Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 437525 times)

Offline artlover33

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #650 on: August 07, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »
You're doing great!

Can you ask her about the flags?  Where were those flags?  What size?  I saw little flags at LAX.  And not too many either!  Easy to miss.

I got confused the first time I talked to her about it, what she saw wasn't a flag it was the pack with the yellow/red stripes we all know and love. She mentioned she knew it was the race because the pack had that design and she knows the flags on the race have that design....so I wrote down the wrong thing in my first post. Sorry for the confusion!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #651 on: August 07, 2009, 07:31:58 PM »
I would like to add some information on international flights landing in Las Vegas between midnight and noon today. Here they are:

from Toronto US160 1007, AC591 1057
from Calgary AC546 1048, WS(Westjet)354 1144
from Vancouver US395 1035
from Mexico City MX990 after 0911
from Guadalajara OAE107 0051, MX996 1010
from Montreal AC575 1125

I happen to agree with Chateau's analysis that says you back up from an approximately noon sighting and then subtract an allowance for getting through customs/immigration and getting from McCarran (5 miles from the Las Vegas central Business district). I am using 1 hour total, so that means flights must land before 11am. That means that the prime suspects are US160 from Toronto, AC546 from Calgary, US395 from Vancouver, MX990 from Mexico City and MX996 from Guadalajara.

The next step is to work backward from the departures in the above cities to see the window for incoming flights from Europe to there.

Those departures are:
US160 0824
AC591 0908
US354 0758
AC546 0858
MX990 0720
MX996 0910

Working backward, here is what is possible in the right time frame incoming from Europe on this morning:
into Toronto - AC84 from Tel Aviv landed 0540; that's it because the London flying into Toronto is London Ontario
into Calgary - nothing, with incoming from LHR late afternoon and evening, too late to be useful
into Vancouver - nothing; although there are later arrivals from Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, London Gatwick, London Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle, none is in the right time frame
into Mexico City from Madrid IB6401 arrived 616am
into Guadalajara - nothing except for cargo flights in from CDG and FRA

So the theory I am using is not working too well with nothing except one flight from Tel Aviv and one from Madrid this morning in the right time frame. Those are not the right cities for European deaprture points. I am returning to my prior theory of flying Prague to Atlanta, then connecting Atlanta to Las Vegas.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #652 on: August 07, 2009, 07:43:53 PM »
I would like to add some information on international flights landing in Las Vegas between midnight and noon today. Here they are:

from Toronto US160 1007, AC591 1057
from Calgary AC546 1048, WS(Westjet)354 1144
from Vancouver US395 1035
from Mexico City MX990 after 0911
from Guadalajara OAE107 0051, MX996 1010
from Montreal AC575 1125

I happen to agree with Chateau's analysis that says you back up from an approximately noon sighting and then subtract an allowance for getting through customs/immigration and getting from McCarran (5 miles from the Las Vegas central Business district). I am using 1 hour total, so that means flights must land before 11am. That means that the prime suspects are US160 from Toronto, AC546 from Calgary, US395 from Vancouver, MX990 from Mexico City and MX996 from Guadalajara.

The next step is to work backward from the departures in the above cities to see the window for incoming flights from Europe to there.

Those departures are:
US160 0824
AC591 0908
US354 0758
AC546 0858
MX990 0720
MX996 0910

Working backward, here is what is possible in the right time frame incoming from Europe on this morning:
into Toronto - AC84 from Tel Aviv landed 0540; that's it because the London flying into Toronto is London Ontario
into Calgary - nothing, with incoming from LHR late afternoon and evening, too late to be useful
into Vancouver - nothing; although there are later arrivals from Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, London Gatwick, London Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle, none is in the right time frame
into Mexico City from Madrid IB6401 arrived 616am
into Guadalajara - nothing except for cargo flights in from CDG and FRA

So the theory I am using is not working too well with nothing except one flight from Tel Aviv and one from Madrid this morning in the right time frame. Those are not the right cities for European deaprture points. I am returning to my prior theory of flying Prague to Atlanta, then connecting Atlanta to Las Vegas.

Why does it have to be an "international" flight to Las Vegas? There are tons of domestic arrivals in the correct time frame.

Regarding the allowance time for customs and immigration - when you fly from Toronto to the USA you "pre-clear" before you board the plane. So the flights can land at domestic terminals and you don't have to go through customs and immigration again.
I believe they use the same process in Montreal and Vancouver.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #653 on: August 07, 2009, 07:48:37 PM »
Well said  :lol: I am really excited for Las Vegas. I am sure it will be a great ending
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #654 on: August 07, 2009, 07:50:13 PM »
If Atlanta was the connection, then teams would go through ICE there, and not in Las Vegas. IIRC, the T Concourse at ATL correctly, there's a way for passengers to connect to a domestic flight using the underground trains between the various concourses (A,B,C,D, E) without going into the Arrivals area beyond the security threshold.
-- theschnauzers

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #655 on: August 07, 2009, 07:54:29 PM »
If we're going with the lead that they took Prague to Atlanta, then there are 2 flights that arrives within the time span.

and

The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #656 on: August 07, 2009, 09:04:43 PM »
See Peach?  There are my 10am flights from Toronto!

:neener:

But we had on site coverage there for those flights, and no teams were seen. :neener:

oops, I am catchijng up! :groan:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:11:14 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #657 on: August 07, 2009, 09:24:49 PM »
If teams transited in Atlanta today....that still means we need a place for them to have been since Pitstop checkin on 8-5 in Prague. An extended pitstop right before the finale leg usually doesn't happen...so another leg somewhere?? ???  Either in Europe, or in somewhere like Toronto.

And the Atlanta airport was PACKED yesterday...it was taking passengers 1 to 1.5 hours to get thru customs. And once you are thru customs, you can connect to any flight anywhere. All of the terminals are behind security.

Wish I could have gone again today, but duty called, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #658 on: August 07, 2009, 09:26:59 PM »
:bigwelcome artlover33!!!

Thank you SO much for coming to share with us!! :jumpy:

Great job!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #659 on: August 07, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »
See Peach?  There are my 10am flights from Toronto!

:neener:

But we had on site coverage there for those flights, and no teams were seen. :neener:

Smack down on me...if they weren't on that flight I'll buy you your first drink at Tarcon.   :jam: :jam:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 09:50:52 AM by graytex »

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #660 on: August 07, 2009, 10:21:48 PM »
I hope they do a full leg in Toronto, its one of the only world class cities yest to have a full and proper leg with a pit stop.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #661 on: August 07, 2009, 11:09:56 PM »
password,

The chances that any tasks were done in Toronto other than changing planes are slim to none. World Race Productions is not going to expose the final 3 teams anywhere that they do not have to. If the final leg were in Toronto, which could happen in the future(to a greater extent than several but not the final 2 tasks for AR8), it would be different. However, nobody other than you is suggesting that this race finished in Toronto.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #662 on: August 07, 2009, 11:36:52 PM »
password,

The chances that any tasks were done in Toronto other than changing planes are slim to none. World Race Productions is not going to expose the final 3 teams anywhere that they do not have to. If the final leg were in Toronto, which could happen in the future(to a greater extent than several but not the final 2 tasks for AR8), it would be different. However, nobody other than you is suggesting that this race finished in Toronto.
top off my head...could this season feature another finale super-leg?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline artlover33

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #663 on: August 08, 2009, 07:21:43 AM »
:bigwelcome artlover33!!!

Thank you SO much for coming to share with us!! :jumpy:

Great job!!

Thanks for the welcome Peach! And I looked at my sister's facebook just now, it says she made the post about seeing the team at 2:34pm. I am in the eastern time zone. I dont know if how facebook timestamps posts from different time zones, would that mean she saw them at 11:34am Vegas time? hmmmm.... but that does fit with the two flights from ATL, especially the one that got in at 10:55am..

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #664 on: August 08, 2009, 08:59:01 AM »
[/quote]

If you read what i said, it clearly says I HOPE NOT IT FINSHED IN TORONTO, so im not saying it finsihed in TOronto, but I hope it will. :groan:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #665 on: August 08, 2009, 09:07:29 AM »
I have done some more checking and there are no flights arriving Los Angeles nonstop form Europe before noon. The logistics of why that is so are obvious. The earliest originating flights I have seen to connecting hubs like Frankfurt do not leave before 6am because they would have fewer psasengers and the flights nonstop to LAX (like LH456) do not leave before 10am typically. The flying time (11.5 hours from Frankfurt) and time change involved (9 hours) combine to make it impossibe for same-morning arrival.
I checked these originating airports:

PRG
AMS
LHR
LGW
CDG
FRA
MUC
FCO
MXP
VIE
CPH

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #666 on: August 08, 2009, 10:07:48 AM »
Could it be that our team with the green and gray backpacks, the youngen with the red striped hair and his father/companion are the fourth place team and have been sent to the wrong city as a decoy? 

It has happened before that well-recognized teams have been sent ahead as a decoy in the wrong city.

The sighting in Vegas is strange, it happened "behind her car" in heavy traffic.  And details were only added when prompted.

Just being cautious.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #667 on: August 08, 2009, 10:15:22 AM »

Thanks for the welcome Peach! And I looked at my sister's facebook just now, it says she made the post about seeing the team at 2:34pm. I am in the eastern time zone. I dont know if how facebook timestamps posts from different time zones, would that mean she saw them at 11:34am Vegas time? hmmmm.... but that does fit with the two flights from ATL, especially the one that got in at 10:55am..

The last three teams flew in this afternoon at 1:45pm, their clue was to head to a wedding chapel on the Strip, walk in on a wedding taking place, and get the clue from the "King".  Once they arrived in the chapel, there was a couple set up to pretend to get married by Elvis, Elvis then gave them the final clue which was to make their way over to the MGM hotel at the other end of the Strip to win.  I have no proof.  You'll just have to take my word for it, a total stranger, that lives and works in sin city.   

Thank you, thank you very much.

These to times seem to jive.  They could have been seen at Caesar's coming from or going to the wedding chapel (using Chapel of the Bells as a correct spotting).  Chapel of the Bells is at the other end of the strip from the MGM Grand.  Here's a map:  A) McCarran Airport (1:45ish) B) Chapel of the Bells C) Caesar's Palace (2:34ish) D) MGM Grand.

There must be a final difficult task before the finish line...maybe a gambling task at the MGM Grand?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #668 on: August 08, 2009, 10:20:48 AM »
Hi artlover, that's great info.

Based on the time of the siting (around noon) I would guess that the teams may have arrived on one of these flights from Toronto:

(it's about the only out-of-country choice!)

Hmmm, I was at YYZ from 5:30am to 9:00am watching check-in for both of those flights (US160 and AC591) and saw nothing.
The only way they used those flights without me seeing is if they transferred directly from another US flight.

Couldn't Chicago be another option?

When you say you were watching check-in do you mean watching at the purchasing check-in counter or watching at the check-in gate for the aircraft?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #669 on: August 08, 2009, 11:27:29 AM »
Chateau, I believe that was watching the checkin counter where you buy tickets pre-security, not the arrival/departure gate desk/transit area.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #670 on: August 08, 2009, 11:43:36 AM »
If that is the case then Teams could have landed in Toronto and just spent the duration behind security until the flight to Vegas.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #671 on: August 08, 2009, 12:04:51 PM »
Chateau, are you reading the LAST LEG spoiler thread as well? VegasSinner has said that teams flew in at 145PM. Not sure if that is meant to be an "about 145" or what, but there is only one International flight from London that is even close... Also doesn't fit with the earlier team sightings...Hmmmm...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #672 on: August 08, 2009, 01:29:45 PM »
VegasSinner also said the wedding chapel was in downtown.  I think the Chapel of the Bells may not be far enough downtown to qualify.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #673 on: August 08, 2009, 02:21:09 PM »
Hi everyone! This is my first post but I've been lurking here forever...................love everything you guys do around here this is one of my favorite sites!

I had to register because my sister is in Vegas and she just saw a team! She said she was driving down the strip and was stopped in traffic when two guys with a camera crew ran behind her car! She saw amazing race flags! She said she did not get a good look at them but only saw their backs. They were wearing green and grey backpacks and darted through the traffic across the street! That was the only information she could give me but I thought I should pass it along.

This siting was 3 hours ago..... ( If this post is in the wrong place please feel free to move)

Trying to form some consistency here:

Maybe artlover's sister posted the siting on her Facebook at about 2:34 pm Las Vegas time.  Artlover may have written this "This siting was 3 hours ago...."  thinking that the time needed to be adjusted by 3 hours in since artlover was on the East coast at the moment. 

I hope we can get a reconciliation on this!

Then VegaSinner's airport arrival time of 1:00 to 1:45 pm would be consistent with seeing a team on the strip at 2:34 pm.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #674 on: August 08, 2009, 03:04:58 PM »
Thats how I was reading it Chateau,

artlover posted at 06:07:36 PM » ET, he tells us hes on the East Coast with sister in Las Vegas on PDT leaving me to believe that 3 hours ago @ Vegas time at the time of his post was 3:07:36 pm PDT