Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 436515 times)

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
Re: The Amazing Race 15 Location Spoilers
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2009, 02:14:08 AM »
Laos is only a speculation by Mooyou. There is no proof that they were in Laos but if there were in Laos or any surrounding countries, then it would be possible by train or bus (remember TARA 3 when they took the 24 hour  bus ride  :funny:)
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2009, 02:20:56 AM »
Confirmed Location

LA, USA (Starting Line)- Saturday July 18, 2009

Tokyo, Japan (Leg 1)- Sunday July 19, 2009

Ho Chin Minh City, Viet Nam- Wednesday July 22, 2009

Note: All Dates are in USA Dates.

Any Missing?
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2009, 02:28:39 AM »
Nothing is CONFIRMED yet for Nam, although yes it seems probably us, but we need more evidence. Another leg could be just possible I suppose, but any spec as to where rightly belongs in the spec thread.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2009, 03:37:53 AM »
Travelling to Laos by land is possible, but very very unlikely given TAR's recent modus operandi. It's a 24h train ride to Hue and another 18h or so by bus to Vientiane. Even to the closest town in Laos requires a 12h bus ride to the border - and that border's pretty much a desolate wasteland. (Bad, bad memories on both journeys...)

Doesn't look like they're going anywhere by land, unless it's elsewhere in Vietnam or to Phnom Penh (a couple of hours by bus away).

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2009, 04:37:07 AM »
Thank you plaidmoon!! :jumpy: :jumpy:

And :welcome: to RFF!!

Thanks for the welcome! Actually I posted once or twice as Plaidmoon during the time the forum was tracking Season 13. When I found the twitter pointing to Vietnam  :yess: , I couldn't remember my password or the email account I used when creating it,  :duno:  so rather than sit on the information, I just created a new account.  ;D

I agree with your comment later on that this doesn't confirm that they are in Vietnam. I'd like to see a couple of more people saying they saw the Amazing Race teams running about, or even better, a picture or two. 

I also agree that this is probably leg 3. The fact that they were finishing in the morning (and we don't know whether the team she saw was first or last) tells me that either they arrived around sunrise and had a set of quickly completed challenges or that they may have arrived late the previous afternoon had an overnight stay waiting for some site to open in the morning. I don't have any great ideas about where leg 2 was. I see a lot of possibilities - South Korea, China, The Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao. From the last season or two, I'll guess they did a second leg in either Japan or Vietnam. It saves money and there's one less government to file paperwork with. Vietnam seems more likely with Hanoi or the previously mentioned Hue the best candidates.

It seems to me that by going west, they've made it harder on the teams. Usually they go to either Europe or South America and the teams either have a smattering of Spanish or the local people know some English so the teams can get by while they get used to racing and develop their racing legs. This time, the street signs are mostly in Japanese or Vietnamese characters and generally unreadable to Americans, adding to their stress. There's probably enough English speakers to get help from, but not as many as in Europe. However, I've never been to Europe or Asia, so i could easily be wrong about this.

Plaidmoon

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2009, 05:03:14 AM »
This is PROBABLY the tank:
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Vietnam/Thanh_Pho_Ho_Chi_Minh/Ho_Chi_Minh_City-1470720/Things_To_Do-Ho_Chi_Minh_City-Reunification_Palace-BR-1.html

It's there, though I don't want to violate someone's picture. It's the tank that crossed this palace during the Saigon war??

I was looking on Google Earth at the Reunification Palace and that tank was shown there. There was supposedly another spot near there that had 2 tanks and yet another than had a Vietnam war era fighter jet. Google Earth didn't have a very sharp image, so I couldn't zoom in as much as I wanted, but it didn't seem like a great place for a pit stop. The tank shown here was next to a road and as can be seen, under a bunch of trees. I couldn't see all angles around the tank, but where I could see, there didn't seem to be much open space to set up the pit stop mat. It does have a nice red and yellow chain blocking it off.  :lol: Across the road is a big open grassy lawn area, but to get the tank into the scene at Phil's back, Phil would have to have his back to the road (and to the teams running up).  Perhaps they can get the road closed for the day and set up on the road. Now that I think about it, as a history museum, they may not be using the road for cars and trucks anyway. It still seems like the camera crew may have a few challenges in shooting the teams arriving at the pit stop. I'd post some of the pictures I was looking at, but I was at work and I didn't want to post from there. At home, I have a very poor internet connection, so I'll have to leave that for someone else to do. Besides, it's way past my bedtime.  :updaters

Plaidmoon

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2009, 08:24:08 AM »
Since the first leg is 2 hours, mybe thy did two legs in Tokyo? Lik they did in Beijing in seasn 10. It sees likley.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2009, 10:17:26 AM »
More from girlclumsy!!!
Now in Phnom Penh

girlclumsy: I would've asked for his autograph but I don't know his name - my theory is "The Amazing Race" will be in Angkor Wat this season!
5 minutes ago from web · Reply · View Tweet

girlclumsy: Have been drinking in the Foreign Correspondents Club in Phnom Penh. And the host of "The Amazing Race"was there as well!
6 minutes ago from web · Reply · View Tweet
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:36:29 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2009, 10:24:50 AM »
Well that counts as confirmation to me !!!!!!

:tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2009, 10:27:18 AM »
Maybe it was just someone that looked like Phil? I can't see them returning to Phnom Penh so soon as they just visited Cambodia and Angkor Wat in season 13.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2009, 10:37:43 AM »
Maybe it was just someone that looked like Phil? I can't see them returning to Phnom Penh so soon as they just visited Cambodia and Angkor Wat in season 13.

Why not? They've done it to India in 3 back to back seasons... LOL!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2009, 10:42:48 AM »

*cough* China 3 legs *cough*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2009, 10:46:20 AM »
Shes a Journalist from Australia I most certainly would think she knows very well whom Phil Keoghan is except his name of course, lol
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 11:21:28 AM by puddin »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »

*cough* Russia 4 legs in 2 back-to-back seasons *cough*
*EPIC cough* LA starting line for 4 back-to-back seasons *EPIC cough*

On topic: Is it possible they take buses from Ho Chi Minh (if it is true they're going there) to Phnom Penh? I found this site which lists bus times:
http://www.vntraveler.com/answers/bus-saigon-ho-chi-minh-city-to-phnom-penh.html
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2009, 10:48:48 AM »

Possible race track for now..?

... and if they continue to go West ... it's India again. :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2009, 10:53:59 AM »
Shes a Journalist from Australia I most certainly would think she knows very well whom Phil Keoghan is.
She probably got starstruck and wouldn't expect TAR to be on the same ground as her's?
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2009, 11:02:37 AM »

How about China 0 legs cough cough?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2009, 11:14:29 AM »

How about China 0 legs cough cough?

Then i think cough syrup will probably work. *winks*

nevermind

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2009, 11:19:10 AM »
Hmmmm...this from Mrs Shrek:

Guess who else was in Tokyo and NOW Phnom Penh??

Mel!

http://www.melwhite.org/blog/63
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2009, 11:23:40 AM »
Also, from a FB followup: (thanks to Mrs Shrek again for the heads up)

first posted 7/20:

how about in Vietnam? i've seen this in Hochiminh city rite?July 20 at 11:42am

And to me:
Today at 9:07am
exactly,i sis saw this not me.i really like TAR and suddenly,my sis have a chance but not me.
She told me about what TAR happened in VN.
i just can say WOW and hope to join in TAR!
that's all.thanks for ur mess.

Could the first Twitter post been late? ??? 20th seems too soon but possible??

Turned out to be a TARA sighting in Hue...sorry!  :res:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:49:04 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2009, 11:34:09 AM »
Foreign Correspondents Club--pictures!

http://www.fcccambodia.com/phnom_penh/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »
The girls in the photo here oddly remind me of Tiffany/Michelle. :funny: Taken Jan 2008 though. :(

http://www.fcccambodia.com/phnom_penh/phnom_penh_photos.php?img=50
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2009, 07:35:39 PM »
If Leg Two isn't in Japan, it'd have to be in China, Taiwan or South Korea, right? Nothing else makes much geographical sense...

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2009, 11:39:49 PM »
If Leg Two isn't in Japan, it'd have to be in China, Taiwan or South Korea, right? Nothing else makes much geographical sense...
Or maybe they did one leg in Japan and then two legs in Vietnam, with the Pit Stop spoiler being for the second leg in Vietnam? TAR has visited Vietnam twice and stayed there for two legs on both occasions. :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I JUST KNEW IT.. COULD IT BE.. SINGAPORE?? (OR WHERE IS IT??)
This is a blog post by a Singaporean blogger, i believe. (MIGHT NOT BE)

Saturday, July 25, 2009
i'm sorry to tell you but you're the last team to arrive

THE AMAZING RACE!!!

I love the show! Despite the reality tv tag, it beats a hell of a lot of tv programming on the air right now. I've always wanted to be a part of the show. And today, I possibly could be! No, I did not get on as a contestant. That would be great if I did but alas, not the case. What happened was, I potentially can be seen in the background. LOL. I know, nothing much to shout about but it is my fave reality competition.

They were filming in the market I was shopping at and one pair's camera guy actually stopped and took a 5 second shot of me, winked and ran off after the couple he was attached to. I was filmed by a crew of "The Amazing Race"!! Also, I passed by multiple pairs and their camera and sound guy so hopefully I will appear in one or another shot. Yea. My claim to fame will be a background, blink-and-you'll-miss-it part in "The Amazing Race"!

All in all, I bumped into 5 pairs. The first was a male-male partnership, second was a couple who looked really miserable, third was another couple wearing matching dark blue tees and the guy was wearing a bandanna - rambo-style (this is when I got filmed), fourth was another male-male pair I think - one of em had a combo of neon green with some pink hair and lastly was a girl-girl pair - an asian chick with a white girl. The only definite film capture that I know of is when I bumped into the third pair. And that's even if he wasn't just pointing the cam in my face and pretending to take a shot :P

If it was my 5 seconds of fame shot then of course, it's all dependant on the editing guys so crossing my fingers that I don't end up on the cutting room floor. I hope to see myself on "The Amazing Race". I wish I could meet Phil though. Have a run towards the mat and do the whole jump and get checked in routine. That would be super great if that happened! I'm so dorky but what else can I say?

OMG! This had to be it, because Maria Ho is Asian and the description fits!!

URL provided upon request.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:57:55 PM by puddin »