Author Topic: Kentuckiana Police and Fireman's Benefit-- TAR and Survivor Photos!  (Read 12713 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This is the next big Reality Event--be sure to see who is coming!! http://www.kpffb.org/attendees/attendees_Results.php

The event will be held in Louisville, Kentucky ( HOME to Kisha and Jen, as well as to Kynt and Vyxsin!!) from June 25 to June 28.

This is an event for charity. The proceeds will sponsor the annual Kosair Children's Hospital Christmas Shopping Trip, which provides gifts for all of the children who are unable to go home and need to spend Christmas at our local Kosair Children's Hospital. On Saturday, Sports, Reality, TV and Movie Celebrities will be in attendance to mingle with the crowd, sign autographs and pose for pictures throughout the day and night.  This is a unique event where you can win a silent auction item from Survivor and than have a celebrity from Survivor sign it.  Our celebrities will be walking around, dancing and mingling throughout the night so there will be no standing in line for autographs with celebrities sitting behind tables.  This is truly a unique event that you will want to be part of.

The events include:

June 26: Friday: Riverboat cruise from 11-2 (includes lunch) for VIP ticketholders

June 26 Friday night: Churchill Downs!! Millionaires Row! VIP event. There will be horse racing! Included in the VIP ticket

Later that night an open to the public event at 4th Street Live http://www.4thstlive.com/

June 27: Saturday @ Six Flags
This is the big competitive event! 10 Teams of 4 fans raise a mininimum $1000 entry fee for the opportunity to race with former Survivors and Amazing Racers. Admit to watch included in the VIP ticket. Individual admit tickets also available.

June 27: Saturday night the Galt House Benefit Ball VIP event, tickets also available individually for $50.

June 28 Sunday: departure day...

You can check out the web site here:
http://www.kpffb.org/

Buy tickets here:
http://www.kpffb.org/tickets.html

Read an account of last year's event: http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/blog/2008/06/26/kentucky-charity-a-total-blast/

Read about the challenge here:
http://www.kpffb.org/challenge/challenge.html

Come on out fans! This is a GREAT event for a GREAT cause! Hope to meet some of you there!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:50:09 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Kentuckiana Police and Fireman's Benefit--Look who is coming!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 03:18:08 AM »
Bumping this up for any of you in the area who might be able to attend!

The list of TAR racers and Survivors is growing, so you would be able to meet many of your favorites! And make a donation to a very worthwhile cause in the process.

Look who is confirmed so far!

http://www.kpffb.org/attendees/attendees_Results.php

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 04:18:04 PM »
One more bump in case anyone else is going...please let me know?

3 of us RFFers will be there and will take pics to share, but would like to meet anyone else who may be coming!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 10:43:59 PM »
Kudos to Jen for being on the list. I would go just to see her.  :hearts:

Offline pbradley

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 08:47:44 AM »
They're going to have a surprise baby shower (not really a shower but bringing gifts) for David and Mary Conley if anyone is interested.  You can find Tim Lawler (Mr. Terrefic) and he can help you out.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 09:29:56 AM »
(not really a shower but bringing gifts)

Or a surprise but a special event regardless!

One more bump in case anyone else is going...please let me know?

3 of us RFFers will be there and will take pics to share, but would like to meet anyone else who may be coming!

Sadly, I'm unable to make any of the events, and there won't be a 2-hour appearance at just one event either.  It isn't far from where I live though, and on another day it would be possible, but not this time.  Thanks for the info though!  Take lots of pictures; it defitinitely looks like y'all will have a fun time for such a great cause!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 10:11:06 AM »
Charity Event Ready To Rock
June 24, 2009 06:45:08 by Ryan Haidet

Are you a rabid reality TV fan?  Then why are you sitting on the couch?!?!?  This weekend dozens of reality stars are ready to rock Louisville, Kentucky, for the sixth annual Kentuckiana Police/Firefighter’s Summer Bash Benefit.  This Saturday night you can meet more than 35 of the most popular Survivor contestants including Benjamin “Coach” Wade, Rupert Boneham, JT Thomas Jr. and Todd Herzog along with loads of Amazing Race folks and a few from American Idol (complete list of reality stars attending below).

Not only will the event provide you with the opportunity to get face-to-face with your favorites, but it will also help raise money for a great cause.

At 8 p.m. Saturday (June 27) the long list of reality stars will be gathered together at the Galt House hotel in the Grand Ballroom. “Our event is kind of a combination of a dance and social gathering of all our celebrity guests and the local community,” says Kelly Jones, who is one of the event’s organizers.  “It’s an opportunity for folks who attend to get arm to arm with all of our celebrity guests.  Everyone who attends our function is guaranteed a picture and an autograph with those who are actually in attendance.  We’re not like some events that rope our guests off.”

There is also a silent auction at the event where guests can bid on one-of-a-kind items.

Even though the event itself only takes place for a few hours, work on planning it has been going on for months.  “I couldn’t begin to calculate the true number of man hours,” Jones explains.  “It probably legitimately takes us about nine to 10 months overall.”  It starts with getting sponsors, and he says they start building the guest list around January 1.

The proceeds from the event are used to purchase gifts for children left in the hospital around Christmas time with the remainder of the money going to Kosair Charities.

Again, the ticket price is $50 for the event and it’s located at the Galt House hotel’s Grand Ballroom.

Jones encourages any fan of reality television to stop on out.  “It’s a good time, it’s a fun time and it’s for a great cause.”

If you can’t make it to the event, but would like to help anyway, you can still donate some money by going to the event’s website.

And if you’re a fan of amusement parks, swing on out to Six Flags: Kentucky Kingdom earlier on Saturday afternoon.  The reality stars will be participating in the Kentucky Challenge, which is an Amazing Race-style event throughout the park.  So as you’re making your way around, you just might happen to run into a few of them.

* Writer’s Note *

I have personally been to this event for the last two years and it is absolutely flawless.  If you have the time, I highly encourage stopping out.  You won’t regret it!

Here is the complete list of everybody who is attending the event.  (NOTE: The list is subject to change).

Survivor contestants

Bejamin “Coach” Wade — Survivor: Tocantins
Bob Crowley — winner of Survivor: Gabon
Bobby Mason — Survivor: Exile Island
Brook Gerahty — Survivor: Vanuatu
Bruce Kanegai — Survivor: Exile Island
Cecilia Mansilla — Survivor: Cook Islands
Chris Daugherty — winner of Survivor: Vanuatu
Courtney Yates — Survivor: China
Cristina Coria — Survivor: Cook Islands
Debbie Beebe — Survivor: Tocantins
Eliza Orlins — Survivor: Vanuatu & Survivor: Fans Vs. Favorites
Erik Huffman — Survivor: China
Erik Reichenbach — Survivor: Fans Vs. Favorites
Erinn Lobdell — Survivor: Tocantins
JT Thomas Jr. — winner of Survivor: Tocantins
James “Redneck” Miller — Survivor: Palau
Jaime Dugan — Survivor: China
Jessica “Sugar” Kiper — Survivor: Gabon
Joe Dowdle — Survivor: Tocantins
Lea “Sarge” Masters — Survivor: Vanuatu
Leslie Nease — Survivor: China
Matty Whitmore — Survivor: Gabon
Michael “Frosti” Zernow — Survivor: China
Rita Verreos — Survivor: Fiji
Rupert Boneham — Survivor: Pearl Islands & Survivor: All-Stars
Sandy Burgin — Survivor: Tocantins
Sierra Reed — Survivor: Tocantins
Spencer Duhm — Survivor: Tocantins
Stephen Fishbach — Survivor: Tocantins
Susie Smith — Survivor: Gabon
Tanya Vance — Survivor: Thailand
Terry Dietz — Survivor: Exile Island
Todd Herzog — winner of Survivor: China
Travis “Bubba” Sampson — Survivor: Vanuatu
Yau-Man Chan — Survivor: Fiji & Survivor: Fans Vs. Favorites
Amazing Race contestants

Daniel Honig — season 13
David and Mary — season 10 & All-Stars
Dennis and Andrew — season 3
Eric Sanchez — winner of All-Stars
Godwin and Erwin — season 10
Jenniffer Hoffman — season 14
Jodi Wincheski — season 14
Linda and Steve — season 14
Lyn Turk — season 10
Ray and Deana — season 7
The Linz Family — winners of the family edition
Tom and Terry — season 10
Uchenna Agu — season 7 winners and All-Stars
Pirate Master

Christa DeAngelo
Kendra Guffey
American Idol

Haley Scarnato — season 6
Lindsey Cardinale — season 5
Outback Jack

Vadim and Natalie Dale.
For more information, visit the event’s site at http://www.kpffb.org/.

You can read my reviews of the event from the last two years.

June, 2008: Kentucky Charity A Total Blast!
June, 2007: Reality TV Charity In Kentucky A Five-Star Event
Stay tuned to RealityTVMagazine.com for exclusive coverage and interviews from the event

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/blog/2009/06/24/charity-event-ready-to-rock/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Kentuckiana Police and Fireman's Benefit-- Photos!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 06:18:10 PM »
This event was a total delight from start to finish! The organizers did a fantastic job, and each event was so much fun.

The reality TV cast members all donated their time and energy to raise money for the children's hospital, and it was a treat to meet with them all.

The events of the weekend included a Riverboat Cruise on Friday (no pics from that as I was not there), and Friday evening we all had dinner on Millionaire's Row at Churchill Downs, and I won some $$!

Saturday was the race competition held at Six Flags and oh boy was it ever hot. Fans raised $$ to race, and there was a TAR vs Survivor team.  The TAR team of Eric, David, Ray, and Jodi won that!!

Sat night was the Benefit Gala Ball. One of the highlights was when Eric, Joe and Ray all took a turn at the mike, they were fabulous.

Sat night concluded with a winddown at the Bridge between the towers at the Galt House.

Harley and I have tons of pics to share, I'll add them as they upload.

Many thanks to everyone involved for all the fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Kentuckiana Police and Fireman's Benefit-- Photos!
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 06:21:08 PM »
Churchill Downs

Album Link
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 08:13:56 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Kentuckiana Police and Fireman's Benefit-- TAR and Survivor Photos!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 08:07:32 PM »
Six Flags Race:

Album Link

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 10:08:21 PM »

Benefit Ball

Album Link
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline harley

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »
We did have a really great time.  Before she left on Sunday, I gave Peach a small tour of Louisville which included a couple of places Kynt and Vyxsin hung out, and I got her hooked on Graeter's Bourbon Ball Ice Cream.  Ask her - it's addictive.

We had a great hotel room with a wonderful view of the Ohio River and met another RFFer that we plan to corrupt even further.

Picture links

Dear Lord: So far today, I'm doing alright. I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, selfish or nasty. I have not gossiped, cursed, whined or eaten chocolate. However, I am going to get out of bed in a minute, and will need a lot more help then. Amen.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 08:55:35 PM »
Thank you peach, s1 and Harley for sharing these wonderful pictures as always its most appreciated  :hearts:

Offline harley

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 08:59:41 PM »
I took some video this past weekend as well.

Link to videos

Here's a few of the videos:

Dear Lord: So far today, I'm doing alright. I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, selfish or nasty. I have not gossiped, cursed, whined or eaten chocolate. However, I am going to get out of bed in a minute, and will need a lot more help then. Amen.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 04:27:34 PM »
Thanks Harley!! :hearts:

Y'all be sure to look, she has some fabulous shots!

And oh yeah on the ice cream....yummmm!!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mrspreacher

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 10:10:44 AM »
I can't believe I have never heard of this-I live right across the river from Louisville!!  So do they do this every year in June?  It would be really cool to go to this next year.

Offline harley

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 12:06:38 PM »
They've been doing it for several years, but I'm not sure exactly how long.  I no longer live in Louisville, but my brother said the benefit was mentioned in the Courier-Journal a couple of times in May or June.

The first time I attended was last year, so I'm not sure about events before that.  The last two years it has been in June.

Start watching here on the forum for news about it next year around the time TAR and Survivor have their finales.  And come join us!  The more the merrier!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 02:16:48 PM »
I can't believe I have never heard of this-I live right across the river from Louisville!!  So do they do this every year in June?  It would be really cool to go to this next year.

Hi mrspreacher!  Would have loved to meet you!! :hearts:  Maybe next year!! :dancer:

We'll have news here next year, but you can also watch the Kentuckiana website above for early news!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 10:28:59 PM »
Blog on the weekend from Gillian (Survivor) 

heee...Loiuisville not Louisiana unless I was more confused than I thoughr!! :lol:

Reality Stars Fundraiser weekend in Kentucky
July 3, 2009 by gillian
What do you get when you put 65 Reality Stars together? One amazing amount of fun and a lot of money for Cosair Children’s Charities and yes, I did meet Coach J.

I have just returned from Louisiana where the 2009 Kentuckiana Police and Firefighters Benefit was held. This is an amazing yearly event organized by Matt Keith, Kelly Jones and Mark Lynch and what an amazing job they do.

It is such fun to know I now belong to this great family of Realty Stars J and it is a family.

Contestants from Survivor, Amazing Race, Southern Belles, American Idol, one Pirate Master and even Outback Jack came together to have fun, meet old friends and make new, sign hundreds of autographs and pose for pictures with hundreds of fans who come and support the benefit. Awesome. There is no way I can write about all the great people who came together in a short blog so will focus on Tocantins, as a follow up to my recent blogs for Canadian TV Guide.

Sandy has learned what a “pace” is and we both agreed we were pretty pissed of that the “old women” are always targeted. JT is a most delightful Southern young man and after meeting him I am even more delighted he took the seasons million. Stephen was as wide eyed in Kentucky as he was in Brazil. Sierra, Debbie and Erin all look like they came right from a “Who’s Who in Good Looking American Women “convention and all had a lots of fun. Joe is also awesome and is happy he is not walking around on one leg despite leaving the game too soon because of it. Spencer is much taller than I thought he was and he is a whole lot of fun. AND of course there is Coach. I still have to say that I still like the guy. I know I dissed him in the game but I found him personable, interactive and likable. We talked about his “tall stories” and we both agreed that the average person does not do adventure travel and therefore thinks someone who does is full of ****. After all, who would believe I spent 2 hrs in a cage, diving with Great White Sharks in South Africa and was in awe when one huge mouth opened and bit the cage 6 inches from my face. J So he has the pygmies and I have sharks.

We all had a boat ride down the Ohio River and ate, chatted and laughed about our game experiences. (Mine of course was not laughing matter J )

We all went to Churchill Downs for Night Races, I picked mostly losers, the jockeys are miniature people and we all had much fun. I think we need a jockey on Survivor or 2 on TAR. How fun would that be. Getting under a fence would be a snap for them. 

The Reality Challenge at 6 Flags was a whole lot of fun and The Amazing Race Team beat the Survivor Team hands down L. Fan Team Donnie took home the trophy, “The Roaming Gnome”, no one choked on the funnel cakes they had to eat with no hands and our Bob cannot Hula Hoop to save his life J The Benefit evening was such fun. We mixed and mingled with 600 fans who bought tickets in support of the fund and to get our autographs and pictures. A highlight of the evening was an impromptu Reality Jam session. Eric Huffman ,Joe Dowdle ( Survivor) played guitars and sang, Susie Smith’s son, Trent on drums, Ray Housteau, BJ Averell (Amazing Race), Lindsey Cardinale and Haley Scarnato (American Idol) all sang. Really great music and much cheering all around. Cool.

From our season it was the final 4 and me J and it was great to see them all again. I will have pictures posted www.facebook.com/GillianLarson

And check out the benefit at….http://www.kpffb.org/

http://gillianlarson.com/reality-stars-fundraiser-weekend-in-kentucky/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 10:17:20 PM »
Thank you so much for the photos to include the embedded slide shows.  I've never seen an easier way to scroll through photos on a message board.

Just a comment and question.

B.J. looked like he was having a whole lot of fun with Megan Linz.     ;D

Where was the beautiful Deana?  I saw Ray's ugly mug, but didn't see her.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 12:56:32 AM »
Sadly, Deana and Ray have divorced.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 08:20:13 AM »
Sadly, Deana and Ray have divorced.
That's too bad!  Wish Deana was there...