Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 244539 times)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #475 on: August 06, 2009, 01:13:43 AM »
I was right about the all-male teams possibly making it very very far. :res:

Sigh, i anticipate a bad season. Not putting high hopes.

TAR 3 had 2 M/M teams in the F4 and it was arguably the best season.
TAR 6 had its only M/M team eliminated in Iceland and it sucked.

Isn't there usually an extended pit stop of some kind prior to the final leg? I know TARAS and TAR 12 had one, and I think TAR 13 and 14 had them as well.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #476 on: August 06, 2009, 01:14:09 AM »

Don't lower your expectations so soon, look on the bright side. The MM teams still left include:
Father/Son and Harlem Globetrotters! And that should mean at least one thing: 66% less bitching :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #477 on: August 06, 2009, 01:19:52 AM »

Don't lower your expectations so soon, look on the bright side. The MM teams still left include:
Father/Son and Harlem Globetrotters! And that should mean at least one thing: 66% less bitching :lol:
  :lol: :lol: :lol:

And nice gadget Slowhatch, the dudes in black look like ninja's  :ninja

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #478 on: August 06, 2009, 01:27:31 AM »

Isn't there usually an extended pit stop of some kind prior to the final leg? I know TARAS and TAR 12 had one, and I think TAR 13 and 14 had them as well.

You are only looking at the positive side. TAR 9 had 2 all-male teams winning almost every leg but 2 and coming in first and second consecutively for MANY episodes and it's arguably one of the worst seasons ever. TAR 4 had 3 all-male teams in the final 4 and it's also argubly one of the worst seasons which no one talked about.

As long as the remaining all-male teams don't ruin the season by doing a Nick and Starr or Marc or Rovilson OR Eric and Jeremy and BJ and Tyler.. i'm fine with it.

But with 3 all-male teams still in.. i daresay that they must have won all the legs in the previous legs to make it this far.. you can't have Dandrew always. :res:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #479 on: August 06, 2009, 01:37:12 AM »

You are only looking at the positive side. TAR 9 had 2 all-male teams winning almost every leg but 2 and coming in first and second consecutively for MANY episodes and it's arguably one of the worst seasons ever. TAR 4 had 3 all-male teams in the final 4 and it's also argubly one of the worst seasons which no one talked about.

As long as the remaining all-male teams don't ruin the season by doing a Nick and Starr or Marc or Rovilson OR Eric and Jeremy and BJ and Tyler.. i'm fine with it.

But with 3 all-male teams still in.. i daresay that they must have won all the legs in the previous legs to make it this far.. you can't have Dandrew always. :res:
So you believe the Poker girls had a very bad turn? I've always thought that in order to balance the teams better instead of casting normal MF and FF teams with weak MM, they should cast strong teams of each type
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #480 on: August 06, 2009, 01:39:27 AM »
I like balance too, strong FF, MM and co-ed is fine for me and that works, I think the whole Strong MM hate is silly, but that is my opinion and remember, I want a FF to win too!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #481 on: August 06, 2009, 02:08:08 AM »

So you believe the Poker girls had a very bad turn? I've always thought that in order to balance the teams better instead of casting normal MF and FF teams with weak MM, they should cast strong teams of each type

TAR 14 for example, is an extremely good cast. Mark and Michael can be considered fit, Brad and Victoria as fit older couple, fit all-male teams, fit siblings. The only team whom seemed to be able to be eliminated was Linda and Steve.. remember all the speculation?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #482 on: August 06, 2009, 02:23:48 AM »
I'm hoping for strong female teams like jamie/cara, kisha/jen

Kelly/Christy in TAR 13 were strong, but in their last leg, they were like begging to be eliminated. Mariana/Julia all but disappeared after the first leg in TAR 12. Christie/Jodi made too many mistakes in Amazing Race 14...

Offline abilify

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #483 on: August 06, 2009, 02:40:20 AM »
From http://twitter.com/Benji2TheRescue
On the ferry, we met these two guys who turned out to be college cheerleaders from the states. Mrs. Benji was all OVER them.
12:51 AM Aug 4th from web

Anyways, these guys had a camera crew shooting them. Totally surreal moment of the trip.
12:56 AM Aug 4th from web

And I'm not sure if this next one relates to those...
@Tessa2theRescue We asked one of the employees, said rumors were Amazing Race. Is that show even on the air anymore?
about 2 hours ago from web

It could only be the orange team if it was in fact TAR, right? Except of course if the older guy from the green team used to be a college cheerleader  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 02:49:08 AM by abilify »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #484 on: August 06, 2009, 03:34:24 AM »
^^ I read that, he was on a ferry with the teams so I assume it was the ferry to Tallinn he writes he was in Estonia at one point, he is on a Honeymoon in Europe, seems hes chatting with his sister on Aug 4th catching her up.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #485 on: August 06, 2009, 04:28:04 AM »
I'm hoping for strong female teams like jamie/cara, kisha/jen

Kelly/Christy in TAR 13 were strong, but in their last leg, they were like begging to be eliminated. Mariana/Julia all but disappeared after the first leg in TAR 12. Christie/Jodi made too many mistakes in Amazing Race 14...

Not really. Dandrew just got lucky Ken/Tina helped them. And Kelly/Christy had a real chance. If only Dandrew were on the same flight to Cambodia as Aja/Ty. :funny:

Gah, even here we're going off topic. :groan:

Anyways, the Prague sightings remind me of TARA 2. :funny: (I posted this, but I think I posted it in the spoiler thread, thinking it was the spec thread. :funny:)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #486 on: August 06, 2009, 05:05:39 AM »
I really hope they will go back to where they started like in TAR 9? Any chance for our detectives to find out if they will be heading back from where they started? :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #487 on: August 06, 2009, 05:50:43 AM »
A more secluded spot in Atlanta and easier to control unwanted crowds would be Swan House an Atlanta landmark. 

My all time top choice for an Atlanta start or finish location.

Okay, I am up and ready for action! Given the slightest hint they are coming my way...I can be at the airport in a flash! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #488 on: August 06, 2009, 06:15:31 AM »
A more secluded spot in Atlanta and easier to control unwanted crowds would be Swan House an Atlanta landmark. 

My all time top choice for an Atlanta start or finish location.

Okay, I am up and ready for action! Given the slightest hint they are coming my way...I can be at the airport in a flash! :jumpy:

Flying peach!! :jam: Better than apparating!! :jam: :neener:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #489 on: August 06, 2009, 08:27:49 AM »

TAR 14 for example, is an extremely good cast. Mark and Michael can be considered fit, Brad and Victoria as fit older couple, fit all-male teams, fit siblings. The only team whom seemed to be able to be eliminated was Linda and Steve.. remember all the speculation?

TAR14 had the best cast among the 14 seasons of TAR IMO too. They really had equal chances of winning.

P.S. If you have a different perspective than mine, please don't react bitching against me. Thanks.
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #490 on: August 06, 2009, 08:33:52 AM »

66% less bitching is 66% less entertaining IMO...

Teams bitching like Jaime in China, Hawaii and particularly every English and Non-English nation TAR14 has visited made it very entertaining.
Teams being a bitch like Tina during TAR13, Ron like in TAR12 made story lines so followed.

I'm hoping that Erika/Brian and Tiffany would provide quality entertainment in the whole race!  :tup:  :funny:

Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #491 on: August 06, 2009, 08:48:02 AM »

66% less bitching is 66% less entertaining IMO...

Teams bitching like Jaime in China, Hawaii and particularly every English and Non-English nation TAR14 has visited made it very entertaining.
Teams being a bitch like Tina during TAR13, Ron like in TAR12 made story lines so followed.

I'm hoping that Erika/Brian and Tiffany would provide quality entertainment in the whole race!  :tup:  :funny:

Teams bitching like Jonathan made TAR 6 unbearable, so it ALL depends on how they show us the teams on Episode 1.

On that note, imagine if the M/M teams were the ones bitching & the couples were Kris/Jon types. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #492 on: August 06, 2009, 08:51:54 AM »
I'm watching 3 flights from Prague today:

DL 63 to Atlanta - arrives 15:35 -
OK 50 to JFK - arrives 14:15 (currently 34 minutes late)
OK 102 to Toronto - arrives 14:03 (currently 27 minutes early)

I'll be waiting by the exit from immigration in Toronto... you just never know what could happen. :colors
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #493 on: August 06, 2009, 09:10:25 AM »
re Masada:

I just checked flights from Tel Aviv on the 30th.

There is a direct flight to Brussels dep110 arr 505 ish which could connect to a shuttle to AMS, wh actually arrived at 712  AM. So logistically tight, but possible?

July 27th should have been taskday/Pitstop in Dubai, allowing teams to depart Dubai on the 28th.

If Steffi saw them on the 28th, not the 29th afterall, could we still queeze this in?

Jusy don't want us to write this off as not TAR 15 prematurely...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #494 on: August 06, 2009, 09:16:18 AM »

I'll be waiting by the exit from immigration in Toronto... you just never know what could happen. :colors

I'd have to buy a ticket to somewhere to be on the concourse here ...but with the slightest clue I will! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #495 on: August 06, 2009, 09:20:03 AM »

I'd have to buy a ticket to somewhere to be on the concourse here ...but with the slightest clue I will! :jumpy:

ill be in manhattan at 2:30

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #496 on: August 06, 2009, 09:32:25 AM »

ill be in manhattan at 2:30

Don't forget to check out the car rental pickup areas too! Looking for cars with flags on them :yes:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #497 on: August 06, 2009, 09:51:57 AM »
Peach, just in case are you planning to check out ATL today wher Delta Flight 0063 is scheduled to arrive non-stop from PRG  at 3:35PM?  Even if they are connecting to another flight, they would have to come through the one International Arrival gate.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #498 on: August 06, 2009, 09:52:41 AM »
Almost bound to be taxis though right? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #499 on: August 06, 2009, 09:54:08 AM »
see the spec thread GMan! :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule: