Author Topic: Amazing Race 15 Contestant Spoilers / Speculation  (Read 439914 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Amazing Race 15 Contestant Spoilers / Speculation
« Reply #925 on: September 09, 2009, 10:07:05 AM »
And i thought i was gonna hate Dan and Sam, but they're currently one of my pre-season favourites alone with Ericka and Brian, not just because they made it to the end.. :res: :hearts:

This is great. Foresee a great season ahead. :funny:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #926 on: September 09, 2009, 10:10:08 AM »
Well as a gay man, I sure hope I like this gay team.  Yummy, brothers!!!  That brings back good memorys.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #927 on: September 09, 2009, 10:17:39 AM »
Well as a gay man, I sure hope I like this gay team.  Yummy, brothers!!!  That brings back good memorys.

:jumpy: It has been soooo long since i last rooted for an all-male team, hope they won't disappoint. (Mel and Mike were nice, but not my favourites)

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
« Reply #928 on: September 09, 2009, 10:19:17 AM »
From the Derrick Lang article:

Justin Kanew, 30, and Zev Glassenberg, 26, best friends from Los Angeles who met while working as camp counselors at Camp Greylock in Becket, Mass., are more excited about the journey than the possibility of winning the show's $1 million grand prize. Glassenberg has Asperger's syndrome, a milder form of autism.

"I don't think the fact that I have Asperger's will hinder me," Glassenberg said. "I do tend to think outside of the box, so it might help us. It'll be weird going into these social situations around the world. I might not take it all in right away, but I know I'm racing, so I'll probably get past it really fast."

When i read this i just remembered Heather from Top Model Cycle 9! :hearts:

So maybe TAR is trying to get into the ANTM route by having some people with disabilities be cast on the race --Sarah, Luke, then Zev (not meant to be disrespetful or anything)..
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:22:25 AM by spontaneousss »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #929 on: September 09, 2009, 10:21:24 AM »
About time you came out to play mswood  :jumpy:!  I think Dan & Sam will be fan favorites!  :hearts:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #930 on: September 09, 2009, 10:25:08 AM »
I know I have been so busy at work, I think I hav ehad one day off in the last month and a half.  Finally I said screw it, I will just post from work if I have to.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #931 on: September 09, 2009, 10:31:05 AM »
About time you came out to play mswood  :jumpy:!  I think Dan & Sam will be fan favorites!  :hearts:

Yes, they look to me like an extremely nice team to love. Love their profile and bio.

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #932 on: September 09, 2009, 12:09:46 PM »
I was hoping that the starting line elimination spoiler was wrong . going all this way and being eliminated without even leaving the U.S. that's just harsh  :'(.
Poor Eric and Lisa.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:17:37 PM by retard boi »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #933 on: September 09, 2009, 12:16:04 PM »
How could it be wrong?

CBS is screaming it in the media

BIGGER PREMIERE, FASTER COURSE, ONE TEAM GOES HOME BEFORE LEAVING THE STARTING LINE -- CBS Announces the 12 Teams Racing in the 15th Installment Of The Emmy Award-Winning Series "The Amazing Race" Premiering on Sept. 27
Season 15 also features the quickest elimination in the history of the series, sending one Team home before they leave the starting line

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #934 on: September 09, 2009, 01:02:08 PM »
I was loving the cast before the official release, but now that we actually know a lot more about them, I love them even more!

Great job everyone!  :tup:

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #935 on: September 09, 2009, 03:08:48 PM »
I was loving the cast before the official release, but now that we actually know a lot more about them, I love them even more!

Great job everyone!  :tup:
I agree, I thought this season's cast would be horrible since there are a lot of mactors in it, but overall they seem like they'll be an excellent group to watch. Thank you so much all for bringing it to us in advance! :hearts:
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #936 on: September 09, 2009, 03:39:27 PM »
My definition of "mactors" must be different than most, then.  While this is a really attractive cast, not all of them are models or wannabe actors.  I don't include beauty queens, singers, dancers and writers in the "mactor" category.

If by "mactors," you mean "eye candy," why yes, there's plenty of that this season.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 05:21:33 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #937 on: September 09, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »
My definition of "mactors" must be different than most, then.  While thus us a really attractive cast, not all of them are mpdels or wannabe actors.  I don't include beauty queens, singers, dancers and writers in the "mactor" category.

If by "mactors," ypu mean "eye candy," why yes, there's plenty of that this season.

By mactors, I was using a very broad term referring to people who are famous for various reasons - Maria & Tiffany had a lot of exposure, as did Ericka and the Globetrotters. But don't get me wrong, I realize that not everyone in this category is bad (I actually happen to like all those teams mentioned above). :)
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline bandsofblue

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #938 on: September 09, 2009, 05:51:48 PM »
Maybe Eric & Lisa aren't eliminated, because they look like a strong team, but maybe they got into some kind of fight and were DQ'ed?  :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #939 on: September 09, 2009, 05:57:52 PM »
Maybe Eric & Lisa aren't eliminated, because they look like a strong team, but maybe they got into some kind of fight and were DQ'ed?  :duno:
No. CBS is advertising an elimination at the start.

I personally think that it is cruel and as a viewer don't want to see that, but BVM and CBS must think drama overrules human decency.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #940 on: September 09, 2009, 05:59:52 PM »
The promo says 1 team is eliminated before they begin racing.  Unfortunately Eria and Lisa aren't seen again.  There are 12 teams and 11 cars, all other teams have been documented at either the airport or later in the race.

I agree peach, it's cruel to eliminate a team before they leave the states after all they have to do to get on the show. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 06:03:03 PM by s1 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #941 on: September 09, 2009, 06:02:51 PM »
Re the twelve team question,  How about this?

Twelve teams start out at the lineup and only eleven teams drive off to LAX.

One team has been eliminated on the spot, at the initial challenge!

It's just a hunch on my part but I am starting to see lots of evidence that point towards us having a Philimination right at the start!

Video by Chateau!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #942 on: September 09, 2009, 06:52:48 PM »
From the Derrick Lang article:

Justin Kanew, 30, and Zev Glassenberg, 26, best friends from Los Angeles who met while working as camp counselors at Camp Greylock in Becket, Mass., are more excited about the journey than the possibility of winning the show's $1 million grand prize. Glassenberg has Asperger's syndrome, a milder form of autism.

"I don't think the fact that I have Asperger's will hinder me," Glassenberg said. "I do tend to think outside of the box, so it might help us. It'll be weird going into these social situations around the world. I might not take it all in right away, but I know I'm racing, so I'll probably get past it really fast."

Someone with Asperger's Syndrome?  Wow!  I had a character with it in my Fantasy Amazing Race story!  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that Zev will get as far as my character did!

Belle Book

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #943 on: September 10, 2009, 01:10:11 AM »
nvm
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:30:30 AM by graytex »

DavidJunior

« Reply #944 on: September 10, 2009, 02:49:17 AM »
what if, the team that gets eliminated at the start this season (Eric and Lisa), get to star in the next one?

like a "sorry we totally destroyed your chances of actually participating this season, so as consolation, we'll bring you back next time" sort of deal...

then i, as an avid viewer of the show, wouldn't feel so terribly for them, and wouldn't think that BVM is an evil monster with a black hole for a heart

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #945 on: September 10, 2009, 03:46:44 AM »
Thanks again Racefan82 !!

the Globe Trotters have a sound guy (see the mic shadow) and cameraman in tow as well
I am a LONG way behind, since I've been on vacation, but don't decoys JUST have camera guys?  If Herb & Nate have a sound guy, as well, then couldn't they still be racing?

ETA: Never mind.  I guess it'll be the predictable, generic alpha-male/alpha-couple F3.  I must be the only one depressed by this reveal.  I hate predictability.

Ain't Cara and Jaime alpha female too?
Alpha-females getting that far are rare, though.  Alpha-males and alpha-couples getting that far, OTOH, are not.

I'm not upset at that news because the last few seasons have had weaker teams making it to the end. It's time for the couples/males to take control again.
Well, I'm glad you'll be enjoying that.

BECAUSE I WON'T BE!

Enjoy TAR15, everyone.  Wake me when the TAR16 sightings start.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Acoustic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #946 on: September 10, 2009, 03:50:56 AM »

:jumpy: It has been soooo long since i last rooted for an all-male team, hope they won't disappoint. (Mel and Mike were nice, but not my favourites)

me too! first time since i started watching (since season 12) that i am rooting for an all male team!

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #947 on: September 10, 2009, 11:08:44 AM »
what if, the team that gets eliminated at the start this season (Eric and Lisa), get to star in the next one?

like a "sorry we totally destroyed your chances of actually participating this season, so as consolation, we'll bring you back next time" sort of deal...

then i, as an avid viewer of the show, wouldn't feel so terribly for them, and wouldn't think that BVM is an evil monster with a black hole for a heart

I had the same thought.   Hopefully we'll be seeing the vegans in TAR16!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #948 on: September 10, 2009, 02:13:54 PM »
I am very curious if the team eliminated at the get go even gets to go to sequester.  Becuase as much as it would suck to be get booted before even getting into a car, I had better get three weeks of primo vacation!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #949 on: September 10, 2009, 02:19:22 PM »
Somehow I don't think WRP would want a sad, disappointed, potentially angry team NOT in sequester...kwim??

But it IS funny they don't seem to know everyone. :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.