Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 436450 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 15 spoilers, sightings & locations
« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2009, 12:30:20 PM »
Quote from: Chateau
This shot was taken between 4:22 and 4:30 pm (assumes July 25th).
Right as always.  :tup:  :yess:
Although GE/GM does a decent job with Phnom Penh, I have some interactive maps for Peach whenever she wants to get that started.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=18840.0;attach=123467;image
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 01:54:53 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2009, 01:17:39 PM »
Thanks Slowhatch!  I was able to use an architectural feature on the building in the background to get a good solar altitude.  That and the way the sun is shinning perpendicular to the building make for a sharp estimate.

How did you get exif data off that shot?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2009, 01:28:52 PM »
You guys are awesome!! :jam:

Hang onto those Maps...  computer should be fixed next week and will get the thread up and running!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline IheartTAR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2009, 01:40:18 PM »
Wow, the photos of the Globe Trotters are amazing! Did that person have any more pics of any of the other teams? Do we have any idea of what other teams are still "alive"? Are any female/female teams still racing? How about Jodah and Michelle? Sorry, I have been working like crazy the last few days and now I feel out of the loop!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2009, 01:41:57 PM »
The TAR 15 Timeline thread will give you an idea of who was left the last time teams were sighted.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2009, 02:25:22 PM »
Although GE/GM does a decent job with Phnom Penh, I have some interactive maps for Peach whenever she wants to get that started.

Note that the exif time on the photo says 04:24 - that would be 4:24 am - not 4:24 pm. Its obviously not 4am in the photo.

I believe the blogger originated on the US eastern time zone and hasn't reset their camera's time - so you have to compensate 11 hours (maybe 12? depending on DST).
That's how I got 15:24 Phnom Penh time a few posts ago...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2009, 02:28:22 PM »
Found this while google advance searching:

While I Am Away

Thursday, July 30, 2009
Amazing Race at Masada!
Turns out the "documentary crew" thats staying at the kibbutz is the amazing race!

We got kicked out for 2 days, so I went with some of the vols down to Eilat. Before we left some of the film people arrived and they were taking over the whole east wing.

When we cam back north on our way to J'lem we were going to do the dawn climb up Masada, but it was closed. Gaurds everywhere!
I recognized the amazing race flags on the jeeps they were using - American jeeps though in rainbow colors!

One of the english vols managed to get some pictures of the actors coming down the snake path and I checked out one of the vans they were using. The film permit said the amazing race!
Posted by Stephan Cohen at 7:02 AM 
 :wohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #257 on: July 30, 2009, 02:47:42 PM »

While I Am Away

Thursday, July 30, 2009
Amazing Race at Masada!
Turns out the "documentary crew" thats staying at the kibbutz is the amazing race!

We got kicked out for 2 days, so I went with some of the vols down to Eilat. Before we left some of the film people arrived and they were taking over the whole east wing.

When we cam back north on our way to J'lem we were going to do the dawn climb up Masada, but it was closed. Gaurds everywhere!
I recognized the amazing race flags on the jeeps they were using - American jeeps though in rainbow colors!

One of the english vols managed to get some pictures of the actors coming down the snake path and I checked out one of the vans they were using. The film permit said the amazing race!
Another great find caper!! :jumpy: :jumpy:

to add

Friday, July 24, 2009
Mysterious goings on in Ein Gedi
For some wacky reason they've decided to give us a few days off next week.
Something about a documentary film crew coming to stay - with celebrities and everything.
I'm organizing a trip with some of the newbies to Massada and Jerusalem - staying at the Jaffa Gate hostel again.

Hmm, might be more exciting to stick around here though and play paparazzi!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #258 on: July 30, 2009, 02:49:59 PM »
So we are going to Israel!   :jumpy:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2009, 02:54:50 PM »

While I Am Away

Thursday, July 30, 2009
Amazing Race at Masada!

I doubt that this report is real
I am checking hebrew blogs  for TAR sighting in Masada, Ben gorion airport and Jerusalem (if they cometo Israel it's a must) and I came up with nothing.
anyway if they would come to Israel Masada is a classic TAR place to visit so I'll keep checking
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 02:58:44 PM by retard boi »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2009, 03:02:09 PM »

I am checking hebrew blogs  for TAR sighting in Masada, Ben gorion airport and Jerusalem (if they cometo Israel it's a must) and I came up with nothing.
anyway if they would come to Israel Masada is a classic TAR place to visit so I'll keep checking
The blogger is from LA, I think its legit and the route makes sense .. it adds up  :casey

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »

Note that the exif time on the photo says 04:24 - that would be 4:24 am - not 4:24 pm. Its obviously not 4am in the photo.

I believe the blogger originated on the US eastern time zone and hasn't reset their camera's time - so you have to compensate 11 hours (maybe 12? depending on DST).
That's how I got 15:24 Phnom Penh time a few posts ago...

Go with the 12 hour shift. 

3:24 pm is too early, the sun would have been at 42 degrees altitude at that time.  Clearly not the case with the spoiler shot.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2009, 03:41:34 PM »

While I Am Away

Thursday, July 30, 2009
Amazing Race at Masada!

I am checking hebrew blogs  for TAR sighting in Masada, Ben gorion airport and Jerusalem (if they cometo Israel it's a must) and I came up with nothing.

Israel?? Wow, Masada is close to the Dead Sea and at first I really doubt Israel because of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict in the region, but It's outside the West Bank so teams would probally have flowned into Tel Aviv or Eilat since Jerusalem doesn't have a commerical airport anymore since its shutdown in 2001.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2009, 03:49:30 PM »

While I Am Away

Thursday, July 30, 2009
Amazing Race at Masada!

Israel?? Wow, Masada is close to the Dead Sea and at first I really doubt Israel because of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict in the region, but It's outside the West Bank so teams would probally have flowned into Tel Aviv or Eilat since Jerusalem doesn't have a commerical airport anymore since its shutdown in 2001.

If this is real then they may have flown into Amman and crossed at the Allenby bridge - about a 2 hour drive away.
But I'm skeptical...  :browsie: :smoke
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2009, 03:52:25 PM »
To get to Israel, The teams may have tried this flight combination:

Wednesday July 29th:
Royal Jordanian RJ 611 leaving Dubai at 12:45 pm and arriving Amman, Jordan at 2:55 pm
then
Royal Jordanian RJ 346 leaving Amman at 4:15 pm and arriving Tel-Aviv at 5:00 pm

The departure and arrival times fit within the known sightings.  There may be an earlier arrival through Europe.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:57:35 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2009, 03:58:24 PM »
Royal Jordanian RJ 611 leaving at 12:45 pm and arriving Amman, Jordan at 2:55 pm
then
Royal Jordanian RJ 346 leaving at 4:15 pm and arriving Tel-Aviv at 5:00 pm

The departure and arrival times fit within the known sightings.  There may be an earlier arrival through Europe.

Amman would be a possibility.  But I came to another thought, what if LaHerotz (TAR Israel) begain filming its 2nd season.  They used the same colors as our Race and Jeeps were used before for their race on the last season on way to Ben Gurion Airport.  Also the report from Israel, we have no idea of which teams are there or even if it's not our race at all.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2009, 04:33:12 PM »
Hopefully the pictures mentioned will show up and we'll be able to determine who they saw.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2009, 05:18:09 PM »
Another great find, caper!  :jumpy:  :jam:
Masada: map here, panos here and here. Ein Gedi here.
There are a couple of online applets for exif data; the one I use now comes from this page.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2009, 05:21:46 PM »

Wednesday July 29th:
Royal Jordanian RJ 611 leaving Dubai at 12:45 pm and arriving Amman, Jordan at 2:55 pm
then
Royal Jordanian RJ 346 leaving Amman at 4:15 pm and arriving Tel-Aviv at 5:00 pm

We do not know precisely when teams got to the Dubai pit stop(if anybody does, then speak up) and when they were released. It is ceratinly plausible that the flights from Dubai to Amman were earlier. There was EK901 0725 0920 and RJ613 0730 0940.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »
We think Stephanie might have encountered a team in the lobby of her hotel in Dubai apskips but thats speculation since we have not heard anything else from her.

Twitter: # Name Stephanie Cauldwell

We were checking out and this American couple came in with tv cameras. They wanted to borrow Joe's mobile to call the airport.
8:37 PM Jul 28th

they said they were doing a travel documentary but mum thinks it might be that Amazing Race show. we were
 to excited 8:39 PM Jul 28th

they promised us free skydiving lessons in America if they could use our mobile. they teach skydiving. I want try but I'll be too scared!about 1 hour ago from web
8:42 PM Jul 28th

Going on holiday is so much fun! We're leaving for the airport to visit Uncle Phil in Australia. He doesn't have internet. :( So TTFN! about 1 hour ago from web
8:44 PM Jul 28th

http://twitter.com/SteffieSunrise
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:43:43 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2009, 06:49:08 PM »
Racers were seen coming down the Snake Path, but no mention of the uphill trip. It looks rather steep, but a cable car is available (both can be seen here).

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2009, 07:07:35 PM »
Racers were seen coming down the Snake Path, but no mention of the uphill trip. It looks rather steep, but a cable car is available (both can be seen here).

there's two ways  to go up to the fort -

there's the old tourist  boring path using the cable and there is a road path in the mounthen itself going up - it's not like rock climing or anything but it's a hard walk (you pay to the Masada place either way   :jumpy: ) there isn't anything exciting to do in Mesada itself beside to look at the old fortress and learn about the history of the place (mass suicide story if you are familiar).

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:13:21 PM by retard boi »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2009, 07:18:08 PM »
A fwiw ...

Season run Fall 2009

Filming dates Summer 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HaMerotz_LaMillion_2

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective