Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 244499 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #625 on: September 09, 2009, 09:03:16 PM »
The photo on the left has what we're guessing is a pretty darn good photochop of the TAR cluebox. But why someone would go through all this trouble is beyond me.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #626 on: September 09, 2009, 09:12:10 PM »
Well damn!

Now I have to edit my promo!   :ascared

Heeee....insert WEBCAM instead.

Nice job walking pneumonia!! :)

:tup: Thanks, WP. This actually makes the job more interesting, because somebody went to a lot a trouble to make this.

Someone also went to a lot of trouble to make a fake Mauritius website as well.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #627 on: September 09, 2009, 09:59:43 PM »
We always knew that some season they would lie to us (TAR12). We knew that someday the introcaps would go away (TAR14). And someday, maybe this season, maybe in the future, we'll be attacked by squads of trolls armed with baskets filled with red herring.  

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #628 on: September 09, 2009, 10:35:11 PM »
Arithmetic has never been a strong suit for Bertrand van Munster. However, it we take him at his word, that means that Israel was not the ninth country. The 8 for sure (and not counting the United States) are:

Japan
Vietnam
Cambodia
UAE
Netherlands
Sweden
Estonia
Czech Republic

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #629 on: September 09, 2009, 10:40:17 PM »
We always knew that some season they would lie to us (TAR12). We knew that someday the introcaps would go away (TAR14). And someday, maybe this season, maybe in the future, we'll be attacked by squads of trolls armed with baskets filled with red herring. 

So true...I STILL wish the route had 12 or 13 legs, always over 50,000 miles, with more than 10 countries every season.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #630 on: September 10, 2009, 12:55:20 AM »
Please let the switchback be baskets on the back of bicycles in Vietnam.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #631 on: September 10, 2009, 12:59:22 AM »
Oh good one graytex!  :jumpy:

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #632 on: September 10, 2009, 07:13:07 AM »
BVM says:
...a visit to the world's tallest building and a spicy twist on a Japanese game show. 

...spicy... hmmm, a wasabi challenge so soon...  :funny:

That reminds of The Simpsons episode "Thirty Minutes over Tokyo"

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #633 on: September 10, 2009, 07:25:54 AM »
Is there any evidence that the teams went through a leg in Bangkik or Thailand this time?  I was under the impression teams only used Bangkok as a connection to Dubai.

And the season three roadblock was infamous to many of us who were around to watch season three, because of the role Flo played in causing the elimination of Derek ans Drew.

In fact, that one is my first guess for the Switchback/

The question then is which other roadblocks you listed could be near enough to the locations the teams were near to be feasible within the time frames that have been developed for this season.

I see it the same way the Schnauzers does. The most infamous ROADBLOCK in past seasons in those countries is locating the cyclos and then the the ferry crossing the river with cyclos in Ho Chi Minh City. The activities themselves are fairly innocuous, although making essentially a random search in an unknown (to the racers) place can be very tricky. The infamy of this ROADBLOCK regarded the actions of Flo. Was she out to screw Derek and Drew or was that the inadvertent result of giving accurate information to Ken and Gerard? She and Zach are the only ones who can answer that question and it is unlikely they will reveal any motivation.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #634 on: September 10, 2009, 09:18:56 AM »
Watch it!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline alittlebird

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #635 on: September 10, 2009, 02:09:58 PM »
Maybe they had time to sneak a 12th leg in there somewhere.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #636 on: September 10, 2009, 02:24:18 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, alittlebird!!

I have kinda been wondering the same thing...

Anywhere in particular?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #637 on: September 10, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
Is there any evidence that the teams went through a leg in Bangkik or Thailand this time?  I was under the impression teams only used Bangkok as a connection to Dubai.

And the season three roadblock was infamous to many of us who were around to watch season three, because of the role Flo played in causing the elimination of Derek ans Drew.

In fact, that one is my first guess for the Switchback/

The question then is which other roadblocks you listed could be near enough to the locations the teams were near to be feasible within the time frames that have been developed for this season.

I see it the same way the Schnauzers does. The most infamous ROADBLOCK in past seasons in those countries is locating the cyclos and then the the ferry crossing the river with cyclos in Ho Chi Minh City. The activities themselves are fairly innocuous, although making essentially a random search in an unknown (to the racers) place can be very tricky. The infamy of this ROADBLOCK regarded the actions of Flo. Was she out to screw Derek and Drew or was that the inadvertent result of giving accurate information to Ken and Gerard? She and Zach are the only ones who can answer that question and it is unlikely they will reveal any motivation.

I heard somewhere that Flo didn't deliberately screw Derek & Drew.  She most likely thought they were on their way to the Pit Stop and so she blurted the accurate info out to Ken & Gerard.  As for Ken & Gerard -- they knew it was between them and the Twins and since Derek & Drew were young and strong while Ken & Gerard were out-of-shape, there's no way the brothers would give the twins accurate info until it was too late.  Why should they -- they'd be eliminated if they did so!

Belle Book
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 03:45:10 PM by Belle Book »

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #638 on: September 10, 2009, 07:08:50 PM »
BVM says:
...a visit to the world's tallest building and a spicy twist on a Japanese game show.  

...spicy... hmmm, a wasabi challenge so soon...  :funny:

That reminds of The Simpsons episode "Thirty Minutes over Tokyo"

Acually,it reminds me of,

HAI!!!MAJIDE!!!!
Wait...only 1 all female teams??
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #639 on: September 10, 2009, 07:47:03 PM »
Belle Book, I talked to Flo, Drew, and even Ken and Gerald about that roadblock at TARCON 3, so I'm well aware of what went down.  Regardless of how it exactly went down, the point still is that that particular roadblock task was one of the most difficult roadblocks in TAR history and Flo's actions made it infamous. We know that the teams were in Ho Chi Mihn City, so the question remains what other roadblocks in past seasons did this Race have the opportunity to go to those exact same locations, which is one of the elements that have been described for the "Switchback." I'm not ruling out other possibilities, but from what I've seen so far about this season's Race course, the TAR 3 roadblock in HCMC fits the requirements.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:05:33 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #640 on: September 10, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »
I talked to Flo, Drew, and even Ken and Gerald about that roadblock at TARCON 3

Such a lucky dog!   :jumpy:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #641 on: September 10, 2009, 07:56:31 PM »
I thought that particular Roadblock was deemed as "the most difficult" Roadblock because of Flo's meltdowns. -_-

The most challenging Roadblock has got to be TAR 5 Final 4 (Linda and Karen) elimination one. :(

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #642 on: September 10, 2009, 08:02:49 PM »

IIRC, that task was in the second Vietnam leg of TAR 3, and took place at a small villlage near Hue, in central Vietnam.  I don't believe there's been any indication that the teams went near Hue this time around.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #643 on: September 10, 2009, 09:39:41 PM »

And it was a detour.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #644 on: September 10, 2009, 09:51:04 PM »

And it was a detour.

Yea, i remember the baskets and the bikes and i was wondering why everyone was talking about it as a Roadblock.

The haybales task, on the other hand.. seems like a more viable option. :groan: (:;)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #645 on: September 11, 2009, 01:27:48 AM »
The Masada sunrise wasn't the only photo "lifted." The hostel photo at the bottom of the page is taken from here (unless Stephan Cohen and Phillip Salzman are the same person, which I doubt).

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #646 on: September 11, 2009, 01:31:21 AM »
Why couldn't they have both the cyclos and the haybales? That'd be fun. :funny: And I'd prefer it if they did the cyclos Roadblock with TARA 3's chaos. (Henry/Bernie/Sam/Vince/Ida/Tania/AD/Fuzzie/Geoff/Tisha/Mai/Oliver/Niroo/Kapil/Pailin/Natalie cyclo madness <3<3<3<3 - best. TARA. cast. ever.)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #647 on: September 11, 2009, 02:25:39 AM »
On the topic of the boot order: If nine teams made it to the Cambodia leg (Brian & Ericka, Meghan & Cheyne and Sam & Dan are the supposed F3; Gary & Matt, Herb & Nate and Tiffany & Maria are the supposed 4th-6th placers; Zev & Justin, Canaan & Mika and supposedly Lance & Keri are last spotted in Phnom Penh), does it mean that either:
a) two of the two Japan & Vietnam legs are actually two parts of one TBC leg, which means there are only 10 legs in total? :groan:
or
b) one of the two Japan & Vietnam legs is a NEL?
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Acoustic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #648 on: September 11, 2009, 03:07:20 AM »
i actually looked at the picture with zev and justin in cambodia and the backpacks just don't seem to match for me....
They looked more like Sam and Dan's bags.

I'm not sure but if peach says they made it then i guess they made it  :duno:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #649 on: September 11, 2009, 11:28:24 AM »
i actually looked at the picture with zev and justin in cambodia and the backpacks just don't seem to match for me....
They looked more like Sam and Dan's bags.

I'm not sure but if peach says they made it then i guess they made it  :duno:
I honestly can't make out the team in red from jeini_mama's photo, we have nothing to go on except for what the witness wrote and we know teams change clothes so a team wearing red is not conclusive either way and could you point me to the photo that your speaking of Acoustic ?

Some photos ..
from jenimama
two Caucasian men wearing red, with black backpacks and that was when I realized that they were filming Amazing Race show

if you look closer, you can see two Caucasian men wearing red with black backpacks.