Author Topic: What YOU write is what THEY see  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
What YOU write is what THEY see
« on: August 17, 2009, 10:46:50 AM »
I just had the urge to start this random topic. As we all know, TAR 15 has concluded filming and our our racers should be safely back home by now.

Just wanna say that we should keep really nasty and unjustifiable comments targetted at the racers to ourselves.. as being the number one TAR forum, you DO know how many real racers (present and past) are reading each and every comment posted by all the users on this board.. RIGHT? :)

It really sucks to read someone write something bad about you and you can't really retaliate back something which is not true because of all the contracts and bonds that they have signed which forbid them from doing so. Hence, let's all be mindful of our words and not hurt each other feelings. A little love makes this world a better place. :D

Something justifiable -
JOAB: Jonathan (TAR 6) should really stop shouting at Victoria and needs to learn how to calm down.

And it can actually be written as something very rude -
JOAB: Jonathug please freaking stop whining every moment and complain about everything. You're such a s*ssy and you're a pain in the a$$.

See the difference in the words used but the two sentence came out in two different feelings but with the same meaning. :D

There, nothing else. Good day. LOL! :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: What YOU write is what THEY see
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 04:33:35 PM »
Love you Joab!! :ty3:

:ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:19:54 AM »
^^^What they said...

And here is another reason to watch what you say.
If ordered to by the courts - RFF would be required to hand over any identifying information they have about you should you author a defamatory or libelous post.

This from CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/18/new.york.model.blog.lawsuit/index.html
In her ruling, the judge quoted a Virginia court that ruled in a similar case that nameless online taunters should be held accountable when their derision crosses a line.
"The protection of the right to communicate anonymously must be balanced against the need to assure that those persons who choose to abuse the opportunities presented by this medium can be made to answer for such transgressions," the judge said, quoting the Virginia decision.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 10:53:04 AM »
Exactly, all your IP addresses can be tracked if you think that by hiding behind a computer, you can type/say whatever you want. But this is not the point. My point is that if a particular team/racer simply annoys you.. you don't have to constantly harp on the fact that they annoy you because after hearing why you dislike them for the 3892382938th times, it annoys us as well. :funny: