Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 244568 times)

DavidJunior

Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #375 on: August 04, 2009, 01:24:22 AM »
i was just thinking:

this is TOTAL SPECULATION, btw

but, what if instead of a Mauritius leg, and instead of just staying in the U.A.E. for two legs, they went to a nearby Arabic country such as Qatar or Bahrain?

and what if they used other means to get there and back (such as a ferry)?

they could potentially get to one of those countries, complete a leg, and arrive back in the u.a.e. in time for steffiesunrise's sighting

the ferry scenario could also explain why she saw the team at a hotel and not at the airport (if said hotel was on the way to the airport)

haven't done too much research on this possibility, just a random thought that i thought could be worth sharing with the group... :duno:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #376 on: August 04, 2009, 03:40:04 AM »
TOTAL SPECULATION:

I just saw Tiffany and Maria being in Estonia as well in page 1 of the Location spoilers, hopefully they're not eliminated and are just speedbumped. They look to stressed to be eliminated during that time. No make ups and all that jazz - they look too stressed to be decoys like the others from previous seasons...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
« Reply #377 on: August 04, 2009, 06:17:49 AM »
TOTAL SPECULATION:

I just saw Tiffany and Maria being in Estonia as well in page 1 of the Location spoilers, hopefully they're not eliminated and are just speedbumped. They look to stressed to be eliminated during that time. No make ups and all that jazz - they look too stressed to be decoys like the others from previous seasons...

my guess with the no backpack thingy maybe they reverted back to the old way of NEL penalites..taking all of their bags and money.. maybe they were last on sweden and that's why they were on a later ferry.. also if you look at it tiffany has a jacket strapped on her waste that could probably cover their franny pack..
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 06:25:38 AM by spontaneousss »

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #378 on: August 04, 2009, 06:24:37 AM »
TOTAL SPECULATION:

my guess with the no backpack thingy maybe they reverted back to the old way of NEL penalites..taking all of their bags and money.. maybe they were last on sweden and that's why they were on a later ferry.. also if you look at it tiffany has a jacket strapped on ehr waste that could probably cover their franny pack..

Maybe they left it in the taxi... Teams usually do those kinds of stuff
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline AmazingPace

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #379 on: August 04, 2009, 07:12:22 AM »
Latvia is next.

Offline spanishtarfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #380 on: August 04, 2009, 07:21:21 AM »
Latvia is next.

Whou found out about Latvia? I had not heard about it before  :ascared

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #381 on: August 04, 2009, 07:32:17 AM »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #382 on: August 04, 2009, 08:22:29 AM »
i was just thinking:

but, what if instead of a Mauritius leg, and instead of just staying in the U.A.E. for two legs, they went to a nearby Arabic country such as Qatar or Bahrain?

they could potentially get to one of those countries, complete a leg, and arrive back in the u.a.e. in time for steffiesunrise's sighting

the ferry scenario could also explain why she saw the team at a hotel and not at the airport (if said hotel was on the way to the airport)

haven't done too much research on this possibility, just a random thought that i thought could be worth sharing with the group... :duno:
The Gulf States as the site of the post-Dubai leg is a distinct possibility. However, I believe there was a sighting in Dubai on the morning of July 29. Teams would not have time after that to go to another Gulf State, do a leg and pit stop, and then get to Amsterdam by the morning of July 30.

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #383 on: August 04, 2009, 08:29:19 AM »
i was just thinking:

The Gulf States as the site of the post-Dubai leg is a distinct possibility. However, I believe there was a sighting in Dubai on the morning of July 29. Teams would not have time after that to go to another Gulf State, do a leg and pit stop, and then get to Amsterdam by the morning of July 30.

maybe an abu dhabi and dubai leg???

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #384 on: August 04, 2009, 08:30:50 AM »
TOTAL SPECULATION:

my guess with the no backpack thingy maybe they reverted back to the old way of NEL penalites..taking all of their bags and money.. maybe they were last on sweden and that's why they were on a later ferry.. also if you look at it tiffany has a jacket strapped on ehr waste that could probably cover their franny pack..

Maybe they left it in the taxi... Teams usually do those kinds of stuff

Hate to break it to you guys but I've check and there is only 1 ferry per day from Stockholm to Tallinn. Maybe they were just playing poker in their rooms?? And If you look at the 2nd picture Maria is carrying a plastic bag with what looks like clothes??
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline pamukamu

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #385 on: August 04, 2009, 08:51:44 AM »
It is already second day for teams and Phil came here already on Saturday night through Finland on late night flight - so probably they have already left. The main places they could go from here without airplane is a car or Riga or train to Moscow. Train takes too much time considering how long they have been here. So my guess is they left through airport this morning (main connections through Helsinki, Copenhagen, Frankfurt,Prague) or have gone to Latvia. No more sights in Estonia, I guess they have left.

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #386 on: August 04, 2009, 09:01:11 AM »
this horrible thought crossed my mind that there are probably only 2 f/f teams this season and the other one aside from the pokers are the unlucky ones who got eliminated before even leaving the US.. :'(

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #387 on: August 04, 2009, 09:14:31 AM »
It is already second day for teams and Phil came here already on Saturday night through Finland on late night flight

:duno:

Where is "here" 

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #388 on: August 04, 2009, 09:40:04 AM »
It is already second day for teams and Phil came here already on Saturday night through Finland on late night flight

Where is "here" 

i guess that's where the Latvia thingy came?

Offline primefun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #389 on: August 04, 2009, 09:52:13 AM »
Hate to break it to you guys but I've check and there is only 1 ferry per day from Stockholm to Tallinn. Maybe they were just playing poker in their rooms?? And If you look at the 2nd picture Maria is carrying a plastic bag with what looks like clothes??

after looking at the ferry schedules there seems to be one possibility:

they took off from Stockholm 2nd of august at 5 p.m. to Helsinki on Silja Serenade/Silja Symphony which arrived in Helsinki 3rd of August at 9:55 a.m.... from helsinki to tallinn there are several operators : Tallink/Viking Line/Linda Line... i would bet on Linda Line ship departing helsinki 10:00 and arriving in tallinn at 11:30, this again is an extremely tight connection although in ports usually it doesnt take long to change ships taken they arrive/depart in the same terminal, that is basically the only other option i can think of taken the news reporter of Postimees was accurate with stating the teams arrived around noon to Pikk street...  :colors

then again why would they take this ship in the first place is not logical at all as the ship to tallinn departed 45 mins after the one going to helsinki.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:55:46 AM by primefun »

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #390 on: August 04, 2009, 09:56:30 AM »

they took off from Stockholm 2nd of august at 5 p.m. to Helsinki on Silja Serenade/Silja Symphony which arrived in Helsinki 3rd of August at 9:55 a.m.... from helsinki to tallinn there are several operators : Tallink/Viking Line/Linda Line... i would bet on Linda Line ship departing helsinki 10:00 and arriving in tallinn at 11:30, this again is an extremely tight connection although in ports usually it doesnt take long to change ships taken they arrive/depart in the same terminal, that is basically the only other option i can think of taken the news reporter of Postimees was accurate with stating the teams arrived around noon to Pikk street...  :colors

then again why would they take this ship in the first place is not logical at all as the ship to tallinn departed 45 mins after the one going to helsinki.

well maybe they were way behind the other 5 teams that's why they were on a different ferry??? anyways i hope there's still hope for them and they were just stripped off their belongings.. even though it's unlikely  :'(
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 10:02:38 AM by spontaneousss »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #391 on: August 04, 2009, 10:05:03 AM »
option i can think of taken the news reporter of Postimees was accurate with stating the teams arrived around noon to Pikk street... 

How about they take Flight OV 122?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #392 on: August 04, 2009, 10:24:01 AM »
It is already second day for teams and Phil came here already on Saturday night through Finland on late night flight - so probably they have already left. The main places they could go from here without airplane is a car or Riga or train to Moscow. Train takes too much time considering how long they have been here. So my guess is they left through airport this morning (main connections through Helsinki, Copenhagen, Frankfurt,Prague) or have gone to Latvia. No more sights in Estonia, I guess they have left.

:welcome: to RFF pamukamu!!  :waves:

May I ask you to tell us more about what you know about how or when Phil arrived in Tallinn?? Thanks!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #393 on: August 04, 2009, 11:12:42 AM »

primefun,
Your thinking on what happened mirrors what I have already stated about the timing of the ferries Stockholm Helsinki and Helsinki Talinn to arrive at 1630 into Talinn's port (I discount your 5 mintue turnaround in Helsinki and assume that the Poker Players would have gotten the next one).

Howver, regardless of whether they got the 1000am or 230pm ferry to Talinn,  you run into the conclusion that they would have made a mistake by boarding that combination for 500pm departure to Helsinki when the Talinn ship left at 545pm. Three thoughts come to mind:
1. they made a mistake and got on the wrong ship
2. they were misinformed by ticketing agents when timing was tight and they had to make a decision
3. they were already eliminated and it did not matter when they arrived in Talinn as long as they got there in the afternoon

Take your pick.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #394 on: August 04, 2009, 11:34:17 AM »
spontaneousss said
They shouldn't have gone there as F/F teams get bad luck there!

I am tired of hearing about how female/female teams should win the Amazing Race. Three of them (Lyn/Karlyn, Dustin/Kandice, Charla/Mirna and Cara/Jaime) have made the final 4 in 14 seasons. As we all know, no female/female team has ever won an Amazing Race. This is sad, but statistically you have to conclude that they are at a disadavantage. That means that a female/female victory will come when either some F/F team gets lucky or when the playing field has been tilted in their favor, or when all teams are Female/Female (what I call the ultimate tilt). The minimal casting of what I regard to be alpha male teams since AR4 (I put only AR7's Brian/Greg, AR9's Eric/Jeremy and BJ/Tyler, AR10's Tyler/James, AR11's Joe/Bill, AR13's Andrew/Dan and Mark/Bill in that category althought the Linz family in AR8 is awfully close to a Male/Male team) has in fact provided such a somewhat tilted playing field, but it hasn't made a difference. The Couples teams became the winners instead of Alpha Male teams. In 14 ARs, 6 Male/Male teams have won, 5 Couples teams have won, and 3 Family groups have won (Linz family, Nick/Starr and Tammy/Victor). When will a Female/Female team win? I haven't a clue but it doesn't look like in AR15.

See what spontaneousss wrote below. I did indeed forget Lyn/Karlyn, possibly because I like to keep them out of mind. I have altered the seconds sentence above accordinagly.

Off-topic. Yea, it's quite sad Lyns were the lucky ones to edge the fake Beauty Queens out of TAR 10 final 3. But i doubt the BQ's have even 0.5% chance of winning anyway.

And, i'm pretty sure team poker girls are decoys... where are their backpacks? :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #395 on: August 04, 2009, 11:47:54 AM »
I pick the 1040 AM flight. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

DavidJunior

« Reply #396 on: August 04, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »
i was just thinking:

i was thinking more between the sighting on the 27th and steffie's sighting on the 29th

they were no where to be seen for about a day and a half, which seems a little too tight to fit a whole extra country in there, so nvm...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #397 on: August 04, 2009, 12:11:50 PM »
Latvia is next.
Even though this is the spec topic, this is the third or 4th time you have stated Latvia, here and in other topics, is this fact or someplace you want to see? If you have evidence please say so. If its something you can't share public and want to keep it private, please message me or one of the other detectives, thanks  :waves:

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #398 on: August 04, 2009, 12:54:22 PM »
No bunching points in Tallinn?  :'(
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #399 on: August 04, 2009, 01:13:43 PM »
No bunching points in Tallinn?  :'(

The ferry itself was the bunch, I think.
RFF's Golden Rule: