Author Topic: Location Lookout  (Read 20784 times)

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
Re: Location Lookout
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »
I'll keep a look out for them during my trip. Will be flying from Shanghai HongQiao to Shenzhen and later to Singapore. Will report anything if I see them. :D And also wouldn't it be obvious it they were teams because they MUST have video recorders so shouldn't the people following the teams have big bags?
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2009, 10:33:29 PM »
Love you G-Man!!  :kuss:

But puddin and I both believe that we haven't missed them, and that they will most likely be starting the race sometime this week.  :tup:

And I personally think we will see a usual US start, no fancy shenanigans. 

So keep looking guys!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2009, 11:17:59 PM »
I think they should start at the LaBrea Tar Pits! That would make for some interesting TV, people running for their cars and getting stuck in the pits.
Just here to visit.

DavidJunior

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2009, 11:40:07 PM »
i will keep my eyes peeled in San Fran and Miami all day tomorrow!

and i will be keeping a watch in Guayaquil all throughout my trip, just in case they go to SA at the end of the race...

but even if i do get some info, it will have to wait until July 24th, when i get back (so hopefully i won't be the only one who sees them, if i do...)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2009, 12:07:24 AM »
i will keep my eyes peeled in San Fran and Miami all day tomorrow!

and i will be keeping a watch in Guayaquil all throughout my trip, just in case they go to SA at the end of the race...

but even if i do get some info, it will have to wait until July 24th, when i get back (so hopefully i won't be the only one who sees them, if i do...)

You can call, need a $  ?? :funny:  And there are always Internet cafes...  But have fun!!

Walk by the American and United counters for sure...you never know!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2009, 08:42:15 AM »
Malaysian Borneo and a couple of cities Down Under are on my itinerary this coming month, wonder if I'd get lucky?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2009, 10:25:36 AM »
Given recent history, I'd wager that someone needs to set a stakeout at the Delhi airport.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2009, 10:56:16 AM »
Malaysian Borneo and a couple of cities Down Under are on my itinerary this coming month, wonder if I'd get lucky?

I got lucky in Cairns once - in my youth.  :-[

Make sure you take your camera.

Oh wait, where am I?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2009, 07:22:52 PM »
I got lucky in Cairns once - in my youth.  :-[

You mean in Season 4? :ascared
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2009, 05:42:50 AM »
I didn't get lucky in Manila. :'(

Given recent history, I'd wager that someone needs to set a stakeout at the Delhi airport.

Someone should prob. stay in Mumbai airport as well, if that's the case. ;)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2009, 08:18:47 AM »
With the Michael Jackson memorial being held there, I think we can be sure that the starting line will not be the Staples Centre in LA today. Or anywhere around there.

With all of the extra traffic in LA today it should be difficult to get away undetected.

RIP Michael  :'(
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2009, 08:20:45 AM »
With the Michael Jackson memorial being held there, I think we can be sure that the starting line will not be the Staples Centre in LA today. Or anywhere around there.

With all of the extra traffic in LA today it should be difficult to get away undetected.

RIP Michael  :'(

But couldn't they just make the pitstart of the race earlier so that they could catch their flight...OR we could have a team missing their flight and having to quit on the first leg. That would be funny.  :funny:
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2009, 01:33:27 PM »
I'm sure they went somewhere else if the race were to start today. Plus, most of CBS' resources are all in LA to cover the memorial service.
Just here to visit.

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2009, 04:58:49 PM »
Decided to join the friendly banter at RFF, and my favorite show. My husband is a flight attendant and he will be flying to Amsterdam, Montreal, Toronto, Frankfurt, Barcelona and possibly Munich and Barcelona in the coming month.

So any word of them traveling through Europe let me know. Although I wont have to prod him too much as he is a huge fan too. I know he will be on the lookout for any signs, route markers or  teams in his travels.

I think last year he missed the teams as they connected through Germany by just a few hours.

Hoping for a sighting this year! Will let ya know.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2009, 05:11:31 PM »
Decided to join the friendly banter at RFF, and my favorite show. My husband is a flight attendant and he will be flying to Amsterdam, Montreal, Toronto, Frankfurt, Barcelona and possibly Munich and Barcelona in the coming month.

So any word of them traveling through Europe let me know. Although I wont have to prod him too much as he is a huge fan too. I know he will be on the lookout for any signs, route markers or  teams in his travels.

I think last year he missed the teams as they connected through Germany by just a few hours.

:bigwelcome  Heliox!! :waves:

Glad you finally came over to join us!!   :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2009, 05:32:03 PM »

Oh welcome Heliox!!

NoluckBoston

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2009, 10:36:21 PM »

Lol I am guessing Continental, but I first thought Delta.