Author Topic: Location Lookout  (Read 20737 times)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Location Lookout
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 07:19:33 AM »
All quiet on the Eastern front.

*picks at nails* Geez, I'm bored.

(Also reporting that the flu has pretty much got entrenched in E Asia, so ironically quarantine isn't that big of a problem now.)

Offline harley

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 12:58:56 PM »
Heee...none in Atlanta or Louisville either.

I should have told you - the only way to get out of Louisville on a direct international flight is to be a box on UPS.

I have briefed both of my brothers (pilots) on what to look for that might be TAR-related.  And at minimum, I expect a detailed description; but pictures are even better.
Dear Lord: So far today, I'm doing alright. I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, selfish or nasty. I have not gossiped, cursed, whined or eaten chocolate. However, I am going to get out of bed in a minute, and will need a lot more help then. Amen.

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 01:34:12 AM »
Heee...none in Atlanta or Louisville either.

I should have told you - the only way to get out of Louisville on a direct international flight is to be a box on UPS.

I have briefed both of my brothers (pilots) on what to look for that might be TAR-related.  And at minimum, I expect a detailed description; but pictures are even better.

Thanks for using your connections!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »

Now that sounds like a plan :P
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 06:04:33 PM »
All quiet on the Eastern front.

Quiet on the (non-LA) Western front too! :res:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2009, 08:21:27 PM »
any1 want to use the freedom of information act?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 08:27:59 PM »
Go for it Kogs!

NoluckBoston

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »
What are some of the web search  people are doing?

I was searing on Google for "World Race"  and other tags like permit, LAX, or filming. I narrowed the search terms as of last week and last month. I got no good hits.

There are some stellar sleuths on here. Any other tips?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 08:58:48 PM »
amazing race contestants
saw amazing race contestants
on flight with amazing race ...
airport amazing race ...
saw teams of 2 ...........

I don't think you'll get any WRP/CBS hits but don't give up!

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2009, 11:13:36 PM »

I support this statement!  :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2009, 07:53:38 AM »

99% of the time that isn't necesaary. :lol: 

But has been known to happen!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2009, 08:09:47 AM »
amazing race contestants
saw amazing race contestants
on flight with amazing race ...
airport amazing race ...
saw teams of 2 ...........

I don't think you'll get any WRP/CBS hits but don't give up!

If you use google advanced search you can also exclude terms like "Rusty Pickle" and "he who knows".

I don't know what a rusty pickle is - but I hate it...  (:;)
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2009, 10:41:16 AM »
Rusty Pickle is a scrapbooking site doing some sort of Amazing Race Scrapbook competition. And a gazillion hits later... :groan: I know I will never be a scrapbooker, :lol:

Excluding he who knows is a good idea. I have had his page replicate itself endlessly and cause me to reboot. Plus he is stealing from us directly, word for word, without attribution. Not worth the time.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2009, 11:00:29 AM »
  :waves: Who? When? I've forgotten.
In my neck of the woods. the California Public Records Act allows for "balancing" the public interest against disclosure. Attracting film production to the state vs. informing spoilers is a no-brainer: the spoiler loses every time. Smiling and saying  :please: goes a lot farther than demanding your rights. (It also helps to catch the right person in the right mood  ;D)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2009, 11:20:28 AM »
  :waves: Who? When? I've forgotten.
In my neck of the woods. the California Public Records Act allows for "balancing" the public interest against disclosure. Attracting film production to the state vs. informing spoilers is a no-brainer: the spoiler loses every time. Smiling and saying  :please: goes a lot farther than demanding your rights. (It also helps to catch the right person in the right mood  ;D)

not if your in the press  ;) ;)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2009, 11:49:23 AM »
What are some of the web search  people are doing?

I was searing on Google for "World Race"  and other tags like permit, LAX, or filming. I narrowed the search terms as of last week and last month. I got no good hits.

There are some stellar sleuths on here. Any other tips?

Another good site is for LA specific information - http://www.filmla.com/
You can sign up for emails telling you when and where they will be filming in your LA neighbourhood...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2009, 12:05:39 PM »
When searching the web be careful of those links that take you to those virus video eggs! they are hard to close so I use my task manager. Seems like there are more than ever!

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2009, 01:22:45 PM »
Nothing so far here in the Portland, Oregon area.

:duno:

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2009, 02:26:27 PM »

Nothing where I live. Someone told me taping would start after the 4th??

DavidJunior

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2009, 01:07:20 AM »

Nothing where I live. Someone told me taping would start after the 4th??

that was me speculating...

but, by the looks of it, that statement might actually come true

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2009, 07:45:12 AM »
David Jr. and many others who were not part of RFF at the time, I ask you to consider what happened in AR11. Teams got to the bottom of South America, Ushuaia before they were spotted after the 4th episode was completed and starting the second week of AR11. If I were Bertram van Munster, I would use a route which minimizes publicity and makes it difficult for RFF to achieve its mission. It is posible that he has found such a route. I cannot believe that teams did not leave at least by yesterday. Probably we will see once the race is spotted. Can you imagine a route which gets all the way to the finish without being spotted. That would require the use of some obscure airlines.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »
Could WRP actually shut off all possible means of filming while teams are at airports? I might say that they are having a new approach right now... But even so we do not spot teams, how about clues? It's July and September is getting close as well...

I could probably think that they're planning a new approach to film the Race moments before its premiere??  :duno:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2009, 09:36:22 AM »
David Jr. and many others who were not part of RFF at the time, I ask you to consider what happened in AR11. Teams got to the bottom of South America, Ushuaia before they were spotted after the 4th episode was completed and starting the second week of AR11. If I were Bertram van Munster, I would use a route which minimizes publicity and makes it difficult for RFF to achieve its mission. It is posible that he has found such a route. I cannot believe that teams did not leave at least by yesterday. Probably we will see once the race is spotted. Can you imagine a route which gets all the way to the finish without being spotted. That would require the use of some obscure airlines.

Even if it seems bad for now, that could make the actual race on TV so much more exciting!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2009, 12:16:42 PM »
Could WRP actually shut off all possible means of filming while teams are at airports? I might say that they are having a new approach right now... But even so we do not spot teams, how about clues? It's July and September is getting close as well...

I could probably think that they're planning a new approach to film the Race moments before its premiere??  :duno:

Last season, they still showed airport scenes, but not plenty!  Thats why they mean "Fewer Airports."  We would still see airport scenes like last season, but not as much.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2009, 06:56:12 PM »
This very well may be the time that TPTB have the teams fly individually to a start in a foreign locale. Their backpacks could even be shipped by TPTB so the teams would not be carrying their backpacks when they leave and would blend in with the other passengers.  Teams could arrive by the end of June in a location not visited by too many American tourists such as Belize.  From there they could fly to an African location for ep1, another African location for ep2 or even ep3.  And so on travelling by lesser means (by train even when possible) to locations not usually visited by hordes of American tourists and RFF spies.

If the race is starting now one place I would not look for them is in France.  The Tour de France runs until July 26 and travel unrelated to the Tour would be hard to do.  So from Africa they could go to the Baltic states, Bulgaria, Belarus, and other lesser known places as the various Stans.  So TAR15 could actually travel quite far without us being aware of what is going on.  Perhaps TPTB could even have members of any airline used sign confidentiality papers (for a small fee and promise of airtime) just to keep them from blabbing about who might be on a flight with them.

All just speculation, of course, by a chemical weakened brain.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:23:31 PM by gingerman28 »