Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 437480 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #725 on: August 12, 2009, 06:54:22 PM »
This might have got lost in the shuffle ..

Stockholm forum

Russia bastard
 The Amazing Race 15

A little insider info for all TAR fans: Season 15 will buy you a visit to everyone's favorite Stockholm! Detailed fixed Gröna Lund. Saw it with my own eyes

Just passing thru  :lol:

update..

Russia bastard

It was very hush hush over the whole. The few people who were involved were forced to sign confidentiality papers (I am not one of those, however, so I can babble freely  ). ****ing fast to cover up the envelope box with black refuse sacks, they were also, as soon as the participants were not in the vicinity.

What I understood the whole situation as it was a "Detour" (only a few were run), the task was to go tilt. A strange detail is that there is still something on the roof at Jetline: an arrow in the TAR colors that point in the direction of the Jet Rock. What it used to, I know not ...

Quote:
Originally Posted bySnotric
You stole clue?

No, even if it scratched in the fingers. Before the park had opened the box was relatively unguarded with only a few camera people with their backs on it, but I dared not look into the 

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #726 on: August 13, 2009, 01:29:44 PM »
 :jumpy:  Video of "green team" running to get a cab in Las Vegas  :yess:

Author writes:
While walking back to the Venetian on 8/7/09, we saw people in backpacks running and cameramen chasing them -- of course, my first thought was: The Amazing Race! This is the video I took of "the green team" getting into their cab.

video link

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #727 on: August 13, 2009, 01:34:37 PM »
looking more and more like decoys

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #728 on: August 13, 2009, 01:46:19 PM »
Nice find!  Boy those passers by sure were fooled!  But you would think the camera crew would at least try 1)  to get a shot  2) to look like they have hast    :res:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #729 on: August 13, 2009, 02:20:39 PM »
:jumpy:  Video of "green team" running to get a cab in Las Vegas  :yess:

Author writes:
While walking back to the Venetian on 8/7/09, we saw people in backpacks running and cameramen chasing them -- of course, my first thought was: The Amazing Race! This is the video I took of "the green team" getting into their cab.

video link
Nice find Boingo  :jam: :jumpy:

LOL at the pedestrians taking photos!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 02:24:34 PM by puddin »

Offline beau_30

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • STEWIE GRIFFIN FOR 2008!!
« Reply #730 on: August 13, 2009, 02:29:43 PM »
This is where the video is.

I agree it looks like Decoys.  They wouldnt be so calm and the camera crew looks so slow. Even the video person was like wow, their sluggish.
"The only Thing to Fear, Is Fear Itself"

Offline EnduranceRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #731 on: August 13, 2009, 02:40:44 PM »
This is where the video is.

I agree it looks like Decoys.  They wouldnt be so calm and the camera crew looks so slow. Even the video person was like wow, their sluggish.

agreed this pretty much counts them as decoys and if they were traveling with the globetrotters as pointed out. . .it looks like the orange guys are in the final 3 with Brian and Ericka and Cheyne and Megan

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #732 on: August 13, 2009, 02:41:50 PM »
This shot was taken between 11:27 and 11:33 am (assumes August 7th).

So the camera crew still had a good half hour to work up the sweat that artlover's relatives reported seeing later on around noon down by Caesar's Palace.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 02:48:53 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #733 on: August 13, 2009, 02:46:03 PM »
^^ which makes it WAY to early from what we know about the other final 3 teams! Thanks Chateau  :jam:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #734 on: August 13, 2009, 02:51:23 PM »
Yes, and actually, the exif data on the shots of Harlem and father/son team says:

Harlem  11:03:59 am
Father/son  11:07:59 am

I just did not trust it for sure.

Offline artlover33

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #735 on: August 13, 2009, 03:05:15 PM »
What a fun video! Looks like decoys to me too, still excited my sister got to see part of the action live though! Very excited about this season.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #736 on: August 13, 2009, 08:32:03 PM »
^^ which makes it WAY to early from what we know about the other final 3 teams! Thanks Chateau  :jam:

We can clearly hear the woman speaking on the video "there they go, off to the airport"  Could it be that the decoys are off to the airport to catch a plane to the actual last pit stop and meet up with the final three and others teams who have been sequestered somewhere?

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #737 on: August 13, 2009, 08:36:48 PM »

We can clearly hear the woman speaking on the video "there they go, off to the airport"  Could it be that the decoys are off to the airport to catch a plane to the actual last pit stop and meet up with the final three and others teams who have been sequestered somewhere?

VegasSinner spotted our actual final 3 in Vegas, so it can be assumed that the race ends outside of Vegas which may be where the cab is headed.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #738 on: August 13, 2009, 08:40:17 PM »

They might have went to the terminal in hopes of being spotted Gman. And the person taking the video I assume did not follow them to the terminal for all we know they were dropped off a few blocks away to run around Vegas some more. We have sightings of the father/son and GlobeTrotters after noon as well.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #739 on: August 13, 2009, 09:21:05 PM »
I would think the filmer just thought they were going to the airport since they went that direction.  They could have been going to the MGM Grand where we know a task took place.  It's in the same direction as the airport from where they are.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #740 on: August 13, 2009, 09:27:57 PM »
We need one of Boingo's "where have they been" in Vegas maps  :jam:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #741 on: August 13, 2009, 11:14:51 PM »
We need one of Boingo's "where have they been" in Vegas maps  :jam:

In due time, puddin.  We only know for certain of three confirmed sightings (of the decoys), namely the Venetian, Caesars, and the Golden Gate (downtown - Fremont Experience).  No need for a map before we know which wedding chapel for sure.

BTW, I don't think the "green team" came from the north as indicated in the above map.  If you look at the first few seconds of the video, they are seen in the crosswalk of the Venetian coming from the south to catch a cab (you can see the camera guy also coming that way).  They must have been doing something south of the Venetian and later went north to enter the Venetian property to get a cab.  hmmmmmm... not sure what this means yet....  this would be even more interesting if we didn't already know that they were decoys.   :lol:

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #742 on: August 13, 2009, 11:27:08 PM »
I'm no map person, that's for sure.  I was intending to show the relationship of the MGM and airport to the Venetian.  The person filming said they were headed to the airport, but just wanted to show that they could just as well be headed to the MGM, which VegasSinner mentioned.

:gnome

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #743 on: August 13, 2009, 11:37:59 PM »
I'm no map person, that's for sure.  I was intending to show the relationship of the MGM and airport to the Venetian.  The person filming said they were headed to the airport, but just wanted to show that they could just as well be headed to the MGM, which VegasSinner mentioned.

:gnome

:lol:  and a fine map it is, graytex.  My comments to puddin were meant to stimulate discussion...  given the few  actual facts we have.   Jump right in and join the debate.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #744 on: August 14, 2009, 01:13:18 AM »
I was just thinking that the decoys went up onto the Rialto Bridge, crossed over, and came down the other side.  Maybe there was not even a decoy clue box there.  Just a loop.  My time estimate of 11:27 to 11:33 may well be 15 minute ahead of reality.  I kind of winged it on estimating the angle that lamp post's shadow made with the curb.  Re-looking at it tells me it may have been 11:12 to 11:18 am for the video.  If that is real and if the camera's clock was right (11:08 for the Father/son team)  then it would appear the decoys did a simple run over the bridge and were caught on tape as they returned to grab a taxi.

I'm real good at circular reasoning eh?   :lol:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #745 on: August 14, 2009, 08:41:01 AM »
I was just thinking that the decoys went up onto the Rialto Bridge, crossed over, and came down the other side.  Maybe there was not even a decoy clue box there.  Just a loop.  My time estimate of 11:27 to 11:33 may well be 15 minute ahead of reality.  I kind of winged it on estimating the angle that lamp post's shadow made with the curb.  Re-looking at it tells me it may have been 11:12 to 11:18 am for the video.  If that is real and if the camera's clock was right (11:08 for the Father/son team)  then it would appear the decoys did a simple run over the bridge and were caught on tape as they returned to grab a taxi.

I'm real good at circular reasoning eh?   :lol:

I suppose we could just ask the guy who took the video if they actually crossed the bridge (which, from the angle, is where the video appears to be shot), however we do have Racefan82 (who took pictures) on the board.  Maybe he can tell us any additional details of the racers movements at the Venetian.  :snicker:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #746 on: August 16, 2009, 06:08:01 PM »
moved to the flight thread nvm
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 06:51:10 PM by puddin »

Offline Racefan82

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #747 on: August 16, 2009, 08:41:31 PM »
The Father/son team came in and were in full sprint mode, which made me believe they were in it.  Like I said, way too hot to be "faking it".

I don't know if anyone else has questioned this, but VegasSinner seems to have way too much inside knowledge on this and had it pretty early.  This makes me believe he is either a WRP member gone rogue or could possibly be throwing us off the scent.  So far, he has no photos or any proof.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #748 on: August 16, 2009, 11:14:17 PM »
Ack, overwhelmed with information after returning to my computer...!

Quick summary map before CBS puts theirs up ;D, nicer one with dates to come soon, when I figure out all you guys' spoilers!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #749 on: August 16, 2009, 11:25:21 PM »
The Father/son team came in and were in full sprint mode, which made me believe they were in it.  Like I said, way too hot to be "faking it".

I don't know if anyone else has questioned this, but VegasSinner seems to have way too much inside knowledge on this and had it pretty early.  This makes me believe he is either a WRP member gone rogue or could possibly be throwing us off the scent.  So far, he has no photos or any proof.

puddin and I both stand by VegasSinner and the info s/he has graciously provided. Nuff said?

I suppose we could just ask the guy who took the video if they actually crossed the bridge (which, from the angle, is where the video appears to be shot), however we do have Racefan82 (who took pictures) on the board.  Maybe he can tell us any additional details of the racers movements at the Venetian.  :snicker:

:popcorn:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.