Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 244567 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2009, 12:56:13 AM »
Keep your hopes up LOL! I don't mind who wins as long as they arent epic boring!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2009, 03:18:46 PM »
http://myrealitytelevision.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/amazingrace15.jpg

I FIND PHOTO I THINK THIS ONE TEAM I CANT DO SAVE ANYMORE I THIN MY COMPUTER WOULD NO LET ME

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2009, 03:24:44 PM »
http://myrealitytelevision.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/amazingrace15.jpg

I FIND PHOTO I THINK THIS ONE TEAM I CANT DO SAVE ANYMORE I THIN MY COMPUTER WOULD NO LET ME
BEST SPOILER EVAH  :jam:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2009, 03:27:07 PM »
i just cant save so cant somebody o the [banned image hosting site] out as picyture i just do somebody look round so three photo team so we have idanfity
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 03:32:39 PM by puddin »

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »
It's just Jamie & Cara, Mark & Michael and Steve & Linda... :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2009, 06:24:43 PM »
It's just Jamie & Cara, Mark & Michael and Steve & Linda... :groan:
No comment  ;)

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2009, 06:26:24 PM »
dam it it least that are be trick here

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2009, 07:25:01 PM »
At least now we really know TAR 15 will be starting soon in Sept.. thanks zach!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2009, 07:28:53 PM »
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,18838.0.html

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race 15 spoilers, sightings & locations
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2009, 08:49:58 PM »
Does it make another Asia centric leg??

It looks to me like they're going...

Tokyo 1
Japan 2 - unconfirmed
Bali
HCMC
Phnom Penh
Dubai?

At last. No India...

I think they might visit an another middle east country.  The only safe ones left besides UAE are Qatar, Bahrain, and Jordan.  Hopefully we could see South Africa (Durban) Malawi, Uganda, or Rwanda later on the race!

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2009, 11:20:08 PM »
Just a speculation, what if Japan is only half of leg 1 and they visit another country for the other half of the leg.  The only other Amazing Race where they visited 2 countries on the first single leg was Season 1, to South Africa and Zambia!  Also it's possible they could take a bus from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh since I checked, it's a 6 1/2 hour ride including the border crossing and customs.  Taking a plane from Vietnam to Cambodia in one day is still possible as well.

DavidJunior

« Reply #236 on: July 26, 2009, 11:36:47 PM »

Tokyo 1
Japan 2 - unconfirmed
Bali
HCMC
Phnom Penh
Dubai?

At last. No India...

I think they might visit an another middle east country.  The only safe ones left besides UAE are Qatar, Bahrain, and Jordan.  Hopefully we could see South Africa (Durban) Malawi, Uganda, or Rwanda later on the race!

i may not have been paying quite close enough attention to the spoiler threads but, are we sure that Bali is a confirmed location?

i just remember losing them after the flights into and first task in tokyo, only to find them checking into the pitstop in HCMC...

it'd be cool if it was tho...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2009, 12:04:49 AM »
Bali is by no means confirmed. I too think we have another location between Tokyo and HCMC, but where that is is not yet known, or even IF that is all together correct.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2009, 01:40:09 AM »

Tokyo 1
Japan 2 - unconfirmed
Bali
HCMC
Phnom Penh
Dubai?

At last. No India...

Fifteen seasons and I'm still hoping TAR will go to Armenia. Could be possible from the UAE, plus maybe a leg in Turkey. Just speculating and hoping...
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2009, 01:57:44 AM »

Tokyo 1
Japan 2 - unconfirmed
Bali
HCMC
Phnom Penh
Dubai?

At last. No India...

Fifteen seasons and I'm still hoping TAR will go to Armenia. Could be possible from the UAE, plus maybe a leg in Turkey. Just speculating and hoping...

Armenia, not at the moment, they have problems; but Azerbaijan is safe!  Amazing Race needs to return to Italy and do a leg in Sardinia, Pisa, Genoa, Naples, Turin, Trieste, or Verona.  Bordeaux, Toulousse, and Lyons in France would be nice too, as well the tiny nation of Monaco!!!!

DavidJunior

« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2009, 02:32:13 AM »

Tokyo 1
Japan 2 - unconfirmed
Bali
HCMC
Phnom Penh
Dubai?

At last. No India...

Armenia, not at the moment, they have problems; but Azerbaijan is safe!  Amazing Race needs to return to Italy and do a leg in Sardinia, Pisa, Genoa, Naples, Turin, Trieste, or Verona.  Bordeaux, Toulousse, and Lyons in France would be nice too, as well the tiny nation of Monaco!!!!

don't forget Marseilles

it's only been used as an intermediate city twice (both in season 1 [leg 3 and 4]), but no actual racing through the city as far as i can remember

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2009, 02:57:00 AM »
Wasn't sure where to post this, but: Is it possible that the presumably delayed race, combined with reports of excessive money given out for the Tokyo leg (taxis into the city, rather than public transport or rental cars), suggests that the first leg is a last-minute replacement for somewhere else? I can't see them giving out so much money so soon any other way, especially considering the last couple of seasons.

It's possible that the first leg could have been set up for Korea, which is cheaper but which is also quarantining entire flights with swine flu patients.

Thoughts?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2009, 04:01:53 AM »
Wasn't sure where to post this, but: Is it possible that the presumably delayed race, combined with reports of excessive money given out for the Tokyo leg (taxis into the city, rather than public transport or rental cars), suggests that the first leg is a last-minute replacement for somewhere else? I can't see them giving out so much money so soon any other way, especially considering the last couple of seasons.

It's possible that the first leg could have been set up for Korea, which is cheaper but which is also quarantining entire flights with swine flu patients.

Thoughts?

We have no evidence that the race was delayed...we just weren't quite sure exactly which day they were leaving. So no, based on the info at hand, this all seems VERY well planned.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2009, 02:18:41 PM »
So...speculation time! Inspired by Neobie's excellent analysis on 13.4, here are my thoughts on the missing leg (version 2):

Leg 2 presumably starts in the morning of Tuesday, 7/21 (teams arrive in Japan in the afternoon of the 19th, staggered departures set up for the 20th, leg ends in late morning/early afternoon of the 20th, and a 12 hour pit stop puts them leaving early on 7/21 - extended pitstops are not out of the question given what happened last season).

The teams need to be in HCMC on Thursday 7/23 for the sighting to work. Within this time, there needs to be a 12 hour pit stop. Because of this, I doubt that there is another leg in Tokyo - from what I can tell, a leg within a city can be finished in a short amount of time (Delhi 2 took a couple of hours, as did Budapest; Moscow 2 took a long time for certain teams but they were bunched partially and had a more difficult than average leg; Beijing took a while also, but not two days worth of time, even with a pit stop), and so they would either have to make difficult tasks for 11, have a lot of bunching, or extended pit stop(s) - none of which I would do.

A leg in Japan but not Tokyo might be a suitable option. There could easily be bunching in Tokyo before the teams have to travel out. Timing of course depends on the location and the method of transit; the bullet train is a short amount of time while buses are longer. A second leg in Japan could then "start" in the afternoon of 7/21 and finish in the afternoon evening of 7/21, which, of course, has the problem of an extra day. An interesting option would be the use of an overnight bus/train; TPTB could have a roadblock or Detour, then a bus ride or bus rides out to location X that night (location X being somewhere like Hiroshima or Nagasaki or Sapporo, somewhere far away) - teams would arrive on the morning of 7/22 to complete the leg, have a pit stop, and depart from the pit stop the evening of 7/22, just in time to fly out to HCMC the morning of the 23rd.

Overall, while I feel that an overnight bus ride is a good option, the best option is traveling to another country, and I'll figure out *what* country that could be next.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 12:00:33 AM by zackattack308 »

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2009, 02:42:49 PM »
I guess a leg in Israel is not really an option...  :duno:
we are one of the few countrys that actually bought the format and made our own race
we deserve at list one leg!!!!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2009, 02:48:42 PM »
When it's safer I'm sure they would consider Isreal. Of course, I don't see why they wouldn't consider it with enough security when Israel has it's own version going on as you mentioned.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2009, 08:42:38 PM »
When it's safer I'm sure they would consider Isreal. Of course, I don't see why they wouldn't consider it with enough security when Israel has it's own version going on as you mentioned.

yes, but do you realize that in the israeli format only ben gurion was visited?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2009, 11:05:59 PM »

yes, but do you realize that in the israeli format only ben gurion was visited?
and also, going to Israel will forcibly ban the racers from going to some Middle East countries and vice versa
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: July 28, 2009, 01:15:01 AM »
After a bunch of research (I have no idea how you guys do this and still manage to do all the other things around here), here's what I came up with for leg 2.

Using simple geography, TPTB would probably wanted to stay along the China Sea/Eastern Pacific. I doubt they would go to China after spending three legs there last season, but then again I thought that about TAR 14 being in Russia and, what do you know, people are running near-naked in Siberia. That being said, here are some possible destinations for our teams. The time indicated is how long they have to run a leg, with a 12 hour pit stop already factored in (obviously extended pit stops would impact this greatly, as would hours of operation/transportation bunches).

From best to worst:
Seoul - 33h 50m for racing
Taipei - 31h 40m for racing
Manila - 30h 20m for racing
Hanoi - 28h 0m for racing*
Kuala Lumpur - 27h 45m for racing
Singapore - 26h 35m for racing
Vientiane, Laos - 26h 10m for racing
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei - 25h 55m for racing
Danang, Vietnam - 23 h 0 m for racing
Kuching, Malaysia - 21h 45 m for racing

Australia is possible, but it would be a very tight squeeze (we're talking 8 hours for 10 teams to complete a leg - possible, but hard if someone flies off the rails).

I like Vientiane and BSB as destinations; we typically have a new country in Asia each year (with the exception of TAR 14, which felt the need to have 6 legs in Asian countries previously visited, 5 of them in cities previously visited  (:;)).

*Especially for peach - The timing for Hanoi assumes that teams enter and leave Hanoi via airplane. A second option has teams flying into Hanoi and taking a train all the way to HCMC. Nothing would be done in Hanoi, but it would be either an exercise in working the airport/rails or a way to bunch teams up after a difficult first leg. Luckily for teams, there are sleeper trains available every day. Whether TPTB is willing to spend the extra money or willing to not have teams suffer in the hard seats is a mystery. An example of this would be:

JL5135       1100 1435 NRT HAN
SE5 (train) 1900 410(+2) Hanoi HCMC

Thus, HCMC would be leg 2 and we'd have to go from there. While I like that option a lot, I think the best bet is either a second leg in Japan or a leg in the Philippines (since the long amount of racing time allows the teams to travel to different islands in the archipelago and back)).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 07:07:44 PM by zackattack308 »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #249 on: July 28, 2009, 01:40:00 AM »

Tokyo 1
Japan 2 - unconfirmed
Bali
HCMC
Phnom Penh
Dubai?

At last. No India...

Yeah, well I can keep hoping until TAR100! As long as we get at least two legs in Africa and at least two new countries, I'm happy.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥