Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 437492 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #750 on: August 16, 2009, 11:29:50 PM »
It is gorgeous, Neobie!!!  :hearts:

CBS may as well just hire you now.They cerainly can't do better...IIRC correctly. last season their map had some serious problems. :funny:

:yess: :jam: :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #751 on: August 17, 2009, 12:57:17 AM »
Quick summary map before CBS puts theirs up , nicer one with dates to come soon, when I figure out all you guys' spoilers!

I especially like the choice of photo background!!  ;)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #752 on: August 17, 2009, 01:13:40 AM »
Ack, overwhelmed with information after returning to my computer...!

Quick summary map before CBS puts theirs up ;D, nicer one with dates to come soon, when I figure out all you guys' spoilers!
HOLY SHEEP  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: I thought it was real Neobie  .. its so Farking awesome  :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:  :yess:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #753 on: August 17, 2009, 01:56:54 AM »
The Father/son team came in and were in full sprint mode, which made me believe they were in it.  Like I said, way too hot to be "faking it".

I don't know if anyone else has questioned this, but VegasSinner seems to have way too much inside knowledge on this and had it pretty early.  This makes me believe he is either a WRP member gone rogue or could possibly be throwing us off the scent.  So far, he has no photos or any proof.

puddin and I both stand by VegasSinner and the info s/he has graciously provided. Nuff said?

VegasSinner checks out and not to be rude Racefan82 but again , she checks out and I stand behind her as well :elvis:
Your photos are awesome Racefan82 we are very grateful that you brought them to us  :jam:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #754 on: August 17, 2009, 03:47:30 AM »
The map looked almost real Neobie! :D <3333

Though I knew that you made it when I saw... *SOMEWHERE* Japan LOL, Haha!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #755 on: August 17, 2009, 06:18:27 AM »
The map looked almost real Neobie! :D <3333

Though I knew that you made it when I saw... *SOMEWHERE* Japan LOL, Haha!
yeah, where the hell will be in "somewhere", Japan?  Will it be on that "somewhere" is a real town or city on that country which it is a Japanese translation?  Or I have a feeling that they'll go to... Obama, Japan!  Which in that city is named after the current U.S. president.  Actually, it's a Japanese word for little beach, if you don't know it.

Or maybe that "somewhere" is also in Naruto[?] and they didn't want to reveal the name of that city for now because the producers of TAR might feared that the Japanese anime fans all over the world will watch this show and they'll thinking that it's an anime series and not a reality show.  This is also an ironic name as well like Obama because there's really such thing as Naruto in Japan, not only the name of a ninja anime character. :lol:

btw, I'd also noticed on the route map for TAR 15 on the 5th-6th leg, they went from UAE to Israel which this is quite peculiar for that route because as all I know most of the Arab countries (except Jordan and Egypt) don't recognize Israel as a country and it's a forbidden to most of Arab or Muslim countries to go to Israel either on land, air and sea due to political issue on the Israel-Palestinian conflict.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:22:59 AM by topaz »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #756 on: August 17, 2009, 10:50:20 AM »
Neobie, thanks for the TAR 15 map. It's aaaamazzzzing.

Love the (2) Somewhere Japan especially. :funny:

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #757 on: August 17, 2009, 11:08:33 AM »
Only 10 legs? Wondering if it is possible to pull off a Double Elimination like with two last teams coming in last?

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #758 on: August 17, 2009, 11:10:04 AM »
Or one less NEL :-p

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #759 on: August 17, 2009, 11:23:57 AM »
Only 10 legs? Wondering if it is possible to pull off a Double Elimination like with two last teams coming in last?

DeafRacer,
It was not shown but it is clear that the Las Vegas leg is #11.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #760 on: August 17, 2009, 12:20:44 PM »

DeafRacer,
It was not shown but it is clear that the Las Vegas leg is #11.

Oops! You're right! I wouldn't be surprised if producers pull another TBC leg on this season. I felt so stupid for not figuring it out that there might be a TBC leg later on when I was like, "There's no roadblock task?!" during Phuket leg. But man, a TBC leg really did drain me out pretty good.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #761 on: August 17, 2009, 02:13:44 PM »
Ack, overwhelmed with information after returning to my computer...!

Quick summary map before CBS puts theirs up ;D, nicer one with dates to come soon, when I figure out all you guys' spoilers!

Great looking map; are you sure you don't work for CBS?  But I thought the teams flew over the Pacific to Japan and not over the Atlantic and all of Europe and Asia.  So map should show route over the Pacific (left) and continue on to Japan on the right side.

Is Japan the only country with a double leg?  And as someone pointed out earlier the teams would not be going from Dubai directly to Israel but would be going to Jordan and then by land into Israel since Jordan does recognize Israel.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #762 on: August 17, 2009, 02:54:23 PM »
 ;D Just for kicks I located two helicoper charter services that do film work and have SAG pilots in Las Vegas.  Heli USA and Sundance Helicopters.  Given that they used choppers in the Netherlands, good bet they used some to film in Vegas.  Haven't found a direct connection to TAR just yet.  :(

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #763 on: August 17, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »
 :lol: Nevada Film Office lists KIM HOUSER-AMARAL as a "Location Scout - Las Vegas" for The Amazing Race.
eta: also listed as "Production Manager, Line Producer - Las Vegas", and "Location Manager - Las Vegas"
link here   ;D

;D  Rita Hawn is listed as a "Production Coordinator - Las Vegas" for The Amazing Race
link here

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:53:02 PM by Boingo »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #764 on: August 17, 2009, 03:24:52 PM »
GMan,

It is obvious what Neobie was trying to accomplish (he was trying to use one continuous line from Los Angeles to Tokyo, which is not possible with that map if actually done flying over the Pacific Ocean). I was pretty upset at WRP for presenting the AR13 trip from LaPaz to Auckland as one eastward line when the reality was that it was a transPacific crossing. The bottom line is that a map should be selected that allows accurate preentation of the actual route. In both cases, that would probably mean the left margin off the west coast of the Americas and the right margin east of Auckland and Tokyo, with the middle of the Pacific Ocean not shown.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:26:49 AM by apskip »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #765 on: August 17, 2009, 07:47:50 PM »
 ;D I may have finally got it , Chateau.   :lol:  Looks like this may be the location of the Harlem Globetrotters at the Venetian... way inside, crossing over the driveway, past the bridge.  :ascared

These guys sure get around.   :snicker:  Where are they going now ???

... you can just see the edge of the lightpost in the enlarged section of the picture.

eta: in this wider angle photo you can see the box planters.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:11:10 PM by Boingo »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #766 on: August 17, 2009, 08:21:16 PM »
Neobie, that is a well done map in the style of CBS for TAR 13 and 14. There's one little isty-bitsy thing, though.  The premiere is two hours.   ;)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #767 on: August 17, 2009, 08:41:36 PM »
I may have finally got it , Chateau.

:tup:  Amazing.  That's it.  I had given up.  GE was too dark and blurry over there to figure it out.  Nice.

No point in doing the shadow analysis now that the video came out.  But this would have been sufficient to confirm the 11 o'clock time frame had we not got the video.

I'm wondering why no clue box was discovered by our spoiler.  Probably because this was pure decoy jogging about.  And has nothing to do with the real race route.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #768 on: August 18, 2009, 03:28:35 AM »
More accurate map coming right up. CBS has been appeasing the geographically-ignorant masses with its maps.

Dotted lines indicate where connection points are not confirmed.

Personally excited about the Japan leg(s), Phnom Penh, the barely possible Masada leg and the Eastern Europe legs. Meh about the rest for now. Not even bothering to leave LA or cross the Equator again fail.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 10:47:05 AM by Neobie »

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #769 on: August 18, 2009, 03:33:52 AM »
More accurate map coming right up. CBS has been appeasing the geographically-ignorant masses with its maps.

Major LOL at your message to CBS... rather, is it really CBS who's messing with the maps or could it be WRP?

I must agree, spoilers cannot be prevented for a worldly competition like this because of the influence of internet; the show I think will now heavily depend on the editing of the teams psyche.
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #770 on: August 18, 2009, 03:34:33 AM »
Teams, when they were in Cambodia, were spotted near Toul Tompong Market (Russian Market) and running towards Indpendence Momument... this is according to a good friend of mine

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #771 on: August 18, 2009, 08:05:13 AM »
Teams, when they were in Cambodia, were spotted near Toul Tompong Market (Russian Market) and running towards Indpendence Momument... this is according to a good friend of mine

I did a google search and found a couple of pictures of the Russian Market and the Independence Monument. The Russian Market looks like it could be used for either a Find-The-Vendor Detour or a Eat-The-Disgusting-Local-Delicacies Roadblock. The Independence Monument could be the pit stop.

Plaidmoon

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #772 on: August 18, 2009, 10:48:55 AM »

Which would work if the two weren't on opposite ends of town...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 10:55:03 AM by Neobie »

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #773 on: August 18, 2009, 10:49:28 AM »
niced

keep it up. LOL

Major LOL at your message to CBS... rather, is it really CBS who's messing with the maps or could it be WRP?

I must agree, spoilers cannot be prevented for a worldly competition like this because of the influence of internet; the show I think will now heavily depend on the editing of the teams psyche.
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #774 on: August 18, 2009, 10:56:25 AM »

Personally excited about the Japan leg(s), Phnom Penh, the barely possible Masada leg and the Eastern Europe legs. Meh about the rest for now. Not even bothering to leave LA or cross the Equator again fail.

Great map Neobie. :D (Except I think it should 5-6 Aug for Prague.) And it ain't fail, it's epic fail. I can possibly understand the lack of equator-crossing due to AH1N1 fears (I think it's flu season down there), but the LA start is unexcusable.
I'm baaaaaack!