The Amazing Race International Versions > The Amazing Race: International Versions

Amazing Race Africa: "Goldrush"

(1/4) > >>

georgiapeach:
This smells of hoax to me....the premise of asking for an undisclosed amount of $$ in order to participate in the treasure hunt seems quite unorthodox, not to mention perhaps extortionist.

But sharing this with a caution:  :ascared

--- Quote ---Welcome To The Home Of The Toughest Race On Earth!

The 7-time Emmy Award winning reality travel competition comes to Africa. We guarantee you that the  drama, thrill , intense excitment, competition and tough challenges will create one of the best television content, programmes that African TV has seen in recent times.

Get ready for the African version of the Hit reality TV series. With trials of Road Blocks, Fast Forwards, Yields, Intersections and Detours, the African Race will see 12 teams of Two, travel across 14 countries and 2 continents passing through  all major African cities from Cairo, to Nairobi, to Johannesburg, to Lagos, it promises to be a race that lives up to its name.

Teams will win lots of prizes along the way, but for the team that turns out to have the most endurance, strength and wits and makes it across the finish line first, they shall take home the grand prize of $250,000.

and YES theres something to for the fans to, for those who do not make it to the actual race, you  can also  experience the thrill and challenge of a Race of some sorts. We have added a twist and you could think of it as a mini Race. In the city where you live theres an 'interesting' treasure hidden somewhere and we offer you the challenge to find it. Are you up to it? go to the Goldrush page for more details.

Who shall come out the winner?
--- End quote ---

The application is copied word for word from TAR...

http://www.amazingraceafrica.com/index.php

Application

Eligibility

Suspicious:

--- Quote ---What Is The "Goldrush'

It is a Treasure Hunt , a mini Race to find $100,000 hidden in your city.

Which Cities Shall Host the Goldrush

The capital cities of several African Countries. Each Country/City has its own Goldrush.

How Much is the Goldrush prize

$100,000

Do I need to apply to compete in the Goldrush

No, your application to the Amazing Race automatically qualifies you for the Goldrush. However theres a fee inorder for you to receive your Goldrush starter kit(first clue).

Why will you charge a Fee for the Goldrush Starter kit

To keep the adrenalin pumping and foster competion because everybody will have a stake and something to loose, and frankly speaking we have decided to charge a very small fee to make the ultimate prize attractive.

How much is it

we will announce shortly, and communicate to everyone.  :groan:

--- End quote ---

GonzaloChileno:
i think it is not true, how they have sponsors like Nokia, Caltex, Sony, Mobile?, EgyptAir and Carlsberg. Also The Page Has The Same Format As TARA Page.

Dånooky:
I guess the "Dead Price Left You A Million Dollars on his will" hoax has reached a new level

walkingpneumonia:
At the best of times I just ignore scammers like this...

but when they sully the name of The Amazing Race...  :meow: (:;) :box:

The site is registered to:

Collins Robert        **********@gmail.com)
57432 Nairobi
Nairobi Municipality,00100
KE
Tel. +254.712319830

georgiapeach:

--- Quote from: walkingpneumonia on July 14, 2009, 08:53:20 PM ---At the best of times I just ignore scammers like this...

but when they sully the name of The Amazing Race...  :meow: (:;) :box:

The site is registered to:

Collins Robert        **********@gmail.com)
57432 Nairobi
Nairobi Municipality,00100
KE
Tel. +254.712319830

--- End quote ---

OH nice job!! Would this qualify as mail fraud? If so, we can report it....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version