Author Topic: Amazing Race 15 Contestant Spoilers / Speculation  (Read 440824 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 15 Contestant Spoilers / Speculation
« Reply #600 on: August 09, 2009, 11:32:21 AM »
I thought they might be our skydivers in Dubai but thats out of the question right? and def not sort of old  :lol:
So its one of the mystery duos but which ...

they promised us free skydiving lessons in America if they could use our mobile. they teach skydiving. I want try but I'll be too scared!

we were in Dubi. they were sorta old but not 2 old. The wife was really nice, made me laugh. i didn't talk 2 the husband he was on mobile

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
« Reply #601 on: August 09, 2009, 11:44:59 AM »
I thought they might be our skydivers in Dubai but thats out of the question right? and def not sort of old  :lol:
So its one of the mystery duos but which ...

they promised us free skydiving lessons in America if they could use our mobile. they teach skydiving. I want try but I'll be too scared!

we were in Dubi. they were sorta old but not 2 old. The wife was really nice, made me laugh. i didn't talk 2 the husband he was on mobile

imo more likely brian and ericka.. or it could be the team eliminated in dubai.. :duno:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 11:54:36 AM by spontaneousss »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #602 on: August 09, 2009, 12:22:10 PM »
Well how about this? We think Steff saw the teams leaving Dubai right? to the Netherlands and there are 6  teams witnessed  there and we know 100% the Globe Trotters, the poker girls, team orange males, Cheyne and Meg and the father/son duo then Ericka and Brian. To me none of these teams fit with Stefs sighting so perhaps there were 7 teams at this point with the so called skydivers going out perhaps in Masada? The Dubai to Masada spec might be looking good.
Dutch  Samadhi heard the teams came from Dubai to Zoutkamp, the Netherlands so as someone has suggested the teams could have back tracked thru Dubai to the Netherlands.
All this unless of course Brian/Erika or Cheyne/Meg are skydive instructors  :lol:

find thanks to caper
http://stephanc-whileimaway.blogspot.com/

edited because :spell
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 02:19:12 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #603 on: August 09, 2009, 12:57:53 PM »
That's getting to be more and more plausible.  We need the fastest way from Dubai to Masada and then from Masada to withing driving distance from Vierhuizen (as Apskip has pointed out:  it need not be AMS)

All on July 29th !!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #604 on: August 09, 2009, 01:35:34 PM »
Chateau,

Wow! There are some perfect fits for what we are looking for:

Incoming Dubai to Amman choice of 2 flights landing 20 minutes apart:
 DBX AMM  EK901 0725 0920 or RJ613 0730 0940

Tel Aviv to Frankfurt: TLV FRA LH6871645 2000
connecting to            FRA BRE LH350 2125 2220

An alternative is Tel Aviv to Amesterdam TLV AMS LY339 1705 2110

Bremen is actually closer to Amsterdam and has a lower probability of an airport siting (because nobosy would expect the Amazing Race there), so I prefer the first approach but the second gives a precious 20 minutes extra on a very tight timetable for teams to do their land routes to and from Massada.

As Professor Henry Higgins was fond of saying, "I think we've got it."

The Amman to Masada to Tel Aviv portion would be by self-drivecar or taxi. The only almost-certainty is using the Allenby/King Hussein gate to go into East Jerusalem, since it is one of only 3 border crossings between Israel and Jordan and the other 2 are far north and far south of it.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 02:22:19 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #605 on: August 09, 2009, 01:59:33 PM »
I now have the land distances associated with my post above.

The distance from Amman to Jerusalem is only 45 miles, but it can take up to 5 hours or longer. I have to assume that World Race Productions has obtained prior authorization for that to be expedited, so let's say 1.5 hours for this portion.

From Jerusalem south to Massada on the west bank of the Dead Sea is 90km, or 55 miles. Say 1.5 hours for that segment since the first part is very urban and congested.

Assume that the tasks at Massada will take one hour and end in a TBC.

From Massada northwest to Ben Gurion Airport is 133 km or 83 miles. Let's say 1.5 hours for that segment since it is mostly rural.

The resulting timeline is:

ready to go from Amman International Airport 1020
across King Hussein/Allenby Gate 1150
arrive Massada 1320
leave Massada 1420
arrive Ben Gurion 1550
departure of LH687 to Frankfurt 1645

There is no slack in these assumptions. That is barely enough time for teams to buy tickets adn get onto LH687, but it could potentially have been done.

Comments from those who have driven around Israel more recently than me (1981) will be appreciated, particualrly on whether the border crossing could be expedited and how long it takes to drive in those parts of Israel.

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #606 on: August 09, 2009, 02:14:35 PM »
SAM McMILLEN AND DAN McMILLEN. BROTHERS AND COLLEGE STUDENTS FROM MISSOURI.

They're originally from Liberty, MO. Sam is 23 and Dan is 21. Sam studies biology/anthropolgy. He's also a camp counselor. Dan is a business admin student. He enjoys traveling. They are the "Red Team" believed to be out early.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #607 on: August 09, 2009, 02:31:00 PM »
Wow, great job!  :yess:

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #608 on: August 09, 2009, 02:37:21 PM »

They're originally from Liberty, MO. Sam is 23 and Dan is 21. Sam studies biology/anthropolgy. He's also a camp counselor. Dan is a business admin student. He enjoys traveling. They are the "Red Team" believed to be out early.

Are you sure?
they don't really look like them, then agian those could be very good pics ... anyway brother teams sounds logical... male siblings teams usually don't do so well.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #609 on: August 09, 2009, 02:41:16 PM »
THANK YOU, Macaroons!! TWO teams!  :wohoo:

I love it when we get their names, makes me feel like we have really met them at last!!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Good EARS puddin!!  :jam: :yess: :jam:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #610 on: August 09, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »

Are you sure?
they don't really look like them, then agian those could be very good pics ... anyway brother teams sounds logical... male siblings teams usually don't do so well.

I don't really think they look like the red guys either, but he did just get us Cheyne & Meghan, so I'm just gona go with it.

ETA: Sam is also friends with Brian

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #611 on: August 09, 2009, 02:47:14 PM »
Why are we discussing timeline spoiler info in THE CONTESTANT  thread please?? I just spent an hour posting about this in TIMELINES, although Spec on Spoilers would also have been okay.  :meow:

No wonder it was lonesome over there. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #612 on: August 09, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »

ETA: Sam is also friends with Brian

What does this mean please??

And I would suggest that both you and retard boi say thank you very much to Macaroons and pay close attention to what s/he says. :angel:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #613 on: August 09, 2009, 02:59:06 PM »
haha I did. And by Brian, I mean Ericka's husband.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #614 on: August 09, 2009, 03:03:03 PM »
Sam is also freinds with Brian Kleinschmidt is what he means !
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #615 on: August 09, 2009, 03:14:11 PM »

Thanks again Macaroons :jumpy:! CBS might as well just release the team names  ;)

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #616 on: August 09, 2009, 03:15:37 PM »
And by no means do I mean to questioned Macaroons, but we are all in this together, so I'm throwing this out there. What if Sam is racing with a Dan, just not his brother Dan. I present you Dan Howie.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=9604294&ref=sgm

I can't figure out how to save pictures on my laptop, so this is is how I'll have to do it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #617 on: August 09, 2009, 03:17:10 PM »

I see...but what do you mean exactly? Facebook friends? what?  As in they know each other pre-race?  ???

I got WHO you meant, just not WHY you meant it, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #618 on: August 09, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »
Dan

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #619 on: August 09, 2009, 03:21:24 PM »

I see...but what do you mean exactly? Facebook friends? what?  As in they know each other pre-race?  ???

Facebook Friends. Really just that it connects them. I doubt they would have met each other if they both were not on the race.

Offline EnduranceRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #620 on: August 09, 2009, 03:23:53 PM »

i think he meant that on survivor after the show the cast usually befriends eachother on social networks. For Gabon once we figured out Jaquie was on we looked for incosistencies in places where people were from and spoilerd 6 others. So if they are friends with Brian its a big red flag that they're on the race.

hope that helps!! Nice work everyone!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #621 on: August 09, 2009, 03:27:17 PM »
That's getting to be more and more plausible.  We need the fastest way from Dubai to Masada and then from Masada to withing driving distance from Vierhuizen (as Apskip has pointed out:  it need not be AMS)

All on July 29th !!

Or July 30th early:

re Masada:

I just checked flights from Tel Aviv on the 30th.

There is a direct flight to Brussels dep110 arr 505 ish which could connect to a shuttle to AMS, wh actually arrived at 712  AM. So logistically tight, but possible?

July 27th should have been taskday/Pitstop in Dubai, allowing teams to depart Dubai on the 28th.

If Steffi saw them on the 28th, not the 29th afterall, could we still queeze this in?

Jusy don't want us to write this off as not TAR 15 prematurely...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #622 on: August 09, 2009, 03:32:51 PM »

i think he meant that on survivor after the show the cast usually befriends eachother on social networks. For Gabon once we figured out Jaquie was on we looked for incosistencies in places where people were from and spoilerd 6 others. So if they are friends with Brian its a big red flag that they're on the race.

hope that helps!! Nice work everyone!

In TAR, that only works POSt the actual running of the race.

Teams certainly see each other at interviews, including final nterviews, but are strictly NOT allowed any contact. And in the week pre-race, they are also sequestered and not allowed to talk to each other, and there is no Internet use.

So if they were friends PRE-race, that is VERY interesting, but tells you nothing st all about them being on the race.

TAR 12 had several people who knew each other from high school, the season with all the pageant girls knew each other from competitions, but I can't right now think of any one on the same race who really had a pre-existing friendship...can y'all? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #623 on: August 09, 2009, 03:35:24 PM »

Facebook Friends. Really just that it connects them. I doubt they would have met each other if they both were not on the race.

Unless they friended each other yesterday, it isn't from the race. See above.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline EnduranceRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #624 on: August 09, 2009, 03:40:28 PM »
^^^^ I completely forgot but thats why your such an awesome detective! very interesting. . . . . .