Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 436514 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 15 spoilers, sightings & locations
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2009, 08:04:49 AM »
There are flights from Dubai to:

Perth   EK424 leaving at 10:05 am
Melbourne  EK406 leaving at 10:10 am
Sydney    EK412 leaving at 10:15 am
Brisbane   EK434  leaving at 10:25 am

And that's it for rest of the day!

So I think she did post from Dubai.

And there are flights leaving Dubai from 8am to 12pm going west, southwest or northwest to:

Paris CDG -2
Frankfurt
Entebbe
Malta
CapeTown
Munich
Zurich
Dusseldorf
Cairo
Hamburg
Tripoli
Milan MXP
London LHR -4
Rome FCO
Moscow
Venice
Vienna
Athens
Johannesburg
Nairobi
DarEsSalaam
Alexandria
Istanbul

those are 27 places where AR15 coudl have flown nonstop to Europe or Africa. My favorite(even though its probability is obviously less than 4%) is Istanbul because Amazing Race 7 has the only prior visit to Istanbul (except for occasional airport connections which don't count in my judgment). Istanbul is overdue. We'll see if my 4% bet has any validity.

I think the probability of teams going backwards to Australia or to anywhere else to the northeast, east of southeast in Asia are slim at best.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:29:56 PM by apskip »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2009, 09:12:18 AM »
I think the probability of teams going backwards to Australia to anywhere else to the notheast, east of southeast in Asia are slim at best.

Huh?

That's not my point.  I wanted to know where SteffieSunrise was posting from based her statement that they were leaving to visit her Uncle in Australia

Pay attention!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Coolios

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2009, 09:33:42 AM »
I wanted to know where SteffieSunrise was posting from based her statement that they were leaving to visit her Uncle in Australia

According to me she was writing from London, UK. She lives there and 14 hours ago she wrote: "All my peeps are missing. :( Don't go away! We're packing right now. Excited to see Uncle Henry in Australia." I think that means, she was at home @ London.

11 hours ago she wrote: "We were checking out and this American couple came in with tv cameras. They wanted to borrow Joe's mobile to call the airport." That means she was at the airport at the moment. And London's biggest airport is Heathrow.

You can't get within three hours from London to Dubai.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2009, 09:42:23 AM »
But she also wrote this

Breakfast and lunch was so good. I wish I spoke the langauge. It makes shopping easier! Having so much fun.9:58 PM Jul 23rd from web

Which tells me she is not in her home country!  Remember they are checking out of their hotel too.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2009, 09:49:21 AM »
I wanted to know where SteffieSunrise was posting from based her statement that they were leaving to visit her Uncle in Australia

According to me she was writing from London, UK. She lives there and 14 hours ago she wrote: "All my peeps are missing. :( Don't go away! We're packing right now. Excited to see Uncle Henry in Australia." I think that means, she was at home @ London.

11 hours ago she wrote: "We were checking out and this American couple came in with tv cameras. They wanted to borrow Joe's mobile to call the airport." That means she was at the airport at the moment. And London's biggest airport is Heathrow.

You can't get within three hours from London to Dubai.

No...

They were checking out of their hotel.
They wanted to borrow Joe's mobile to call the airport.
Why would they want to borrow someones cell phone to call the airport if they were already at the airport????
This tweeting all happened in a hotel lobby. The question is which hotel lobby?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2009, 10:12:51 AM »
I think the probability of teams going backwards to Australia to anywhere else to the notheast, east of southeast in Asia are slim at best.

Huh?

That's not my point.  I wanted to know where SteffieSunrise was posting from based her statement that they were leaving to visit her Uncle in Australia

Pay attention!

Trying not to look like a creepy stalker of teenage girls - but SteffieSunrise rides :mechbull: an Arabian horse - what better place to find them than Dubai...

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2009, 12:16:46 PM »
Could the hotel Steffie was at be the Pit Stop hotel for that leg? There have been many references to 'the hotel' on previous TARs (Krakow to KL, Florence to Mumbai (?)) where they stayed, especially considering that it seems like they're leaving in the morning.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2009, 12:43:26 PM »
The problem is that we have NO idea where Steffi was, although we hope to find out.  ;) Dubai is a possibility but so are other places in the world...

And would they have 2 extended Pitstops back to back? Seems like Phnom Penh was extended. If not, then teams were long gone out of Dubai by the time of Steffi's post...I think? :lol: Remember that the first sighting was of a sign up sheet, meaning teams should have been tasking on the 27th AM.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2009, 03:33:47 PM »
Blog: *hee

Lastly, we went to Wat Phnom which, to be honest the meaning got lost in the excitement of seeing one of the last legs of the Amazing Race!! A section was blocked off and our Cambodian friend who was showing us around the city asked what was going on. Through some investigation we found out that the contestants from the Amazing Race were to meet the host at the top of the mountain of Wat Phnom. We went up and got a look at the host and the first team that arrived. On our way out we saw the next 2 teams arrive and were able to get some pictures and video. Of all the days and places, eh? It was crazy and random!

Offline EnduranceRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2009, 03:40:03 PM »
Blog: *hee

Lastly, we went to Wat Phnom which, to be honest the meaning got lost in the excitement of seeing one of the last legs of the Amazing Race!! A section was blocked off and our Cambodian friend who was showing us around the city asked what was going on. Through some investigation we found out that the contestants from the Amazing Race were to meet the host at the top of the mountain of Wat Phnom. We went up and got a look at the host and the first team that arrived. On our way out we saw the next 2 teams arrive and were able to get some pictures and video. Of all the days and places, eh? It was crazy and random!

great find!!!!!!!

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2009, 03:41:31 PM »
Great find Puddin'.  It sounds like they might have been 2nd or 3rd that leg.

Interesting mask - possibly from a roadblock?

Offline EnduranceRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2009, 03:54:25 PM »
Great find Puddin'.  It sounds like they might have been 2nd or 3rd that leg.

Interesting mask - possibly from a roadblock?

thats what it sounded like from the post. They seem really interesting and have a good chance at being funny too

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2009, 04:08:20 PM »

Freakin excellent!

Camera data says the image was taken 2009:07:25 04:24:07 - probably still set to EST.
so Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 3:25:00 PM local time.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:15:11 PM by walkingpneumonia »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #238 on: July 29, 2009, 04:09:28 PM »
closeup

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2009, 04:54:34 PM »
 :jam:  Good job, puddin.  Looks like a Khmer Theatre (or dance) Mask.   :yess:

Wat Phnom  :jam:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=18840.0;attach=123104;image
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:13:44 PM by puddin »

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: July 29, 2009, 05:05:51 PM »
I'm still trying to get info from Steffi.  As the father of a teenage girl I can understand her reluctance...her parents would be proud, but we're talking TAR here!

:neener:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: July 29, 2009, 05:10:38 PM »
 ;D  Green mask may be of a monkey character (similar to one at the Sovanna Phum Theatre & Art Center)

:jam:    Looks like a Khmer Theatre (or dance) Mask.   :yess:

Wat Phnom  :jam:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=18840.0;attach=123104;image
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:15:11 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:16:36 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:17:59 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2009, 05:53:01 PM »
This shot was taken between 4:22 and 4:30 pm (assumes July 25th).

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #245 on: July 29, 2009, 06:19:14 PM »
Wow great find puddin!  Our globetrotters are making it through the race it looks like.  It's probably a Roadblock??
Their tag is team #4
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 01:16:44 PM by Snooky »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #246 on: July 29, 2009, 06:24:12 PM »
I think African American is strong I think defintly final 3

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: July 29, 2009, 06:27:22 PM »
 :groan:... oh sure, they even have a drum at Wat Phnom...  (:;)  :meow:  damn, damn, damn....  :knuckles:  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:51:12 PM by Boingo »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #248 on: July 29, 2009, 06:33:02 PM »
I was just checking flights from Phnom Pehn to Dubai starting from 5:00 am on July 26th in Phnom Pehn and the bestest possible arrival time is 9:30 pm!  That can be had by a team arriving at the Phnom Pehn airport as late as say 2 pm for the 3:30 pm flight to BKK.

It's a big equalizer.    :pull

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #249 on: July 29, 2009, 08:41:29 PM »
And yet we have teams running through Bangkok at 5pm, suggesting:
PG 934 to Bangkok, 1530-1640; TG 517 to Dubai, 1800-2130 (thanks Peach and folks on the Flights thread!)

There are 0940, 1005 and 1140 flights between Phnom Penh and Bangkok. I don't think teams will finish in Phnom Penh after 11pm to miss that third flight and risk a tighter connection, so I believe TPTB extended the Pit Stop?

A little more evidence: Phil needs to leave on the 8pm Phnom Penh-Bangkok flight on the 25th, or he'd be stuck in Phnom Penh together with the teams. All check-in's have to be done before that. A 12h Pit Stop with all check-in's before 8pm means teams would be taking the 9.40am flight to Bangkok the next morning, not the 3.30pm.

New modus operandi is to extend almost all Pit Stops as necessary to give Phil breathing room. The later departure times here, though, could have been to force teams onto different flights (see Flights thread) for different morning start times in Dubai, preventing an all-out bunching. By extending the Pit Stop, they could be preventing the "big equalizer" Chateau mentions.

First bus from HCMC gets in at about 2pm. Direct flights 1225-1315 and 1415-1455. Any of these could fit, eh?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 06:33:40 AM by Neobie »