Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 244493 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #425 on: August 04, 2009, 08:22:49 PM »
Could a Washington DC finish line be plausible?  :lol:

Not a good idea for Washington this time of year.  Hot and Humid Wednesday will be about 89F with thunderstorms in the afternoon.  Besides the city is chuck full of tourists with cell phone cameras this time of year.

I would go camp out at Dulles (15 minutes away) but tomorrow is chemotherapy day for me so I'm not going to be able to do much of anything.  I like the idea of Atlanta though, at least it would be a new ending city, right Peach?

I actually love the idea of Atlanta as a START location, there are several places that would be secluded but gorgeous, especially for a spring race.

There were some early rumors about NYC as a possible location....

Now...can we have some magic to figure out WHERE? :funny:

I can go...can you?  ???  :lol3:

if u come to nyc im coming with

I would count on it!! :yess:
:yess: :jam: :hearts: :casey

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #426 on: August 04, 2009, 08:32:39 PM »
I'm getting a timeline result that says the whole thing ends tomorrow!

Are we sure that the Prague activities did not happen already?   :duno:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #427 on: August 04, 2009, 08:35:07 PM »
Okay, Peach, as much as I would love to have the race end in your city I have to show that there is an interesting flight combination that would make for an awesome race to New York City.

For Thursday August 6th

here is your flight to Atlanta:
DL 63 leaving Prague at 11:00am and arriving ATL at 3:35 pm

But!  Instead, consider these flights to New York:

Czech Airlines OK 50 leaving Prague at 11:00 am and arriving JFK at 2:15 pm

And that is the loser flight.  The winners will manage to put this together:

Lufthansa LH 3267 leaving Prague at 6:00 am and arriving in Frankfurt FRA at 7:10 am.
 then
Air India AI 191 leaving Frankfurt at 8:05 am and arriving in Newark NJ EWR at 10:25 am.

I'm not saying it has to be this way but I like it!   :jam:

As a veteran of Air India, that's not a winning flight.  Loonnnnggggg lines, late departures, and a flight that was probably sold out months ago.   ;D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #428 on: August 04, 2009, 09:37:12 PM »
Production usually prebuys the tickets for the final leg.

I have no idea Chateau, anything is possible at this point. I think it is ready to happen but :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #429 on: August 04, 2009, 10:20:09 PM »
Let's imagine that the Prague leg is the penultimate one (next to last for those unfamiliar with that term). Then the final leg would be flights starting in Prague and continuing to the U.S.  I decided that it is useful to see which cities have nonstop service form Prague. Unfortunately, the answer is only JFK and ATL. Here are the flights for Friday Aug. 7:

PRG JFK DL209/OK5054 0930 1230 (and Thursday or Saturday)

PRG JFK OK050/DL8742 1100 1415 (and Thursday or Saturday; note - some versions have both times 5 minutes later)

PRG ATL none, although on Thursday and Saturday DL063/OK5088  1100 1535

Now, I do not expect a 11 leg race, so I believe the final leg will be no earlier than Sat. Aug. 8.

This lists only the nonstop flights. They are many possibilities for connections in Europe and both JFK and ATL can provide connections to all the major cities in the U.S. However, it is interesting to note the eqrliest possible arrivla time is 1230pm into JFK. Traditionally Amazing Race finales land early morning for minimum sighting potential.

NOTE - changes have been made to DL209 to reflect that Delta Airlines does not think it flies on thursday or Saturday. That's a reasonably authoritative source, one much more likely that my source to know what their international flights are.

I would die of joy if it was Atlanta.

But Apskip, puddin told you the race ends Aug 6, or less possibly 7. Believe it.

We need flights on the 6th!!

Peach,
Aug. 6 is a Thursday. Look more carefully and you will see that all 2 nonstop flights Prague to the U.S. on Thursday are mentioned.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 10:50:34 PM by apskip »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #430 on: August 04, 2009, 10:27:51 PM »
The problem is that it is wrong for Thursday August 6th.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 10:40:12 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #431 on: August 04, 2009, 11:18:14 PM »
There were some early rumors about NYC as a possible location....

Now...can we have some magic to figure out WHERE? :funny:

I can go...can you?  ???  :lol3:

I won't be surprised if we see them make a final leg similar to TAR8's, Canada - New York, could this be possible again?

Mooyou:
There a a lot of things that are possible but unlikely. This is one of them. There is a World Race Productions tradition that final leg flights from Asia or Europe are typically nonstop to a major U.S. city. The only times that has been violated was for AR5 when teams flew to Calgary before finishing up in Dallas/Ft. Worth.I don't really regard AR8 as a violation of that tradition because teams flew to Montreal from Montana, then took a hired plane from Montreal to Toronto before making the run down the lower Niagara River.

AR15 is likely to finish with either a nostop flight from Europe to the U.S., a connection in Europe to a nonstop flight or a conncetion in the U.S. from a nonstop flight to go to another major U.S. city (such as Prague ot JFK, then JFK to Pittsburgh just to pick an example)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:35:03 AM by apskip »

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #432 on: August 04, 2009, 11:32:59 PM »
I don't know what would make me more sick...if it ends in PA, if it ends in Pittsburgh at a spot where have speculated for a while now, or in my backyard.  As in backyard, I actually mean my folks backyard (it is big enough) on a morning where I'm not there.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #433 on: August 05, 2009, 01:33:22 AM »
This may be a speculation, I searched twitter with keywords Amazing Race Kyoto found a post from a user (stephietan).  I don't know if its legit but just to let you know.

-at Kyoto train station I saw video recording of amazing race! the contestants look really flustered!

the date says Aug 1 but what do you guys think of it?

:duno:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #434 on: August 05, 2009, 02:15:33 AM »
Kyoto? :wohoo: I always wanted the race to go there!

The city is easily accessible by Shinkansen (2 hrs about) from Tokyo. Plus, it has a whole bunch of UNESCO sites, and it's close to Osaka, which has Kansai and Itami airports.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:00:16 AM by Caelestor »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #435 on: August 05, 2009, 02:52:31 AM »
On August 1 teams were flying to Stockholm.

And I adored Kyoto....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #436 on: August 05, 2009, 04:26:58 AM »
This may be a speculation, I searched twitter with keywords Amazing Race Kyoto found a post from a user (stephietan).  I don't know if its legit but just to let you know.

-at Kyoto train station I saw video recording of amazing race! the contestants look really flustered!

the date says Aug 1 but what do you guys think of it?

:duno:
  :waves:

at kyoto train station i saw video recording of amazing race! the contestants look really flustered!
10:13 PM Aug 1st from web 
real live amazing race or tv amazing race stephie?
11:57 PM Aug 1st from web in reply to stephietan
i think it's TV amazing race
11:59 PM Aug 1st from web in reply to PuddinRFF

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #437 on: August 05, 2009, 06:55:50 AM »
I adore Kyoto too, even though it's been a few decades since I went there. Kyoto would be an excellent choice for the following reasons:

1. It is easily accessible from Tokyo by Shinkansen on Nozomi trains in about 140 minutes. Hikari trains are roughly 20 minutes slower than the Nozomi, while Kodama trains take about four hours.

2. Kyoto is the ancient capital of Japan. It is a beautiful city with many interesting temples. I remember it as much smaller but today it has a population of 1.5 million people (more than all but the 4 largest U.S. cities).

3. Osaka's Kansai International Airport is about 60 miles away. Kansai has flights to Taiwan and HoChiMinh City. The most logical flight is VN920 KIX SGN 1100 1420, a 5 hour 20 minute flight crossing two time zones going southwest.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #438 on: August 05, 2009, 06:59:12 AM »
Is South Korea confirmed as a possible location this season?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #439 on: August 05, 2009, 07:05:18 AM »
I'm not sure where that rumor originated? There was an entry on wiki but its no longer there  :snicker:
We think they went somewhere after Tokyo and before HCMC so .. lets of spec no sightings though?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #440 on: August 05, 2009, 07:06:55 AM »
I adore Kyoto too, even though it's been a few decades since I went there. Kyoto would be an excellent choice for the following reasons:

1. It is easily accessible from Tokyo by Shinkansen on Nozomi trains in about 140 minutes. Hikari trains are roughly 20 minutes slower than the Nozomi, while Kodama trains take about four hours.

2. Kyoto is the ancient capital of Japan. It is a beautiful city with many interesting temples. I remember it as much smaller but today it has a population of 1.5 million people (more than all but the 4 largest U.S. cities).

3. Osaka's Kansai International Airport is about 60 miles away. Kansai has flights to Taiwan and HoChiMinh City. The most logical flight is VN920 KIX SGN 1100 1420, a 5 hour 20 minute flight crossing two time zones going southwest.

No Kyoto...

puddin's post confirms that the woman was IN kyoto station when she saw a clip of TAR on the TV is all.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #441 on: August 05, 2009, 07:20:46 AM »

If they wanted to go to S. Korea, they should've started in Hiroshima/Fukuoka (quick boat ride to Busan).
Still hoping out for Kyoto (at least we get a new city in a past country)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #442 on: August 05, 2009, 09:30:21 AM »
Not sure if this will be an issue for teams flying back to the USA today, but it seems there have been some delays for flights leaving Prague today - notably OK760 - Prague to Paris is 1.5 hours late  :plane:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #443 on: August 05, 2009, 12:26:21 PM »
Peach:

That does not mean that you have disproved Kyoto as leg 2. It only means that Kyoto is no longer a prime candidate, but Kyoto is hardly out of the running. The logic for it is impeccable. Amazing Race 12 episode 9 was right on the edge of Kyoto without actually going there. It's overdue as is Hiroshima and Hokkaido.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #444 on: August 05, 2009, 12:32:27 PM »
Peach !

I want to go to Boston

This way:

British Airways BA 853 leaving PRG at 8:00 am arriving at LHR at 9:15 am
  then
BA 213 leaving LHR at 11:25 am and arriving BOS at 1:35 pm

Or this way:

Smart Wings QS 1010 leaving PRG at 6:50 am and arriving in Rome at 8:45 am
  then
Air One AP 614 leaving Rome at 10:15 am and arriving in Boston at 1:30 pm

Only five minutes apart: Now that is a good race   :jam:

These flights are for Thursday August 6th

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #445 on: August 05, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »
Haven't seen this here, but Masem at TWOP posted this:

Part of an addition to the TAR 15 article on Wikipedia that I had to remove due to lack of sourcing, but provided by user Awilmot there:

"On Wednesday August 5th, I have just seen 2 teams at Prague Castle, which was their pit stop. One pretty team (guy and girl in blue) and one all guy team (one with dyed hair)."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #446 on: August 05, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »
That makes me happy  :jumpy:

wiki time is GMT

So 16:42 is 7 hours ahead of LA time:  9:42 am
And 16:42 is 18:42 = 6:42 pm in Prague
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 01:12:52 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #447 on: August 05, 2009, 01:30:35 PM »
From wikipedia:  Prague Castle

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #448 on: August 05, 2009, 02:00:33 PM »
That would mean then that either the Harlems, or Erika/Brian, or the Orange team are eliminated in Taillen, and another one of them eliminated here, right?

Another comment on the river rafting: My sense was that there were professional kayakers in blue vests in and out of the shots. We also have a few shots of single backpack carrying persons running down the walkway next to the water, but could never be sure if they were production or racers. (You can run a long way from a camera in 2 minutes). But if there is ONE team member and ONE kayaker in each raft, then this is a Roadblock and not a Detour.

It is entirely possible that the other teams could have slipped past us during the 2 minute intervals, we occasionally saw what looked like a crowd down by the white water.

And I have at least one shot of a distant possible red shirted pair, but they could well have been production. I'll go look.

puddin has beautiful shots at very regular intervals, so we will need to go over those very carefully indeed.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #449 on: August 05, 2009, 02:36:48 PM »
I would love the Harlems and Team Orange to be 4th and 5th!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.