Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 436470 times)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Re: The Amazing Race 15 Location Spoilers
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2009, 09:08:55 PM »

And hopefully they all changed lots of $$, as the fixed taxi fare from Narita to that area would be Y210,000, which would be approx $200.

Look's like WRP has a lot of budget right now... well, I'm pretty scared that if they waste too much the first few legs, we'll be seeing third world countries for the remainder... :( Adding Joab's entrance fees, that's a lot of money spent just for 1 clue... Hmmm...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2009, 09:16:45 PM »
Wow Haha. The producer may have read Mooyu race to add Tokyo in the leg..  :funny: :funny:

Maybe this season have overdose of China leg!!  :funny: :funny:

Hope they go to Indonesia!!! Yah i think maybe the bombing they maybe change route.. If not i dun mind they go Malaysia!! Wohoo!!   :wohoo:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline nyydem

• RFF Not So Newbie
This very well may be nothing, but thought I'd put it out there anyway...

I was using google translator to look through recent blog postings in Japanese and came across this:

http://aschwiiz.exblog.jp/10654362/ (original page)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://aschwiiz.exblog.jp/10654362/&prev=http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch%3Fhl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26oe%3DUTF-8%26um%3D1%26ie%3DUTF-8%26q%3D%25E6%259D%25B1%25E4%25BA%25AC%25E3%2582%25BF%25E3%2583%25AF%25E3%2583%25BC%26scoring%3Dd%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN (translated version)

The translation is very rough, so it's hard to really say what the author is talking about, but it sounds like he/she went to Tokyo Tower last night (the blog posting is from about 9 hours ago).  The post then says (in badly translated English):

Inside, I was the TV coverage of California.
Travel programs to get the money? I like Shino Teru.
"What if I speak English, I ask, I have been traveling around Japan to collect money."
So. . . The coins were only 100 yen from 100 yen gave.
Out by staff.
Do you want to be out on TV? The paper called WATASA.
Signed.
California is not a distraction on TV.

Obviously, what stands out are the "TV coverage of California" part and the "travel programs to get the money" part (I have no clue what Shino Teru is/means).  Is there anybody out there who speaks/reads Japanese who can translate this better than google can, and see if it may have to do with the race?

edited to get rid of stupid typos

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2009, 09:18:46 PM »
http://www.tokyotower.co.jp/english/05_info/index.html

Wonder if teams needed to pay their entrance fees? 1640 yen for both adults. Their opening hours are 9am to 10pm, so i think every team should be able to make it to the tower within the time limit.

Maybe the producer let them go free?? It may awful if you ask the team to spend their cash on entrance fee..
If not mayb the money they give will be more as Japan is a expensive country...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I believe a team asked the guy for money, and was filmed.. then the producers asked him if they were allowed to show him on TV.. if he does.. he has to sign an agreement (we know about this).. and he did?

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Th Amazing Race 15 Location Spoliers
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2009, 09:22:45 PM »
It's looking like there was a small startline task that teams had to complete before getting their clues:

Where is this Chateau? Is it in Japan??

Offline nyydem

• RFF Not So Newbie
I believe a team asked the guy for money, and was filmed.. then the producers asked him if they were allowed to show him on TV.. if he does.. he has to sign an agreement (we know about this).. and he did?

Yeah, that's what it sounded like to me as well.  The part about the yen is what's less clear - did a team ask this person for money?  100 yen is only slightly more than a dollar, so I can't imagine they'd be asking for only that if they ran out of money.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Wow Japan is first leg?? the producer is really taking so much budget in it..

I think it will follow season 10 route.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This very well may be nothing, but thought I'd put it out there anyway...

I was using google translator to look through recent blog postings in Japanese and came across this:

http://aschwiiz.exblog.jp/10654362/ (original page)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://aschwiiz.exblog.jp/10654362/&prev=http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch%3Fhl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26oe%3DUTF-8%26um%3D1%26ie%3DUTF-8%26q%3D%25E6%259D%25B1%25E4%25BA%25AC%25E3%2582%25BF%25E3%2583%25AF%25E3%2583%25BC%26scoring%3Dd%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN (translated version)

The translation is very rough, so it's hard to really say what the author is talking about, but it sounds like he/she went to Tokyo Tower last night (the blog posting is from about 9 hours ago).  The post then says (in badly translated English):

Inside, I was the TV coverage of California.
Travel programs to get the money? I like Shino Teru.
"What if I speak English, I ask, I have been traveling around Japan to collect money."
So. . . The coins were only 100 yen from 100 yen gave.
Out by staff.
Do you want to be out on TV? The paper called WATASA.
Signed.
California is not a distraction on TV.

Obviously, what stands out are the "TV coverage of California" part and the "travel programs to get the money" part (I have no clue what Shino Teru is/means).  Is there anybody out there who speaks/reads Japanese who can translate this better than google can, and see if it may have to do with the race?

edited to get rid of stupid typos

This person went that day to the Tokyo Tower. Inside the Tower, this person found people filming. Then some people approached asking him if he spoke English and then asked him for money (they were probably begging). They said "We are collecting money to travel around Japan". Then he says someone asked him to sign a release form to appear on the show.

(I was giving a proper translation to the post)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 09:40:07 PM by cdfe88 »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2009, 09:27:33 PM »
It's looking like there was a small startline task that teams had to complete before getting their clues:

At the start line...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2009, 09:28:54 PM »

At the start line...

Oh Thanks Peach.. The pic so unclear or maybe my age is catching up..  :'(

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2009, 09:33:06 PM »

:( We all age... I sympathize with you autowil, I also took them differently LOL

Question guys, How come teams did not lose a day when crossing the international date line from LA to Tokyo? Shouldn't there be a lost of a day because of that, could someone explain it to me? Haha Thanks!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Nice find nyydem!! :jumpy: :jumpy:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:01:02 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2009, 09:39:16 PM »

:( We all age... I sympathize with you autowil, I also took them differently LOL

Question guys, How come teams did not lose a day when crossing the international date line from LA to Tokyo? Shouldn't there be a lost of a day because of that, could someone explain it to me? Haha Thanks!

Not too sure.. But i think Tokyo maybe same timeline as LA??

Btw the green room look cool.. Any sightings on the detour?? And did teams travel to other place in Japan through train like what teams did in season 14..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Nice find nyydem !!

eta: I see cdfe88 is on it ;)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Nice find graytex!! :jumpy: :jumpy:
graytex, nyydem or cdfe? ^_^

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Nice find nyydem !!

I wrote a comment on the blog to ask for more info
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Nice find nyydem !!

I wrote a comment on the blog to ask for more info

Saw it.. Haha.. Hope the blogger respond you..

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2009, 09:52:54 PM »

Btw the green room look cool.. Any sightings on the detour?? And did teams travel to other place in Japan through train like what teams did in season 14..

Tokyo is not in the same timeline as Los Angeles!  They are a day ahead and if you do cross the dateline going westward, you sometimes might lose a day if it depends on when the flight leaves.  Since teams left in the afternoon to Japan, they didn't lose a day since they arrived the next day in the afternoon.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2009, 09:54:02 PM »

Tokyo is not in the same timeline as Los Angeles!  They are a day ahead and if you do cross the dateline going westward, you sometimes might lose a day if it depends on when the flight leaves.  Since teams left in the afternoon to Japan, they didn't lose a day since they arrived the next day in the afternoon.
Oic.. So is same as other asia countries.. Thanks!!  :tup:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2009, 09:58:57 PM »
It's 77 miles from Narita to the center of Tokyo, slightly less to the northeast side and more to the west and south. This is a natural for taking the train to a central point and switching to either another train (Tokyo has a fantastic transportation system, complete with "pushers" who literally do just that, but you do not want to be in it during any rush hour). Teams would have arrived Sunday morning Tokyo time after Saturday departure from LAX.

By Japan Railways (JR) Narita to Tokyo Station:

The fastest option to get to Tokyo Station is the JR Narita Express (NEX), requiring roughly one hour for the one way journey. All seats are reserved. The one way fare between Narita Airport and Tokyo Station is about 2900 yen. There are departures every 30 to 60 minutes.

At 94 yen/dollar (current rate) the train trip is about $30.

Tokyo Rail Transit Key Points Map

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2009, 10:07:50 PM »
Based on the history of the Amazing Race, the logical flights are AA169 and UA891 as outlined by Chateau. However, those are not the only possiblities in the approximate time frame.

There also was :

KE002 11:40  -  15:05
NH005 12:55  -  16:20
NW001 12:55  -  16:20  (note: NH005 may be a code-share of this)
JL061 (code-share American and Delta) 13:20  -  16:45

The next flights do not leave until 1445, almost 1.5 hours later so I think the above are what makes sense.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2009, 11:19:31 PM »
The two flights identified are the two flights taken.

As mentioned above, teams travelled by TAXI to Tokyo, although the train would have been much more interesting!!  I loved the white gloved "pushers", hope they have to use the trains later!

And we have the arrival times listed as 4 to 430PM 7/19, is there something off? ???

Teams would have arrived Sunday morning Tokyo time after Saturday departure from LAX.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2009, 11:29:21 PM »
btw, guys.  Since [hopefully] they're in Japan right now as their 1st leg for TAR 15, did you know that today their country is now celebrating Marine Day?  Click this info about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Day.  I wonder if they'll gonna celebrate that holiday on that country right now while they're on a race?  What will be looks like?

p.s.
I hope they'll gonna race in my country, the Philippines by tomorrow and the best place will be either in Manila, Cebu, Olongapo or Baguio City. ;D

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2009, 11:37:58 PM »
Going westward (TAR-15), one would gain a day crossing the International Date Line. Going eastward (TAR-14), one would lose a day crossing the International Date Line.
Matthew 7:15