Author Topic: Amazing Race 15 Contestant Spoilers / Speculation  (Read 439918 times)

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 15 Contestant Spoilers / Speculation
« Reply #950 on: September 10, 2009, 05:23:28 PM »
I can see the t-shirt now:

I

WAS ON

THE AMAZING RACE

and never left L.A.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #951 on: September 10, 2009, 07:51:06 PM »
Thanks again Racefan82 !!

the Globe Trotters have a sound guy (see the mic shadow) and cameraman in tow as well
I am a LONG way behind, since I've been on vacation, but don't decoys JUST have camera guys?  If Herb & Nate have a sound guy, as well, then couldn't they still be racing?

ETA: Never mind.  I guess it'll be the predictable, generic alpha-male/alpha-couple F3.  I must be the only one depressed by this reveal.  I hate predictability.

Ain't Cara and Jaime alpha female too?
Alpha-females getting that far are rare, though.  Alpha-males and alpha-couples getting that far, OTOH, are not.

I'm not upset at that news because the last few seasons have had weaker teams making it to the end. It's time for the couples/males to take control again.
Well, I'm glad you'll be enjoying that.

BECAUSE I WON'T BE!

Enjoy TAR15, everyone.  Wake me when the TAR16 sightings start.

Need an alarm clock? :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #952 on: September 10, 2009, 07:53:12 PM »
Anyway, the start-line elimination sort of reminded me of one of the Survivor seasons, where they did a schoolyard pick (Palau??) and 2 of the Survivors were left behind even before the game really started? (Wanda and Jonathan??)

It really sucked, because after all the anticipation and everything, you don't even get to travel or join the game for 5 minutes!!!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #953 on: September 10, 2009, 11:09:57 PM »
Yeah but they were on the island for 2 out of 3 days! They were there for 5 mins!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #954 on: September 11, 2009, 01:15:27 AM »

the Globe Trotters have a sound guy (see the mic shadow) and cameraman in tow as well
I am a LONG way behind, since I've been on vacation, but don't decoys JUST have camera guys?  If Herb & Nate have a sound guy, as well, then couldn't they still be racing?

ETA: Never mind.  I guess it'll be the predictable, generic alpha-male/alpha-couple F3.  I must be the only one depressed by this reveal.  I hate predictability.

Alpha-females getting that far are rare, though.  Alpha-males and alpha-couples getting that far, OTOH, are not.

I'm not upset at that news because the last few seasons have had weaker teams making it to the end. It's time for the couples/males to take control again.

BECAUSE I WON'T BE!

The TAR 15 male/male & couple teams don't actually seem to feel like the previous teams we've had. I think they're casting better male/male teams and co-ed teams. :D I'm so glad for that. :D
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #955 on: September 11, 2009, 02:05:43 AM »
From the Derrick Lang article:

Justin Kanew, 30, and Zev Glassenberg, 26, best friends from Los Angeles who met while working as camp counselors at Camp Greylock in Becket, Mass., are more excited about the journey than the possibility of winning the show's $1 million grand prize. Glassenberg has Asperger's syndrome, a milder form of autism.

"I don't think the fact that I have Asperger's will hinder me," Glassenberg said. "I do tend to think outside of the box, so it might help us. It'll be weird going into these social situations around the world. I might not take it all in right away, but I know I'm racing, so I'll probably get past it really fast."

Someone with Asperger's Syndrome?  Wow!  I had a character with it in my Fantasy Amazing Race story!  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that Zev will get as far as my character did!

Belle Book

"Unfortunately  it doesn't seem that Zev will get as far"  You should watch what you say here, I have Asperger's too and I really think Zev and his teammate Justin has a chance to make it very far even to the final 5.  I'm also rooting for the Father/Son team too this coming season and by the way read thier team bio on the CBS website and Matt is a fan of "Metal Music" and some Metalheads dye thier hairs different colors even pink.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #956 on: September 11, 2009, 02:23:16 AM »

Justin Kanew, 30, and Zev Glassenberg, 26, best friends from Los Angeles who met while working as camp counselors at Camp Greylock in Becket, Mass., are more excited about the journey than the possibility of winning the show's $1 million grand prize. Glassenberg has Asperger's syndrome, a milder form of autism.

"I don't think the fact that I have Asperger's will hinder me," Glassenberg said. "I do tend to think outside of the box, so it might help us. It'll be weird going into these social situations around the world. I might not take it all in right away, but I know I'm racing, so I'll probably get past it really fast."

Someone with Asperger's Syndrome?  Wow!  I had a character with it in my Fantasy Amazing Race story!  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that Zev will get as far as my character did!

Belle Book

"Unfortunately  it doesn't seem that Zev will get as far"  You should watch what you say here, I have Asperger's too and I really think Zev and his teammate Justin has a chance to make it very far even to the final 5.  I'm also rooting for the Father/Son team too this coming season and by the way read thier team bio on the CBS website and Matt is a fan of "Metal Music" and some Metalheads dye thier hairs different colors even pink.

I think Belle's referring to spoilers, not Zev/Justin's abilities. They were last spotted in Phnom Penh, along with Canaan & Mika and supposedly Lance & Keri. Brian & Ericka, Meghan & Cheyne, Sam & Dan are the supposed F3. Gary & Matt, Herb & Nate, Tiffany & Maria are the supposed 4th-6th placers, meaning they finish somewhere in 7th-9th place.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #957 on: September 11, 2009, 07:39:22 AM »
what if, the team that gets eliminated at the start this season (Eric and Lisa), get to star in the next one?

like a "sorry we totally destroyed your chances of actually participating this season, so as consolation, we'll bring you back next time" sort of deal...

then i, as an avid viewer of the show, wouldn't feel so terribly for them, and wouldn't think that BVM is an evil monster with a black hole for a heart

I had the same thought.   Hopefully we'll be seeing the vegans in TAR16!

I can't think of a good rerason to see the vegans in any future Amazing Race. The precedent is already set. Have you seen Billel/Said again? Their elimination was very similar to the vegans except that they got to have a trans-Pacific flight (and later one back from AR10 sequester).

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #958 on: September 11, 2009, 02:54:12 PM »
what if, the team that gets eliminated at the start this season (Eric and Lisa), get to star in the next one?

like a "sorry we totally destroyed your chances of actually participating this season, so as consolation, we'll bring you back next time" sort of deal...

then i, as an avid viewer of the show, wouldn't feel so terribly for them, and wouldn't think that BVM is an evil monster with a black hole for a heart

I had the same thought.   Hopefully we'll be seeing the vegans in TAR16!

I can't think of a good rerason to see the vegans in any future Amazing Race. The precedent is already set. Have you seen Billel/Said again? Their elimination was very similar to the vegans except that they got to have a trans-Pacific flight (and later one back from AR10 sequester).

Bilal & Sa'eed?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #959 on: September 11, 2009, 03:48:49 PM »

Someone with Asperger's Syndrome?  Wow!  I had a character with it in my Fantasy Amazing Race story!  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that Zev will get as far as my character did!

Belle Book

"Unfortunately  it doesn't seem that Zev will get as far"  You should watch what you say here, I have Asperger's too and I really think Zev and his teammate Justin has a chance to make it very far even to the final 5.  I'm also rooting for the Father/Son team too this coming season and by the way read thier team bio on the CBS website and Matt is a fan of "Metal Music" and some Metalheads dye thier hairs different colors even pink.

I think Belle's referring to spoilers, not Zev/Justin's abilities. They were last spotted in Phnom Penh, along with Canaan & Mika and supposedly Lance & Keri. Brian & Ericka, Meghan & Cheyne, Sam & Dan are the supposed F3. Gary & Matt, Herb & Nate, Tiffany & Maria are the supposed 4th-6th placers, meaning they finish somewhere in 7th-9th place.

Yeah, that's exactly why I said what I said.  The supposed Final 3 don't include Zev & Justin, and the supposed 4th-6th place finishers don't include them either.  Therefore, they don't make it as far as my Fantasy team did.

Belle Book

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #960 on: September 12, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »

BECAUSE I WON'T BE!

The TAR 15 male/male & couple teams don't actually seem to feel like the previous teams we've had. I think they're casting better male/male teams and co-ed teams. :D I'm so glad for that. :D
Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.  THEY'RE NOT.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Acoustic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #961 on: September 12, 2009, 07:04:53 PM »
Yeah, actually i am very excited to see how this race turns out... the past seasons we had a lot of weaker teams in the race. This season is full of physically capable teams so it might turn out pretty intense. everyone has their opinion, and i think that this season has pretty good male/male teams.

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #962 on: September 12, 2009, 07:07:12 PM »

Was there ever a consensus on whether Chateau's picture of Lisa and Eric at the Elimimat is really an angry outburst or perhaps an excited but honest collision (with Garret and Jessica, I think), a la, "No, go back and try again."?

I have my doubts it will air.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #963 on: September 12, 2009, 07:20:07 PM »
Look at Jessica's feet...she is nearly in midair...looks to me like she is trying to jump out of the way.

My guess would be an honest oopsie as Eric and Lisa make another dash back to the wall.  All spec, of course. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #964 on: September 13, 2009, 01:45:05 AM »
I concur on the collision theory.

There is some strange shadow across Lisa's wrist that made me think it was someone else's shirt sleeve.  And then I thought that Lisa's shoulder was a fist at the end of that arm.  But I can't find anything else there that suggests another body.  Also, all other 'bodies' are accounted for because they are elsewhere in the shot or they are already at the cars when the shot was taken.

So let's just call it a collision.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #965 on: September 13, 2009, 03:35:21 AM »

Try to keep a positive outlook, Ashe. :) Normally, I dismiss the all-male & co-ed teams. They just seem more entertaining this time.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #966 on: September 13, 2009, 06:14:59 AM »

Try to keep a positive outlook, Ashe. :) Normally, I dismiss the all-male & co-ed teams. They just seem more entertaining this time.

I agree. These All-Male and Co-Ed teams should be entertaining because producers (or CBS) casted 11/12 of them. I mean, all-girls were really really entertaining (like from every season). They should really be fantastic enough to leave only one all-girl team in the list.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #967 on: September 13, 2009, 06:41:10 AM »
My perspective is that Lisa or Eric got tripped while running to the mat or something happened that made Lisa angry and thought that Jessica had caused their elimination. This is PURELY speculation though.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #968 on: September 13, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »
It is being speculated (possibly proven as fact already - I'm still reading) that the 2 hour premier is actually 2 - 1 hour shows.  If this is so and we have an elimination at the end of each and an elimination before the racers leave LA then we'll be losing 3 teams on the the first night of viewing.  Surely we won't lose 1/4 of the teams the first night . . .   will we???

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #969 on: September 13, 2009, 08:37:49 PM »
It is being speculated (possibly proven as fact already - I'm still reading) that the 2 hour premier is actually 2 - 1 hour shows.  If this is so and we have an elimination at the end of each and an elimination before the racers leave LA then we'll be losing 3 teams on the the first night of viewing.  Surely we won't lose 1/4 of the teams the first night . . .   will we???
Yes, Hooky already speculated that, but if that is true, than that will make me very unhappy, because these teams are so great!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #970 on: September 13, 2009, 08:51:55 PM »
It is being speculated (possibly proven as fact already - I'm still reading) that the 2 hour premier is actually 2 - 1 hour shows.  If this is so and we have an elimination at the end of each and an elimination before the racers leave LA then we'll be losing 3 teams on the the first night of viewing.  Surely we won't lose 1/4 of the teams the first night . . .   will we???
Yes, Hooky already speculated that, but if that is true, than that will make me very unhappy, because these teams are so great!

The two-leg (or at least two countries) speculation is now confirmed. Sadly, it IS two single episodes.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

DavidJunior

« Reply #971 on: September 14, 2009, 01:21:12 AM »
maybe it is a no NEL season?

if there are only 10 legs, and one turned out to be a TBC, that would leave room for one team to be eliminated at the start, and have the rest of the legs be straight eliminations

but, this is ONLY SPEC.

and i am actually highly doubtful of this myself, but hey, someone should at least put it out there, right? :duno:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #972 on: September 14, 2009, 05:16:13 PM »
maybe it is a no NEL season?

if there are only 10 legs, and one turned out to be a TBC, that would leave room for one team to be eliminated at the start, and have the rest of the legs be straight eliminations

but, this is ONLY SPEC.

and i am actually highly doubtful of this myself, but hey, someone should at least put it out there, right? :duno:

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I don't think they will get rid of non-elims. The last time they "did" that it was a mistake and Van Munster himself said something like this (not an exact quote): "...there is always a non-elimination somewhere in there." So I don't think non-elims are going away any time soon.

Offline spanishtarfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #973 on: September 18, 2009, 03:21:18 AM »
Poker ladies interview!!

9 minutes long. Enjoy  :jumpy:

http://cbs2.com/video/?id=113986

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #974 on: September 18, 2009, 08:58:05 AM »
Thanks Spanish!

So that interview was made post race.  But spoken as if it was before.  That's just my take on it because of their statement that they were the only all girl team.

If they told them that were the only all girl team them it may be really prior to July 18th.   :duno:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders