Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 243950 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #600 on: September 09, 2009, 11:22:52 AM »
the tallest building has to be the one in Dubai .. can't remember what its called at the moment

I put a picture of it in my promo!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #601 on: September 09, 2009, 11:25:38 AM »
Although the definitions can get a little fuzzy (see here), I agree the Burj is what was mentioned.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #602 on: September 09, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »
And for the infamous Roadblock I would suggest the pole vaulting over the slews outside Amsterdam.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
« Reply #603 on: September 09, 2009, 11:28:26 AM »
the tallest building has to be the one in Dubai .. can't remember what its called at the moment :P

It's the Burj Dubai!

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #604 on: September 09, 2009, 11:31:58 AM »
And for the infamous Roadblock I would suggest the pole vaulting over the slews outside Amsterdam.

I agree it could only be that or a Roadblock done in Vietnam from TAR 3..

Though the most infamous Roadblock still had to be the one in Xian!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #605 on: September 09, 2009, 11:59:57 AM »

The Vietnam Roadblocks weren't that memorable (fish nets, flower selling, rock climb - teams struggled, yes, but not that infamous), so if the RB's from Vietnam, then it has to be the cyclos. I stand by my Sweden haybales theory (and the Netherlands pole vault works too). I can also count the scarab RB in Egypt, the meat RB in Argentina or the lock RB in China.

spanning eight countries
  huh?

1) Japan
2) Viet Nam
3) Cambodia
4) UAE
5) Israel
6) Netherlands
7) Sweden
ocho) Estonia
9) Czech Republic

And, no mater how you slice it (Israel or not) this does lot leave any room for a country fitting in between Japan and Viet Nam

So now the question is, which of these countries was just used as a stopover? All the nine countries have had tasks featured, so unless it was either a typo, I don't get which country is not really a destination. :duno: (Fun fact: TAR 14 visited 8 countries as well - of course not counting the US - on the span of 22 days - based on Wiki.)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:15:28 PM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #606 on: September 09, 2009, 12:06:34 PM »
Israel is not solid , I guess we'll know when the Map comes up? although I'd like to figure it out before then.

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #607 on: September 09, 2009, 12:10:59 PM »

The Vietnam Roadblocks weren't that memorable (fish nets, flower selling, rock climb - teams struggled, yes, but not that infamous), so if the RB's from Vietnam, then it. I stand by my Sweden haybales theory (and the Netherlands pole vault works too). I can also count the scarab RB in Egypt, the meat RB in Argentina or the lock RB in China.

spanning eight countries
   huh?

1) Japan
2) Viet Nam
3) Cambodia
4) UAE
5) Israel
6) Netherlands
7) Sweden
ocho) Estonia
9) Czech Republic

And, no mater how you slice it (Israel or not) this does lot leave any room for a country fitting in between Japan and Viet Nam

OMG I completely forgot that Haybale Roadblock! Yes it had to be one of the most memorable Roadblocks ever!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #608 on: September 09, 2009, 01:08:24 PM »
From the press release:

For the first time, one team will be booted at the start of the trek, and racers will have to tackle the Switchback, a new twist that sends teams back to one of the series' most challenging "roadblocks." Executive producer Bertram van Munster said the racers will set off from the Los Angeles River, then first head to Tokyo to complete several zany tasks.

Let's see what the roadblock possibilities are for the countries visited this time around (descriptions from wikipedia):

Season 1:

Kanchanaburi Thailand
"in the Roadblock one team member had to walk through a pit of tigers."

Not very exciting, but nerve wracking for the racers.

Bo Tor, Ao Luk Thailand
"The Roadblock was to paddle a kayak with the team and their luggage to a nearby cave with snorkling gear and their next clue."

Ho hum.

Season 2:

Ratchiburi Thailand
"one team member had to venture into a cave full of bats and retrieve their next clue from inside. "

Perhaps

Chiang Mai Thailand
"The Roadblock was to wash chalk markings off an elephants back until the judge was satisfied."

Boring and old hat. Wouldn't delay teams very long (a plus) and can be set up anywhere (another plus). Possible but I hope not.

Season 3:

Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam
"The Roadblock was to drive the other team member in cyclos through a marked path, over a ferry and to the pitstop."

Doesn't sound infamous to me.

Hoi An Vietnam
"The Roadblock was to use a fishing platform to raise a net out of the water with the clue dangling underneath."

Even less infamous.

Season 4:

Monnickendam Netherlands
"The Roadblock was to catch 25 eels and place them in a container."

This one could be fun and could be set up in any number of places. Possible.

Season 5:

Burj al-Arab Dubai
"The unaired Roadblock involved one team member to buying nuts in the market and delivering them to a ship."

No. If it wasn't worthy of being aired the first time, it's not infamous (except among us handful of fanatics).

Season 6:

Haagvik Sweden
"one team member had to unroll large bales of hay to find clues rolled up inside them. Out of 270 hay bales, 20 of them had clues."

Very infamous and a strong candidate. There are no doubt farms not far from Stockholm where it could be recreated. The only drawback is that it could cost a team several hours and I doubt TAR would do this unless a bunching point is present on the next leg. And the ferry ride to Talinn, Estonia could easily qualify as a bunching point.

Seasons 7 and 8: Didn't visit any Season 15 countries (except USA)

Season 9:

Lopburi Thailand
"The Roadblock required one team member to make a ceremonial feast for monkeys at the temple and give it to them during an annual festival. Following a demo that has already been set up. When it is finished and offered it to the monkeys, they would get their next clue."

Eh. I doubt it.

Fujiyoshida, Yamanashi Prefecture Japan
"The Roadblock required one team member to ride on three extreme rides in the Fujikyu Highland Amusement Park in the following order: The Pizza, Dodonpa, and Fujiyama. While riding the rides, they had to look for a man holding a sign. Upon completion of their third ride, they had to tell the park manager what was written on the sign to receive their next clue. If they didn't see the sign they would have to go on all three rides again."

They are already going to an amusement park in Stockholm. I can't see them going to one in Japan. Possibly they will recreate it in Stockholm, but if I start taking roadblocks from one country to another then this search gets way too complicated.

Season 10:

Hanoi Vietnam
"In this leg's Roadblock, one team member to choose a Vietnamese bicycles with a basket of flowers and sell enough to make at least 80,000₫ (dong VND - approximately USD $5). Whatever the money earned, they were allowed to keep the money they made."

Not very thrilling or memorable.

Ha Long Bay Vietnam
"This leg's Roadblock one team member to use a mechanical ascender to climb 90 feet (27 m) the sheer face of the rock, receive the clue and then rappel down. "

This was the one I thought of first. However, it would require travel time there and back. It was also grueling physically and TAR has really shied away from that in recent seasons. So, I doubt it.

Season 11: Didn't visit any Season 15 countries (except USA)

Season 12:

Ransdorp Netherlands
"one team member had to complete a single vault over a watery, muddy ditch (known as fierljeppen) and successfully touch both feet to the marshy grass on the opposite side in a regional sport known as ditch vaulting in order to receive their next clue."

Another very strong candidate. It can be set up anywhere that there's a swampy creek and doesn't require much in the way of expensive equipment. It also has a lot of pratfall humor and TAR has done that a couple of times each season recently.

Osaka Japan
"This leg's Roadblock required one team member to put on a hat and gloves as local cabbies do and transport a Japanese couple five miles through a maze of confusing, often one way streets to a specified address (the Osaka Central Post Office (Japanese)). They could not invite a local to lead them or join them in the car and the couple could not help them. Upon arrival at the correct address, the couple would hand them their next clue. However, the drivers would also have to make their way back to their teammate before they read what was inside."

Possible. It was challenging for the racers, but not that time consuming. It could be done in any Japanese city. I don't think it qualifies as infamous though.

Season 13:

Angkor Wat Cambodia
"In this leg's Roadblock, teams had to go into Angkor Wat and find an Echo Chamber where they had to beat their chest to hear the echo. They could then pick up a stone frieze displaying their next clue on the reverse."

Doubtful. It would require travel from Phnom Penh and it wasn't that memorable the first time.

Season 14:

Bangkok Thailand
"one team member had to put a propeller on a traditional Thai long-tail boat to receive their next clue."

No. Way too simple to be infamous.

I think it comes down to either the hay bale unrolling in Sweden or the ditch vaulting with pitchforks in the Netherlands. Since the hay bale roadblock went on for over 8 hours for Lena and Kristy in season 6 and they didn't finish it (Phil had to go there to eliminate them), I think it's more infamous. I'll guess that it's the hay bale roadblock.

Plaidmoon
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:14:40 PM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #609 on: September 09, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »
Is there any evidence that the teams went through a leg in Bangkik or Thailand this time?  I was under the impression teams only used Bangkok as a connection to Dubai.

And the season three roadblock was infamous to many of us who were around to watch season three, because of the role Flo played in causing the elimination of Derek ans Drew.

In fact, that one is my first guess for the Switchback/

The question then is which other roadblocks you listed could be near enough to the locations the teams were near to be feasible within the time frames that have been developed for this season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #610 on: September 09, 2009, 01:47:20 PM »
spanning eight countries
  huh?

1) Japan
2) Viet Nam
3) Cambodia
4) UAE
5) Israel
6) Netherlands
7) Sweden
ocho) Estonia
9) Czech Republic

So now the question is, which of these countries was just used as a stopover? All the nine countries have had tasks featured, so unless it was either a typo, I don't get which country is not really a destination. :duno: (Fun fact: TAR 14 visited 8 countries as well - of course not counting the US - on the span of 22 days - based on Wiki.)
[/quote]

Typo maybe my best guest, remember Season12 they said "2 new African countries" until Taiwan was the fifth new country.  Plus there might be more than meets the eye on the list: Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia, UAE, Israel, Netherlands, Sweden, Estonia, Czech Republic, and USA; that'll be 10 countries total.  So CBS was either misquoted like Season12's 2nd African country or what you said one might just be a stopover destination.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #611 on: September 09, 2009, 02:14:40 PM »
I had been holding off on posting this to see if the perpetrator of the fake Masada spoiler would further incriminate themselves - but here is what I think is proof that Masada/Israel is fake:
I found this photo on Flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/airogos/3441769374/

Which is the un-photoshopped version of this:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3oXiTkp0uI4/SneUr3JSzrI/AAAAAAAAAC8/PxWD88xM6pg/s1600-h/masadacluebox.jpg

I suspect the EXIF information on the photo on Stephan Cohen's blog has been altered to the correct time frame to fit our race.

Now I would love it if TAR 15 had gone to Israel - I lived there for a while - but I suspect it didn't happen this time around.  :'(

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 02:27:15 PM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #612 on: September 09, 2009, 02:34:41 PM »
I think what you have dug up is excellent work wp! Well done!  :yess: :yess:  :jam: :jam:

Here is the post with the info and photos from the original blog..

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,19088.msg440483.html#msg440483
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 02:39:55 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #613 on: September 09, 2009, 02:37:22 PM »
Well damn!

Now I have to edit my promo!   :ascared

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #614 on: September 09, 2009, 02:39:36 PM »
Well damn!

Now I have to edit my promo!   :ascared
SOB'S :D
What a find wp :gj: :jam:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #615 on: September 09, 2009, 02:40:09 PM »
BVM says:
...a visit to the world's tallest building and a spicy twist on a Japanese game show. 

...spicy... hmmm, a wasabi challenge so soon...  :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #616 on: September 09, 2009, 02:42:58 PM »
So 2 legs Dubai? Now it makes sense!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #617 on: September 09, 2009, 03:15:03 PM »
 :tup: Thanks, WP. This actually makes the job more interesting, because somebody went to a lot a trouble to make this.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #618 on: September 09, 2009, 05:06:58 PM »
Although the definitions can get a little fuzzy (see here), I agree the Burj is what was mentioned.

The Burj Dubai will not be opened 'til December 2nd just to inform everyone.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #619 on: September 09, 2009, 05:48:57 PM »
as well as a surprise appearance by one of America's most beloved entertainers
Wayne Newton?

Offline VegasSinner

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #620 on: September 09, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
Wayne Newton?

...and don't forget Elvis.   
Thank you, thank you very much.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #621 on: September 09, 2009, 07:30:41 PM »
Wayne Newton?

...and don't forget Elvis.   
Thank you, thank you very much.
haha Well I was thinking it might be someone thats among the living but from what you've shared with us VegasSinner  :ythat: :elvis:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #622 on: September 09, 2009, 08:08:29 PM »
Wayne Newton is a good guess. He has a large estate just a few blocks from the airport that could easily handle production, and his schedule was clear (at least as listed on his website) for July and August (video here).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #623 on: September 09, 2009, 08:20:09 PM »
Wayne Newton is a good guess. He has a large estate just a few blocks from the airport that could easily handle production, and his schedule was clear (at least as listed on his website) for July and August (video here).
One of my all time favorite Wayne Newton videos  :ot: :taze, okay I'll shut up now.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #624 on: September 09, 2009, 08:47:55 PM »
So 2 legs Dubai? Now it makes sense!

It does now. :tup: But I hate having two legs in one city, especially one visited before. :P

I had been holding off on posting this to see if the perpetrator of the fake Masada spoiler would further incriminate themselves - but here is what I think is proof that Masada/Israel is fake:
I found this photo on Flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/airogos/3441769374/

Which is the un-photoshopped version of this:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3oXiTkp0uI4/SneUr3JSzrI/AAAAAAAAAC8/PxWD88xM6pg/s1600-h/masadacluebox.jpg

I suspect the EXIF information on the photo on Stephan Cohen's blog has been altered to the correct time frame to fit our race.

Now I would love it if TAR 15 had gone to Israel - I lived there for a while - but I suspect it didn't happen this time around.  :'(

And call me stupid if you must, but I can't spot the difference. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!