Author Topic: 'Restaurant' Fails to Deliver Viewers  (Read 2888 times)

Theresa

'Restaurant' Fails to Deliver Viewers
« on: May 01, 2004, 11:47:37 PM »
'Restaurant' Fails to Deliver Viewers
Apr 27, 2:51 PM EST

As a reality TV star, Rocco DiSpirito isn't nearly in the same league as Donald Trump or Boston Rob.

"The Restaurant," the colorful Mark Burnett-produced series set in a Manhattan dining establishment, failed to make a smash in its second-season debut. It reached only 6.5 million viewers, or less than a third of the regular audience for "Survivor" and "The Apprentice."

Fox apparently has a hit on its hands with its makeover series, "The Swan," which had the network's highest ratings outside of "American Idol" and "24."

Counting down to its final episode, "Friends" drew 22.6 million viewers to its episode last Thursday.

Six of the 10 most-watched programs last week were seen on Thursday night.

CBS won the ratings week, averaging 11.7 million viewers (7.8 rating, 13 share). NBC was second with 11 million viewers (7.3, 12), but won among the 18-to-49-year-old viewers sought by advertisers.

Fox had 8.8 million viewers (5.6, 9), ABC 7.1 million (4.7, 8), the WB 3.4 million (2.3, 4), UPN 2.8 million (1.9, 3) and Pax TV 910,000 (0.6, 1), according to Nielsen Media Research.

NBC's "Nightly News" won the evening news ratings race, averaging 9.5 million viewers (6.6 rating, 14 share). ABC's "World News Tonight" had 8.5 million (6.1, 13) and the "CBS Evening News" had 6.8 million (4.9, 10).

A ratings point represents 1,084,000 households, or 1 percent of the nation's estimated 108.4 million TV homes. The share is the percentage of in-use televisions tuned to a given show.

For the week of April 19-25, the top 10 shows, their networks and viewerships: "American Idol" (Tuesday), Fox, 23.4 million; "Friends," NBC, 22.6 million; "American Idol" (Wednesday), Fox, 21.2 million; "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," CBS, 21.2 million; "CSI: Miami," CBS, 21 million; "Survivor: All-Stars," CBS, 21 million; "Friends" special, NBC, 20.3 million; "ER," NBC, 19.8 million; "Law & Order," NBC, 17.2 million; "Will & Grace," NBC, 16.4 million.

http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=156827

CindiLou

Re: 'Restaurant' Fails to Deliver Viewers
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 04:15:13 PM »
I like the Restaurant. I liked it the first time too but I am thinking Rocco has become passe.

His fifteen minutes are almost up.  ::)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 11:01:23 AM »
From Tv Guide~
DON'T TELL MAMA: NBC has lost its appetite for The Restaurant -- at least
for now. The network has pulled the low-rated reality soap from its Monday
lineup for the remainder of May sweeps. Crossing Jordan repeats will likely
air in its place. Rocco will return later this month, when ratings no longer
matter.

CindiLou

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 06:24:38 PM »
Oh my, I was going to watch tonight. Rocco will be humiliated at this turn of events.

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 10:30:45 PM »
Oh, I will just be glad to catch up on the crossing Jordon episodes I missed. :-)
Snickers
Did you miss me?