Author Topic: Amazing Race 15 Contestant Spoilers / Speculation  (Read 440780 times)

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Re: Amazing Race 15 Contestant Spoilers
« Reply #250 on: July 20, 2009, 07:02:41 AM »
Chateau,

Great pic. Poker fanboys are going to love Tiffany and Maria together. There could be some fireworks between those two because both tend to be Type A personalities.

For real.  Some of the sites will be in for a treat upon their finding out about this.  Especially wickedchopspoker!  They'll probably just lose it (in a positive way) and have a lot of material to tune into.  Same with CardPlayer, a more professional group that will probably do a story or two about Tiffany and Maria during the season.  Given the fact that this season will run during the NFL season, and around this fall's big finale for the summer poker tournaments that just ended last week, this could actually be good for poker.  But, IMO, much better for TAR (especially after we factor the athletes and the other stars into the mix).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #251 on: July 20, 2009, 09:31:51 AM »
Does anyone find it odd that there is a "12" marked on "Brian's" bag? There is a "6" marked on the Red team's bags in a photo that looks identical, so if bags were numbered by team, doesn't this suggest that there might be 12 teams after all? I think I may have seen an "8" on another team somewhere but can't recall.
I think we have seen 12's before in previous seasons when there were only 11 teams.   :duno:

A little late for this...but if that really is a 12 on their backpack tag then there ARE 12 teams. No "buts" about it!

We can confirm that these orange tags are official because they have been in every season since 7 (and in seasons 2 through 6 they were blue) and have never been false to the best of my knowledge. So to me this confirms 12 teams regardless of how many we can see in the starting line photo. It's the most reliable, solid evidence we can get besides actually knowing the identities of all 12 teams.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #252 on: July 20, 2009, 09:43:30 AM »
Just checked and that definitely is a 12 on Brian's bag - so I also believe there are 12 teams. In a way this makes sense since there is going to be a 2 hour premiere.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #253 on: July 20, 2009, 09:46:51 AM »
Just checked and that definitely is a 12 on Brian's bag - so I also believe there are 12 teams. In a way this makes sense since there is going to be a 2 hour premiere.

:yess:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #254 on: July 20, 2009, 09:50:05 AM »
Re the twelve team question,  How about this?

Twelve teams start out at the lineup and only eleven teams drive off to LAX.

One team has been eliminated on the spot, at the initial challenge!

It's just a hunch on my part but I am starting to see lots of evidence that point towards us having a Philimination right at the start!

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #255 on: July 20, 2009, 09:54:31 AM »

It's just a hunch on my part but I am starting to see lots of evidence that point towards us having a Philimination right at the start!

OMG. This is painful. it's like Top Chef 5 where two players gets eliminated even before reaching the apartment they live in.

Hopefully they just got lost. Please!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #256 on: July 20, 2009, 10:02:37 AM »

ouch... Imagine not getting to travel anywhere. I have to wonder, if this does occur would the eliminated team even go to sequesterville or would they simply be sent home?

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #257 on: July 20, 2009, 10:31:30 AM »

This is pretty much like Survivor Palau, but oddly, not as much as TAR10.  With TAR10, the first team out had a chance at surviving, and they had more control over their own destiny (despite not knowing about the mid-leg Philimination).

OTOH, with Survivor TEN, those two unfortunate souls had no control.  Someone's going to be left out, no complete intention there.  Well, they actually did have control, IIRC.  They could have won that first Individual IC in the opener.  Still, it emulates Palau more than, if not as much as TAR10.

ETA:

ouch... Imagine not getting to travel anywhere. I have to wonder, if this does occur would the eliminated team even go to sequesterville or would they simply be sent home?

Sequesterville.  They would still know the identities of the other teams as well as some of the other stuff, including the fact that they were left out of the race so early.  They're family would be asking them, "Well, that was a quick filming process!  I thought you were going to be in Egypt for a month!  What happened?!!" 

Then they'll be all like, "Uh, we were planning to make a stop in Russia, but because we're too stupid to keep our visas on hand, we had to settle with a trip to Luxor Las Vegas instead."

Still, that a very good question.  I think they're definitely not going to be going back home to their loved ones, but the question is which sequesterville will they be sent to.  They're probably be somewhere in the States, near the finish line.  However, that would suck to be sans anyone else for 3 weeks.  So chances are that they'll fly with TAR staff, straight to the main sequesterville with the other first 6 boots.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:39:27 AM by revengefullycreative »

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #258 on: July 20, 2009, 10:34:42 AM »
If so...
the seemingly token "old couple" blue team managed to outrun another team?   :lol:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #259 on: July 20, 2009, 10:35:06 AM »
I'll try to match up the lineup id's as best as I can at this point.

Please bear in mind that this shot was taken at a distance of over 2000 feet  That is why it is pixelated!

I put numbers above each team that indicate their position from the left end (the left end is also the West end) of the line up.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:18:10 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #260 on: July 20, 2009, 10:43:40 AM »
Team 5

Checked in and boarded UA 891 to Tokyo
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:59:07 AM by Chateau d If »

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #261 on: July 20, 2009, 10:47:10 AM »
For a second, that looked like Nick and Alex (Linz, not Spangler or Boylin), but with a second look, not really.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2009, 10:57:42 AM »
Team 6

Checked in and boarded AA 169 to Tokyo.

Her name is Jessica but I may have mixed that up and it is really Martha  :duno:

And I think his name is Gerrod or Rod.  Sorry for the crappy memory!   :groan:

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2009, 11:03:27 AM »
Just wondering, how do you find there names?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2009, 11:06:17 AM »
Team 7

This is the Green team.  They checked in and boarded UA 891 at gate 76

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #265 on: July 20, 2009, 11:13:58 AM »
Just so you know, the tag numbers are not the same as the order at the starting line.
So we have team 5, 6, 12. (Tags)  That's all I have seen.

I know, I am just informing everybody.
V
V
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:57:17 AM by Snooky »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #266 on: July 20, 2009, 11:14:57 AM »
Team 8

The Red team is the one that I thought best fits the racer-coined designation of 'Team Bon Jovi'  YMMV

They checked in and boarded AA 169 to Tokyo.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #267 on: July 20, 2009, 11:19:41 AM »
Come on, pay attention!

The numbers only refer to the ones I put on the line up shot!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #268 on: July 20, 2009, 11:28:20 AM »
Team 9

This team does not seem to have a color.  But I heard her name was Mikka (I'm not 100% sure though)

They checked in and boarded UA flight 891 to Tokyo

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #269 on: July 20, 2009, 11:37:12 AM »
Team 10

This is the Poker Player team (Maria Ho for sure, and Tiffany Michelle probably).  Looks like purple is their color.

They checked in and boarded AA flight 169 to Tokyo.  They were one of, if not, the first teams to get to the AA checkin.

Maybe somebody can positively id the second member of this team using the enlargement below!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:50:44 AM by Chateau d If »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2009, 11:39:16 AM »
TAR uses two greens: Army Green and Green.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #271 on: July 20, 2009, 11:54:46 AM »
Team 11

Big Blue team.  From the Harlem Globetrotters. 

They checked in and boarded AA flight 169 to Tokyo. 

They were also early to arrive at the AA checkin.  But behind team Poker.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #272 on: July 20, 2009, 11:57:18 AM »
Team 12

Never to be seen again.

This could be the first team to be Philiminated.

Offline spanishtarfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #273 on: July 20, 2009, 12:22:45 PM »
 :ascared :ascared :ascared Not reaching the airport and already eliminated?

Who can think on different ways this could have happened?

-I personally think that there are 11 teams or that the 12th team has gotten lost.  Older couples have previously "amazed" us (Granny's on TAR 2 for example), so the 12th team could have been outruned by the "old ones".

Would have Phil eliminated the last team to make it to their bags? If I was a part of the production team and putting money into it I would not spend the money on one couple that would last 3 seconds in the show. It just doesn't make sense to me, but hey! who knows, this is the Amazing Race!!

Here's an amazing possibility: Could the 12th team be joining the rest at the first pit stop?

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: July 20, 2009, 12:24:45 PM »
Team 10

This is the Poker Player team (Maria Ho for sure, and Tiffany Michelle probably).  Looks like purple is their color.

They checked in and boarded AA flight 169 to Tokyo.  They were one of, if not, the first teams to get to the AA checkin.

Maybe somebody can positively id the second member of this team using the enlargement below!

The face dimensions fit with Tiffany Michelle...
The angles of the two photos don't match exactly but the jaw structure is an almost exact match and the distance between the eyes is the same.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere