Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 244524 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #325 on: August 02, 2009, 04:44:17 AM »
Found an intriguing message on Twitter from qgchew who appears to be in Sheffield England.

There must be some treasure hunt/Amazing Race kinda thing going on outside. Lots on people running around aimlessly with backpacks & maps

Could be TAR, could be almost anything. I've tweeted back for more info, but I'll probably go to bed soon.

Plaidmoon

Update: I see Puddin is on it too and tweeted back before me. I hope I don't scare him off.
 :lol: :lol: This is how I earn the name "needs a life"  :-[

eta: well we tried

I'm in the UK. I doubt it's the Amazing Race. Too many contestants, around 80+ of them. Huge group!

I agree. False alarm.  :groan:  I really thought it sounded promising, but 80+ people? No way.

I think uycocoa is right, it's probably the Rat Race.  Here's another link for that: http://www.ratraceadventure.com/

Too bad. You could probably do an interesting detour or roadblock in the steel mills in Sheffield. I don't know if it's a scenic city other than that.

Ah well, the search continues...   :ele:  :ele:  :ele:

Plaidmoon

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #326 on: August 02, 2009, 04:48:38 AM »
Okay it thing called the amazing hunt in victory Ganda

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: August 02, 2009, 10:58:11 AM »
GO SO THEY ARE COME NERTHLAND ONE OF THE POEPEL IN COSANT SIGHTING IN ROMINA

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #328 on: August 02, 2009, 11:02:51 AM »
GO SO THEY ARE COME NERTHLAND ONE OF THE POEPEL IN COSANT SIGHTING IN ROMINA
AncaBS: the amazing race in romania [axn] http://bit.ly/t9mQp (expand)
about 1 hour ago from web · Reply · View Tweet
gridpulse: I'm watching an episode of The Amazing Race in Romania :)
about 1 hour ago from web · Reply · View Tweet

Offline IheartTAR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #329 on: August 02, 2009, 02:04:57 PM »
Yay. This is exciting. I hope the photos get posted soon. I really hope Jodah and Michelle are still around. If I could guess I would say it is:
1) The Poker chicks
2) The Harlem Boys
3) Michelle and Jodah
4) ???

As far as casting is concerned--> What kind of team would you want casted for the next season. Like what is your "dream team"?

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #330 on: August 02, 2009, 03:12:10 PM »
After Tallinn, teams would either take the ferry to Helsinki, Finland for a full leg (unlike the 1/2 leg in TAR10) or fly to somewhere else in Europe or to North/West Africa.  I researched flights between Tallinn and two approiate cities in Africa on Lufthansa via Frankfurt. (both flights departing August 4, in Estonia)
-Possibility 1: to Algiers, Algeria (LH3179/LH4122) departs 6:50pm, arrives 12:00pm on August 5
-Possibility 2: to Accra, Ghana (LH3179/LH566) departs 6:50pm. arrives 3:25pm on August 5
-Other Possible legs after Tallinn: Czech Republic, Germany, Latvia, Russia, and Slovakia.

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #331 on: August 02, 2009, 08:00:46 PM »
Here a list of Direct Flight from USA to Africa. So IF they go to Africa, they should most likely go here.

Delta Airlines and South African Airways fly direct to South Africa from New York, Washington DC and Atlanta (some via Dakar, Senegal). Delta also recently launched direct service from New York to Accra (Ghana) and Atlanta to Lagos (Nigeria).

EgyptAir flies direct to Cairo from New York
Royal Air Moroc flies direct to Casablanca from New York.
Ethiopian Airlines fly direct from Washington DC to Addis Ababa four times a week. You fly via Rome and briefly refuel, but you don't get off the plane.

Source: goafrica.about.com/od/adventuretravel/a/africaflights.htm
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #332 on: August 02, 2009, 08:07:08 PM »
With a single connection starting from Talinn, AR15 could go to any major city in Europe or Africa.

Here are the 24 flights (not counting to Stockholm or to Gothernburg since AR15 was previously in Sweden or to Vilnius since AR12 was there) in alphabetical order of the destination city which could be taken on Tuesday Aug. 4 out of Talinn:

Brussels        OV177 1815 1955
Copenhagen OV141 0640 0720
Copenhagen OV143 1255 1335
Copenhagen OV145 1810 1845
Dublin            OV201 2230 2350
Frankfurt       LH3179 1840 2010
Helsinki         AY3940 0615 0650
Helsinki         AY3922 0820 1850 
Helsinki         AY3926 1445 1520
Helsinki         AY3930 1755 1830
Helsinki         AY3932 2130 2205
London Gatwick OV101 1615 1715
Moscow         OV301  1325 1605
Oslo              OV137  1425 1505
Oslo              DY1067 2215 2255
Paris             OV171   0800 1010
Prague          OK879  1515 1625
Riga              BT364   0520 0615
Riga              BT312   1010 1105
Riga              BT366   0850 0845
Riga              BT312   1010 1105
Riga              BT314   1140 1235
Riga              BT316   1610 1705
Riga              BT362   2115 2210

Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Paris and Prague are all major airports with connections to other places in Europe as well as to Africa.

My personal hunch is that Copehagen will be visited for the first time in the leg following Talinn. Depending on whether there was a second leg in Dubai, that next leg will be either 9 or 10.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: August 02, 2009, 08:49:21 PM »
Here a list of Direct Flight from USA to Africa. So IF they go to Africa, they should most likely go here.

Delta Airlines and South African Airways fly direct to South Africa from New York, Washington DC and Atlanta (some via Dakar, Senegal). Delta also recently launched direct service from New York to Accra (Ghana) and Atlanta to Lagos (Nigeria).

EgyptAir flies direct to Cairo from New York
Royal Air Moroc flies direct to Casablanca from New York.
Ethiopian Airlines fly direct from Washington DC to Addis Ababa four times a week. You fly via Rome and briefly refuel, but you don't get off the plane.

Source: goafrica.about.com/od/adventuretravel/a/africaflights.htm

jerseydude,
Your information checks out pretty well. I took a search of the 9 largest airports in Africa looking for flights to JFK/EWR, IAD, or in selected cases ATL on Friday Aug. 7. Here are the results:
0 flights from Capetown, Nairobi, Addis Ababa (the one indicated above must not fly on Fridays), Abijian, Cairo, Accra and Dakar
1 flight JNB to JFK SA code-shared by UA
1 flight JNB  to IAD SA code-shared by UA
2 flights CAI to JFK DL and EgyptAir code-shared by UA
1 flight originating from Johannesburg which stops in Dakar before continuing to IAD
0 flights from Casablanca to JFK (the one indicatd above must not fly on Fridays)

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #334 on: August 02, 2009, 08:56:21 PM »
w find out when

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #335 on: August 02, 2009, 09:13:58 PM »
OMG! Look what i found, it might be unreliable though :duno:

http://www.mauritius1.webs.com/

Look at the the first square!

Hmmmm...is it possible time-wise? Would we finally get to see our aborted Mauritius AllStars Season 10 leg?? Hmmmm.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 10:42:31 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: August 02, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »
least africa

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #337 on: August 02, 2009, 09:19:57 PM »
Hmmmm...is it possible time-wise? Would we finally get to see our aborted Mauritius AllStars leg?? Hmmmm.

There was a planned Mauritius All star leg?

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #338 on: August 02, 2009, 09:21:48 PM »
umm but your not sure

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #339 on: August 02, 2009, 09:23:43 PM »
OMG! Look what i found, it might be unreliable though :duno:

http://www.mauritius1.webs.com/

Look at the the first square!

Hmmmm...is it possible time-wise? Would we finally get to see our aborted Mauritius AllStars leg?? Hmmmm.
It could fit between UAE and Netherlands
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #340 on: August 02, 2009, 09:25:45 PM »

There was a planned Mauritius All star leg?

Hate to break it to you!  Mauritius was visited on Season 10 on the 7th leg.  I really don't think the Amazing Race would return to a tiny African island country in the Indian Ocean, for the second time around.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #341 on: August 02, 2009, 09:27:02 PM »
actaul it was all-star

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #342 on: August 02, 2009, 09:30:50 PM »
actaul it was all-star

No it wasn't, Amazing Race All-Stars was season 11.  Go to Google, type in Mauritius, Amazing Race and you should understand more clearly.  So ignore the Mauritius rumor, it's a fake Okay!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #343 on: August 02, 2009, 09:37:44 PM »
actaul it was all-star

No it wasn't, Amazing Race All-Stars was season 11.  Go to Google, type in Mauritius, Amazing Race and you should understand more clearly.  So ignore the Mauritius rumor, it's a fake Okay!

You are right about season 10 not 11. But you don't know that is a fake yet.  Let's not be so dogmatic in what we say here. :angel:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #344 on: August 02, 2009, 10:00:37 PM »
Are we sure Israel's not filming yet? First leg: Masada to Mauritius? (If so, I like their route better than ours already...)

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #345 on: August 02, 2009, 10:01:44 PM »
actaul it was all-star

You are right about season 10 not 11. But you don't know that is a fake yet.  Let's not be so dogmatic in what we say here. :angel:

The reason I assumed its a fake is that the website lists July 27, but teams were still in Dubai on the 27th I think.  Plus teams were in the Netherlands on the 28th or 29th (can't remember which) and it would be impossible to fly from Dubai to Mauritius, on the July 27th and leave to Amsterdam the following day.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #346 on: August 02, 2009, 10:33:35 PM »

The reason I assumed its a fake is that the website lists July 27, but teams were still in Dubai on the 27th I think.  Plus teams were in the Netherlands on the 28th or 29th (can't remember which) and it would be impossible to fly from Dubai to Mauritius, on the July 27th and leave to Amsterdam the following day.
We have a timeline for a reason
;)
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,19223.0.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #347 on: August 02, 2009, 10:58:02 PM »
actaul it was all-star

The reason I assumed its a fake is that the website lists July 27, but teams were still in Dubai on the 27th I think.  Plus teams were in the Netherlands on the 28th or 29th (can't remember which) and it would be impossible to fly from Dubai to Mauritius, on the July 27th and leave to Amsterdam the following day.

See, this is what I mean? It is SO important here that we not discount any leads until they can be proved false. That is why we all try to say I believe, I think, I wish...when we aren't sure. As it happens, it IS possible flight wise to make that route on that dates: there is a flight from Dubai at 0300 that arrives 925Am.

But yes, in this case, it probably didn't happen unless we were to discount Steffi's sighting on the 29th in Dubai.

I just like us to at least consider ALL of the options carefully before we discard them. At this point we do not know 100% that there was a second leg in Dubai, although it looks very convincing so far.

So I would just ask that we be a little less hasty, and kinder in our choice of words. "Hate to break it to you", "It's a fake, okay!", and "It is impossible" don't encourage speculation, which is what helps us all on our spoiler quests.

:ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #348 on: August 02, 2009, 11:26:08 PM »
Are we sure Israel's not filming yet? First leg: Masada to Mauritius? (If so, I like their route better than ours already...)

Now THAT'S a great idea!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #349 on: August 02, 2009, 11:30:22 PM »

Now THAT'S a great idea!!
Then, who's to say it's not TARA? or that Goldrush thingie?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move