Author Topic: Hilton parents get show~ "The Good Life"  (Read 3055 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Hilton parents get show~ "The Good Life"
« on: April 27, 2004, 11:47:59 PM »

Hilton parents get show
LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Their daughter, Paris Hilton, found success as a reality star on Fox's "The Simple Life," and now Kathy and Rick Hilton are venturing into reality TV with

Sources said NBC has given an eight-episode order to the project for a possible September launch.

The show, to be hosted by Kathy Hilton, is said to be in the vein of "My Fair Lady." It will feature 10 young women from around the country who have unrealized potential.

During the course of the show, Kathy Hilton will give the girls guidance on how to succeed and join "the good life." She will introduce them to different fields -- such as publishing, fashion, cosmetics -- so they can find the area best suited for their talents.

While on the show, contestants will stay at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York, which Rick Hilton's grandfather and Hilton hotel-chain founder Conrad Hilton bought in 1949.

The winner of "The Good Life," who will be determined through a process of elimination, will get a job in the field in which she fared best, a car and a one-year stay at the Waldorf-Astoria.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/04/27/showbuzz/#0

Offline Stevethecomputergeek

• RFF Full Member
Re: Hilton parents get show~ "The Good Life"
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 03:41:11 PM »
I dunno, sounds kinda dumb to me.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 09:19:54 AM »
 ::) I only report it..not endorse it

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 04:08:07 PM »
dID ANYONE HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT PARIS HILTON FIGHTING WITH JENNA MORASCA IN THE PLAYBOY MANSION??!!???  ?:)
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 09:27:53 AM »
NBC's "Reverse Simple Life" - and it stars a Hilton

posted by tvbarn on May 28, 2004 11:44 AM
KATHY HILTON BEGINS FIRST CHAPTER IN HER NEW AMERICAN FAIRY TALE

NBC AND ENDEMOL USA ARE CASTING FOR AN UNSCRIPTED DRAMA FEATURING KATHY HILTON

National Casting Call launches in Las Vegas at the Flamingo Hilton May 29th Apply Online At www.NBC.com

NEW YORK- May 26, 2004 - Kathy Hilton, matriarch of one of the most celebrated and successful families in America, is conducting a search for candidates to be taken under her wing in a new American fairy tale where candidates will encounter the New York high-life and be introduced to culture, style, business and life’s virtues.

Hilton, whose family created the famed Hilton Hotel empire, is looking for deserving men and women to take part in an uplifting unscripted drama for NBC. Hilton will play “Henry Higgins” to these candidates and help transform their lives by exposing them to a glamorous new life. Hilton will gather renowned cultural experts who will guide and enlighten the candidates along the way. After a series of competitions, Hilton will choose a winner who will receive an extravagant prize package including a residence at one of New York City’s most exclusive addresses, a car, a new wardrobe, a new job and a wealth of experience.

“Empowering men and women is the key to the entire series,” said Kathy Hilton, “My role will be to support, encourage and motivate while lending a guiding hand where needed. We will educate them as we introduce them to a world of culture, beauty, business, social and charity events that they might not normally have access to. There will always be a key message woven into every episode. I want these men and women as well as our viewers to be able to take these skills and to have it influence the rest of their lives.”

Candidates may apply online at www.NBC.com In addition, open casting calls will be held in the following cities over the next few weeks, and locations in upcoming cities to be announced at a later date.

Saturday, May 29: Saturday, June 5: Las Vegas (Flamingo Hilton) Chicago Dallas Denver

Saturday, June 12: Saturday, June 19: Atlanta Los Angeles Ft. Lauderdale New York City

“Kathy Hilton is an international figure who lives a life that few will ever experience. What she is offering is a dream come true for 14 deserving people,” said David Goldberg president of Endemol USA.

Kathy Hilton, matriarch of one of the most successful families in America, is a recognized designer of beautiful gifts and other home products on QVC while husband Rick Hilton is a renowned real-estate magnate, chairman of Hilton and Hyland real estate based in Beverly Hills Calif.

The series will be produced by Endemol USA, a leading producer of television programming specializing in reality and non-scripted genres for network and cable television. David Goldberg is President of Endemol USA.
http://www.tvbarn.com/ticker/archives/021216.html