Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 244514 times)

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
georgiapeach posted on this site: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,17957.msg425738.html#msg425738

I'm thinking that they're racing in Singapore right now?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

NO, there is no evidence that they are racing in Singapore!!!!!

Okay, I took a  :blaster and a :chillpill:  and I am better now....  :funny:

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 05:48:13 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2009, 03:13:19 PM »
Do we have any positive, eye-witness proof that the 12 TAR teams actually left NRT and proceeded into downtown Tokyo (or elsewhere)? or did they just transit NRT on the way to somewhere else?

Did you read this G-man? This is where they went to get their first clue.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,19048.msg422667.html#msg422667
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »
When the Amazing Race visited local authorities asked theRace to visit Toronto. Maybe the Indonesian Government has also?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Oh for heaven's sake Topaz! :groan:

If it was a spoiler for us don't you think I would have posted it here? The last thing I need today is for someone who didn't take the time to read the thread to go moving my posts around. Honestly!   :meow:

And NO, there is no evidence that they are racing in Singapore. Guess I'll see this quoted at sucks next. (:;)

:funny: And Neobie and I would be the ones providing all the spoilers, not peach if they were indeed racing here in Singapore. :colors

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2009, 08:01:39 AM »
It seems the race has completely dropped off the radar. I have a feeling it has probably gone to less known Asian places where the race would be less easily spotted. This rules out much of Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, Australia, China, the Philippines and other places where the race is well known.

That leaves places such as Laos, Cambodia, Some of the smaller North east pacific Islands, Papua New Guinea, The lesser populated islands of Indonesia or even further east to places such as Bangladesh. The problem with this is to get to these places the racers would have to have indirect flights with stopovers and there doesn't seem to be any airport sightings.

Hopefully someone will catch a glimpse soon.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2009, 08:58:45 AM »
Apparently TAR detectives - Apskip, Neobie and Chateau are sane!

According to this guy anyways...

http://boblongman.blogspot.com/2009/07/tar-15-from-unexpected-source.html

p.s. I put this post here because it also has spoiler info from Tokyo...

Thursday, July 23, 2009
TAR 15 -- from an Unexpected source
It seems that a relative of one of the women I know from Stony Brook U is in Tokyo Japan. The woman said that two pairs of Amazing Racers had run past the relative. Didn't say where or what they were doing, so it's not quite a true spoiler. And there were pix, but not shared. Also, she's a Big Brother fan who despises TAR. (:P)

That got me thinking: with the wireless technology and the prevalence of Twitter worldwide, can anyone hide anything anymore? In the case of Amazing Race, the TAR Detectives get such incredible detail on everything, long before anything airs. I don't read spoilers until it airs, but I'm sure Chateau has the airport covered and the camera angles figured, Apskip's got the flight numbers and arrival times, and Neobie's got the leg mapped out. It's incredible. But fortunately, they're fans. They love the show and they're sane (as far as any fanship is 'sane'...) Think what would happen in the hands of people who are, er, less supportive and less sane, like, say, someone who's stalking a star, or trying to undermine a rival, not to mention terrorists or spys or Big Brother fans. Go to a mountain in Tibet, some monk's Twittering from the next mountain over. Or a tundra location in Yakutia in Siberia -- the bears have their own YouTube accounts. The amount of evidence can be astounding, and that makes chasing it down for a live event so much fun.

But it's also just a bit scary. Technology has redefined privacy in a way that makes it impossible to hold as a near-absolute right above all else. It has become what it really was all along - a right to be held in the context of all other rights, and defended as such. And it is dealt with in the breach more than in fact, in typical human fashion. How to handle it from there, I don't know.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline misterblah

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2009, 09:00:25 AM »
Too bad there's no evidence that there in singapore :( I wanted the race to go there....

As of now, if no one has solid evidence(i.e. photos) on where the racers go next, chances are they are not spotted in popular countries in Asia (Thailand, Malaysia, Phillipines). Probably the racers went to countries like Laos, Papua new Guinea, Bhutan, Nepal, maybe parts of Indonesia and Vietnam, Bangladesh or maybe still in Japan but in another city...Fukuoka, Sendai, Nagoya, the Okinawa islands...

I can't believe after 5 days nobody has solid evidence on where the racers are going! :meow:

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2009, 09:42:16 AM »
After 5 days, they may already be on the 3rd leg. (sorry if that wasn't allowed here)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2009, 10:24:21 AM »
Since we know the identity of some of the teams already, I'm hoping we may get some sequesterville sightings this time around.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2009, 10:55:39 AM »
Apparently TAR detectives - Apskip, Neobie and Chateau are sane!

According to this guy anyways...

http://boblongman.blogspot.com/2009/07/tar-15-from-unexpected-source.html

p.s. I put this post here because it also has spoiler info from Tokyo...

Thursday, July 23, 2009
TAR 15 -- from an Unexpected source
It seems that a relative of one of the women I know from Stony Brook U is in Tokyo Japan. The woman said that two pairs of Amazing Racers had run past the relative. Didn't say where or what they were doing, so it's not quite a true spoiler. And there were pix, but not shared. Also, she's a Big Brother fan who despises TAR. (:P)

That got me thinking: with the wireless technology and the prevalence of Twitter worldwide, can anyone hide anything anymore? In the case of Amazing Race, the TAR Detectives get such incredible detail on everything, long before anything airs. I don't read spoilers until it airs, but I'm sure Chateau has the airport covered and the camera angles figured, Apskip's got the flight numbers and arrival times, and Neobie's got the leg mapped out. It's incredible. But fortunately, they're fans. They love the show and they're sane (as far as any fanship is 'sane'...) Think what would happen in the hands of people who are, er, less supportive and less sane, like, say, someone who's stalking a star, or trying to undermine a rival, not to mention terrorists or spys or Big Brother fans. Go to a mountain in Tibet, some monk's Twittering from the next mountain over. Or a tundra location in Yakutia in Siberia -- the bears have their own YouTube accounts. The amount of evidence can be astounding, and that makes chasing it down for a live event so much fun.

But it's also just a bit scary. Technology has redefined privacy in a way that makes it impossible to hold as a near-absolute right above all else. It has become what it really was all along - a right to be held in the context of all other rights, and defended as such. And it is dealt with in the breach more than in fact, in typical human fashion. How to handle it from there, I don't know.

I love this!! And it is true...choosing sometimes what and how to reveal info can be challenging. We try to never hurt the race we love!

Thanks for sharing this!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »
I agree with zacz that countries in SE Asia where the race is popular are unlikely -- someone would have been spotted by now. I do think they've been in Asia for the past couple days -- only once (TAR1) has the show jumped continents between the 1st and 2nd episode. About half the time, they've remained in the same country for legs 1 and 2.

If they are beginning the third leg yesterday/today/tomorrow, they could be leaving the continent now. If Australia, it seems likely they'll be back on our radar soon. If Africa, it could be some time before we hear about the racers again. And then there's India, of course.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2009, 02:56:02 PM »
I agree with zacz that countries in SE Asia where the race is popular are unlikely -- someone would have been spotted by now. I do think they've been in Asia for the past couple days -- only once (TAR1) has the show jumped continents between the 1st and 2nd episode. About half the time, they've remained in the same country for legs 1 and 2.

If they are beginning the third leg yesterday/today/tomorrow, they could be leaving the continent now. If Australia, it seems likely they'll be back on our radar soon. If Africa, it could be some time before we hear about the racers again. And then there's India, of course.
If they're going to India, that means we might get an early NEL :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
I found this and on the bottom right its says "amazing Race Bandung" it needs to be translated though.

If its true then the racers have arrived in Bandung Indonesia

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
If this is it then it doesn't look like any of our teams.  And the date is last year.

flickr

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 05:12:15 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I found this and on the bottom right its says "amazing Race Bandung" it needs to be translated though.

If its true then the racers have arrived in Bandung Indonesia

I suspect that it's a local race.

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
ya i think it is local.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
i think this is and cant i have
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:03:49 PM by zachary busch »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2009, 06:46:27 AM »
I am going to make a guess with the hypothesis that teams stayed in Japan and visited somewhere (Mt. Fuji, Kyoto, Nagoya or Sendai are the top 4 on my list. I've been to all except Mt. Fuji (sort of visited in AR9) and they are all worthy of an AR15 visit.

From Kyoto or Nagoya, teams would go the short distance to the Osaka airport. There is an airport at Sendai, but it is possible to get to Narita airport so either one could have been used.

The Sendai airport flies only to Dalian and Beijing on Tuesdays and only twice on a Tuesday morning to Narita, but there are freqeuent flights to Osaka. So it looks like the Osaka to HoChiMinh City would be likely either way. I found only one flight combination that made sense:

AN 6064 operated 0810 to Okinawa
Change Okinawa to Taipei to CA121
Change Taipei to CA783 arrives SGN 1620

I am not saying it did happen, but it is logical and could have happened. Another possibility is that teams went to Okinawa or Taipei from Tokyo, did a leg and then sent on to Ho CHi Minh City. Nonstops from Taipei to SGN are CA 781 0730 0950, Eva 391 0920 1140 and CA783 1355 1620.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2009, 08:27:03 PM »
Neobie speculated that the logical places for leg 2 are Japan itself, Taiwan, South Korea and China.

My answer is this is right. The East Asia geography is simple enough. If you evade China there is only a narrow corridor heading south from Japan, which catches Taiwan. If you go straight west from Japan you get ot South Korea. If you go anywhere south of the westward line, you end up in China. If you include islands there is always the Philippines, but I don't think that leg 2 went there.

I favor the concept that AR15 stayed in Japan for leg 2 before heading for HoChiMinh City. Taiwan, South Korea and then China are all lower probabilities.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2009, 08:52:12 PM »
I do not think that they stayed for 2 legs in Japan to cut cost. But a 2 legs in Japan for a 2 hour season premier is possible. But definitely not 2 weeks worth of Japan because they would want to fly to as many places as possible when the season just premiered, just to spice things up and not to make the season appear as if it's boring by not flying to another location.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
Oh for heaven's sake Topaz! :groan:

If it was a spoiler for us don't you think I would have posted it here? The last thing I need today is for someone who didn't take the time to read the thread to go moving my posts around. Honestly!   :meow:

And NO, there is no evidence that they are racing in Singapore. Guess I'll see this quoted at sucks next. (:;)

:funny: And Neobie and I would be the ones providing all the spoilers, not peach if they were indeed racing here in Singapore. :colors

Dun forget me!! WOhoo!!  :wohoo:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2009, 09:17:23 AM »
I do not think that they stayed for 2 legs in Japan to cut cost. But a 2 legs in Japan for a 2 hour season premier is possible. But definitely not 2 weeks worth of Japan because they would want to fly to as many places as possible when the season just premiered, just to spice things up and not to make the season appear as if it's boring by not flying to another location.

Of course.. Japan such a expensive country..
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2009, 05:23:26 PM »
I agree Hooky. Alpha-male teams were never my favourite, I found them bland and boring. However we haven't had one since TAR 9 (though I suppose the cho brothers potentially COULD have been one if they'd actually raced).
Um, the Druggies in TAR10?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2009, 08:41:33 PM »
LOL. I just saw the body builder team and went...

"They're going to win!!"

:res: