Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 436524 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #850 on: September 16, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »
If there was some other place on the AR15 route that required a map of Estonia(see photo #6), I might think otherwise. However, it is clear that these shots are of Estonia, which also makes it more likely that Russian media would cover it. This is Maria and Tiffany already eliminated and doing their decoy work.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #851 on: September 16, 2009, 02:51:45 PM »
That door at the Blackheads place is tiny!   :lol:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #852 on: September 16, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »
A Grona Lund sighting; Peach agrees with me that it refers to a 1 p.m. sighting of two men with backpacks.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #853 on: September 16, 2009, 07:32:43 PM »
A Grona Lund sighting; Peach agrees with me that it refers to a 1 p.m. sighting of two men with backpacks.
I heard from someone that was a witness @ Grona Lund .. she/he states the Globe Trotters were among the first to arrive and Brian & Ericka among the last. I know it doesn't help much though.

eta: she/he wrote  "I think Brian/ericka gets eliminated but i might be wrong."

^^ We were thinking Sweden might be a NELeg right? Could be Brian and Erika survived the last NELeg? Not exactly sure what she/he witnessed though

They took a boat from Stockholm sweden to Estonia.I live in Stockholm and spotted few of the teams few days ago it was exciting but won't tell about them else than that their next destination was Estonia.

Sweden it is. But it's one of the later legs. It's gonna be a good leg since i happen to know what they are doing there
There is this kind of park but didn't think this park was gonna be in the race but yah.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 08:02:03 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #854 on: September 28, 2009, 02:05:53 AM »
Ever since July 18th, I've been wondering what this bus was for:  (under 6th st bridge)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:09:39 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #855 on: September 28, 2009, 02:20:27 AM »
Oh wow! What do you think it was used for?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #856 on: September 28, 2009, 02:33:43 AM »
Cheap transport to the startline.  TAR original used buses too.

I wish I got a shot of the top of the bus by looking over the rail  :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #857 on: September 28, 2009, 02:42:00 AM »
Cheap transport to the startline.  TAR original used buses too.

I wish I got a shot of the top of the bus by looking over the rail  :groan:
I wish I were there Chateau, I would have held your feet  :tup:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #858 on: September 28, 2009, 10:41:21 AM »
I was always wondering why Lance & Keri left the UA Checkin area for a while.

Reason:  to go beg for sneakers from people in at Delta's checkin area:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #859 on: September 28, 2009, 12:35:27 PM »
I have searched the vids, esp the LAX and Park One vids, but I don't see you....  :(

Darn!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #860 on: September 28, 2009, 01:08:30 PM »
Where are these vids?  Are there any Park Ones with Marcy & Ron, Brian & Ericka, Jessica & Garrett, and San & Dan ?  That was my ride.

There is this one  ;)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:32:43 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #861 on: September 28, 2009, 01:36:28 PM »
Did you hear that Zev & Justin took the La Cienega shortcut!

That was how I went too.   :jam:

But they left long before I did.  My car was a mile away.

View Larger Map
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:49:38 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #862 on: September 28, 2009, 01:46:37 PM »
Where are these vids?  Are there any Park Ones with Marcy & Ron, Brian & Ericka, Jessica & Garrett, and San & Dan ?  That was my ride.

There is this one  ;)

I FOUND YOU!! :hearts:

All the vids are here...watch w/out the annoying commercials!!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,20899.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline primefun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #863 on: October 01, 2009, 05:15:43 PM »
:lol: Sure looks that way, Slowhatch. ...and that house with the chimney is at 21 Toomkooli Street  :snicker:

you guys are very close to knowing my hometown better than myself :D

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #864 on: October 04, 2009, 06:12:48 AM »
:bigwelcome THOMASH!! 

:hearts:  Thank you SO much for coming to share with us!!  As puddin said, any info on the arrival order would be great to know!!

Could you also confirm the exact DATE and TIME frame for us??

:ty3: This is great! :jumpy:

Glad I could help!!  :)  Not exactly sure on the order, but I'm pretty sure the globetrotters were one of the first few to check in as they were one of the first to leave the pit stop in the vans.  When I arrived at Wat Phnom it was July 25th at approximately 2:00pm.  Most teams managed to check in, but we did see one team racing to the top.  Got it on video but it's not clear as to which team it was.  I've got some other video of teams that have already checked in.

Did this video ever surface?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #865 on: October 04, 2009, 11:40:36 PM »

You don't think a Lawyer would lie to a teenage girl about giving free sky diving lessons do you?   :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #866 on: October 04, 2009, 11:43:39 PM »
:bigwelcome THOMASH!! 

:hearts:  Thank you SO much for coming to share with us!!  As puddin said, any info on the arrival order would be great to know!!

Could you also confirm the exact DATE and TIME frame for us??

:ty3: This is great! :jumpy:

Glad I could help!!  :)  Not exactly sure on the order, but I'm pretty sure the globetrotters were one of the first few to check in as they were one of the first to leave the pit stop in the vans.  When I arrived at Wat Phnom it was July 25th at approximately 2:00pm.  Most teams managed to check in, but we did see one team racing to the top.  Got it on video but it's not clear as to which team it was.  I've got some other video of teams that have already checked in.

Did this video ever surface?

Sadly...no.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #867 on: October 04, 2009, 11:47:12 PM »

You don't think a Lawyer would lie to a teenage girl about giving free sky diving lessons do you?   :duno:
Thats who I'm thinking it might have been, peach and I were actually talking about that before the show tonight.  .. older but not too old

DavidJunior

« Reply #868 on: October 05, 2009, 11:39:30 PM »

Thats who I'm thinking it might have been, peach and I were actually talking about that before the show tonight.  .. older but not too old

Wouldn't that mean that one of the Dubai legs was an NEL/TBC and that there were actually 7 teams in the Netherlands, and we just missed a team?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #869 on: October 06, 2009, 12:35:42 AM »
I don't think we'll know who Steffanie talked to until ...we see who lasts  :lol:

Twitter: # Name Stephanie Cauldwell

We were checking out and this American couple came in with tv cameras. They wanted to borrow Joe's mobile to call the airport.
8:37 PM Jul 28th

they said they were doing a travel documentary but mum thinks it might be that Amazing Race show. we were
 to excited 8:39 PM Jul 28th

they promised us free skydiving lessons in America if they could use our mobile. they teach skydiving. I want try but I'll be too scared!about 1 hour ago from web
8:42 PM Jul 28th

Going on holiday is so much fun! We're leaving for the airport to visit Uncle Phil in Australia. He doesn't have internet. :( So TTFN! about 1 hour ago from web
8:44 PM Jul 28th

http://twitter.com/SteffieSunrise

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #870 on: October 06, 2009, 07:09:51 AM »

Wouldn't that mean that one of the Dubai legs was an NEL/TBC and that there were actually 7 teams in the Netherlands, and we just missed a team?

Yes, seven teams in the Netherlands all along....

Take a look at Chateau's lovely timeline in the TIMELINE thread for all the pertinent pesky details. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #871 on: October 06, 2009, 01:24:10 PM »
If a 7th team did indeed make it to The Netherlands I think its Mika and Canaan, I'll have to look thru my notes from Dutch. I believe he wrote that he saw the "Brooks" couple but at the time ...Mika and Canaan were misidentified as the Brooks brother and sister team.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #872 on: October 06, 2009, 05:12:21 PM »
peach and I have notes from Dutch Samadhi all over the place, we're going to try to pull them together ..
Originally we had no clear photos of Meghan and Cheyne so Dutch could have mistaken them for Mika and Canaan who we thought were the so called Brooks at the time and did have a clear photo of them thanks to Chateau.

here are some tidbits ..

I saw team red (Probably), The globetrotters, and the brooks couple. I've heard that there was a male gay couple. So I can safely say that there were at least four couples, but I've had a few sources saying that they knew that there were six couples.
Yes, I saw a blond girl and a husband, I saw two guys, They were the first to come. ( I assume Dan & Sam )
Then came the blond girl with a guy and after that came the basketballers.
The girl I saw was not as short and she looked as if she could be dutch. She was also attractive.
I've heard that there was a gay couple (two guys)
I have sources that tell me as well that there were six teams. So that must be true.
I've heard sources say that they heard (near the place where it happened) that the contestants came from the airport straight from Dubai

And of course thanks to the video that Boingo found, we know Tiffany&Maria, Matt&Gary, and Brian&Ericka are there as well.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 05:18:00 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #873 on: October 06, 2009, 10:44:51 PM »
Here is that video translation again: Courtesy of Dutch Samadhi!!

1-20 Guy laughs (voice over) The three voluntary windmillers can 20-25  laugh about it: An American tv-crew that came to Vierhuizen. 25-30 Now and then they get a glimpse of them. 30-35 (guy in dialect) Just like the tour the France with a camera on the motor. 35-40 (again dialect)Yes, well, Shall we have coffee. 40-45 (inside the mill) well it is a program that eeh 45-51 must film the activities of the participants 51-56 and of those shootings they make a program 56-1:00 (interviewer) What's your opinion about it all (guy) I find it a bit 1:00-1:05 typically American (other guy) with a lot of, of 1:05-1:10 with a lot of (nonsense word) kokeloko (other guy) with a lot of bombarie (probably: Bolster) (guy interviewed repeats) 1:10-1:15 everything is taken care of precisely (overvoice) But what exactly is going on 1:15-1:20 nobody is talking about, but the windmillers don't care a lot about that 1:20-1:26 Their job is clear: to keep the windmill running and that they do with a lot of concentration 1:26-1:31 (guy at the windmill) We can see a (bui) bad weather coming, but I think, Arie, we will just miss it 1:31-1:35 (outside on the windmill) He could go a little further because the wind is better there (they use the phrase “ten opzichte” which is more like according) 1:35-1:41 (voice over) after asking questions without camera's we found out that it is a Peking Express like program 1:41-1:46 Six teams have to fulfill tasks as soon as possible 1:46-1:52 That they don't put their hands on their wallets shows when we see a helicopter flying over to take shots 1:52-1:56 (guy on the windmill) Isn't it horrible to have a helicopter here 1:56-2:02 All that for just a few minutes in a game show 2:03-2:13 Aah, but we like to do it, just another fling (verzetje)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #874 on: October 06, 2009, 10:49:37 PM »
If it's six teams into Amsterdam then ...   there is no NEL/TBC within Phnom Penh, Dubai I, and Dubai II.

:groan:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:52:54 PM by Chateau d If »