Author Topic: BIG BROTHER TO BROADCAST A SPECIAL ACTION-PACKED LIVE SHOW, ON THURSDAY, AUG. 20  (Read 5891 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
BIG BROTHER TO BROADCAST A SPECIAL ACTION-PACKED LIVE SHOW, ON THURSDAY, AUG. 20

The Power of Veto Competition; the Power of Veto Meeting; An Eviction; and the New Head-Of-Household Competition Will all Take Place LIVE During the One-Hour Broadcast

CBS's BIG BROTHER will air a special one-hour show, featuring a LIVE Power-Of-Veto competition, a LIVE Power-Of-Veto meeting, a LIVE eviction and a LIVE Head-Of-Household competition, this Thursday, Aug. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.

During last night's episode, in the aftermath of Chima's eviction from the house by the BIG BROTHER producers for a rule violation, Michele's reign as Head-Of-Household had run its course and another HOH competition, the "BIG BROTHER Invitational," took place.  The backyard was transformed into a miniature golf course.  The ultimate goal for each Houseguest was to putt a hole-in-one.  If they missed, their ball landed at a revolving windmill with various point values assigned to compartments located amid the blades.  All players, except for the current HOH, were allowed to play.  In each round, the player who missed a hole-in-one and ended up with the highest number of points was eliminated.  As consolation, the latest eliminated was able to pick a mystery prize (some good, some bad).  Each time a player was eliminated, they could choose to keep their prize or exchange with another eliminated player's prize. 

Jordan was the last Houseguest to remain in the competition and became the new Head-Of-Household.  At the nomination ceremony, she chose to put Natalie and Lydia up for eviction.

The 11th season of BIG BROTHER is broadcast three nights weekly, Sundays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), Tuesdays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and the LIVE eviction show, hosted by Julie Chen, Thursdays (8:00-9:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT).

BIG BROTHER follows a group of people living together in a house outfitted with dozens of cameras and microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day.  Each week the Houseguests will vote someone out of the house.  At the end, the last remaining Houseguests will receive the grand prize of $500,000. 

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/release?id=22525

Offline Thor914

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Jr. Member
Thanks puddin, you are the best!!!! :jumpy:

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
well if it is an endurance comp jef wont let russell have it this time. Hopefully nat will be gone and the rest will be smooth sailing ...well for a week anyway  :lol:
delightful just delightful

Offline Queenycastle

• RFF Frantic Poster
Just a thought, but what if this endurence comp is not geared toward muscle bound men?  Remember the one where you had to hold yourself in the glass box- I think Shelia won it. 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Just a thought, but what if this endurence comp is not geared toward muscle bound men?  Remember the one where you had to hold yourself in the glass box- I think Shelia won it. 

That's true! It's more geared to the lighter women. Or when do they do the morphomatic? That's always done at night. (But maybe after BBAD!) There's that other comp, step forward or backward with the blindfolds on. That's one that's done much faster.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Queenycastle

• RFF Frantic Poster

That's true! It's more geared to the lighter women. Or when do they do the morphomatic? That's always done at night. (But maybe after BBAD!) There's that other comp, step forward or backward with the blindfolds on. That's one that's done much faster.

Thats the thing, Russ and Jeff keep talking about hanging on, but they forget how many other possiblities there are.    After that last long hanging one- I doubt if they would do a variation of that again already.  :duno:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I liked the teacups and the one where they had to fill the globes with colored water. And I'm with you all on it being some sort of endurance  :jumpy:

Offline nanaof4

• RFF Jr. Member
If I remember correctly the one done with the blind fold on is usually when they are down to 4, indurance is always part of the 1st and 2nd final household and the last always seems to be question and answer.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
But are they saying the comp will be shown LIVE? Along with all the other stuff? So would it be endurance...or something much quicker? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Queenycastle

• RFF Frantic Poster
We DVR the show we listened twice and they said the word "begin" in reference to the HOH.

Just played it again, he said, "...and the battle for HOH begins."

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
If they go on LD tonight then we will know :tup:
delightful just delightful