Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 437443 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #525 on: August 03, 2009, 03:12:04 PM »
Stockholm forum

Russia bastard
 The Amazing Race 15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little insider info for all TAR fans: Season 15 will buy you a visit to everyone's favorite Stockholm! Detailed fixed Gröna Lund. Saw it with my own eyes

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #526 on: August 03, 2009, 03:23:56 PM »
 :funny:  what the heck are they looking at?  :res:

... once again puddin finds another blog...

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #527 on: August 03, 2009, 03:32:01 PM »

counting?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #528 on: August 03, 2009, 03:43:48 PM »
Based on Terese's photo, I am going to pull a Chateau and say that this photo was taken at 9:08AM. :funny:

But this does confirm the Harlem's as racers not decoys, as the decoy teams have no further contact with the active racers.

No, this picture of the Globetrotters was taken as the teams arrived at the Stockholm airport from the Netherlands.  So, yes, the Globetrotters participated in the Stockholm gig but may have been eliminated at the pit stop.  They would then continue on to Tallinn as decoys.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #529 on: August 03, 2009, 03:52:07 PM »
 ;D  locations we know of in Tallinn (so far)   :yess:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:57:30 PM by Boingo »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #530 on: August 03, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »
 "primefun" was here!   :tup:

Offline primefun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #531 on: August 03, 2009, 04:58:58 PM »
haha thats right i was there... :D u guys are good at your job lol

anyway if u are curious then i also ran all the way from Pikk to Hermanni with them (the run started out from what u see on video 3 i posted with the miss america team and the blue team running past me)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #532 on: August 03, 2009, 08:02:22 PM »
The only thing near the spot they're staring at is the door lock (here).

Offline tigellinus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #533 on: August 03, 2009, 09:32:23 PM »
Hey primefun, as a life-long Race fan who never previously peeked at spoilers (or even knew they existed as a regular viewer) that was one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Awesome work and thank you so much!  :tup:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #534 on: August 03, 2009, 09:41:33 PM »
We seem to have lots of pix of teams arriving and leaving sites, but nothing that reveals what kind of tasks the teams have to do in any of the places visited.  Too bad.  But the race has been tracked pretty much accurately so far.  Just one or two at the most more sites before coming back to the USofA at the end of the week.  Any ideas where in the states?

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #535 on: August 03, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »
Okay then, let me try again.

Harlems
Team Blue
Team Green  
Team Orange??  
Team Yellown (Erika/Brian) :yess:
Told ya it was team orange :luvu: , back packs match thanks Acoustic

OMG.. no more poker Ladies??
Yeah, looks like they bit the dust in either the Netherlands or Estonia.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:30:43 PM by Ashe »
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #536 on: August 03, 2009, 11:46:50 PM »
I kinda think that Tiffany/Maria where eliminated in The Netherlands and Harlem G-Trotters are out from Sweden as they seem to be out, though I am not sure
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #537 on: August 03, 2009, 11:58:24 PM »
We seem to have lots of pix of teams arriving and leaving sites, but nothing that reveals what kind of tasks the teams have to do in any of the places visited.  Too bad.  But the race has been tracked pretty much accurately so far.  Just one or two at the most more sites before coming back to the USofA at the end of the week.  Any ideas where in the states?

Gman,

I do not have any specific nominations for Finsh Line City. However, I do have a point to make about this. Remember AR13 where the Final 3 flew from Moscow via Frankfurt to Portland OR. Ths same logic applies to AR15. Beacuse not reaching the west coast would mean a less than 360 degree race, I have a hunch that we will be seeing a West Coast City once again. These have nonstop flights from several European cities:

Los Angeles - as example, 4 from CDG
San Francisco - example 1 from CDG
Seattle - example 1 from CDG

These cities do not have nonstop flights from Paris, but they are worth considering using a eastern or Midwest connection point:
Sacramento
Las Vegas
Portland
San Diego
San Jose (it's larger than San Francisco in population)

DavidJunior

« Reply #538 on: August 04, 2009, 01:30:48 AM »

San Jose (it's larger than San Francisco in population)

that would make me pretty much the happiest person alive, but I doubt that it will happen on this race.... maybe when we start getting into the 20's *crosses fingers*

Offline primefun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #539 on: August 04, 2009, 01:38:14 AM »

the reason behind this must be that you know how in some legs they get multiple clues pointing them onwards and onwards without any real roadblocks or detours on the way, i think this was the case here in estonia as well, they arrived at 10 a.m., ran around from place to place and then disappeared from tallinn completely - i am assuming they were pointed on to detour which must have been out of the city.

as for all the research ive done meanwhile, absolutely noone has spotted them after yesterdays morning... the only hint i got was that they might head to russia now but dont take my word for it, puzzled..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #540 on: August 04, 2009, 01:58:25 AM »
Thank you  primefun  :ya3: :wine:

Offline primefun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #541 on: August 04, 2009, 02:08:24 AM »
monitoring tallinn airport but no sign of them:

http://www.tallinn-airport.ee/webcams

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #542 on: August 04, 2009, 03:18:50 AM »

Apparently, I can recall that door so much... It's the door to the house of the Brotherhood of Blackheads...

Maybe they're thinking that the clue's inside?

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:38:35 AM by Mooyou »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline spanishtarfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #543 on: August 04, 2009, 06:34:11 AM »
Apparently, I can recall that door so much... It's the door to the house of the Brotherhood of Blackheads...

Maybe they're thinking that the clue's inside?

[/quote]

well, the weird thing is that the poker girls were also peeking through the door, but if you take a look at the other pictures, there's one where Tiffany actually runs out of the same door (which happens to be open).

Does primefun know whether they entered the building or not?

besides, i dont see no operation hours sign anywhere. Maybe they were given a key and they were trying to open the door? Or they had to get a key in some detour? or was it part of a detour where they first had to get the key and then enter the building to finish the detour?  :(

Offline primefun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #544 on: August 04, 2009, 06:38:38 AM »
besides, i dont see no operation hours sign anywhere. Maybe they were given a key and they were trying to open the door? Or they had to get a key in some detour? or was it part of a detour where they first had to get the key and then enter the building to finish the detour?  :(

they had a key with them to the blackheads place already on the ferry, but the fact that the lock is somewhere as low as this is beyond me, i should go and check this place out some more :D

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
« Reply #545 on: August 04, 2009, 06:53:09 AM »

they had a key with them to the blackheads place already on the ferry, but the fact that the lock is somewhere as low as this is beyond me, i should go and check this place out some more :D

so primefun do you think that the girls are just staged or could they still be actually racing?

Offline spanishtarfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #546 on: August 04, 2009, 07:18:11 AM »

Thats would be great primefun!!!

Thanks a lot  :jumpy:

Offline primefun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #547 on: August 04, 2009, 07:46:07 AM »

so primefun do you think that the girls are just staged or could they still be actually racing?

tbh i have no clue as i have never been into spoilers that much except for the TAR11 all stars :) so i dont know how do they work with decoys normally, dont they have the elimination station anymore then, as in previous seasons people who had been eliminated returned to the elim. station?? then again it wouldnt make sense to still have 6 teams racing and also the fact that the last team appeared 2 hours later, the ferry schedules just dont match... so i would say they are decoys but then again im not too worried about that, we will leave some things to be revealed in the actual show lol

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #548 on: August 04, 2009, 08:57:16 AM »
Green Father/Son Team at the start:  Team 3

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #549 on: August 04, 2009, 08:59:22 AM »
This is more spec than spoiler, but I'll go ahead and comment here.

The final 2-3 teams eliminated (generally the teams eliminated in 4th and 5th place, sometimes in 6th as well), do not go to sequester but travel with production. While they have no further contact with the racers, they generally are given an opportunity to do whatever fun task the racers get to do, bungy or whatever. So those teams literally get to go the same places and do the same things the racers do. They are given clues, and asked to run a leg, with camera crews, just as if they still racing. They are sometimes given extra clues, and told to liberally scatter them around.

In earlier seasons (I know this happened both in 5 and 10 for sure), a team might have been sent to even a different finale CITY and asked to run a faux-leg. I am not aware that the different city has been used since AllStars, however. In season 13, for the first time, at least one team was asked to run a leg even AFTER the finale mat scenes had already been shot, probably due to the unprecedented media publicity in Portland and due to some warnings production received about security breeches.

Last season Mel and Mike did go to sequester (ES), but the teams elim'd in 4th and 5th remaining positions ran decoy. Whether or not the 6th position team runs is variable. Kelly and Christy did run in season 13, which was a blessng as both the 4th and 5th teams ended up with some passport/visa issues.

This time around, both puddin and I have a suspicion that the ES is in Thailand again, perhaps in Chiang Mai this time. So not taking a team all the way there and then turning right around again may explain why we are seeing what we believe to be the team finishing in 6th position running decoy.

IMO, Maria and Tiffany are definitely running a decoy leg. The time difference from the ferry, the posing for the cameras, the fact that the media was allowed to go along and not chased away, but above all the holding of several clues is a give away in my mind.

My guess is that the Netherlands may be a NEL, they go out in Sweden, and then travel with production to Estonian. There is a convenient flight Stockholm>Tallinn that arrives at 1040 AM.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.