Author Topic: TAR 15 in the Media  (Read 60794 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 15 in the Media
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2009, 09:57:09 PM »
"a highly combustible husband wife tandem"  --- uh oh, poor Brian & Ericka  :ascared :lol:
Where could we find 2000 animals? How about a Duck farm?

Ok so BVM was talking about Lance and Keri BUT they were engaged when the show was filming NOT married yet so bad bad BVM

from this article
-Keri and her aggressive lawyer-fiance Lance. (“He’s so combustible. He whacked a piece of wood so hard, he opened his hand.”)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2009, 01:18:47 AM »
 :lol: Hey, I don't think we ever played "Where did they take the racer promo pictures?" for season 15 yet.  As we all know, TAR14 promo pix were taken at CBS Television City (front entrance, and area by sat dishes in back).

Season 15 may have been taken in a few different places.  At least one of the locations may be at the CBS Studio Center in L.A.  The sat dishes seem to match the ones at the Studio Center.  Might they have been taken near the Bungalow area overlooking the sat dishes and the concrete lined river beyond?   ;D  Perhaps.   ;)  OK, I'm bored... how many mud pits can you look for in a day...   :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2009, 01:22:36 AM »
We need you in the EP1/2 thread Boingo!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2009, 01:25:00 AM »
A small depression/gully with some things nearby: a stream? bungalows? reserved parking?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2009, 01:31:24 AM »
A small depression/gully with some things nearby: a stream? bungalows? reserved parking?

:yess:  I just saw that bridge at CBS Studio Center Map.  

It's Bungalow 19   :jumpy:  Confirmed.   :jam:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 01:38:25 AM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2009, 01:41:47 AM »
Nice job guys  :yess:  :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2009, 02:02:16 AM »
And when you get a free minute we could use your help here Boingo and Slowhatch  ;D

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,20498.175.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2009, 11:53:20 AM »
AXN's promo, nothing TAR15 but still pretty cool

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2009, 12:48:21 AM »
I just got a heads up! The Early Show Saturday edition is having a segment "inside The Amazing Race"  :jumpy: Oct 10th

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2009, 06:27:17 AM »
Of course! I have NO Internet that day! :meme

Upload it please?? :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2009, 10:40:20 AM »
Of course! I have NO Internet that day! :meme

Upload it please?? :kuss:
I'm going to record it, its one of the only days I get to sleep in :D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2009, 05:41:34 PM »
I just got a heads up! The Early Show Saturday edition is having a segment "inside The Amazing Race"  :jumpy: Oct 10th

Heres the scoop, and I have to wonder if its a 1 time contestant deal or will we have a team each week? Nice to see the ES have TAR contestant interviews again no matter.

SATURDAY MORNING ON THE EARLY SHOW

INSIDE THE AMAZING RACE -- Week three on the CBS hit "Amazing Race", and the Race's oldest team came up short. Computer dating couple Marcy Maloy (who is 60) and her boyfriend, Roy Shalita (59) took way too much time solving a word challenge in Vietnam. We'll find out what went wrong, and how the Race ultimately impacted their relationship. We'll also get the inside scoop on what it's really like behind the scenes on the show

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2009, 12:14:18 PM »
I'm watching Marcy & Ron on the Saturay Morning show, its a new segment they will have the eliminated team each week  :yess:

when asked who they would like to see in these chairs next week Marcy replies
that they are not happy that Sam and Dan called them grandma and grandpa now that they have seen the race. 
Ron tells us that we have no idea how physically demanding it is and how hot an humid it was in HCMC.
Ron is happy with his editing , he was steamed but he was shown as layed back.

Ill see if I could make a video, if not hopefully CBS puts it up online.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2009, 11:40:10 AM »
This is a great interview with Zev & Justin.  The address the 1st place prize.....Zev rejected it because he doesn't drive.

---------
Amazing Race's Justin Takes the Blame for Losing Zev's Passport
Link: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Races-Justin-1010806.aspx

For the second time in three seasons, a lost passport did in a team on The Amazing Race. Friends Zev Glassenberg, 26, and Justin Kanew, 30, went from leg winners to disqualified racers after Zev's passport went MIA. "We saw [the season] when Toni and Dallas lost theirs. I guess misery loves company," Justin tells TVGuide.com. "I'm glad we weren't the only idiots!" So where and how did they lose the passport? Find out below, and see if Zev really is a duck whisperer.

TVGuide.com: In the Elimination Station clip, you retrieved the passport at the U.S. Embassy and figured out the passport fell out in a temple. What happened?
Justin: Yeah, the clue that took us to the monkey Roadblock said you had to be quiet when you're around the monks, so we assumed we had to go inside the monastery. It was really dark in there and I reached into my fanny pack to pull out a headlight and it must've slipped out then. When they told us where they found it, we realized what happened. It was so dark [the camera guys] couldn't even get what happened. It was probably 15 minutes after we checked in that we realized it was missing. But I take the blame!

TVGuide.com: You guys were so calm then and throughout the whole show. How did you keep your cool after that went down?
Zev: We were just doing our own thing and having fun with it. That's the way we ran our race. We didn't want to get angry or anything. Sometimes things just happen.
Justin: Zev was more calm than I was — and it was his passport. We wanted to avoid the pratfalls of having animosity toward each other, so we went to therapy with Zev's shrink before the race and talked about how we were going to cooperate and I think it really worked. One of the things we said was that no matter what happened, we would be good to each other and keep calm. That was the only thing we could control. I think also you could tell when we got back out there we knew it was over for us. There wasn't a lot that could hold you up for too long on the leg.

TVGuide.com: Other than the end, you ran an awesome leg, going from second-to-last to first. What contributed to that?
Justin: Our strategy, which we didn't really plan, but it was to get a local to stay with us the entire leg. We did it pretty much every leg except for the duck whisperer one. It paid off on this one because we got this great cab driver who knew where we were going and was fast. That's just the luck of the draw the whole race — getting a good cab driver or a slow cab driver. Most of the time we got slow ones, but we were blessed with a good dude that day.

TVGuide.com: They didn't announce a prize for you guys. Was that edited out because you eventually got eliminated?
Justin: It was probably the line of the episode, but it got edited out. We won motorcycles and after Phil told us, Zev goes, "Motorcycle?! I can barely drive a car!"
Zev: What am I going to do with a motorcycle? My mom's not going to let me drive a motorcycle.
Justin: I don't think anyone's ever rejected a prize before, but that's what he did. But I don't think we'll be getting those motorcycles. I don't think you'll be seeing us riding on [Highway] 1 with wind blowing in our hair.

TVGuide.com: You can go on All-Stars and win more prizes.
Zev: Yes! Start the campaign now!

TVGuide.com: Why did only a few teams recognize Jackie Kennedy in the photo?
Zev: I did! Not Justin though. Just Zev! [Laughs]
Justin: Yeah, I didn't. Zev's good like that. I don't know why, but since I didn't, I can't really talk down to anybody. ... I didn't think it was Queen Elizabeth, so that's good!

TVGuide.com: You guys came into this as the "feel-good story" because Zev has Asperger's. Were you OK with that label?
Zev: I just went along with it and did my thing. I've had Asperger's since I was 11 and it's who I am. It didn't weigh on me at all.
Justin: One of the amazing things that's come out of this that has been totally overwhelming has been this outpour[ing] of love and support from people with Asperger's, parents of people with Asperger's about how inspired they are and how they love seeing our relationship and all that. For us, that just made the whole thing more than we thought it could be.

TVGuide.com: Zev, are you really a duck whisperer?
Zev: The tape does not lie!
Justin: People have been asking if he's really that good with ducks and the answer is a capital "yes." I could not believe what I was seeing, especially since there were all these people struggling with this. I thought we were in trouble and then it was like he was whispering to these ducks. He could've told them what to do without the flags and they would've done it. He was just calm and cool. He's great with kids too. He just relates to other living things on this level that some people can't.
Zev: I love to eat duck, so they were probably afraid I was going to eat them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2009, 08:17:32 PM »
Zev and Justin will be on the The Early Show (CBS) Saturday morning LIVE! :wohoo:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2009, 08:24:07 PM »
I still have Marcy and Ron on the ES from last Saturday on DVD, I can't remember how to capture it to my PC ..some cable switching I think .....  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2009, 08:30:51 PM »
I would love to see that! Is it different from how you do a commercial? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2009, 09:50:25 PM »
I would love to see that! Is it different from how you do a commercial? ???
Yeah its recorded to a DVD because I was too lazy to wake up at 9am on a Saturday  :snicker:

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2009, 04:07:26 PM »
CBS has just issued a press releasr bundle that includes a press release on the highlights of the November sweeps month (link) to the CBE Press Express website (click on press bundles link and look under October 27  to download the Word document.):

Quote from: from CBS
Sunday, Nov. 8   THE AMAZING RACE (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)   —While racing through Stockholm, one unlucky team faces a speed bump and, for the first time in the series' history, teams return to the site of an infamous roadblock.  Phil Keoghan hosts.

There's also this for the Estonia leg, which a mod can move when there's a thread for it:
Quote from: from CBS Press Express site
Sunday, Nov. 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)   THE AMAZING RACE
—Teams travel to Estonia and decipher a message in an ancient brotherhood lair and then slog through the bogs to play a wild muddy game of volleyball.  Phil Keoghan hosts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2009, 08:04:34 PM »
A Chevy Moment

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2009, 10:23:47 PM »
Goodbye Beemers, Hello, Chevys?
-- theschnauzers

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2009, 11:36:47 PM »
The commercial aired at an odd time, I think it was between Gary Unmarried and New Christine but still a nice shout out to TAR, they have been airing the EP11 promos often today.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2009, 05:43:09 AM »
Not really TAR, but interesting...

Dubai in trouble financially??

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091127/ap_on_bi_ge/ml_dubai_debt
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2009, 10:21:24 AM »
Absolutely true. What I read months ago somewhere on RFF was a reference to housing values being about half what they were in boom times and all new projects being dead in the water due to no funding, the by-product of Dubai's financial crisis.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 04:29:16 PM by apskip »