Author Topic: Last Episode?  (Read 72673 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Last Episode?
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2009, 07:45:23 PM »

:yess: :jam:

The “Race” is on: CBS’ Emmy-winning “The Amazing Race” doesn’t start its 15th run until Sept. 26, but the round-the-world reality series hit Southern Nevada last week for the season finale.
  The WRP Group (short for Worldrace Productions, we presume) pulled a Clark County film permit to shoot Aug. 6-8 at McCarran Airport and at various Strip locations, including a pedestrian bridge and the iconic Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign.
  According to the Internet’s Reality Fan Forum, the final leg of the show’s international odyssey stretches from Prague to Las Vegas. (Interim stops include Tokyo, Dubai and Stockholm, online posters report.)
  The show’s message board included an e-mail last week from the “TAR detective team,” who had “excellent reason" to believe the finale leg was “in or near Las Vegas,” with possible “tasks in the desert” as part of the climactic episode.

source

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2009, 08:16:21 PM »
 :waves: Nice. It would be interesting to know the "various Strip locations." I have no experience with that office, so I don't know how friendly they are to public record requests (they obviously supplied something to the reporter). "tasks in the desert"--back to Pahrump, perhaps?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2009, 08:57:31 PM »
:waves: Nice. It would be interesting to know the "various Strip locations." I have no experience with that office, so I don't know how friendly they are to public record requests (they obviously supplied something to the reporter). "tasks in the desert"--back to Pahrump, perhaps?
We were looking in the wrong desert  :lol: ! We were close though with the Mojave dang it! And this before the race officially started.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2009, 09:16:16 PM »
Here is what Google Maps tells me:

McCarran Airport to Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign: 4.4 miles
Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign to MGM Grand: 2.0 miles
MGM Grand to Caesar's Palace (rumored finish line, right?): 1.3 miles

Just going off of what has been brought up as stops along the way. Since we don't know what chapel they were at (and they seemed to go to the MGM from there) I threw in a few different options.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2009, 09:22:39 PM »
Wait a sec...the tasks in the desert? They are quoting me... :-[ :-[
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2009, 09:34:43 PM »
Wait a sec...the tasks in the desert? They are quoting me... :-[ :-[
  A little devil leaked the info from us to the lvrj but it wasn't me :sera: :word:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2009, 10:49:40 PM »

Since the beginning location was tipped off by finding the filmimg permit for the Los Angeles River, I've tried digging around the Nevada Film Commission, the Las Vegas and Nevada government websites and now the Clark County government website (didn't think of them earlier) and I can't find any online records of filming locations or street closures.  I'm not saying the information isn't there somewhere, but I couldn't find it.  :(  It would certainly help identify what the detour and roadblock might have been.

Since we've more or less confirmed that filming was done at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign, I'll point out that there isn't much there except the sign and it's in the median of a busy highway. See http://lasvegassignphotos.com/ for some photos of the sign. A few show the surroundings. My suspicion is that Phil probably did a stand up to introduce the location once the racers opened the envelopes and learned the final location. I expect that no detour or roadblock took place there - possibly that could have been the location of the first clue box.

Plaidmoon

« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:00:23 PM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2009, 11:43:21 PM »
... at McCarran Airport and at various Strip locations, including a pedestrian bridge and the iconic Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign.

They really like pedestrian bridges don't they:

Sao Paulo
all stars just before the cookies
more ... ?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
  • There is reason to fear;Squall (the first) is here
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2009, 11:17:32 AM »

Since the beginning location was tipped off by finding the filmimg permit for the Los Angeles River, I've tried digging around the Nevada Film Commission, the Las Vegas and Nevada government websites and now the Clark County government website (didn't think of them earlier) and I can't find any online records of filming locations or street closures.  I'm not saying the information isn't there somewhere, but I couldn't find it.  :(  It would certainly help identify what the detour and roadblock might have been.

Since we've more or less confirmed that filming was done at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign, I'll point out that there isn't much there except the sign and it's in the median of a busy highway. See http://lasvegassignphotos.com/ for some photos of the sign. A few show the surroundings. My suspicion is that Phil probably did a stand up to introduce the location once the racers opened the envelopes and learned the final location. I expect that no detour or roadblock took place there - possibly that could have been the location of the first clue box.

Plaidmoon

Well i agree with you about that the vegas sign was probably a stand up; but usually when Phil does a stand up for the final clue; its usually kind of done at the finish line. I suspect a detour or roadblock stand up because usually TAR tries to do those type of stand ups in front of monuments or other good areas (or occasionally at/near the actual area of a task)

(BTW you all rock here; long time lurker, first time poster)
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Host: The Mole: South Eastern Sabotage
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2009, 12:47:50 AM »
:welcome2: to RFF Squall!! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
  • There is reason to fear;Squall (the first) is here
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2009, 02:23:09 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF Squall!! :waves:

Thank you. I've been a TAR fan since Season 2 episode 4.  :jumpy:
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Host: The Mole: South Eastern Sabotage
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2009, 09:48:20 AM »
It still bothers me that the only teams which have been actually spotted and filmed in Sin City are the two teams we think are active (very active) decoy teams: The Globetrotters and Father/Son with the green shirts and pink hair.  Where are the final three teams?  Nobody has at least a phone pix?

VegasSinner at first says that "three teams" arrive together at the Airport and later at the wedding chapel, but does not describe the teams until much later.  He does not say that he has actually seen them.  And it would be easy to just describe the remaining teams just by reading the RFF threads. And he does include as one of the three teams at the chapel one of the decoys, the Father/Son team .

And wouldn't it be a sketch to have the final tasks somehow related to CBS's most popular drama series: CSI  which is also set in Las Vegas?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2009, 11:12:18 AM »
And he does include as one of the three teams at the chapel one of the decoys, the Father/Son team .

I know of no such post where VegasSinner describes the the Father/Son team at the chapel :waves:, where are you reading this Gman?

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2009, 01:57:23 PM »
The Father/Son team was mentioned as being at the chapel in posts #47 (8/9) and which he quotes northO's post of #35 (8/8)  and seems to agree with the fact that F/S were at the chapel.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 02:01:58 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »
Gman the quote was North's not VegasSinners

You say you saw the three teams then? What did the other two look likes besides the father/son?

I'm downloading a map of the MGM right now. It could be useful in determining where at the hotel the race ended.

You say you saw the three teams then? What did the other two look likes besides the father/son?

It was very hard to tell, they arrived all at the same time, so very unclear who is teamed up with who.  There were four Males, and two females, one was black.
I think was a Male/Male team, then a Male/Female team, and a Male/Black Female Team, but not totally sure.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2009, 02:50:22 PM »
I remember when these posts went up and feared that it would spawn confusion   :groan:

Nobody should write:  "You say you saw the three teams then? What did the other two look likes besides the father/son?"  without reference to the original post.  Because VegasSinner never did say anything about the Father/Son team.  The sentence causes the misinterpretation that VegasSinner talked about the Father/Son team when it never happened. 

And just because VegasSinner did not correct the erroneous assumption does not mean they agree to it.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2009, 03:19:48 PM »
Exactly.

VegasSinner has been nothing but helpful. What she said is clear. She never said anything about the father/son or seeing the Harlems.

It was very hard to tell, they arrived all at the same time, so very unclear who is teamed up with who.  There were four Males, and two females, one was black.
I think was a Male/Male team, then a Male/Female team, and a Male/Black Female Team, but not totally sure.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2009, 04:46:47 PM »
Exactly.

VegasSinner has been nothing but helpful. What she said is clear. She never said anything about the father/son or seeing the Harlems.

It was very hard to tell, they arrived all at the same time, so very unclear who is teamed up with who.  There were four Males, and two females, one was black.

Sorry for possibly asking a dumb question ('cause I have a lot of catching up to do!), but this means we don't know the exact F3 teams, right? Or do we?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2009, 05:48:48 PM »
Exactly.

It was very hard to tell, they arrived all at the same time, so very unclear who is teamed up with who.  There were four Males, and two females, one was black.

Sorry for possibly asking a dumb question ('cause I have a lot of catching up to do!), but this means we don't know the exact F3 teams, right? Or do we?
Brian & Ericka Meghan & Cheyne and insert Male/Male team with good odds that its Zev & Justin Dan & Sam as the majority believes that the Globe Trotters and Father/Son are running decoy in Vegas <<< with all 5 teams already spoiled as our final 5 :tup:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:23:32 AM by puddin »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2009, 04:08:30 PM »
Exactly.

Brian & Ericka Meghan & Cheyne and insert Male/Male team with good odds that its Zev & Justin as the majority believes that the Globe Trotters and Father/Son are running decoy in Vegas <<< with all 5 teams already spoiled as our final 5 :tup:

Thanks, puddin. :tup:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline VegasSinner

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2009, 03:06:01 AM »
Hey, thanx Peach!  I tried to explain as best as I could.
And, since my last post, I confirmed with my friend that works
at the MGM hotel, the teams definately headed there from
the chapel.

Exactly.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2009, 10:24:41 AM »
Thanks again VegasSinner  :tup:

Offline VegasSinner

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2009, 07:14:48 PM »
Thanks again VegasSinner  :tup:

My Pleasure.  I seen that the teams were announced...can't wait for the show to start!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2009, 11:05:02 PM »
Not in a really good place to post, but here's just a little additional information on Vegas:

Passed by the Hollywood Chapel and the previously mentioned Chapel of the Bells on the Strip, negative response from both. The gentleman at the Chapel of the Bells says he recalls a production crew about a month and a half back (filming both outside and inside the chapel), but later adds that it was probably for a poker advertisement.

Checked with a few security officers at the MGM, they genuinely seem not to know anything about the filming of a reality show. The concierge says they get lots of film crews around and can't tell for sure, but suggests the CBS Television City if it's The Amazing Race is passing through.

And Boingo and Chateau have got it, the shots are taken in the spots they said they were on the north side of the Rialto Bridge...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:17:19 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2009, 11:31:25 PM »
Neobie, you get around!! :lol:

AND A BIG WELCOME TO THE USA!!! We are thrilled to have you on this side of the world for awhile! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule: