain.

Scaredy Cats: The show’s opening number was quite the grand entrance as the eight male pros descended from the ceiling on scaffolding. “I was scared wreckless,” Alec Mazo confesses. Even tough guy Maksim Chmerkovskiy couldn’t wait to get his feet firmly on the ground. “I did not like that at all, and Mark [Ballas] was shaking and rocking the [scaffolding],” Chmerkovskiy says. “I am so glad that is over. Never again.”

It’s Ladies Night: Nerves are building for the women, who will take their turn on Tuesday night. After sitting through Monday’s two-hour show, Olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin tells PEOPLE, “I’ve been antsy all day.” Debi Mazar says when she gets nervous, “I think of what Maks has told me during the rehearsal process.” His advice? “Do exactly half of what you do at practice because all of the adrenaline and nerves in your body will bring you back up to 100 percent.” Meanwhile, Kelly Osbourne is trying to keep things into perspective: “I’m just going to go out there and try to have fun.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/22/mondays-dwts-what-you-didnt-see-14/

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009, 06:30:48 PM »
We watched Mark Dacasco and Lacey dance last night and I hadn't caught who he was till I read it here. My hubby and I kept trying to place him.  :groan:  He was mesmerizing, I barely noticed his partner. 
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2009, 02:25:03 AM »
Ladies' Dance Scoring Results:

Debi/Maksim
Salsa                        6     5     5      16

Melissa/Mark
Viennese Waltz            6     6     6       18

Mya/Dmitry
Viennese Waltz            8     5      8       21

Kathy/Tony
Salsa                         6     5      5       16

Natalie/Alec
Salsa                         7     6      6       19

Macy/Jonathan
Viennese Waltz           6      4      5       15

Joanna/Derek
Salsa                        8      8      8       24

Kelly/Louis
Viennese Waltz           7      8      8       23

RELAY DANCE

FOXTROT

Debi/Maksim           3rd    6

Kathy/Tony            4th   4

Natalie/Alec           2nd   8

Joanna/Derek         1st   10

CHA CHA CHA

Melissa/Mark          3rd    6

Mya/Dmitry            1st    10

Macy/Jonathan       4th    4

Kelly/Louis             2nd    8

COMBINED SCORES

Debi/Maksim           22
Melissa/Mark          24
Mya/Dmitry            31
Kathy/Tony           20
Natalie/Alec           27
Macy/Jonathan       19     
Joanna/Derek         34
Kelly/Louis             31

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2009, 07:43:17 AM »
some more morning updates -

Dancing with the Stars

DWTS Blog: Ashley Hamilton Gets Lowest Scores Since SAT
September 22, 2009
As I approach the stage my heart pounds like it’s going to rip right out of my chest. The room seems huge at first, but starts to get smaller as I walk down the stairs. My heart pumps faster, I can almost taste it … just then I hear my dad’s voice, ”Just drink a Red Bull and smile.” I definitely do not need a Red Bull at this moment. But I do need to smile and remember to have fun. Even though this is an elimination show, I have already won. The worst thing that can happen after you get eliminated is you go to Jimmy Kimmel — not such a bad consolation prize if you think about it. But I’m not planning on going home anytime soon … I hope! I hear our introduction and the music starts. Everything you’ve learned with regard to technique and counting has to go out the door. It is now time to trust in your weeks of hard work, and have fun.

I remember my first live performance at school (it was during that same year that I got my arm caught in the vending machine while trying to steal cookies). There was going to be a talent show and all the parents were invited. I decided I would do comedy! A perfect choice for someone who spends most of his time by himself. I decided to learn a Jackie Mason routine. It started like this: “I went to a psychiatrist once, I did. He took a look at me and right away said this is not you. If this is not me then who is it? I don’t know, the doc replied. Well if you don’t know, what do I need you for? I didn’t get to finish the joke because when I approached the stage, I started to relieve myself in my white nylon suit!!! People were laughing alright, but not at the Jackie Mason skit.

My parents are in the audience again, but I am hoping to have a different outcome. Thirty seconds into the dance, I forget what foot goes where, but engage with Edyta and I have the time of my life! It was so exciting and it’s not even over yet…there will be one more dance, the salsa. Cue the music, we come on first. Even though it is only 20 seconds, it seems so much longer and I know we have to make this one count!!! We both give it our all! We are done!

Wow … I haven’t seen scores that low since my SATs. Even though the judges were harsh, it was just good not to be judged in a court of law. Even though I took more hits than Chuck Liddell did in the octogon, I feel like I accomplished a lot. I have truly come a long way from the boy at camp — and I owe it all to my amazing dancing partner, my parents’ love and support, and ABC for giving me this amazing opportunity.

Now myf ate lies in the hands of the people who vote! But this is so much fun and it’s so nice to be working again. And in the great words of my father, “Please don’t send me back to performing on the cruise ships!” –Ashley Hamilton

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/22/dwts-blog-ashley-hamilton-gets-lowest-scores-since-sat/#more-17370

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2009, 08:06:31 AM »
Dancing with the Stars

Dancing with the Stars‘ Ladies’ Night!
September 23, 2009

Tuesday night was ladies’ night at the ballroom. While there was no open bar, there was a two-dance minimum, just like the male contestants had on Monday’s performance show.

Known for her tough-talking on-screen persona, Debi Mazar opened the night with a less-than-commanding salsa, earning just 16 out of a possible 30 points.

The audience felt actress Melissa Joan Hart, TV’s Sabrina, The Teenage Witch, was mildly magical performing the Viennese waltz with Mark Ballas, but the judges thought otherwise and scored her a devilish six-six-six, for a total of 18 points.

Singer Mya and Dmitri Chaplin got a standing ovation — and caused the evening’s first rift — for their Viennese waltz. Carrie Ann Inaba shouted, “Way to set the bar tonight!” But a cranky Len Goodman slammed the performance, saying it was “a theatrical hodge-podge.” Bruno Tonioli retorted — as only Bruno can do — and declared, “that was artistry in motion! The girl was magnificent! This is where the show takes off!” The crowd rallied behind Bruno, drowning out Len’s vehement protests about the validity of their waltz. Carrie Ann and Bruno gave the couple eights, but a still-testy Len only awarded them five points for a total of 21.

Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani’s salsa was deemed “far too careful” by Len. Bruno told the former swimsuit model and mother of three she didn’t sell the dance. “Sex, sex, sex” is what the salsa is about, he said. Sixteen points is all the judges could muster.

Olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo made a splash with their salsa, so much so that Bruno deemed her worthy of the nickname “the Million Dollar Mermaid.” Carrie Ann called her “a diamond in the rough,” but an agitated Len scolded the pair, saying the salsa lacked the sexy and steamy elements. The duo landed a respectable score of 19.

Who’d have thought Macy Gray would do such a lovely Viennese waltz? Carrie Ann dissed her technique, but praised the singer’s charm. Len said if he were watching at home she’d get his vote. She and partner Jonathan Roberts received a 15.

Model Joanna Krupa finally gave Len the sexy salsa he’d been craving, which earned her and partner Derek Hough the evening’s highest score — a 24.

But in true Dancing fashion, the best was saved for last with Kelly Osbourne’s elegant Viennese waltz. It was impossible for her parents, Ozzie and Sharon, to keep a dry eye while watching her glide like a princess across the parquet floor. The performance was the season’s first moment to remember, and was appropriately rewarded with a score of 23 from the judges.

But like the men did on Monday, the women squared off in two groups of four for the dance relay. Kathy, Joanna, Debi and Natalie hit the floor for the fox trot. Joanna nailed it once again, earning the first place spot and the 10 points that come with it. Second place went to Natalie, who got eight points; third and six points went to Debi, and fourth place to Kathy, who picked up four more points. Kelly, Macy, Melissa and Mya performed the second relay, a cha cha. Mya and Kelly received first and second place, respectively. Melissa’s solid performance earned her third place, leaving Macy in fourth.

The final tallies for Tuesday night are:

Joanna: 34
Kelly: 31
Mya: 31
Natalie: 27
Melissa: 24
Debi: 22
Kathy: 20
Macy: 19

Wednesday night two contestants — one male and one female — will be eliminated on the live results show, which airs on ABC at 8 p.m. –Monica Rizzo

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/23/dancing-with-the-stars-ladies-night/#more-17389

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2009, 10:42:50 AM »
My elimination predictions for tonight

Tom/Cheryl

Macy/Jonathan

My early favorites after week 1:

Aaron/Karina
Mark/Lacey
Joanna/Derek
Kelly/Louis

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2009, 11:27:21 AM »
Tuesday’s DWTS: What You Didn’t See

Family Affair: For weeks, Kelly Osbourne has been thinking about having her parents, heavy metal rock legend Ozzy and the sassy America’s Got Talent judge Sharon, sitting on the sidelines while she performed on Dancing with the Stars. No matter what, she knew the tears would flow. “I want to make my dad proud, for once. I think it’s going to shock him because he’s never seen me do anything like this,” she said. “Every time he thinks about it, my mom says he starts to get really emotional.” By the end of her thrilling performance Tuesday night, there was not a dry eye in the house. After the show, the wild-child-turned-young-lady only had one goal: “I can’t wait to see my parents!”

Music Royalty: In addition to the Osbournes, who were sitting ringside, there were a couple of extra famous family names watching the show’s festivities. A day after their brother watched pal Donny Osmond perform the fox trot, LaToya and Randy Jackson were sitting two seats down from the Osbournes. They greeted each other with hugs and kisses. And then moments before the show started, Marie Osmond — a DWTS alum Donny’s sister — ran across the dance floor to greet the Jacksons with a warm hug.

Snack Attack: Since it was ladies’ night on the dance floor, the men were able to relax and watch the show. Sitting side-by-side, snowboarder Louis Vito and football pro Michael Irvin shared a bag of gummy worms. Even former politician Tom DeLay was spotted dropping a worm into his mouth. At one point, all the guys were munching on something. “Candy, gummy worms and peanut M&Ms, and cookies and Altoids,” says Vito of his evening snacks. “It’s like watching a movie. How can you watch a movie without something to eat?”

High Heels: Kathy Ireland never wore heels. The former supermodel, who graced the cover of Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Issue three times, says she was a cover girl, not a runway model. “I grew up in Santa Barbara. I grew up on the beach,” she says. “You never saw me on the runway.” Ireland, who performed the cha cha Tuesday night, says her feet were doing fine despite having to break in her dancing shoes. “Kelly [Osbourne] was kind enough to share some Band-Aids with me today.”

Say What?: The Grammy-award winning singer Macy Gray had everyone on their toes, even the producers. After her first turn on the dance floor, Gray was asked how she felt. “I feel like I just busted my cherry.” While viewers struggled to figure out what she said, the audience roared with laughter. Tom DeLay was spotted wiping away tears from laughing so hard. A source added that backstage was no different: “Everyone was laughing, from the designers to production assistants!”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/23/tuesdays-dwts-what-you-didnt-see-10/

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2009, 11:49:12 AM »
Macy Grey looked/talked like she was totally stoned thru the whole thing.  She was a crack up to watch but I bet she goes home tonight.  Loved that Kelly Osbourne did so well.  She actually looked pretty!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2009, 06:42:24 PM »
For those who don't want to go back and track it down, I am predicting that either Ashley or Michael will be going home tonight. I think Tom DeLay will be treated better by DWTS voters than he treated the American public.

On the female side, the performances by a hot Joanna (doing the salsa no less), Mya and a surprising Kelly were the highlight, but my favorite is Natalie, who did very well and who I expect to make major improvements.

I didn't get a good sense of the potential of Melissa or Debi. It's too soon to tell with them.

I did get a good sense of the potential of Kathy and Macy, which is not much. One of them will go home tonight and the other one of the next several weeks.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2009, 10:29:07 PM »
So we had two eliminations tonight, one from the men and one from the women. The last 2 onstage for the men, as predicted, were Ashley and Michael. Ashley was eliminated. The last 2 onstage for the women, as predicted, were Kathy and Macy. Macy was eliminated because she demonstrated the least dancing talent. Neither Michael nor Kathy can rest on their laurels because both probably will be eliminated in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Earlier I said some nice things about Kelly, who danced really well. She is likely to be seen only in flowing gowns with her arms covered, as her huge arm tattoos do not make a positive impression on the home audience voters.

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2009, 08:01:09 AM »
Dancing with the Stars

Dancing’s First Casualties Revealed
September 24, 2009
And then there were 14! After the first two nights of competition, Ashley Hamilton and Macy Gray were the first male and female contestants kicked off Dancing with the Stars‘ season 9.

“I hope my dancing career lasts longer than my marriages [to actress Shannen Doherty and model Angie Everhart],” Hamilton joked before the competition began.

But a fox trot on Monday with pro partner Edyta Sliwinska earned the actor just 15 points from the judges. Although Len Goodman praised his footwork, Carrie Ann Inaba thought he lacked showmanship. The couple also finished last in the salsa relay.

“Even though the judges were harsh, it was just good not to be judged in a court of law,” he joked in his DWTS blog.

“I had a lot of fun,” Hamilton told PEOPLE just after the elimination. He received hugs from his parents, season 2 contestant George Hamilton and Alana Stewart. “My dad said to me, ‘There’s worse things in life than to get kicked off Dancing With the Stars,’ and he’s right.”

What’s next for Ashley? “Probably not any acting roles that require dancing,” he joked.

On Tuesday, Gray, who had just completed a European tour before competing on the show, danced a waltz. The judges appreciated her unique charm and vulnerability on the floor. And although she only scored only 15 points — and also finished last in her salsa relay — Goodman said if he were at home, he’d vote for her.

“I had a good time,” Macy said after the elimination. “It’s been cool. I learned a little bit about dancing. Ballroom isn’t my calling, but I learned a little bit and I had a good time.”

Her partner Jonathan Roberts, who toured with her so they could rehearse, said, “She’s turned into a ballroom dancer and I’m so proud of her.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/24/dancings-first-casualties-revealed/#more-17486

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2009, 11:19:24 AM »

Dancing with the Stars

Lacey Schwimmer Will Miss Macy Gray on DWTS
September 25, 2009

Ballroom may not have been her “calling,” and her Viennese waltz was more bizarre than beautiful, but ousted DWTS celeb Macy Gray did manage to make a few fans along the way off the parquet.

“I think Macy should have stayed around,” pro Lacey Schwimmer told PEOPLE at the Surrogates world premiere in Hollywood on Thursday. “I thought that she was a breath of fresh air for the show. She was the new and improved Cloris Leachman.”

Fans, especially DWTS purists, may not see comparisons to the dance-challenged Leachman as the highest form of praise, but then again, Schwimmer has always been one that has “danced” outside of the ballroom box.

“Cloris was entertaining beyond belief,” she said, “and I feel like Macy Gray had that potential to be that entertaining thing for the show.”

With the immensely colorful Grammy winner gone, the question now is, who will step up and carry the Leachman torch for the rest of the season?

“Tom Delay,” Schwimmer said without hesitating. “Backstage he’s hilarious and a lot of people don’t get to see that side of him.”

As for the more pressing needs of her own partner, Iron Chef America host Mark Dacascos, Lacey’s lesson plan is a bluntly simple one: “Hurry up and get the choreography!” Though the duo placed third on the men’s side, Schwimmer feels far from safe and no closer to a disco ball on her mantel.

“He’s the cutest thing in the entire world,” she said, catching a quick breath before listing her partner’s DWTS flaws. “But he’s such a slow learner! The main problem is, he’s never really preformed before. You have to entertain the audience and then entertain through a camera to millions of people … Mark needs to smile and breathe.” –Reagan Alexander

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2009, 08:27:15 AM »
Dancing with the Stars

Macy Gray on DWTS: ‘I Thought We Did Really Good!’
September 26, 2009
Though her waltz didn’t wow and Macy Gray and partner Jonathan Roberts failed to make it to Week 2, the Grammy-winning singer still sees a sequined lining in the dark cloud of DWTS elimination. Gray spoke to PEOPLE about why she did Dancing, what she takes away from her experience and who she thinks is going to win Season 9’s mirror-ball trophy. — Reagan Alexander

Some say you weren’t that into the show in the first place. Have you gotten over the disappointment of being the first female off the show?
Not yet. I think there are different parts to disappointment, and I have a few more to get over, but then I’ll be okay. I was really, extremely disappointed, but at the same time, I think I’m going to be okay.

You said, “We need to revolutionize the waltz.” What did you mean by that?
It’s too rigid, and you have to hold you neck and shoulders and arms in a certain way. The thing about dancing is that it’s so much about self-expression, movement, and letting go. I just thought that we could incorporate that in the waltz, maybe bring it into this century.

Was it harder than you expected?
No, because I thought we did good! I honestly don’t think we deserved the score that we got, and I thought we did really good. We were really pressed on time, but that’s not an excuse because we were ready, and I was actually really excited about coming back and doing better the next week. But it wasn’t meant to happen.

You have a new album coming out early next year. Will there be a ballad dedicated to either Len or Bruno on it?
(Laughs) No! Maybe there’s something there. I doubt it, but you never know!

You mentioned that you did the show for your mom. Is she a big fan of the show?
I didn’t actually do it for her, but she’s the one that talked me into it. She always tells me to be adventurous and to try new things and grow and have fun. She just thought it would be good for me on a spiritual and mental [level], and would be another opportunity for a life lesson, and she was right. I learned a lot and I lost a ton of weight. I even learned a little bit about ballroom dancing.

What life lesson did you take away from DWTS?
Just to keep challenging yourself and trying new stuff. It’s about doing things that you never thought you would ever do. I never thought I would do Dancing With the Stars, and I ended up doing it this year. You’re going to get older but you don’t want to grow old, so you need to keep trying new things.

Have you had a chance to talk to Jonathan since you left the show?
We’ve talked a couple of times. Jonathan and I have actually become pretty good friends. That’s another great thing about doing the show, because I met a lot of great people that I normally wouldn’t have met. I didn’t think I would be around forever, maybe two to three weeks, but for the time that I was there I got a whole lot out of it.

You did the Viennese waltz and the cha-cha-cha. Was there a dance that you were looking forward to learning?
Yeah, we were going to do the tango next week and I really wanted to do that one. I just told Jonathan that the week we had to do the quick step was going to be the week that we got fired. One thing that the judges told me was that my technique was horrible, so I was really excited about focusing on my technique, and not so much on the choreography.

Now that you’re out of the Mirror Ball mix, who do you think is going to win this season?
It’s either going to be Mya or Aaron Carter. It just seems like they’re both dancers and they have great partners, especially Mya. She’s got a beautiful partner. He is so fine!

Craig Sjodin/ABC

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/26/macy-gray-on-dwts-i-thought-we-did-really-good/#more-17630

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2009, 02:39:35 AM »
Week 2 Dancing Scoreboard

Joanna/Derek     Jive          6      7      7       20

Natalie/Alec     Quickstep    7      7      7       21

Chuck/Anna      Tango        6      7      6       19

Melissa/Mark      Jive          7      6      6       19       

Michael/Anna   Quickstep    7      7      6       20

Debi/Maksim      Tango       7      7      7       21

Louie/Chelsie      Jive         6      7      6       19

Aaron/Karina   Quickstep    9      9      9       27