Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 436462 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #800 on: August 31, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »
The brothers in red were already spotted in Cambodia, we have photo evidence of them at the temple. (pretty sure it is them)

And if Tokyo is really two legs, then maybe there would be a NEL/TBC? All spec... :lol:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 03:17:01 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #801 on: August 31, 2009, 03:56:08 PM »
I suppose Keri/Lance are another possibility for early elim -- I think the only thing keeping them in the mix is the "old but not too old" speculation in Dubai.

NVM - they were spotted leaving Vietnam, so they're solid through the first 3 legs.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #802 on: August 31, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »
I suppose Keri/Lance are another possibility for early elim -- I think the only thing keeping them in the mix is the "old but not too old" speculation in Dubai.

NVM - they were spotted leaving Vietnam, so they're solid through the first 3 legs.
Remember the source wasn't sure about Keri and Lance, he thinks it might have been them so not really solid evidence imo woden and what an outstanding job on the Timeline updates woden  :jam:

And thank you so much girlclumsy, I follow your blogging because your such a riot and someone I would love to hang out with in real life :D

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #803 on: August 31, 2009, 04:10:08 PM »
However, the logic of Woden's statement that there should be 4 eliminated teams by the fourth leg is true under two major conditions:
1. There was an elimination in Los Angeles.
2. There were no NELs in the first 3 legs. Historically, I cannot every remember a NEL in the first 3 legs of any Amazing Race, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. There were many people telling me that a prediction of AR12 finishing in Alaska was crazy because there was no precedent for a finish outside the lower 48 states. We all know where that finish was. There could have been a precedent-setting NEL in one of the first 3 legs, but I would rate its probability in the 10% range.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:14:14 AM by apskip »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #804 on: August 31, 2009, 11:51:49 PM »
The brothers in red were already spotted in Cambodia, we have photo evidence of them at the temple. (pretty sure it is them)

And if Tokyo is really two legs, then maybe there would be a NEL/TBC? All spec... :lol:

All speculation too.

But it's a 2 hour season premiere.. so it could really just be a mega leg for Leg 1 in Japan. Doesn't have to be TBC/NEL or what?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #805 on: August 31, 2009, 11:56:35 PM »
If the 12th team Vegans are eliminated at the start it could be that a team is spared leg like you all said above, a superleg and back to back TAR's, whats not to love?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #806 on: September 01, 2009, 12:01:06 AM »
If the 12th team Vegans are eliminated at the start it could be that a team is spared leg like you all said above, a superleg and back to back TAR's, whats not to love?

I just secretly hope that the 12th team has been spared from elimination from 5 minutes into the race. Maybe they have been forced to take a third flight that departs latest? :funny: Just hoping.. because it's really saddening to go into the race and be eliminated 5mins later.. as if Bilal and Sa'eed's elimination wasn't sad enough.. but at least they FLEW to China! :(

Imagine being in the cast for like a whole month and being talked about before TAR 15 started.. and letting the whole world know and see you getting eliminated ASAP the race started. :(

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #807 on: September 01, 2009, 02:42:07 AM »
2. There were no NELs in the first 3 legs. Historically, I cannot every remember a NEL in the first 3 legs of any Amazing Race

Not an actual leg, but in TAR 9, the third "leg" was a TBC Pitstop, so except for the rest period & penalty, it can count as an NEL (and in relation to this, is there a chance they could do a TBC leg in Japan?). And including foreign editions in the talk, there have already been seasons with first-leg NELs.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #808 on: September 01, 2009, 03:53:07 AM »
2. There were no NELs in the first 3 legs. Historically, I cannot every remember a NEL in the first 3 legs of any Amazing Race

Not an actual leg, but in TAR 9, the third "leg" was a TBC Pitstop, so except for the rest period & penalty, it can count as an NEL (and in relation to this, is there a chance they could do a TBC leg in Japan?). And including foreign editions in the talk, there have already been seasons with first-leg NELs.

But what's the point of doing a TBC in Japan.. it's a 2 hour premiere. People would want to see an end to the episode.. not a TBC. :duno:

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #809 on: September 01, 2009, 06:30:41 AM »

But what's the point of doing a TBC in Japan.. it's a 2 hour premiere. People would want to see an end to the episode.. not a TBC. :duno:

Joab I would think the 2 hour season premiere would be perfect for a TBC. You would have the TBC at the end of the first leg about halfway through the episode where Phil says keep racing and then just continue showing the second leg in the second hour. Plus it gives us more time to get to know the teams before one of them is eliminated.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #810 on: September 01, 2009, 08:22:02 AM »
zacz,
Your thinking is sound, but in the history of the Amazing Race early TBCs have never happened. The reason is that (unlike ARA1 and ARA2 where they started with NELs in the first leg) World Race Productions likes to reduce the number of teams still in the Race as quickly as possible. That saves on camera/sound crew needed and support costs even thou with Elimination Station it probably doesn't does change the direct cost of the team itself. We all know that out of the two legs involved in a TBC (I know many would have 1 leg, but not me) one will not have any team eliminated.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #811 on: September 01, 2009, 08:38:50 AM »
zacz,
Your thinking is sound, but in the history of the Amazing Race early TBCs have never happened. The reason is that (unlike ARA1 and ARA2 where they started with NELs in the first leg) World Race Productions likes to reduce the number of teams still in the Race as quickly as possible. That saves on camera/sound crew needed and support costs even thou with Elimination Station it probably doesn't does change the direct cost of the team itself. We all know that out of the two legs involved in a TBC (I know many would have 1 leg, but not me) one will not have any team eliminated.

Production cost does not seem to be a worry for them this season if their first destination is Japan. :res:

zacz, i know where you're coming from. But a TBC technically wants us viewers to continue watching what happens next week isn't it? If they put a TBC in between of a 2 hour premiere.. then it is really weird because it's really pointless. It would have been better for a NEL isn't it?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #812 on: September 01, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »
Production might have planned two legs in Japan, figuring 12 legs in total, and then made the first two legs an "uberleg" when CBS changed the Emmys back to the 20th, and set up a two-hour premiere with s TBC in the middle.  That would explain both the start line elimination task, and still have a pit stop with an elimination at the end of the second hour.

I thinl this is a situatioon where TPTB/BVM had to made adjustments to fit the schedule they ended up having for September.
-- theschnauzers

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #813 on: September 01, 2009, 07:24:42 PM »
Because this is important to spoilers!! Reposting this here ......

FIXED!! Thanks to Macaroons

Swap Sam and Dan for Zev and Justin making Sam and Dan final 3  :jam:

(#1 in the lineup)
Brian and Ericka Kleinschmidt (Dunlap)- Married    final 3
(#2 in the lineup)
Meghan Ricky & Cheyne Whitney-Dating  final 3
(#3 in the lineup)
Gary & Matt Tomjenovich- Father & Son   last witnessed Las Vegas, Nevada (decoys)   4?/5
(#4 in the lineup)
Keri Morrione & Lance Layne- engaged last witnessed Phnom Penh?
(#5 in the lineup)
Sam & Dan McMillen- Brothers   final 3

(#6 in the lineup)
Ron Shalita & Marcia Wynkpoop Maloy last witnessed LAX.
(#7 in the lineup)
Garrett Paul & Jessica Stout) last witnessed LAX.     
(#8 in the lineup)
 Zev Glassenberg & Justin Kanew last witnessed LAX

(#9 in the lineup)
Mystery 12th team last witnessed LA River "GO" lineup/ challenge?
(#10 in the lineup)
Tiffany Michele & Maria Ho- Babes in Poker last witnessed Tallinn, Estonia (decoys) in the final 6
(#11 in the lineup)
Herbert/Nate-Team Dark Blue- Harlem Globetrotters last witnessed Las Vegas, Nevada (decoys) final 4?/5
(#12 in the lineup)
 Canaan Smith & Mika Combs-Friends last witnessed (Phnom Penh).   

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #814 on: September 02, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »
 :yess:  Good job, everyone.  Looks like the Tokyo promo locations are well spoiled at this time.   :snicker:

Just thinkin' out loud, could Yoyogi Park be used as the "mandatory first leg" reststop?   ;D  Not sure if camping there is allowed...except for the occasional homeless person  OK, carry on, y'all are going great.   :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #815 on: September 02, 2009, 10:38:28 AM »
nvm
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 05:51:46 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #816 on: September 04, 2009, 01:32:04 AM »

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2034.html

There are 3 major international airports in Japan.
1. Tokyo's Narita Airport
2. Osaka's Kansai Airport
3. Nagoya's Central Japan Airport

There are no flight to Ho Chi Minh City from the Nagoya's Central Japan Airport.

Either they fly to Ho Chi Minh City from Tokyo's Narita Airport or Osaka's Kansai Airport.

I speculate the 2nd leg should be in a small unknown village near Osaka.    :duno: I don't know.

Offline thomash

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #817 on: September 06, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »
There's been a bit of talk on here as to where in Cambodia the pit stop is.  I stumbled across filming of the race while in Phnom Penh, and hung out at the pit stop for 3 hours, watching all of the action.  The pit stop is at Wat Phnom, which is the founding place of Phnom Penh.  Sorry, no pictures to back this up, as it was a 'locked site'.  We were told to put our equipment away or it'd be confiscated.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #818 on: September 06, 2009, 11:24:27 AM »
There's been a bit of talk on here as to where in Cambodia the pit stop is.  I stumbled across filming of the race while in Phnom Penh, and hung out at the pit stop for 3 hours, watching all of the action.  The pit stop is at Wat Phnom, which is the founding place of Phnom Penh.  Sorry, no pictures to back this up, as it was a 'locked site'.  We were told to put our equipment away or it'd be confiscated.
Thanks thomash! Did you see the order the teams arrived? Would be great to know what the last team to arrive looked like. Here you can find pictures of the teams
 :waves:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,19007.0.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #819 on: September 06, 2009, 02:50:32 PM »
:bigwelcome THOMASH!! 

:hearts:  Thank you SO much for coming to share with us!!  As puddin said, any info on the arrival order would be great to know!!

Could you also confirm the exact DATE and TIME frame for us??

:ty3: This is great! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #820 on: September 06, 2009, 03:26:30 PM »
zacz,

Production cost does not seem to be a worry for them this season if their first destination is Japan. :res:

zacz, i know where you're coming from. But a TBC technically wants us viewers to continue watching what happens next week isn't it? If they put a TBC in between of a 2 hour premiere.. then it is really weird because it's really pointless. It would have been better for a NEL isn't it?

The best thing of course would be ONE leg for the 2-hour premiere. That way we get to know the teams really well right off the bat without sacrificing the time left until the end of the season. If they did it as two legs in one episode then it is pointless as a "get to know the teams" scenario, unless the first half ends in a non-elim. But technically that only really helps us get to know the "first out" teams better, not the longer-lasting ones.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline thomash

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #821 on: September 06, 2009, 07:09:42 PM »
:bigwelcome THOMASH!! 

:hearts:  Thank you SO much for coming to share with us!!  As puddin said, any info on the arrival order would be great to know!!

Could you also confirm the exact DATE and TIME frame for us??

:ty3: This is great! :jumpy:

Glad I could help!!  :)  Not exactly sure on the order, but I'm pretty sure the globetrotters were one of the first few to check in as they were one of the first to leave the pit stop in the vans.  When I arrived at Wat Phnom it was July 25th at approximately 2:00pm.  Most teams managed to check in, but we did see one team racing to the top.  Got it on video but it's not clear as to which team it was.  I've got some other video of teams that have already checked in.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #822 on: September 06, 2009, 07:12:26 PM »
OOOHHHH....can you share the videos??!!

What fun!! :happy:

What time (about) was it when the last team checked in please?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #823 on: September 06, 2009, 07:15:39 PM »
Would love to see those videos thomash  :jumpy:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #824 on: September 06, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »
Videos, Wow, really great! Looking forward to this. Could shed some light as to who actually makes it to this leg!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.