Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 436468 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #825 on: September 06, 2009, 08:20:32 PM »
If you need help sharing them, feel free to email either puddin or myself... (puddin's the video queen! :bow: )

Our emails are in our profiles! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #826 on: September 06, 2009, 08:23:34 PM »
There's been a bit of talk on here as to where in Cambodia the pit stop is.  I stumbled across filming of the race while in Phnom Penh, and hung out at the pit stop for 3 hours, watching all of the action.  The pit stop is at Wat Phnom, which is the founding place of Phnom Penh.  Sorry, no pictures to back this up, as it was a 'locked site'.  We were told to put our equipment away or it'd be confiscated.

Phnom Penh has few like "internationally known sites" and Wat Phnom would be a likely spot. I've been to Phnom Penh. Very few places have like, a small secluded flat spot suitable for a pit stop that is like "well known on tv"

Offline thomash

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #827 on: September 07, 2009, 10:31:59 AM »
Alright, let me get them loaded into my computer and see what I can do.  It says here though that attachments can only be 250k??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #828 on: September 07, 2009, 11:00:58 AM »
Yes they are too big too attach but if you could send them to me or host them somewhere that would be great thomash!
Heres a free site
http://www.mediafire.com/

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #829 on: September 08, 2009, 06:54:10 PM »
The Trotter crew in this video and Primefun's video don't seem very energetic, but that might be misleading; anyway, the Trotters start sprinting once they reach the top of the street.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #830 on: September 08, 2009, 07:07:28 PM »
Thanks slowhatch!! That's great!! I have requested more info, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #831 on: September 08, 2009, 07:33:53 PM »
Thanks Slowhatch! Another awesome video! It's as if the Tallinn Estonia leg is equal to the Dubrovnik Croatia leg season 12 as far as sightings .. so many spoilers & sightings thank to the tourists!

:spell

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 08:27:19 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #832 on: September 08, 2009, 07:42:55 PM »
 :tup: nice catch.  This could be the chimney at the end of the street in the video...  :lol:  or just one of a dozen or so chimneys in the Old Town.   :funny:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #833 on: September 08, 2009, 08:59:37 PM »
The closest spot I could find is Lossi Plats, next to the Nevsky church and below the castle. (map here; the trouble is, they would seem to be heading in the other direction, towards St. Marys)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #834 on: September 08, 2009, 09:18:31 PM »
 :lol: Sure looks that way, Slowhatch. ...and that house with the chimney is at 21 Toomkooli Street  :snicker:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #835 on: September 08, 2009, 09:27:16 PM »
The way Harlem sprints at the end, as if on que, or at least they were waiting for their crew to join them, I think they are just reaching a cluebox at St Mary's church on Toompea.  Also there was another camera crew just waiting up there for them to get closer.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:31:48 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #836 on: September 08, 2009, 10:21:49 PM »
Hang on guys, I have the details...brb.

And damn y'all are good! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #837 on: September 08, 2009, 10:30:02 PM »
Ngchikit who shot the video has sent be a very quick response to my list of questions!! :ty3:  so much!! :waves:

I did ask if he had the impression or not if they were really racing.

We were there on 3 August. I think it was something like 11am in the morning (Estonia time). We were facing the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral with The Toompea Castle behind us. Then we saw the two guys rush out from a park on our  right and shouted: "Taxi!". There were no taxi around so they started going uphill to our left. We then saw the crewmen behind them as they went past us and then uphill. That's when I took out my video camera and started shooting. I think they really were racing.

I just went to google map, the place where I saw them is called "Lossi Plats" and they ran towards north on "Toom-Koli".

We did not see any other team.

Who's making me a pretty MAP??? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #838 on: September 08, 2009, 10:42:55 PM »
More info incoming as we speak:

No, we did not follow Herb and Nat and heard nothing about them, so we have no idea where they went.

In my opinion, I think Herb and Nat were moving slowly due to the massive backpack they were carrying... but I could be wrong. I think the park they came out of could be a stop or something. Sorry I am not familiar with TAR terminology.  I followed a few previous, earlier seasons and enjoyed them but I am not a big fan like you are.

For your information, the weather that morning was cloudy but it improved a lot in the afternoon. So if you see any other pics or videos that day of a sunny Tallinn with blue skies then it is an afternoon shot.

And embedding the video by permission!!

Is there anything else y'all want to know? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #839 on: September 08, 2009, 11:19:36 PM »
The 'park to his right' was the other clue box location we already got!

Using Slowhatch's cool map:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:23:38 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #840 on: September 08, 2009, 11:26:03 PM »
Is there anything else y'all want to know?

Can he get the exact time from his video file time stamp?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #841 on: September 09, 2009, 12:03:25 AM »
Is there anything else y'all want to know?

Can he get the exact time from his video file time stamp?

He says:
I did not set the time on my video so there is no time stamp. But I checked our photos and the last photo we took before we saw them was 10:56am. I think we saw them a minute or two later.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #842 on: September 09, 2009, 12:13:36 AM »
The second crew spotted by Chateau :jam: looks like the Orange Team crew.
I still have some doubts about the Trotter crew. If you expand the Lossi video to fullscreen and watch closely, you'll see that he's not filming them at all. And at the harbor, he misses the critical part: the interaction with the cab driver.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #843 on: September 09, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »
The camera guy I see runs over to that alley on the right as the Trotters go straight on....is that right? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #844 on: September 09, 2009, 12:51:27 AM »
It looks like they are running to the same place.  But the crew just hangs there waiting for Herb & Nate to get close.   :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #845 on: September 09, 2009, 08:03:32 AM »
For the first time, one team will be booted at the start of the trek, and racers will have to tackle the Switchback, a new twist that sends teams back to one of the series' most challenging "roadblocks." Executive producer Bertram van Munster said the racers will set off from the Los Angeles River, then first head to Tokyo to complete several zany tasks.

"Have you ever seen Japanese tourists following a tour guide with a little flag?" said van Munster. "Well, our contestants are going to be the tour leaders. Each team is going to have to run a group of 20 tourists through the center of Tokyo as fast as they can. Whoever brings their entire tour group to the Pit Stop first will be the number one team."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iJK4z5HPRrMSQylOAGreIZtvcTGwD9AJPJC80
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #846 on: September 09, 2009, 09:33:14 AM »
Flags color-keyed to the visors: right in front the whole time.  :-[  :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #847 on: September 09, 2009, 11:08:49 AM »
Contestants will travel one of the fastest courses ever assembled on the Race - spanning eight countries in just 21 days.  Season 15 also features the quickest elimination in the history of the series, sending one Team home before they leave the starting line.  Teams fortunate enough to avoid the surprise elimination and compete for the $ 1 million prize will face the "Switchback," which sends Teams back to the site of one of the series' most infamous Roadblocks, as well as a surprise appearance by one of America's most beloved entertainers, a visit to the world's tallest building and a spicy twist on a Japanese game show.   

"This season we wanted to keep the Racers and our fans on their toes and make sure no one gets too comfortable," stated Bertram van Munster, Executive Producer and Co-Creator of THE AMAZING RACE.  "We're adding some new surprise elements including our quickest elimination ever as well as revisiting one of the most challenging Roadblocks our Teams have ever encountered during our past 15 seasons."

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #848 on: September 16, 2009, 12:17:50 PM »
The Russian edition of Postimees has a few new decoy photos. It's too bad the video isn't real; decoy work would make an interesting episode of ES.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #849 on: September 16, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »
You are the best Slowhatch!! :yess:

So...could any of those NEW spots be real? Or should we assume all just for show??
RFF's Golden Rule: