Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 245532 times)

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2009, 08:51:19 PM »
I like the heartless guy sipping his Polar Pop in the background.

Offline dantwin

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2009, 08:57:06 PM »
Maroon it is...I wonder if her backpack is somehow involved in this little cat fight.  It isn't in the picture but maybe blondie snapped a strap during the challenge and that instigated the fight?? (wild speculation)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2009, 08:59:12 PM »
Makes me look forward to the "Elimination Station"...  :knuckles:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2009, 09:11:12 PM »
Well, if that's Miss Maroon, then short blondie must lose that fight.  Then we have the 2 guys behind them.  Neither really looks like Mr. Maroon.  This looks like a total CF.

Guess the eliminated team went straight to sequesterville (which I'm thinking Thailand again since we started in Asia?).

Offline TARdevotee

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #279 on: July 29, 2009, 05:16:27 AM »
Is it me or does the scuffling team look more like Team Green? That one guy is wearing a green shirt with those beige-colored cargo pants and the girl with her back to us has the same pants and hairstyle as his partner in the photo found on the first page of the Contestants thread.

And the other team with the blonde girl looks like the ninth team from the left in the starting line photo. I think some people were saying that ninth team was Jodah/Michelle or something, but could Jodah/Michelle actually be the 6th team from the left? One of the shirts from the 6th team from the left seems to match Michelle's. And after looking at that scuffle photo, the ninth team from the left looks more like blondie and her partner.

I dunno, maybe I'm examining too closely, haha.

And I agree, a starting line elimination SUCKS!!!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2009, 05:48:25 AM »
I PRAY it's just a mat where the last to arrive incurs a Speed Bump somewhere in Japan. (Yes I realize that Japan is an expensive country and setting up another task there would be horrible financially, but they can't possibly eliminate a team right from the start...can they? Well, I'm okay with it as long as they're guaranteed a spot in Season 16 as part of the twist...which would also guarantee a Season 16, so nothing is lost here :hearts:)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2009, 08:16:01 AM »
Lolz, I will be sad for the team that will get eliminated, I have so much hope that the mat there is only used by the teams to play childish games like last to get to mat will be going to a truth or consequence segment lol  :'(
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2009, 11:14:14 AM »
I am still hoping that there wasn't an elimination at the starting line - Could the task/mat have been to see who gets on which flight at Lax??? Maybe the Powers that be wanted a quieter entrance/exit at airport??? :duno: , and maybe the first on the Mat got Fast Forwarded???  :colors  Just grasping at any straw that may prevent the dreaded starting mat elim... :'(

DavidJunior

« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2009, 11:50:33 AM »
or maybe the last place team was forced to go on an even later flight than everyone else...

very often the last team to leave the starting line is not the last team to arrive at the airport, so they maybe forced the team to the back or even very back of the pack?

i say this because i really, REALLY don't want a starting line elimination

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2009, 12:03:49 PM »
I am still hoping that there wasn't an elimination at the starting line - Could the task/mat have been to see who gets on which flight at Lax??? Maybe the Powers that be wanted a quieter entrance/exit at airport??? :duno: , and maybe the first on the Mat got Fast Forwarded???  :colors  Just grasping at any straw that may prevent the dreaded starting mat elim... :'(

Hi caper!

Yes they did get their flights based on when they finished the challenge.  I saw only two teams (Maroon and Orange) check both AA and UA for their tix.  The rest just went straight to their designated carriers.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2009, 02:53:32 PM »
So it can be assumed the first and second get a choice in what airline to choose?

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2009, 03:53:42 PM »
Not really a spoiler - but it looks like the marathon job of editing and scoring TAR 15 has started...

SandersMusic For me, Amazing Race 15 starts TOMORROW—getting ready to commence cranking out the score. Can. Not. Wait.   14 minutes ago from web
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2009, 04:11:22 PM »
Not really a spoiler - but it looks like the marathon job of editing and scoring TAR 15 has started...

SandersMusic For me, Amazing Race 15 starts TOMORROW—getting ready to commence cranking out the score. Can. Not. Wait.   14 minutes ago from web
Lee is so freaking awesome .. :bow:

Offline Acoustic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #288 on: July 29, 2009, 06:44:40 PM »
Please don't ask where this comes from  :waves:

Is it an elimination? The picture looks like the two girls are jumping (in joy maybe?). But I don't see in any way how the picture looks like an elimination.

(im really hoping that there isn't a start line elimination  :'()

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2009, 08:39:45 PM »
Please don't ask where this comes from  :waves:
I like the heartless guy sipping his Polar Pop in the background.
Guy in white hat drinking soda for Best Actor Award please. :lol:
I'd hate to be the team last on the mat. Although I'm thinking, for the sake of that last team and for my sanity, that it's probably a NEL and they'd have to do a Speed Bump in Tokyo.
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #290 on: July 31, 2009, 12:34:35 AM »
rumors that they're now racing in Jordan and Israel after they'd left in Dubai according to one of the posted messages here for TAR 15.  And probably next week they're might be visiting to Europe next week but only few legs that are left for that continent.  Racing to Africa would be impossible for TAR 15 because Africa is too large and too far to reach to United States for the final leg.  If they're going to Europe by next week after Israel and Jordan, hope they could go to Belgium, Luxembourg, Malta or Denmark because these countries aren't visited for TAR yet.  So, cross my fingers for these countries.

DavidJunior

« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2009, 12:57:17 AM »
rumors that they're now racing in Jordan and Israel after they'd left in Dubai according to one of the posted messages here for TAR 15.  And probably next week they're might be visiting to Europe next week but only few legs that are left for that continent.  Racing to Africa would be impossible for TAR 15 because Africa is too large and too far to reach to United States for the final leg.  If they're going to Europe by next week after Israel and Jordan, hope they could go to Belgium, Luxembourg, Malta or Denmark because these countries aren't visited for TAR yet.  So, cross my fingers for these countries.

well, if you are talking East or South Africa that may have some validity.  but, that is only if they do go to Europe next.  Israel is just as good of a launching point for Sub-Saharan Africa as Europe.  And even if they did go to Europe next they still have many of North and West African countries that can be visited, many of which haven't been visited before.  (Nigeria, Ghana, Mali, Liberia, Gambia, Togo, etc.).  And it wouldn't be super difficult to go from Africa back to the U.S. (They did go the opposite direction in Season 1)

so, keep our eyes and ears open for either Europe or Africa, and lets not count out any possibility until we know the race has finished

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2009, 02:04:01 AM »
I think a probable Eastern Africa visit is probable, Egypt and Ethiopia? ^_^ Then head towards Europe and end this race.
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2009, 02:16:43 AM »
Morocco? but I'm batting zero this season  :lol:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2009, 02:19:12 AM »

That makes it three in a row of no Africa... What about Seychelles? Any Africa please!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #295 on: July 31, 2009, 05:49:14 AM »

That makes it three in a row of no Africa... What about Seychelles? Any Africa please!

Maybe they have already stopped by in Egypt? But then... they should be in Europe now. And they might be going to South America next.. which mgiht make this race 1 more continent than TAR14. :casey

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #296 on: July 31, 2009, 09:36:24 AM »

I was hoping for either Ivory Coast, Togo or Ghana. It seems TAR is not keen to go to Africa.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline tigellinus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #297 on: July 31, 2009, 11:22:27 AM »
^Couldn't imagine why....

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #298 on: July 31, 2009, 11:30:52 AM »

Morocco is still in Africa the last time I looked.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #299 on: July 31, 2009, 01:45:16 PM »

Come on, on TAR13, they flew from Moscow to Portland via Germany on the last leg, and Bolivia to New Zealand on the 4th leg becuase you are saying that Africa is too far from the USA. On season 1 they flew from NYC to South Africa and that was pretty far.  There still can be a leg in Morocco, Algeria, Mauritania, Benin, Togo, Mali, Cape Verde, or Ghana. It's possible we could have return to the 12-13 leg format since the last few seasons were 11 legs with TAR14's superleg 10 in Beijing.