Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 244561 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #575 on: August 13, 2009, 10:39:36 AM »
I may wrong on this but usually the decoys go to some of the same clue box locations as the real racers.  The decoys just do it at different times than the real racers.  As in different by some hours. 

They all have to be at the finish mat for the run in!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline spanishtarfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #576 on: August 13, 2009, 10:53:21 AM »
Luke,

If you have been reading the posts, what do you hitnk about the harlem globertrotters and the father/son couples being decoys for the last leg?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #577 on: August 13, 2009, 10:56:40 AM »
Why do you all keep saying we only see two teams? ???

We know that 3 teams were at the chapel.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #578 on: August 13, 2009, 11:00:32 AM »
Luke,

If you have been reading the posts, what do you hitnk about the harlem globertrotters and the father/son couples being decoys for the last leg?

I can't answer that question because I never got to be a decoy on the race so I have no idea how that works exactly. But with that check-in tag does raise a red flag though because on my entire time on race, my mom and I never checked our bags in. But, I remember few teams were forced to check their bags in on Season 7 during one of legs in Africa - Ron & Kelly and Uchenna & Joyce and Meredith & Gretchen(?). So, it might doesn't means that Globe Trotters are decoy. I wouldn't be surprised if Globe Trotters makes it to the Final Three since they're pretty athletic but again my mom and I U-turned an athletic team (Amanda & Kris) and got them eliminated so anything could happen.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #579 on: August 13, 2009, 11:04:27 AM »
We're just talking about the decoys.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #580 on: August 13, 2009, 11:28:30 AM »
Why do you all keep saying we only see two teams? ???

We know that 3 teams were at the chapel.

3 teams as in the Final Three teams?

p.s. did you got my message, Peach?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #581 on: August 13, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »
3 teams as in the Final Three teams?

Yes, the final 5 teams, known from Tallinn, became the final 3 teams after taking the minor leap that Harlem and Father/son were running decoy.

Offline EnduranceRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #582 on: August 13, 2009, 12:24:20 PM »
Hey Luke! I personally think that you and your mom are a lock if they do another all-stars

I havent been here for long but I'd definately have to say that this is prob the most spoiled season in recent years

13- We knew the final 6 and that Nickand Starr were in the finale

14- Saw Jamie and Cara in a Hawaii airport and teams were spotted in Thailand

Good Job!

I'm surprised no one were able to spoil the Final Three teams in Beijing at the Bird Nest!! Literally a million people were swarming around at the Bird Nest when my mom and I were running around frantically looking for a pit stop with our crew in tow!

But, it can be a heart-wrenching for teams' families + friends that could be reading this forum and see that some of their loved ones/friends didn't make it that far in the race. Before my mom and I left for the race, I told my sister about this forum where she can keeps track of my mom and me. She got so excited when she read that my mom and I were heading off to Switzerland then she got worried when she read that my mom and I weren't sighted in Romania then she got really excited to see a picture of my mom and me doing a rickshaw challenge in Phuket. She knew that ankle was me! Not some random girl! It basically gave it away for my sister that my mom and I made it to Final Five. Then, she was left wondering if my mom and I actually made it to Hawaii because there was no mention of my mom and me after Phuket so she assumed that we probably got eliminated in China due to language barrier. But, soon as my mom and I got back home after the race, my mom and I were very exhausted so at that point, she kind of figured it out that my mom and I made it to Final Three but we made her thinking that we got eliminated in China, haha.

haha thats great she went here. did she post? cause it took us a long time to figure out that picture and who exactly it was ex. m/m f/m f/f

but thanks for posting here! here a quick tip though: stay away from sucks. . you guys aren'y as loved there if you know what I mean

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #583 on: August 13, 2009, 05:23:50 PM »
Hey Luke! I personally think that you and your mom are a lock if they do another all-stars

I havent been here for long but I'd definately have to say that this is prob the most spoiled season in recent years

13- We knew the final 6 and that Nickand Starr were in the finale

14- Saw Jamie and Cara in a Hawaii airport and teams were spotted in Thailand

Good Job!

I'm surprised no one were able to spoil the Final Three teams in Beijing at the Bird Nest!! Literally a million people were swarming around at the Bird Nest when my mom and I were running around frantically looking for a pit stop with our crew in tow!

But, it can be a heart-wrenching for teams' families + friends that could be reading this forum and see that some of their loved ones/friends didn't make it that far in the race. Before my mom and I left for the race, I told my sister about this forum where she can keeps track of my mom and me. She got so excited when she read that my mom and I were heading off to Switzerland then she got worried when she read that my mom and I weren't sighted in Romania then she got really excited to see a picture of my mom and me doing a rickshaw challenge in Phuket. She knew that ankle was me! Not some random girl! It basically gave it away for my sister that my mom and I made it to Final Five. Then, she was left wondering if my mom and I actually made it to Hawaii because there was no mention of my mom and me after Phuket so she assumed that we probably got eliminated in China due to language barrier. But, soon as my mom and I got back home after the race, my mom and I were very exhausted so at that point, she kind of figured it out that my mom and I made it to Final Three but we made her thinking that we got eliminated in China, haha.

haha thats great she went here. did she post? cause it took us a long time to figure out that picture and who exactly it was ex. m/m f/m f/f

but thanks for posting here! here a quick tip though: stay away from sucks. . you guys aren'y as loved there if you know what I mean

No, I don't think my sister posted. She just lurked around to see what were my mom and I up to around the world.

Haha, I have read some stuff on Sucks. I'm baffled with how they wrote about me and other racers - it just shows that they're a big sore losers and pretty bitter that they couldn't get on the show. And, they got no lives as well. I love this forum and people, I have been coming on this site for a pretty long time but never made a post till my season's over! Wish I joined way earlier!

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #584 on: August 13, 2009, 05:39:12 PM »
^^^^^ glad you did! I think there were literally 5 Margie/Luke fans in total. . .

do you have a preseason favorite yet?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #585 on: August 13, 2009, 11:42:44 PM »
There is still something that I don't get. We only see the Father/son (with Pink Hair) team and the Basketball players in Las Vegas and they are suppose to be decoys right? (The tag on the backpack.) But where are the actual final 3 teams? Could the final location be somewhere else and these two teams were told to run around Las Vegas just to trick us to believe that the final mat is in Las Vegas??

I somehow think that they are not decoys. It would not be the first time that they are not allowed to carry their bags on the airplane when having to connect through different cities to reach their destination. (reason why the batch is so long).

At the same time, and given the way the spoiler season has been, it is strange that we dont read tweets about other racers than the ones in Vegas.

In my humble opinion, I think that the 3rd team got lost on the way "a la" team Guido style on 1st season.  :snicker:

But if there were on a domestic flight it cost 15-20 USD just to check in 1 bag! Would the teams actually choose to do that? And the missing 3rd team also creeps me out. They were all bunched up on a boat to Estonia and the possibility of falling so far behind is really impossible unless they messed up on their flight from Prague to USA? or did something like the gutsy grannies.
But sometimes, when you fly on very small planes, you are forced to check your carry-on luggage without an extra cost
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #586 on: August 14, 2009, 12:27:46 AM »
There is still something that I don't get. We only see the Father/son (with Pink Hair) team and the Basketball players in Las Vegas and they are suppose to be decoys right? (The tag on the backpack.) But where are the actual final 3 teams? Could the final location be somewhere else and these two teams were told to run around Las Vegas just to trick us to believe that the final mat is in Las Vegas??

I somehow think that they are not decoys. It would not be the first time that they are not allowed to carry their bags on the airplane when having to connect through different cities to reach their destination. (reason why the batch is so long).

At the same time, and given the way the spoiler season has been, it is strange that we dont read tweets about other racers than the ones in Vegas.

In my humble opinion, I think that the 3rd team got lost on the way "a la" team Guido style on 1st season.  :snicker:

But if there were on a domestic flight it cost 15-20 USD just to check in 1 bag! Would the teams actually choose to do that? And the missing 3rd team also creeps me out. They were all bunched up on a boat to Estonia and the possibility of falling so far behind is really impossible unless they messed up on their flight from Prague to USA? or did something like the gutsy grannies.
But sometimes, when you fly on very small planes, you are forced to check your carry-on luggage without an extra cost

But the tags will be different. I once recently went on an United Airlines Express Flight with this REALLY small airplane and they didn't put the long check-in tags on them. They put on small green cards which they tied to the handle.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #587 on: August 14, 2009, 07:02:12 AM »
This line of thinking does not take account of what is almost certain about the arrival of all teams in Las Vegas. You do not fly in there on a small plane unless you are coming from parts of Nevada and maybe eastern Califorrnia and northwest Arizona. The chances of any of those areas being the origination of the flight into Las Vegas for AR15 teams and decoys is zero.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #588 on: August 14, 2009, 08:52:39 AM »
^^^^^ glad you did! I think there were literally 5 Margie/Luke fans in total. . .

Actually, I do have a preseason favorite!  ;D I'll say who it is after the cast announcement. And, I hope that someone will use a Blind U-Turn wisely! I think it's cool to have a Globe-Trotters team on the race but I would have try to get them out of the race soon as possible!

Isn't that kind of silly to have a "target" list of teams who you want to go out in order?

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #589 on: August 14, 2009, 09:03:39 AM »

Actually, I do have a preseason favorite!  ;D I'll say who it is after the cast announcement. And, I hope that someone will use a Blind U-Turn wisely! I think it's cool to have a Globe-Trotters team on the race but I would have try to get them out of the race soon as possible!

Isn't that kind of silly to have a "target" list of teams who you want to go out in order?

oooh I forgot about your "friend" very interesting.. . . . can't wait!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #590 on: August 14, 2009, 09:04:10 AM »
Well, DeafRacer, it does put you in a category with Aaron and Ariane of AR3 non-fame. I personally would not want to be in that category.

Offline tigellinus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #591 on: August 14, 2009, 12:15:22 PM »
No, I don't think my sister posted. She just lurked around to see what were my mom and I up to around the world.

Haha, I have read some stuff on Sucks. I'm baffled with how they wrote about me and other racers - it just shows that they're a big sore losers and pretty bitter that they couldn't get on the show. And, they got no lives as well. I love this forum and people, I have been coming on this site for a pretty long time but never made a post till my season's over! Wish I joined way earlier!

Hey Luke, so is it true that Jaime didn't even know spoiler sites existed until you told her about them during the Race?

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #592 on: August 14, 2009, 02:19:30 PM »

Hey Luke, so is it true that Jaime didn't even know spoiler sites existed until you told her about them during the Race?

I mentioned a few times about Reality Fan Forum during the race to Jaime and Cara but I'm not sure if Jaime actually doesn't know about spoiler sites before I first told her. I gave Jaime and Cara a link to this forum before we all left Hawaii. I know most of my cast lurked around on this forum during our season aired. I remember Victoria ran up to computer at the airport to check RFF out before we left Hawaii!! She went like, "OMG! A picture of Brad and me in Germany!!" So funny.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #593 on: August 14, 2009, 02:59:49 PM »

I mentioned a few times about Reality Fan Forum during the race to Jaime and Cara but I'm not sure if Jaime actually doesn't know about spoiler sites before I first told her. I gave Jaime and Cara a link to this forum before we all left Hawaii. I know most of my cast lurked around on this forum during our season aired. I remember Victoria ran up to computer at the airport to check RFF out before we left Hawaii!! She went like, "OMG! A picture of Brad and me in Germany!!" So funny.

thats grea! haha Victoria also made a few appearences on sucks too! I liked how your season had soo many actual aplicants and not recruits. Is it true that Kris and Amanda were the only recruits?

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #594 on: September 07, 2009, 11:58:08 AM »
Would this be Leg 3 or Leg 4?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #595 on: September 07, 2009, 12:38:58 PM »

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #596 on: September 07, 2009, 09:49:43 PM »
My own opinion:

In one leg,Maria and Tiff was suspected decoys,
was it possible that the team was last in a previous NEL?
Because I don't see bags with them,and it might be a little early to ditch the bags
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #597 on: September 07, 2009, 10:05:31 PM »
No, it's not. They were being filmed by a local paper, which CBS would never allow had they still been in the race. It also fits with the timeline that they were eliminated at the end of the prior leg.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #598 on: September 09, 2009, 11:19:35 AM »
spanning eight countries
   huh?

1) Japan
2) Viet Nam
3) Cambodia
4) UAE
5) Israel
6) Netherlands
7) Sweden
ocho) Estonia
9) Czech Republic

And, no mater how you slice it (Israel or not) this does lot leave any room for a country fitting in between Japan and Viet Nam

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #599 on: September 09, 2009, 11:21:46 AM »
the tallest building has to be the one in Dubai .. can't remember what its called at the moment :P