Author Topic: Amazing Race 15  (Read 122048 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: Amazing Race 15
« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2009, 10:31:48 PM »
Friday has come and gone; Saturday has come and gone; and still no sightings :'( Perhaps LAX was not the jumping off spot.

So where oh where have our little teams gone :duno:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 10:49:33 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2009, 11:20:24 PM »
G-man, teams have not left yet to the best of our knowledge. :) 

Clearly the original info re earlier this week was incorrect, it may even be as late as next Friday.

We have some evidence pointing strongly towards LAX, other possible airports are negative so far.

Hang in there guys...they aren't lost, just a little later than planned.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #252 on: July 12, 2009, 08:06:48 AM »
Okay, the best I can do right this minute is a confirmation of "next week", but that is a good one.   ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2009, 02:10:52 PM »
I am in the GMan camp on this. It seems likely at this point, that the race has in fact started somewhere and is taking a "run silent, run deep" course.  It is now 11 weeks from the probable television debut of AR15. With editing starting at pit stops, World Race Productions has found ways to shorten the length of the production/editing cycle, but do you really think that they would wait until less than 8 weeks before debut to finish the actual AR15? I don't. I think Bertam van Munster has grown tired of spoiling and devised ways to minimize it. Consider that we knew nothing when AR14 teams went to Siberia. There are other such places around the globe. The key to invisibility is to stay off the major airlines. Maybe World Race Productions is now using a fleet of 2 or 3 jets to move the teams from place to place when air travel is required.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 05:46:24 AM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #254 on: July 12, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »
^^^ they didn't leave yet apskips thats the word as of right now
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:38:44 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2009, 02:24:27 PM »
I love fall seasons of TAR! I'm so excited for TAR 15 :D

:yess:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2009, 03:44:38 PM »
^^^ they didn't leave yet apskips thats the word as of right now

Just how do we know this? Care to share the "evidence"?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2009, 03:46:35 PM »
I think you'll have to trust puddin and peach on this.  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
Just here to visit.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2009, 03:51:39 PM »
I think you'll have to trust puddin and peach on this.  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

I trust that they're right, but where does this "info" come from? Why can't it be shared? (This has bothered me for a long time.)
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2009, 04:08:34 PM »
I am in the GMan camp on this. It seems likely at this point, that the race has in fact started somewhere and is taking a "run silent, run deep" course.  It is now 11 weeks from the probable television debut of AR15. With editing starting at pit stops, World Race Productions has found ways to shorten the length of the production/editing cycle, but do you really think that they would wait until less than 8 weeks before debut to start the actual AR15? I don't. I think Bertam van Munster has grown tired of spoiling and devised ways to minimize it. Consider that we knew nothing when AR14 teams went to Siberia. There are other such places around the globe. The key to invisibility is to stay off the major airlines. Maybe World Race Productions is now using a fleet of 2 or 3 jets to move the teams from place to place when air travel is required.

Oh ye of little faith!  And Hooky, we work very hard to find info, and we share as much and when we can, but some info is and will always be confidential.

Anyway, as per the most recent (today), VERY reliable info, the race has NOT yet started, and IS scheduled to start this week.

I think you'll have to trust puddin and peach on this.

Thank you Ken! :kuss:   We are working very hard.

RFF's Golden Rule:

NoluckBoston

« Reply #260 on: July 12, 2009, 08:53:55 PM »
Hey Pudding and Peach,                                                                                                                             :plane:

If you'll hear anything about them making connections at beginning of race time. I offer myself to go to Boston Logan airport to spy, lol I live next to it. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2009, 09:01:19 PM »
Thanks!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #262 on: July 12, 2009, 10:15:39 PM »
I am in the GMan camp on this. It seems likely at this point, that the race has in fact started somewhere and is taking a "run silent, run deep" course.  It is now 11 weeks from the probable television debut of AR15. With editing starting at pit stops, World Race Productions has found ways to shorten the length of the production/editing cycle, but do you really think that they would wait until less than 8 weeks before debut to start the actual AR15? I don't. I think Bertam van Munster has grown tired of spoiling and devised ways to minimize it. Consider that we knew nothing when AR14 teams went to Siberia. There are other such places around the globe. The key to invisibility is to stay off the major airlines. Maybe World Race Productions is now using a fleet of 2 or 3 jets to move the teams from place to place when air travel is required.

Oh ye of little faith!  And Hooky, we work very hard to find info, and we share as much and when we can, but some info is and will always be confidential.

Anyway, as per the most recent (today), VERY reliable info, the race has NOT yet started, and IS scheduled to start this week.

I think you'll have to trust puddin and peach on this.

Thank you Ken! :kuss:   We are working very hard.

Okay, I'm fine now, peach clued me in. :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #263 on: July 12, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »
Hey Pudding and Peach,                                                                                                                             :plane:

If you'll hear anything about them making connections at beginning of race time. I offer myself to go to Boston Logan airport to spy, lol I live next to it. 
thanks Boston  :tup:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2009, 10:49:32 AM »
 :tup:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: July 13, 2009, 11:27:08 AM »

There are 11 flights from LA to Boston today - 7 of them land after noon. Take your camera...

I will be at YYZ today, although there are only 4 flights from LA for me to worry about.
Thank goodness for airport bars  :margarita:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2009, 10:43:41 AM »
I keep a look on Tokyo Narita Int. Airport and Beijing...lol B:)  overdose of china...sigh...
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2009, 11:13:23 AM »

:jam:One down, six to go :waves:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2009, 11:14:29 AM »

:jam: One down, six to go :waves:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2009, 10:48:20 PM »

:jam: :jam: two down, five to go  :waves: :waves: :waves: :waves: :waves:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: July 15, 2009, 02:31:11 AM »
We are getting there and I am excited!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2009, 02:00:46 PM »
maybe they'll set out during lunch time
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #272 on: July 15, 2009, 10:31:22 PM »

:jam: :jam: :jam: three down, four to go  :waves: :waves: :waves: :waves:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: July 15, 2009, 11:21:11 PM »

:jam: :jam: :jam: three down, four to go  :waves: :waves: :waves: :waves:
25% probability thy depart today...:P
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #274 on: July 16, 2009, 01:58:58 AM »
Wasn't today... :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule: