The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

rff shout out

(1/3) > >>

puddin:
Nice to get a shout out in the media but I don't recall a "giant post appeared reading "PRESTON & JENNIFER WIN"  :lol:  .. if anything we had them pinned to be out first or second based on sightings.

--- Quote ---Spoilers: instant gratification is now online

As bad as some of these sites are, however, none of them come close to matching what is out there in terms of reality TV. Everyone seems to want to know who wins, who is eliminated, in what order, and even who has issues with the other contestants. Some sites simply enjoy speculation for the sake of enjoyment: take for instance some of the posters over at the CBS forums, who merely attempt to figure out who is eliminated on shows such as "The Amazing Race" based on past performances and hints in previews. Other sites, however, take this level of speculation to new, almost unreal levels. Reality Fan Forum houses a large section devoted to spoilers of any show, from VH1's "I Love Money" to "Survivor." Now how accurate are these spoilers? Oftentimes they're merely posts created by someone looking for attention. Take for instance with season 14 of "The Amazing Race:" a few weeks before the airing of the premiere episode on February 15, a giant post appeared reading "PRESTON & JENNIFER WIN" only to have the dating couple be eliminated in the first episode.
--- End quote ---

http://www.examiner.com/x-11363-Dallas-TV-Examiner~y2009m7d4-Spoilers-instant-gratification-is-now-online

georgiapeach:
I don't remember that either, did they have an early fan? :lol:

Luckily Jen has a good sense of humor and forgave us for all the "deaf girl" speculation!  :-[

You can't do what we do without having a few mistakes here and there, but I am so proud overall of our whole team and the things we accomplish!

TexasLady:

--- Quote from: puddin on July 04, 2009, 03:21:56 PM ---Nice to get a shout out in the media but I don't recall a "giant post appeared reading "PRESTON & JENNIFER WIN"  :lol:  .. if anything we had them pinned to be out first or second based on sightings.

--- Quote ---Spoilers: instant gratification is now online

As bad as some of these sites are, however, none of them come close to matching what is out there in terms of reality TV. Everyone seems to want to know who wins, who is eliminated, in what order, and even who has issues with the other contestants. Some sites simply enjoy speculation for the sake of enjoyment: take for instance some of the posters over at the CBS forums, who merely attempt to figure out who is eliminated on shows such as "The Amazing Race" based on past performances and hints in previews. Other sites, however, take this level of speculation to new, almost unreal levels. Reality Fan Forum houses a large section devoted to spoilers of any show, from VH1's "I Love Money" to "Survivor." Now how accurate are these spoilers? Oftentimes they're merely posts created by someone looking for attention. Take for instance with season 14 of "The Amazing Race:" a few weeks before the airing of the premiere episode on February 15, a giant post appeared reading "PRESTON & JENNIFER WIN" only to have the dating couple be eliminated in the first episode.
--- End quote ---

http://www.examiner.com/x-11363-Dallas-TV-Examiner~y2009m7d4-Spoilers-instant-gratification-is-now-online

--- End quote ---

Ha!!! They just WISH they were right with their snark. If they had really researched their article, they would know that RFF didn't post a giant post saying anything like that but did have accurate information based on sightings and good detective work. They had two words right: "unreal levels."  RFF Tar Detectives do go to unreal levels, taking the smallest clue and digging up the information to support it, or to discard it. (But they missed that part too, didn't they!)  :snicker:

puddin:
I guess in the future such topic starters should be deleted and if there were a Jen & Preston WIN topic I might have done so and can't remember. Pretty cool none the less to get a shout out  :jumpy:

Hooky:
"Now how accurate are these spoilers?" VERY ACCURATE!

And those reporters think they know how hard it is to dig up information. (:;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version